Burmese Women

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Burmese Women

Post by Voice of Reason »

I spent one month in Burma, and I was surprised at how down to earth and kind many of the women were. Of all the places I have been too (which is admittedly not that many, yet) Burmese women are pretty close to my favorite.

Women smiled at me all the time, and they were easily approachable. I did not detect any attitude or man hate from them whatsoever.

But having said all this, things still aren't easy

- The government is very oppressive and totalitarian (more so than the United States)
- I was not sure whether they were flirtatious, friendly or just laughing at me
- I would NEVER want to live in Burma

Regardless, there is still a large Burmese population in Bangkok. I have met a few Burmese women working at restaurants on Khoa San Rd, and they are very easy to approach and talk too.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Burmese Women

Post by zboy1 »

Voice of Reason wrote:I spent one month in Burma, and I was surprised at how down to earth and kind many of the women were. Of all the places I have been too (which is admittedly not that many, yet) Burmese women are pretty close to my favorite.

Women smiled at me all the time, and they were easily approachable. I did not detect any attitude or man hate from them whatsoever.

But having said all this, things still aren't easy

- The government is very oppressive and totalitarian (more so than the United States)
- I was not sure whether they were flirtatious, friendly or just laughing at me
- I would NEVER want to live in Burma

Regardless, there is still a large Burmese population in Bangkok. I have met a few Burmese women working at restaurants on Khoa San Rd, and they are very easy to approach and talk too.
Burma will stay that way until it becomes Westernized and totally ruined by foreigners. I give it 20 to 30 years before that happens. If I had the money, I would invest in the country and start a business right now before things change...
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

It has already started to become ruined by foreigners! For example...Based on my experiences...I believe it could be much sooner than 20-30 years!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

This thread is another classic example. Again...this is why one should "carry a big stick and walk in silence". Loose lips sink ships. Nobody is going to give you a cookie for revealing "wow I made it to such-and-such. Please give me attention because I'm an attention-whore!

Andreww and Contrarian Expatriate understand what it means not to reveal these countries and to be selfish so that if anybody else comes upon the "secret", then they too would appreciate why it stays a secret and why life at the "secret" place is LITERALLY THE INVERSE of the U.S. of GAY!!!!

Be patriarchal and not a mangina of matriarchy on two pogo-peg legs with ventriloquist strings hooked into you like Pin Head from the Cenobites!

Stupid prudish world we live in.

When money matters over good wife and family, mankind is manunfriendly.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I dated one Burmese girl in BKK who was a waitress there. White skin, similar to a Japanese girl but with straight legs and teeth and smooth swan-like gait. But how about marrying those girls/ cohabiting with them and getting visas there?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

E_Irizarry wrote:This thread is another classic example. Again...this is why one should "carry a big stick and walk in silence". Loose lips sink ships. Nobody is going to give you a cookie for revealing "wow I made it to such-and-such. Please give me attention because I'm an attention-whore!

Andreww and Contrarian Expatriate understand what it means not to reveal these countries and to be selfish so that if anybody else comes upon the "secret", then they too would appreciate why it stays a secret and why life at the "secret" place is LITERALLY THE INVERSE of the U.S. of GAY!!!!
We should start a "happier-a-fraud" site lol.

"Hey guys did you know that the Republic of Congo has beautiful women and it's totally safe and accepting of Westerners? No civil war or epidemics of rape or anything. Remember to bring lots of money and wear expensive clothing out in public!"
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

E_Irizarry wrote:This thread is another classic example. Again...this is why one should "carry a big stick and walk in silence". Loose lips sink ships. Nobody is going to give you a cookie for revealing "wow I made it to such-and-such. Please give me attention because I'm an attention-whore!

Be patriarchal and not a mangina of matriarchy on two pogo-peg legs with ventriloquist strings hooked into you like Pin Head from the Cenobites!

+1, but I don't think the mostly "couch potatoes" on here will ever go to Burma or anywhere else, so the secret is kind-of safe.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

We can't even get Winston to go to China, so we don't have much hope of getting him to visit somewhere that's more than an hour's plane ride away.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Mandalay

By Rudyard Kipling

By the old Moulmein Pagoda, lookin' eastward to the sea,
There's a Burma girl a-settin', and I know she thinks o' me;
For the wind is in the palm-trees, and the temple-bells they say:
"Come you back, you British soldier; come you back to Mandalay!"
Come you back to Mandalay,
Where the old Flotilla lay:
Can't you 'ear their paddles chunkin' from Rangoon to Mandalay?
On the road to Mandalay,
Where the flyin'-fishes play,
An' the dawn comes up like thunder outer China 'crost the Bay!

