Some recent Chinese military systems

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Some recent Chinese military systems

Post by momopi »

Since I'm from TW, keeping an eye on China's military advancements is one of my hobbies. You can read that statement however you like. Anyways, here's some photos of recent military systems:

歼-20 (J-20)

歼-31 (J-31)

歼-10B (J-10B)

052D Destroyer (under construction)

J-15 prototype (Su-33 cousin)

Liaoning CV (ex-Varyag)

Z-10

Z-19

If these images do not interest you and you'd rather see pictures of hot legs:

http://beautyleg.com/

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Is it normal for the wheels to still be down when flying on first photo? Or it it landing?

How new is the ship with the red cabin?
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Nice looking kit, but given that the USA can now give Israel and Turkey kit to shoot down ICBM's, it won't last long if a major war breaks out.

I don't want to get involved in the whole Taiwan thing (we don't want this forum b& in China), but I talked to one of the Chinese ladies I met and she told me bluntly that Taiwan belonged to China.

The problem is that if the elite start sabre rattling, then they'll have 1.3 billion people who believe beyond question that Taiwan is theirs, and it's gonna be worth dying for...
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

xiongmao wrote:Nice looking kit, but given that the USA can now give Israel and Turkey kit to shoot down ICBM's, it won't last long if a major war breaks out.

I don't want to get involved in the whole Taiwan thing (we don't want this forum b& in China), but I talked to one of the Chinese ladies I met and she told me bluntly that Taiwan belonged to China.

The problem is that if the elite start sabre rattling, then they'll have 1.3 billion people who believe beyond question that Taiwan is theirs, and it's gonna be worth dying for...
If they're clever enough, they can re-unite without firing a shot. :wink:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why is military hardware one of your hobbies? Do you like war and destruction? What if China uses those against Taiwan? Would they still be a hobby to you then?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

drealm wrote:Is it normal for the wheels to still be down when flying on first photo? Or it it landing?
The first photo is likely photo-shopped (cropped in). The photos are mostly taken by amateurs who line up against SAC's test facility fence with their cameras, and the best pictures are the ones taken when the plane is either on land or at low altitudes (taking off or landing) with wheels extended. Here's a pic of J-20 with wheels up:

Both J-20 and J-31 are in testing stages and mass production are not expected until few years later.

As for the DDG with square VLS, that's the new Type 052D under construction. The earlier 052C is very similar except it uses a round hatch VLS, similar to the S-300. Currently there are 3 x 052C's in service + 3 x 052C's under construction, and 4 x 052D's under construction. The "red cabin" is an anti-corrosion layer, the top layer will be navy grey. These are China's new AAW destroyers, comparable to European AAW destroyers of today but smaller than the USN Arleigh Burke class DDG and likely inferior in multi-role capability (USN has better ASW).

052C:

052D:

And here's the earlier Type 051C DDG , now obsolete in favor of 052C/D:

Here's 054A frigate, currently under serial production (20 ships):

Lesser impressive but very useful as OPV, the 056 Corvette, currently under serial production (12+ ships, will prolly be mass produced later):

xiongmao wrote:Nice looking kit, but given that the USA can now give Israel and Turkey kit to shoot down ICBM's, it won't last long if a major war breaks out.
There is little doubt to US military superior today, however we're talking about TW, and the PLA Second Artillery has over 1,600 ballistic missiles pointed at TW. Actually, ballistic missiles is yesterday's weapon, following America's trend, the PLA has invested heavily in its low-flying, precision strike cruise missile capability.

YJ-62

DH-10:

The DH-10 is reported to have CEP of ~10m and max range of >4,000 km, though these can only be considered estimates. In July of this year, the DH-10 was spotted on Chinese Navy test ship for trial. ABM systems would be relatively useless against LACM's flying low and using TERCOM guidance & digital scene-matching terminal-homing system.

