Cebu - 1 Month Advice

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Dash
Freshman Poster

Cebu - 1 Month Advice

Post by Dash »

Hey guys, I plan to go to Cebu and hangout for a month. Some background info ~ 26 y/o American

Can anyone recommend some decent apartments or pensions that can be had for 300-400 bucks a month? The closer to Mango Sq. the better.

Any decent beach I can travel to close by? (30 - 60 minutes on scooter)
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

www.hostelworld.com

www.hostels.com

Be careful with those as they post prices per person per double or multiple occupancy and you may mistake them for private rooms. Read carefully what rooms are posted.

Google: discount hotel: Cebu, discount acommodation- Cebu.

You may try Century Hotel and Mercedes Hotel on Pelaez Street. They may have monthly discounts and may run you some $500 a month or less.

"Decent" and " inexpensive" usually do not go together in Cebu. Somewhere you will need to find a compromise.

Decent beaches? Try Tamboli East and Maribago Blue Water. About 30 minutes from downtown/uptown. There is an entrance fee- some 8-10 consumable in the first one and some 15-17 non-consumable in the second one.
Last edited by ladislav on May 4th, 2013, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Dash
Freshman Poster

Post by Dash »

I cant stay at a hostel. Need some privacy and the ability to have people over.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Then I suggest Century Hotel on Pelaez Street in Colon. You can get cheap rooms for some p500-600+ a night. Ask for the cheapest one they have. These will not be great, but you will have privacy, and it is a major thoroughfare. Then, you can just google around and look in newspapers. Usually, ( not always) apartments want a deposit and an advance. Century Hotel is the best there is when it comes to reasonability.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!