Strong, Independent (and Lonely) Chinese Women

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
DCX_10
Freshman Poster

Re: Strong, Independent (and Lonely) Chinese Women

Post by DCX_10 »

Yes "Sheng Nv" or "剩女“, I like them and there are many very attractive Chinese women near/over 30. But I tend to stay away from them (at least in the past)。 They are generally serious about marriage and I don't want to play with their dreams/hopes. 18-23 are different; they can afford to experiment. So I hope to provide a good experience for them (and they to me).

One word of advice, those who speak very good English are likely one of those described in the article.

Rocky Top wrote:http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2 ... _ladies?pa ge=full

Seems the strong independent, feminist Western woman mentality has slowly going to infect China pretty soon. This is amazing, when you consider that these women have one of the best dating advantages in the world, yet they still seem to be having trouble getting married.
It just so happens that with China's economic boom, more and more women are now sharing the dilemma of the emperors' daughters. In 1982, just 5 percent of urban Chinese women ages 25 to 29 were unmarried, according to Wang. By 1995, that percentage had doubled. By 2008, it had nearly tripled. Most of these women will eventually marry, yet the percentage of women in their 30s who are single, though relatively small, is also multiplying quickly: In 1995, just 2 percent of urban Chinese women ages 30 to 34 were unmarried. By 2008, 6 percent were.

Tellingly, the least likely to marry are the most educated. In 2005 fully 7 percent of 45-year-old Shanghai women with college degrees had never married, according to Wang's research. "That's a harbinger of what's going to happen in other places [in China] for more educated women," he told me. "It's a sharp departure from before, from near-universal female marriage." Indeed, there's a common joke that there are three genders in China: men, women, and women with Ph.D.s. Men marry women, and women with Ph.D.s don't marry.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Magic
Freshman Poster

Re: Strong, Independent (and Lonely) Chinese Women

Post by Magic »

Rocky Top wrote: This is amazing, when you consider that these women have one of the best dating advantages in the world, yet they still seem to be having trouble getting married.
They don't have "trouble getting married". These women could get married any time they want, they are just very picky or not interested in marriage.

You have to understand that Chinese women are very hypergamous, much more so than western women. Women who are higher than middle class would only consider getting married to a man who is very wealthy. The problem for them is very wealthy men are more interested in getting married to a younger woman.

So the reality of the situation is these older successful women have many options, but the only options they would consider are only interested in younger women. They're not lonely and desperate or anything like that.