Teal Lantern wrote: If they're clever enough, they can re-unite without firing a shot. :wink:
If the PRC can be placated with TW's finlandization toward the PRC, then perhaps TW/ROC can continue to survive as a small shrimp. But I wouldn't bet my farm on it. If the cross-strait situation gets much worse, I'm prepared to move my younger cousins and their families over from TW -- this is another reason why I invest in RE here in CA. If peace prevails and the Mainland Chinese simply goes to TW to buy up the real estate, then I guess I'd make a profit from my family home in TPE.

Winston wrote:Why is military hardware one of your hobbies? Do you like war and destruction? What if China uses those against Taiwan? Would they still be a hobby to you then?
You've already asked this question by e-mail on Nov 29th, which I replied on Nov 30th.
keepingitreal
Freshman Poster

Post by keepingitreal »

If you studied Chinese history and have certain amount of understanding of Chinese culture, you'll know that neither China nor Taiwan will be a super power unless they change their ways. Chinese are good at making money, but they don't bring happiness. We need more than just airplanes or a building, we need a mentality reforms. I've mentioned it before, China and Taiwan unified under a direct democracy as well as a total education reforms and a housing reform, which will create a populations that's more capable of thinking on their own and stop our self-destructive behaviors. That way, we won't be relying on Western capitalism as much.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

keepingitreal wrote:If you studied Chinese history and have certain amount of understanding of Chinese culture, you'll know that neither China nor Taiwan will be a super power unless they change their ways. Chinese are good at making money, but they don't bring happiness. We need more than just airplanes or a building, we need a mentality reforms. I've mentioned it before, China and Taiwan unified under a direct democracy as well as a total education reforms and a housing reform, which will create a populations that's more capable of thinking on their own and stop our self-destructive behaviors. That way, we won't be relying on Western capitalism as much.

"When Pei Zhuzhang became aware of the problems which exist within Chinese culture, he wondered whether there might be some basic defect in the moral fibre of the Chinese people. Before I made my first trip abroad, Sun Guanhan said to me, "When you come back, there's one thing I absolutely forbid you to say: 'Chinese people are the same everywhere!' " I readily gave him my promise. But when I returned and he asked me about my trip, I said, "You told me not to say it, but. …Chinese people are the same everywhere!" He hoped that Chinese people would be able to change and grow over the course of time and couldn't imagine this not happening. Are there intrinsic flaws in the basic nature of the Chinese people? When God created us, did he actually intend to make us so ugly? My answer is that the question is not one of moral fibre. This is not meant as self-consolation; the Chinese are indeed one of the most intelligent nationalities in the world. In American universities, Chinese students always rank in the top of their classes, and we have produced many noted scientists as well: Sun Guanhan, one of the fathers of nuclear physics, as well as Nobel Prize winners Yang Zhenning and Li Zhengdao. There are no intrinsic flaws in the moral fibre of the Chinese people, and there is no doubt in my mind that we are capable of making China a healthy and happy place to live in. I also have good reason to believe that China will someday become a great country . But we mustn't spend all of our time and effort making China a major military power. What is more important is to bring happiness into the people's lives. Only after this is achieved can power be sought. I believe that the Chinese people possess noble qualities. But why is it that during the last several centuries, we have so rarely succeeded in freeing ourselves from suffering?"

p.s. it's not realistic to think that TW can be a superpower, nor does the PRC seek to become a global superpower. The PRC leadership's goals are more regional than global. See new PRC passport map for reference.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

drealm wrote:Is it normal for the wheels to still be down when flying on first photo? Or it it landing?

During low altitude test flights new aircraft are sometimes flown with the landing gear down.
keepingitreal
Freshman Poster

Post by keepingitreal »

momopi wrote:
keepingitreal wrote:If you studied Chinese history and have certain amount of understanding of Chinese culture, you'll know that neither China nor Taiwan will be a super power unless they change their ways. Chinese are good at making money, but they don't bring happiness. We need more than just airplanes or a building, we need a mentality reforms. I've mentioned it before, China and Taiwan unified under a direct democracy as well as a total education reforms and a housing reform, which will create a populations that's more capable of thinking on their own and stop our self-destructive behaviors. That way, we won't be relying on Western capitalism as much.

