Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Why are white expats in Taiwan going to the Philippines?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Why are white expats in Taiwan going to the Philippines?

Postby Winston » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:36 am

I've been wondering about something. Besides Rock on this forum, there are several other white expats in Taiwan that are making trips to the Philippines or trying to. This is surprising, given the claim that white expats experience an easy active dating life and sex life in Taiwan.

Here's one interesting example. I know a decent looking white Canadian guy in Taipei named Shawn. He has been living in Taiwan for 10 years, with a career there working in the banking industry and now for a law firm. The thing is, he told me that getting dates for him was easy there, especially since he is a white single eligible professional in Taipei, and that every weekend, several women offer to come over to his place to be with him. He portrayed his life to me there - as a single professional male dating high quality professional Taiwanese women. (It reminded me of the image of the high rolling exciting singles life in NYC portrayed in Hollywood movies.)

However, there are a number of things about his life that don't make sense, given the above:

- He often hangs out with Filipinas in Taiwan and takes them on outings. Now, if he is dating high quality professional women in Taiwan, why would he be with low class Filipinas who work in factories and as maids? Isn't that a huge step down?

- But what's even more bizarre is this: When I first met him a few years ago, he was in Angeles City, Philippines, working 15 hours a day in the sweaty environment of a bubble tea stand with his Filipina girlfriend, selling Taiwanese bubble tea! He told me that he was tired of working for someone else and trying to establish his own business. But isn't that the worst way of going about it?

Moreover, why would a professional living in a first world country that is clean, safe and modern, go to the Philippines to start a business that involved long sweaty hours of standing with little profit potential? It seemed irrational and insane, but Shawn seemed like a highly intelligent refined white guy. I could never understand this.

Furthermore, why would he have a Filipina girlfriend that was lower in quality, class and intelligence than the Taiwanese women available to him in Taiwan? I mean, she was nice and decent looking and all, but still.

If I probed him about any of this, he kept it vague or became evasive, as he was a private person who did not like to divulge much about his life or feelings.

After a few months, his Filipina girlfriend and her family betrayed him and screwed him over (though he never told me any details about it). He ended up losing a lot of money he invested into that bubble tea shop, as well as time and effort, and returned to Taiwan.

More recently, Shawn told me that during the Christmas holidays, he could not reply back to my sms because he had his cell phone stolen when he went back to Angeles City. So I asked him, "Why did you go back there? Everything is so low class and low quality. You know that." He replied that he went there to see this black guy that used to hang out at the bubble tea shop there, whom I met before. Then I said, "You mean you went all the way there during Christmas, just to hang out with some black dude? Come on now. There's got to be more to it than that. Did you run out of options in Taiwan? haha" But he never replied to that.

What do you all make of that? How do you explain it? Why would a white guy who has high quality, white skinned, refined, professional, intelligent Taiwanese women available to him want to even both with the Philippines, Angeles City or Filipinas?

Rock, are you going to play devil's advocate on this one again? Or give an objective analysis of it? lol

- Besides Shawn, there's this other young tall white guy from Chicago I met, who came to Taiwan last year to teach English. Last month, he wrote me this:

"Hey bud. I was just reading comments to an article your wrote. http://www.orientexpat.com/forum/16952- ... se-people/

We should talk again and I can give you some stories about my experience thus far. There are certainly times that I felt like an outsider at the school i worked at. The culture here can be very kind to some and cruel to others for reasons that seem bizarre to me.

I think I remember you saying you were in Philippines at some point? I might be going there soon. Anyways holla back."

"I haven't been to Europe but I'm curious. I wonder if Europeans will be uninterested because I'm just a boring white American. Not like here where I'm "unique". I will say you are wrong about Taiwanese girls approaching white guys. That never happens to me unless you mean online. Out in public they are generally shy. But if I approach they are receptive. The thing is I've found that if they are foreigner crazy then that means they will go after any foreigner so they probably juggle many foreigners on the side. I don't want a girl like that.

I just want to check out Philippines because I heard the girls are warmer there and easy to approach and speak decent English. I've done Thailand. Some good women there and the food is awesome. I'm heading to Manila but I don't know where I might go from there. I'm a little curious about Angeles City but then it might be too scandalous."


Again, he should have no problem in Taiwan getting quality girls. So why would he be interested in going to the Philippines or other countries?

