Im thinking about potentially vacationing in the Philippines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Im thinking about potentially vacationing in the Philippines

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

If anyone is learned in this country, then maybe you can help me.

I'm in my last year of school, and soon I should get my Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice. The reason I say this is because I am looking to vacation, potentially in the Philippines, for about between 2 and 4 weeks before I go for my Bachelor's degree. I'm posting this because I would like some information as to:

A) A general estimate of how much it would cost for a 2-4 week vacation in the Philippines

B) Cities that would be a good place for me to visit

C) Cities/Provinces/Neighborhoods that I need to stay the f.uck away from, due to political/social instability and turmoil or anti-foreigner sentiment

D) How much of the local language I would need to know (Tagalog, Visayan, Cebuano, etc., because different provinces have different native dialects)

E) Local customs and culture

F) What I will need, in terms of vaccinations (hoping that I won't need any)

G) What I will need to do to get some... action (because I know it's a myth that I will have females all over me as soon as I step off the plane)

H) Some general do's and don'ts

I) Which areas of the Philippines are least Americanized

Yes, I know, most of this stuff I can find out myself, but I am asking you gentlemen for assistance/information in that regard, and if you do not feel comfortable sharing the said information on the open forum, then feel free to send me a private message.

Thanks a lot!

Kameron
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Re: Im thinking about potentially vacationing in the Philipp

Post by Anonymous1 »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:If anyone is learned in this country, then maybe you can help me.

I'm in my last year of school, and soon I should get my Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice. The reason I say this is because I am looking to vacation, potentially in the Philippines, for about between 2 and 4 weeks before I go for my Bachelor's degree. I'm posting this because I would like some information as to:

A) A general estimate of how much it would cost for a 2-4 week vacation in the Philippines

C) Cities/Provinces/Neighborhoods that I need to stay the f.uck away from, due to political/social instability and turmoil or anti-foreigner sentiment

D) How much of the local language I would need to know (Tagalog, Visayan, Cebuano, etc., because different provinces have different native dialects)

G) What I will need to do to get some... action (because I know it's a myth that I will have females all over me as soon as I step off the plane)

Yes, I know, most of this stuff I can find out myself, but I am asking you gentlemen for assistance/information in that regard, and if you do not feel comfortable sharing the said information on the open forum, then feel free to send me a private message.

Thanks a lot!

Kameron
A.) 4 weeks...5k you should be fine

B.) cities you should visit Baguio, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo is nice(but a little too provincial for some people here)

C.) cities you should stay away from Angeles CIty, Marawi city

D.) depends where you visit.....tagalog if your going to be in manila, luzon region
or a visayan language depending on which part of visayas or mindanao you visit

E.) if your into local culture...I suggest Baguio in northern luzon and Lanao Del Sur in mindanao

F.) you may need some shots....maybe 1 or 2

G.) Do act normally...Do not act like a fool

H.) least americanized....rural areas in mindanao and visayas
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

What about 1 or 2 weeks?
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
noog
Freshman Poster

Re: Im thinking about potentially vacationing in the Philipp

Post by noog »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:If anyone is learned in this country, then maybe you can help me.

Thanks a lot!

Kameron
A - 3K to 5K should be plenty for your time there, not including airfare
B - If it's P4P you require, Puerto Galera for the beaches and snorkeling and then nearby Sabang for the ladies might not be a bad option.
C - I always read and heard that rural areas of Mindanao can be dangerous because of Muslim extremists
D - You can get by with English, but things are a lot easier/quicker I think if you have a local as a tour guide that can speak Tagalog. I can't imagine some of the negotiations I would have had to go through without my fiancee there speaking the natural language.
F - I went w/out vaccinations and I did alright
G - Bring your own protection if it's P4P
H - Don't travel inner-city Manila alone at night on foot
I - the provinces, anywhere rural
"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

"Trying to find good American women is like trying to ice skate in a volcano."
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Thank you

If I find P4P it may be a plus, but I will try to look for something serious.