Are Philippine men really that bad?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

ladislav wrote:In 22 years of going to/living in the Philippines, not even one Filipino ever helped me with anything. Except as a paid service.
It's been the opposite for me. In the west, filipinos have been mighty helpful to me. Many have offered me free stuff, kindness, potential wives and shelter. If I wanted, I could've survived the harsh east coast climate with their help until I got back on my feet. However, I wasn't very receptive to them and simply retreated from there. I suppose the good things only come when they're barely on your mind. :lol:

When it comes to debts not being paid or favors not returned, I have that problem with blacks more than anyone. Blacks can be rich, but they won't pay someone back, even family! They taught me that if you help someone out, you do so at your own risk, regardless of what the other person says. And you would only have yourself to blame in the big picture, as you were the enabler.

But even in the face of a legally binding contract though, black people are the stingiest, most frugal race of rat bastards I've ever seen, second only to a certain chosen race(and this is coming from an African!) So I don't trust anyone, nor help other people unless they help ME first.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

I really can't say whether Filipinos are "bad". I've often enjoyed their company.

What you can say is that many Filipinas report that their former Filipino BFs cheated on them. Is it true? I am guessing that it is based on having heard the same story again and again. What would shock me is that often the girl in question was really attractive and it was hard to believe her BF would think he could no better, but many do.

As others have said there are so many young and available girls in PI that it is easy to imagine how guys develop the dog or player mindset.

Girls in PI badly wish to get married and therefore for them faithfulness is a really important quality. For most men the world over, if you aren't married, then alls fair.

As to why this makes some Filipinas gravitate toward foreigners, I would say that the reputation is that foreigners are more faithful. I don't know if this is in any way true - but that's the stereotype that some Filipinas believe.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

Speaking of Mexico (and I'll throw in the rest of Latin America as well), do you see Latin American men suffering similar reputation, i.e., womanizing, infidelity, etc.? Do Latin American women feel the same way about their men as Filipinas feel about their men and therefore seek out gringos as more suitable husbands?

Why are some of you guys shaming Filipino men as pigs? I find this to be disrespectful and arrogant.
OK, so yes, while it's true that many Filipino guys here are babaeros (womanizers), plenty more are really good family men too. Many American men can be far worse jerks than Filipino men.

I really enjoy all the friendship, joking, and camaraderie that I have with local Filipino guys, just as I did with local guys in Mexico. Many of my best experiences here are shared with Filipino men, not just Filipina women. The guys like to go out exploring with me and talk about "guy stuff," while the ladies tend to want to stay closer to home.

Here's a young motorcycle driver in rural Visayas that I really bonded with. Super awesome dude with a wacky sense of humor. :D He spoke very little English, so we talked mostly in Tagalog. At the end of a day we stopped by a store where there were lots of cute girls in their 20's. They were giggling and smiling at me. My driver then asked me, "Magaganda ba sila?" (Aren't they pretty?)

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

C.J. wrote: But even in the face of a legally binding contract though, black people are the stingiest, most frugal race of rat bastards I've ever seen, second only to a certain chosen race(and this is coming from an African!) So I don't trust anyone, nor help other people unless they help ME first.
In my experience (in the US), the most stingy & nit-picky people that I've had to deal with are from India. But at least they're polite about it.

French Canadians and British, on the other hand, can be a royal pain to deal with.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Halwick wrote:Speaking of Mexico (and I'll throw in the rest of Latin America as well), do you see Latin American men suffering similar reputation, i.e., womanizing, infidelity, etc.? Do Latin American women feel the same way about their men as Filipinas feel about their men and therefore seek out gringos as more suitable husbands?
Some Colombian women might. Hence the presence of many wannabe mail-order brides.

But a significant proportion of Mexican women, especially many of the mestizas, tend to shun the white gringos.