None of this makes any sense. Can anyone explain?
Last edited by Winston on Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm







Postby Rock » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:28 am

Winston, I can't answer the riddles you post about your friend Shawn. Maybe he's not being totally open or upfront with you. Maybe he prefers low class girls. Maybe he's self destructive. I just don't know. Unlike him, I've never hung out with Filipinas here. The westerners I know who do that tend to be less attractive guys who have no confidence and are either afraid to approach Taiwan girls or just don't like them.

But I will tell you this. Even I am considering relocating out of Taiwan. I just got back yesterday morning, very depressing. I really hate this place in the winter. It usually cold (40-55 degrees Fahrenheit) and cloudy or rainy. The airport is probably one of the smallest, ugliest, oldest, and least developed of any of the Asian capitals. The bus to town (Fei Go) is like 25 years old and poorly maintained internally. On the ride into town, all u see are ugly 4 story concrete monoliths, often stand-alone in the middle of fields. The various infrastructure projects (airport rail link, etc.) stand partially completed and are way behind schedule. When you reach Taipei, you see all kinds of ugly architecture too. The only nice looking areas are the Hsinyi / 101 area and the newly developed parts of Neihu. It hit home that Taiwan and Taipei have been standing still while much of Asia continues to move forward.

Taipei is still efficient, has great transportation, easy and low cost, has decent food, etc. But in many ways, its not very sexy or exciting.
Even Manila's airport is more impressive. When you step out into the area between the international and domestic terminals, you can see some impressive buildings and urban areas in the backround, presumably Makati or Mall of Asia area. Yes, from a distance, even metro Manila looks a lot more impressive than metro Taipei.

There is a lot more to a place than just the girls. I know several foreign guys who did well with girls here but over time just got sick of the place for other reasons. For some, a small island is downright claustrophobic. For others, the culture is just too stifling. The playboy lifestyle which some may enjoy is supposed to be a very temporary stage on the quest to find a woman, get married, join families, and have children. People’s lives revolve around their parents, spouse, children, and relatives. Working hard and consistently is the path most men take to contribute.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Rock » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:38 am

One more thing. A lot of the westerners who marry local girls here ultimately take the girl back home to start a family overeas. I really think the girls here are great if you want a serious relationship. But many foreigners do not like to stay here long term. When I was in Fort Myers, a few weeks ago, the general quality of life was much higher. I would need to be quite rich to approximate that lifesyle here in Taiwan. Even then, it would be impossible is some ways.

So is PI any better? In some ways, yes. In others no. Cebu was pleasant and I will write about that soon in a separate post. Bangkok is a lot sexier, more exciting, and culturally diverse. For many, Taipei and Taiwan are just way too narrow.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby ladislav » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:33 am

I guess it is an unrestrained, unstructured and wild and free lifestyle that they like. Also, even though I come from a fairly middle class family, I do not like being part of bourgeoisie with its values. And I do not care whether people are rich or poor. Also, Filipinas are so much sexier than Chinese/Taiwanese.
I guess for every such decision there are as many reasons as there are people.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Yeah, it sucks having a lot of beautiful Taiwanese women!

Postby WorldTraveler » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:39 am

Damn, Winston you should have been a detective. How old is Shawn? He sounds like the typical GenX or Y bragger! Yeah, In Taiwan, I’m a rich banker, I f**k tall beautiful model type high class girls that all want to marry me. I don’t even have time to f**k them all. Instead, I come to AC to hang out with the lowest class girls I can find and start a tea shop. I don’t see Hugh Hefner or any movie stars or rock stars in AC, do you? Maybe your friend is a just telling you a little lie. The real reason he comes back to AC is he likes taking rides in trikes with side cars! In fact they did a survey recently in Taiwan of white men working there and asked them why they like to go to AC and 90% said to take rides in trikes with side cars! The other 10% said they come to eat at Kokomo’s! Very simple Winston, when Shawn is in Taiwan, get him to introduce you into that jet-set lifestyle of his. Then you let me know and I’ll come over and get the leftovers from you and Shawn!
WorldTraveler
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:46 pm

Postby Winston » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:33 pm

Hi Rock,
First, I don't see anything in terms of infrastructure that Makati has over Taipei. Not at all. Makati is only nice by Filipino standards, but beneath all that shiny paint are still low quality building materials that break and erode easily. When was the last time you went to Makati anyway? I don't remember ever taking you there. I did take you to Ortigas when I went to that work meeting and brought you along one time.

