Sexual Harassment In The Philippines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Sexual Harassment In The Philippines

Post by Taco »

The Philippines is the only country I've lived in where I've been openly sexually harassed by women(mostly teens and early twenties). A few days ago I went down to the market to buy some fruit, "Hi, I'd like 1 Kilo of mangoes please" the girl( about 17 yrs old) working at the stand then handed my fruit to me and replied, "Is there anything else you want? and burst out laughing with her friend. This happens to me at least once a week but I catch women starring at me everyday and sometimes I don't even notice. That said, I'm guessing sexual harassment by women here is a very under reported crime.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

But there is a sexual harassment law there and it applies to mainly pawing women. Some guys get drunk and start hitting on waitresses and feeling them up. They can call cops on you and have you locked up. It is rare but it happens.
This does not include bar girls, though.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

I wish I was sexually harassed by women...
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Option (1): Move to Phil's
Option (2): Decide that Taco sucks as a person, get indignant, and be jealous...
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Jester wrote:Option (1): Move to Phil's
Option (2): Decide that Taco sucks as a person, get indignant, and be jealous...
Gotta wait till I graduate...
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Sexual Harassment In The Philippines

Post by OutWest »

Taco wrote:The Philippines is the only country I've lived in where I've been openly sexually harassed by women(mostly teens and early twenties). A few days ago I went down to the market to buy some fruit, "Hi, I'd like 1 Kilo of mangoes please" the girl( about 17 yrs old) working at the stand then handed my fruit to me and replied, "Is there anything else you want? and burst out laughing with her friend. This happens to me at least once a week but I catch women starring at me everyday and sometimes I don't even notice. That said, I'm guessing sexual harassment by women here is a very under reported crime.
I am past 50 and yet several times a week a girl makes some kind of pass. I do not call it harassment- that is just silly.
A few weeks back in Gaisano Mall in CDO a young clerk confided..."I want a white baby...what do you think?"

Outwest
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Guys, this happens in Latin America too. I have experienced these very open, fearless kinds of "sexual harassment" in Mexico. And Dragon, you don't need to graduate to start experiencing all this. School breaks are enough.

Something's up with these former Spanish colonies. There's a lot of sexual openness under a veneer of conservative Catholicism. :wink:
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

OutWest wrote:
Taco wrote:The Philippines is the only country I've lived in where I've been openly sexually harassed by women(mostly teens and early twenties). A few days ago I went down to the market to buy some fruit, "Hi, I'd like 1 Kilo of mangoes please" the girl( about 17 yrs old) working at the stand then handed my fruit to me and replied, "Is there anything else you want? and burst out laughing with her friend. This happens to me at least once a week but I catch women starring at me everyday and sometimes I don't even notice. That said, I'm guessing sexual harassment by women here is a very under reported crime.
I am past 50 and yet several times a week a girl makes some kind of pass. I do not call it harassment- that is just silly.
A few weeks back in Gaisano Mall in CDO a young clerk confided..."I want a white baby...what do you think?"

Outwest

Before feminists and other Cultural Marxists warped the English language, that was called flirting. It's something to be enjoyed, not given a negative name like "harassment."
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

I think the OP 'complaint' was quite tongue in cheek. I would never get tired of being 'harassed'.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

OutWest wrote:

Outwest
Well, you bring up a good point. A lot of women here are open to the idea of sperm donors and they don't seem to care if your married either.
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Falcon wrote:Guys, this happens in Latin America too. I have experienced these very open, fearless kinds of "sexual harassment" in Mexico. And Dragon, you don't need to graduate to start experiencing all this. School breaks are enough.

Something's up with these former Spanish colonies. There's a lot of sexual openness under a veneer of conservative Catholicism. :wink:
Why do you always change the subject to SA? We all know about SA and all the problems foreigners have there e.g. corrupt cops, extortion rackets...
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Taco wrote:
OutWest wrote:

Outwest
Well, you bring up a good point. A lot of women here are open to the idea of sperm donors and they don't seem to care if your married either.
:D
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

polya wrote:Why do you always change the subject to SA? We all know about SA and all the problems foreigners have there e.g. corrupt cops, extortion rackets...
Not South America, but Mexico. Corruption and extortion are pretty much the same in Latin America as in Southeast Asia.

I have had the most experience traveling in Mexico, so I'm always dropping in my 2 cents on what it's like in Mexico.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Falcon wrote:
polya wrote:Why do you always change the subject to SA? We all know about SA and all the problems foreigners have there e.g. corrupt cops, extortion rackets...
Not South America, but Mexico. Corruption and extortion are pretty much the same in Latin America as in Southeast Asia.

I have had the most experience traveling in Mexico, so I'm always dropping in my 2 cents on what it's like in Mexico.
2 pesos.
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

:)
Last edited by Ginger on July 3rd, 2013, 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P