'Er petticoat was yaller an' 'er little cap was green,
An' 'er name was Supi-yaw-lat -- jes' the same as Theebaw's Queen,
An' I seed her first a-smokin' of a whackin' white cheroot,
An' a-wastin' Christian kisses on an 'eathen idol's foot:
Bloomin' idol made o'mud --
Wot they called the Great Gawd Budd --
Plucky lot she cared for idols when I kissed 'er where she stud!
On the road to Mandalay . . .

When the mist was on the rice-fields an' the sun was droppin' slow,
She'd git 'er little banjo an' she'd sing "Kulla-lo-lo!"
With 'er arm upon my shoulder an' 'er cheek agin' my cheek
We useter watch the steamers an' the hathis pilin' teak.
Elephints a-pilin' teak
In the sludgy, squdgy creek,
Where the silence 'ung that 'eavy you was 'arf afraid to speak!

But that's all shove be'ind me -- long ago an' fur away,
An' there ain't no 'busses runnin' from the Bank to Mandalay;
An' I'm learnin' 'ere in London what the ten-year soldier tells:
"If you've 'eard the East a-callin', you won't never 'eed naught else."
No! you won't 'eed nothin' else
But them spicy garlic smells,
An' the sunshine an' the palm-trees an' the tinkly temple-bells;

I am sick o' wastin' leather on these gritty pavin'-stones,
An' the blasted Henglish drizzle wakes the fever in my bones;
Tho' I walks with fifty 'ousemaids outer Chelsea to the Strand,
An' they talks a lot o' lovin', but wot do they understand?
Beefy face an' grubby 'and --
Law! wot do they understand?
I've a neater, sweeter maiden in a cleaner, greener land!

Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
Where there aren't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst;
For the temple-bells are callin', an' it's there that I would be --
By the old Moulmein Pagoda, looking lazy at the sea;
On the road to Mandalay,
Where the old Flotilla lay,
With our sick beneath the awnings when we went to Mandalay!
On the road to Mandalay,
Where the flyin'-fishes play,
An' the dawn comes up like thunder outer China 'crost the Bay!

DayPoems Poem No. 1800
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

"Burma" covers a wide range of areas. There are more SPECIFIC areas I've discovered (and websites as well) that are good for meeting women, in which there is no way I'd reveal to you guys :D

I have given away nothing substantial that could ruin anything.

And like another poster said, it's not like people will bother anyway...I am just starting a discussion.

And besides the logistics of it all are too difficult anyway, you can only get a VISA for one month...and it's not the type of country you would want to be going back to visit regularly (for now, anyway).
Last edited by Voice of Reason on November 19th, 2012, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

ladislav wrote:But how about marrying those girls/ cohabiting with them and getting visas there?
I think it would all be hard. They are reluctant to go with foreigners, because of the totalitarian government...permission needs to be granted to house a foreigners, and they keep track of where you sleep each night. VISA's would probably be difficult as well. Also, you most probably would NOT want to live there...it is not the cleanest of countries in Asia.
ladislav wrote:I dated one Burmese girl in BKK who was a waitress there. White skin, similar to a Japanese girl but with straight legs and teeth and smooth swan-like gait.
Lucky you! I met a Burmese waitress that I wanted to try to date, but I was with my Thai girlfriend at the time!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

So, in other words, unless one is there for a short trip to experience things, it is just not worth the hassle because of the visa, residence and political restrictions of being a foreigner there. Unless one is really interested in the country and will accept the inconveniences because of his love of the same.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

ladislav wrote:So, in other words, unless one is there for a short trip to experience things, it is just not worth the hassle because of the visa, residence and political restrictions of being a foreigner there. Unless one is really interested in the country and will accept the inconveniences because of his love of the same.
Yep! Pretty much.
88jose88
Freshman Poster

Post by 88jose88 »

sounds worth the hassle for me personally.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I rented a house in the US years back, and lo and behold, across the street were Burmese neighbors who had gotten asylum, but had spent years in Malaysia waiting asylum, and my wife and I could communicate with them in Malayu. It was odd to end up across the street from folks who could understand Indonesian living in the US, especially the part we were in.

If I remember correctly, they may have been Karen, that people group who believed that the most high God Yawa had created man and woman, put them in a garden, they sinned, and were waiting for God to provide a solution. One of their prophets taught them it would come through a white man with a black book. There was massive conversion of this people-group. I'm not sure if these people were Karen. The wife was middle aged and not someone I would consider particularly pretty. The wife didn't have neck rings. There are some Christians in Burma, if anyone is interested in looking for a Christianwife, probably a lot more among this people-group.