I think you mean the new airport in Manila. The old airport there has got to be the worst in the world, and the way it was designed was totally senseless. If you've stood outside in the waiting area, you'll know what I'm talking about. You'll never want to do it again.

You are thinking of relocating? To where? What about your girlfriend in Taipei that wants you to bit the bullet and get married? lol Aren't you going to give in?

Now when you talk about guys dating Filipinas in Taiwan because they're afraid to approach Taiwanese girls, aren't you forgetting something? What about guys who are not afraid to approach, but just get nowhere when they do? Why didn't you offer as a possibility that maybe guys there date Filipinas, because they got nowhere from approaching Taiwan girls?

Or perhaps all the Taiwan girls they know flaked. As you know, modern young Taiwanese girls are now very flaky, narcissistic, flighty and play games and give mixed messages. Even if they tell you they want to meet, they often disappear and flake and not answer your calls.

But you didn't take this into account, because the world that you portray is: Having the guts to approach Taiwan girls = Getting dates as a result

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be insinuating that if one has the guts to approach Taiwanese women, then they will get results and do fine, as if once you approach them and talk to them, they will turn around and twirl their hair with their fingers and smile and say, "I'm flattered you want to meet me. Where are you from?" But that's not how it is. So why do you act as though you assume that's what will happen if one approaches them?

I've seen groups of 2 or more girls in Taipei, and when you approach them, they either ignore you completely, or they quickly answer your question and then turn their back to you. What does that have to do with guts in approaching? Nothing obviously.

If a guy wants to meet a woman but doesn't approach, it's not out of shyness. It's because that girl's body language says, "Don't bother me. I don't want to be approached." A person's body languages tells you exactly how open they are with strangers. Body language says it all. It's a no brainer. Surely you know that right?

How come in Russia, no one has any problem approaching women there? Even if they get rejected, the female's body language is always open to approaches. Why is that?

Take a look at these photos of Taiwan girls on the subway in Taipei below. Look at their body language, vibe and facial expression. Do they look open, relaxed and approachable? Or stiff, as Ladislav describes oriental girls? As you can see in the first photo, those hot girls are very comfortable with other hot girls, but not with any males or strangers. They act like they are a "girls only" exclusive club.

Image

Image

Image

Also, here is a video of those girls above, when they were walking through the subway in their underwear, as part of some publicity stunt. Look at their body language as they walk, and their faces. Do they look open and engaging, like you can just approach and talk to them as part of the flow? Look at their faces and body language, and you will see that they are super cliquish, totally introverted, exclusive and in their own bubble - which sucks for us guys because it means they are nothing but "eye candy", all look and no touch.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qKGnHcWc1U[/youtube]
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Yeah, it sucks having a lot of beautiful Taiwanese women

Postby Winston » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:50 pm

WorldTraveler wrote:Damn, Winston you should have been a detective. How old is Shawn? He sounds like the typical GenX or Y bragger! Yeah, In Taiwan, I’m a rich banker, I f**k tall beautiful model type high class girls that all want to marry me. I don’t even have time to f**k them all. Instead, I come to AC to hang out with the lowest class girls I can find and start a tea shop. I don’t see Hugh Hefner or any movie stars or rock stars in AC, do you? Maybe your friend is a just telling you a little lie. The real reason he comes back to AC is he likes taking rides in trikes with side cars! In fact they did a survey recently in Taiwan of white men working there and asked them why they like to go to AC and 90% said to take rides in trikes with side cars! The other 10% said they come to eat at Kokomo’s! Very simple Winston, when Shawn is in Taiwan, get him to introduce you into that jet-set lifestyle of his. Then you let me know and I’ll come over and get the leftovers from you and Shawn!


LOLOLOL that was hilarious! Shawn is a year older than me, but he looks young because he's a vegetarian. He has a reserved private type of personality and does not talk too much. He only says what he needs. And if you ask him something he doesn't want to answer, he just subtlely avoids the question.