"When Pei Zhuzhang became aware of the problems which exist within Chinese culture, he wondered whether there might be some basic defect in the moral fibre of the Chinese people. Before I made my first trip abroad, Sun Guanhan said to me, "When you come back, there's one thing I absolutely forbid you to say: 'Chinese people are the same everywhere!' " I readily gave him my promise. But when I returned and he asked me about my trip, I said, "You told me not to say it, but. …Chinese people are the same everywhere!" He hoped that Chinese people would be able to change and grow over the course of time and couldn't imagine this not happening. Are there intrinsic flaws in the basic nature of the Chinese people? When God created us, did he actually intend to make us so ugly? My answer is that the question is not one of moral fibre. This is not meant as self-consolation; the Chinese are indeed one of the most intelligent nationalities in the world. In American universities, Chinese students always rank in the top of their classes, and we have produced many noted scientists as well: Sun Guanhan, one of the fathers of nuclear physics, as well as Nobel Prize winners Yang Zhenning and Li Zhengdao. There are no intrinsic flaws in the moral fibre of the Chinese people, and there is no doubt in my mind that we are capable of making China a healthy and happy place to live in. I also have good reason to believe that China will someday become a great country . But we mustn't spend all of our time and effort making China a major military power. What is more important is to bring happiness into the people's lives. Only after this is achieved can power be sought. I believe that the Chinese people possess noble qualities. But why is it that during the last several centuries, we have so rarely succeeded in freeing ourselves from suffering?"

p.s. it's not realistic to think that TW can be a superpower, nor does the PRC seek to become a global superpower. The PRC leadership's goals are more regional than global. See new PRC passport map for reference.
In order to bring happiness into people's lives, the mentality need to be reformed and we need to think like an individual. Chinese way may help when it was just only East Asia and occasionally Central Asia we gotta deal with. Now it's a total different world. With our ways of dealing with others, we will have serious problems. Strong military surely is important when it comes to war, but it doesn't meant much when the people are unwilling to fight and oppressed by fear. Don't be scared of an armed man. He shall not be afraid of unless he's absolutely 100% positive about wanting you dead.

At least PRC is somewhat smart about their shit though. They do realized that they cannot be a global super power. However, even as a regional power, they gotta remember that it's a global world. There will be the US, UK...etc, involving if things getting out of control. Not to mention that with how everyone are unhappy, there will never be a real power of any sort.
He hoped that Chinese people would be able to change and grow over the course of time and couldn't imagine this not happening.
I realized that once we're free from our parents, we shall achieve be able to change and advance and be happy in general. What I mean by free from our families, I'm not talking about just moving out of a place. I'm talking about cutting off contact completely so that way there will never be any ties between them. Like he said, Chinese people do have some good qualities, that's why we need to use our common sense to absorb good values such as hard working in a reasonable manner.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Latest Chinese GMD (Ground-Based Midcourse Defense) test. This is the "anti-ballistic missile interceptor":

Video:

Compare to 20 years ago, when PLA 2nd artillery had to train with cardboard mock-up's in 1993:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... tNtknd94X8#!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

For those who are curious about old school spy vs spy era, communications were sent via short wave radio from China to TW and vice versa, to send messages to spies. The spy listens to the broadcast at specific times, then use their decoder book to decode the message. China still use them once in a while:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... AlnuZ0N97g
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

If China made a move to take over Taiwan and the US intervened, would China stand a chance against the US?

I saw this article about a "One-Shot Aircraft Carrier Killer Weapon".. http://gizmodo.com/5928295/chinas-df+21 ... ier-killer
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

drealm wrote:If China made a move to take over Taiwan and the US intervened, would China stand a chance against the US?
I saw this article about a "One-Shot Aircraft Carrier Killer Weapon".. http://gizmodo.com/5928295/chinas-df+21 ... ier-killer
In 2013, no.

In another decade or two, uncertain.