If I can find one, I'll show you a picture of him, or maybe post it here. lol

I would visit him in Taipei, but I'd have to ride the bus or train for four hours to and back, and that's a big hassle just to check out someone's life. lol

Shawn isn't the type of guy that barfines girls though. In AC, he just liked to look at the bar girls. He's the kind of guy who prefers meeting girls online, such as on Facebook, and then meeting them for a steady relationship. He's not the partying type of guy.
Last edited by Winston on Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Taco » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:53 pm

Chinese women are very attractive but more difficult to get along with. In addition, the Western/Chinese culture difference is also a problem, as Western/Chinese relationships have a much lower success rate.

I'm guessing, the guys that date filipinas are the ones that want to be in a successful long term relationship. That said, you do have to be careful about your choice of filipinas, many cannot be trusted. However, a good filipina will do anything it takes to make her man happy, thats been my experience.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4241
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Postby gits » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:01 pm

I'm a white guy in TW and I'm DONE with PI women.
Gits Ferrari's Latest Blog: Horny Guy in Taipei http://hornyguyintaipei.blogspot.tw/

Not SARS Just Sex! - The Kindle Edition! $5.99
http://www.amazon.com/SARS-Just-White-M ... s+just+sex

The Oil Sands of Alberta - The Kindle Edition! $5.99
http://www.amazon.com/The-Oil-Sands-Alb ... of+alberta
gits
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 11:23 am

Postby Rock » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:22 pm

Winston wrote:Hi Rock,
First, I don't see anything in terms of infrastructure that Makati has over Taipei. Not at all. Makati is only nice by Filipino standards, but beneath all that shiny paint are still low quality building materials that break and erode easily. When was the last time you went to Makati anyway? I don't remember ever taking you there. I did take you to Ortigas when I went to that work meeting and brought you along one time.

I think you mean the new airport in Manila. The old airport there has got to be the worst in the world, and the way it was designed was totally senseless. If you've stood outside in the waiting area, you'll know what I'm talking about. You'll never want to do it again.

You are thinking of relocating? To where? What about your girlfriend in Taipei that wants you to bit the bullet and get married? lol Aren't you going to give in?

Now when you talk about guys dating Filipinas in Taiwan because they're afraid to approach Taiwanese girls, aren't you forgetting something? What about guys who are not afraid to approach, but just get nowhere when they do? Why didn't you offer as a possibility that maybe guys there date Filipinas, because they got nowhere from approaching Taiwan girls?

Or perhaps all the Taiwan girls they know flaked. As you know, modern young Taiwanese girls are now very flaky, narcissistic, flighty and play games and give mixed messages. Even if they tell you they want to meet, they often disappear and flake and not answer your calls.

But you didn't take this into account, because the world that you portray is: Having the guts to approach Taiwan girls = Getting dates as a result

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be insinuating that if one has the guts to approach Taiwanese women, then they will get results and do fine, as if once you approach them and talk to them, they will turn around and twirl their hair with their fingers and smile and say, "I'm flattered you want to meet me. Where are you from?" But that's not how it is. So why do you act as though you assume that's what will happen if one approaches them?

I've seen groups of 2 or more girls in Taipei, and when you approach them, they either ignore you completely, or they quickly answer your question and then turn their back to you. What does that have to do with guts in approaching? Nothing obviously.

If a guy wants to meet a woman but doesn't approach, it's not out of shyness. It's because that girl's body language says, "Don't bother me. I don't want to be approached." A person's body languages tells you exactly how open they are with strangers. Body language says it all. It's a no brainer. Surely you know that right?

How come in Russia, no one has any problem approaching women there? Even if they get rejected, the female's body language is always open to approaches. Why is that?

Take a look at these photos of Taiwan girls on the subway in Taipei below. Look at their body language, vibe and facial expression. Do they look open, relaxed and approachable? Or stiff, as Ladislav describes oriental girls? As you can see in the first photo, those hot girls are very comfortable with other hot girls, but not with any males or strangers. They act like they are a "girls only" exclusive club.



Also, here is a video of those girls above, when they were walking through the subway in their underwear, as part of some publicity stunt. Look at their body language as they walk, and their faces. Do they look open and engaging, like you can just approach and talk to them as part of the flow? Look at their faces and body language, and you will see that they are super cliquish, totally introverted, exclusive and in their own bubble - which sucks for us guys because it means they are nothing but "eye candy", all look and no touch.



1. When comparing Taipei to Manila or other Asian capitals, I'm not talking about building quality. I'm talking about big picture aesthetics, the first feeling I get when looking from afar. Manila actually looks pretty impressive from some angles. Just check out some of Ladislav's posted photos. On the other hand, northern Taiwan is very drab this time of year - colorless old and ugly buildings everywhere with dirty windows and balconies covered with rusty bars in a cloudy, rainy, and cold environment. Weather and basic aesthetics have a huge impact on my emotional state. Fort Myers makes me feel good cause its sunny and warm with modern, bright, and visually pleasing architecture everywhere. Taipei is great when you are inside the classy departments stores, clubs, or other high end venues or outside in good weather in places like Hsinyi, Ximending, etc. But northern Taiwan is generally ugly and depressing, especially during the predominantly cloudy and cold weather periods.

2. I just got back after 4 months away. I think we're growing apart and becoming more like friends.

3. The western guys I saw hang-out where the Filipinas go on Sundays (Datong area) didn't do that well. Most of the girls I saw were rough looking (much worse than what you generally see in Manila or Cebu). Many had kids back at home. And the marginally cute ones were usually with Filipino guys or just not open to these desperate white guys. When I asked them why they didn't go for Taiwanese girls, they would refer to the language or cultural gap, say Taiwan girls were difficult to meet, or even say they were not attracted to them. One of my friends who spends 5-6 months a year in Taiwan told me he just thinks Taiwan girls are silly and cannot relate to their "Hello Kitty" nonsense. Personally, I've only approached Filipinas a handful of times since I've been in Taiwan. But for me, they've been harder to pull here than Taiwan girls. I even recall getting rejected by one when I visited Chunan with you last year.

4. I'm really getting tired of having these circular discussions with you about approachability vs. score-ability when it comes to Taiwan girls. Winston, you have a 120 IQ right??? So why can't you make a distinction between these two concepts and remember it for more than a day or two? For an average late 20s to 30 something white Joe American, I believe Russian girls are easier to successfully approach while Taiwan girls are easier to ultimately score (where score = spark romantic attraction and date intimately; successfully approach = not get rejected for some superficial conversation or friendliness). I asked you before to burn it in your brain but you still forget. Taiwan girls may appear difficult to approach and many will brush you off. But, enough won't to make it very worthwhile to approach them in public, at least for many regular white foreigners.

5. What kind of photos are those. I wish I could see that when I rode the subway, lol. Those are hardly typical.

6. I tried a couple cold approaches at Ayala Mall in Cebu. Got rejected both times. One was ruder than almost any rejection I've ever encountered in Taipei.

7. Just because you get rejected and ignored by girls in Taipei doesn't mean everyone else does. Don't project your own experiences onto others. There are some ABCs who are quite good at meeting and picking-up random girls in Taipei.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: Why are white expats in Taiwan going to the Philippines?

Postby AmericanInMexico » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:11 pm

Winston wrote:
What do you all make of that? How do you explain it? Why would a white guy who has high quality, white skinned, refined, professional, intelligent Taiwanese women available to him want to even both with the Philippines, Angeles City or Filipinas?


Don't you EVER again use the words "white-skinned" and "Taiwanese" in the same sentence.
AmericanInMexico
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:38 am

Postby Winston » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:59 am

billy wrote:lol WTF. public stunt?

I think very few people will tell you the truth. I myself have problems even
telling the truth myself. It´s no secret why guys go to the Philis.

The richer the countries the more expensive the pussies. That is the same
rat race as in the west.That´s nothing new. It´s a no brainer.

I can fully understand why people don´t want to tell the truth. Specially
when you are a sex tourist. Your image will be gone at home and worldwide.
"Friends" who know your for years will unfriend you. Woman in the west who
hear you going to Philis will diss you like crazy.

So, Sherlock(Winston), what is your conclusion?


Then how come I have no problem telling the truth? lol Why do people attack you for telling the truth? Doesn't anyone love truth anymore? lol

I don't have any conclusions, because I can't read the minds of other people. But I do know for a fact that Taiwanese girls are generally NOT open to strangers, as you can see in the photos and video above. And I do know that actions speak louder than words.

Since Shawn is not a bar hopping type, he probably went to AC to meet some girl he met online, like he did there last time. He's not a barfine girls type of guy, but a serious steady relationship type of guy. He is very reserved. But he says that getting dates in Taiwan is easy and that he can meet girls off of Facebook there. But if so, then why does he go to the Philippines and deal with all that low class and low quality there? It doesn't make sense.

Did any of you look at the photos and video above? What vibes did you get from them? As you can see, even Taiwanese girls involved in a publicity stunt look super cliquish and cold. Now, if girls doing a publicity stunt are like that, imagine what normal girls there who are not involved in a publicity stunt are like! Damn. LOL

Such girls have a mentality and attitude that says: "Us girls are cool and beautiful. We like to hang out together. But boys? Eeeewww gross!" LOL. So much for being a "happier abroad" destination.

Shawn works for a law firm, which should give him professional status in Taiwan. So why would he be going to the Philippines? Doesn't that say a lot? Even he admitted to me that Taiwanese women are flaky and give mixed messages to either test you or get rid of you. If working for a law firm doesn't change that, then what will? This is getting into unreasonable standards.

Rock, sure I know some guys do better than me in Taiwan, but I'm talking about IN GENERAL, the girls here are not open or engaging or relaxed with strangers. Not about me personally, but IN GENERAL.

I mean, I could take your logic and say that not all guys have trouble meeting hot girls at the beach boardwalk in Los Angeles. But that doesn't change the fact that IN GENERAL the hot girls there are just eye candy and not approachable to strangers, as we all know. An ordinary guy can't just walk into an LA beach boardwalk and pick up chicks, like they show on TV. I'm sure Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt find LA girls to be approachable, but that doesn't do anything for US here. It doesn't apply to us ordinary non-celebrity nice guys. See what I mean?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:04 am

gits wrote:I'm a white guy in TW and I'm DONE with PI women.


You haven't even been to the PI yet. So how can you be done if you haven't even started? lol
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Rock » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:18 am

Winston wrote:
Rock, sure I know some guys do better than me in Taiwan, but I'm talking about IN GENERAL, the girls here are not open or engaging or relaxed with strangers. Not about me personally, but IN GENERAL.

I mean, I could take your logic and say that not all guys have trouble meeting hot girls at the beach boardwalk in Los Angeles. But that doesn't change the fact that IN GENERAL the hot girls there are just eye candy and not approachable to strangers, as we all know. An ordinary guy can't just walk into an LA beach boardwalk and pick up chicks, like they show on TV. I'm sure Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt find LA girls to be approachable, but that doesn't do anything for US here. It doesn't apply to us ordinary non-celebrity nice guys. See what I mean?


Winston, your personal experience in Taipei is very limited. You've probably not approached more than a few girls here in your whole life. I've probably spent more time in Bangkok than you have in Taipei. And most of your time here was spent as a 17 year old kid.

As for my personal circle of western friends from past and present, I can say that well over half of them have done decently or better here with the local girls. And most are not Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt look-alikes. Just regular dudes who for the most part can't get shit in the US or in some cases even Europe. I've told you all this before and its there to read in past threads. Have you forgotten? So your "IN GENERAL" assumption is way out of line with the various cases I've posted in the past. Perhaps your own circle of friends and contacts is very different from my own. Just keep in mind, mine were observed by me first hand - as good friends, colleagues, room mates, or friends of my female friends.

I have more to say on the main thread I created on this topic. I was in PM contact with a western guy a few months ago and advised him. He came to Taiwan, spent some time here, and reported pretty decent results to me just 3 weeks ago in a new PM. Another poster who is already in his 40s did OK too and posted on that thread of mine.

As for the girls in those photos, dressing like that will make them feel very awkward. I can tell you that my gf (or perhaps ex gf) would have the same expression on her face if she was part of such a stunt. In fact, she generally looks very unapproachable when she goes out alone in public. She was like that the first time I approached her a few years ago too. But her cold expression and body language didn't stop me from trying. Once I started talking to her, she warmed up real fast. After some phone work, I was dating her steady. Its been like that with many of the other girls I've dated here too. Taiwan girls are like a box of chocolate. You never know what you're gonna get, lol.
Last edited by Rock on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Rock » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:19 am

Winston wrote:
gits wrote:I'm a white guy in TW and I'm DONE with PI women.


You haven't even been to the PI yet. So how can you be done if you haven't even started? lol


If I remember correctly, Gits has been to PI. Otherwise, he's at least dated some Filipinas.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Next

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest