Personality of Filipino women?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
clowny
Freshman Poster

Personality of Filipino women?

Post by clowny »

The amazing thing to me is that filipina women are so popular with western men. Filipinas are the total opposite to western women in personality and demeanour. Western women are loud, obnoxious and bitchy, while filipina women are so quiet, unassuming and just plain BORING. They rarely speak unless spoken to first, and spend most of their time just sitting there like a statue. Don't western men get bored with these filipinas who have no personality?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Personality of Filipino women?

Post by zboy1 »

clowny wrote:The amazing thing to me is that filipina women are so popular with western men. Filipinas are the total opposite to western women in personality and demeanour. Western women are loud, obnoxious and bitchy, while filipina women are so quiet, unassuming and just plain BORING. They rarely speak unless spoken to first, and spend most of their time just sitting there like a statue. Don't western men get bored with these filipinas who have no personality?
Honestly, most Westerners view Filipino women as obedient, low-IQ sex slaves, unfortunately; they want a submissive, quiet, and non-intelligent/non-feminist women--the complete opposite of the type of women they're used in the West. But, at what cost? It's so bad that most of Southeast Asia has been turned into a brothel, and ruined as a result....I want a traditional women, too, but one that is not a stereotype or fetish... I hope to find a Chinese women that is not any of the above when I'm in China...
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

zboy1 wrote:
clowny wrote:The amazing thing to me is that filipina women are so popular with western men. Filipinas are the total opposite to western women in personality and demeanour. Western women are loud, obnoxious and bitchy, while filipina women are so quiet, unassuming and just plain BORING. They rarely speak unless spoken to first, and spend most of their time just sitting there like a statue. Don't western men get bored with these filipinas who have no personality?
Honestly, most Westerners view Filipino women as obedient, low-IQ sex slaves, unfortunately; they want a submissive, quiet, and non-intelligent/non-feminist women--the complete opposite of the type of women they're used in the West. But, at what cost? It's so bad that most of Southeast Asia has been turned into a brothel, and ruined as a result....I want a traditional women, too, but one that is not a stereotype or fetish... I hope to find a Chinese women that is not any of the above when I'm in China...
I believe most Asian women tend to be BORING, especially Filipinas. For me, Filipina's sense of humor is simply not funny.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:
zboy1 wrote:
I believe most Asian women tend to be BORING, especially Filipinas. For me, Filipina's sense of humor is simply not funny.
Asians aren't exactly known for their personalities, LOL! If you want excitement, I think Latinas are a better choice....
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

I've never been to the Philippines, but I've met many people from the Philippines.

My ex-gf is a Filipino immigrant.

I've found them to be very nice and humble. They're great listeners and my personality (talkative) clicks well with many of them. I've also found them to be more intelligent than what people here give them credit for.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

You should feel fortunate because IMO you were the exception. I've been to the PI many, many times and this certainly has not been my experience.

Filipinas are one of my least favorite of Asians, ranking only slightly ahead of Singaporeans. I've been with a Singaporean who was model and while she looked great, she was annoying.

On one occasion she said, "Most Singaporean men do whatever their women say." My response was "Do I look like the sort of guy you're going to push around? Cause if anything, I'll be the one doing the pushing and you can just sit there and be quiet." Once I said that to her she couldn't get enough of me. My friends couldn't understand it. She was simply not used to having some guy tell her what to do or who was strong enough to ignore her or tell her to shut her mouth.

Back the Filipinas; they tend to give good head, have decent bodies when they're young, and while they can be very nice, I've found that even the non-pros have some sort of an agenda.

As far as them being great listeners, I guess so. But I'm not particularly talkative and more so than other Asians they always have some dilemma. Usually it's money.
jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

Filipinas are good as display GFs and for pump and dump. I have never met one who has a 'personality'. There was one but it turned out she is a ladyboy lol. Latinas and mainland chinese for me from now onwards.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:You should feel fortunate because IMO you were the exception. I've been to the PI many, many times and this certainly has not been my experience.

Filipinas are one of my least favorite of Asians, ranking only slightly ahead of Singaporeans. I've been with a Singaporean who was model and while she looked great, she was annoying.

On one occasion she said, "Most Singaporean men do whatever their women say." My response was "Do I look like the sort of guy you're going to push around? Cause if anything, I'll be the one doing the pushing and you can just sit there and be quiet." Once I said that to her she couldn't get enough of me. My friends couldn't understand it. She was simply not used to having some guy tell her what to do or who was strong enough to ignore her or tell her to shut her mouth.

Back the Filipinas; they tend to give good head, have decent bodies when they're young, and while they can be very nice, I've found that even the non-pros have some sort of an agenda.

As far as them being great listeners, I guess so. But I'm not particularly talkative and more so than other Asians they always have some dilemma. Usually it's money.
Interesting.

I'll be honest. My personality only requires for people to be able to listen and laugh lol. I could literally talk for hours. That might be why I get along with Filipinas/os so well. They may very well have no personality, but they listen to me talk a lot and rarely talk about anything themselves.

Thanks for that post. I actually never realized this before lol.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

I am always surprised by these discussions about personality and intelligence when it comes to people in different countries.

Now looks are a different story. One guy likes the looks of Chinese girls, another Latinas, another likes the way AWs look. To each his own.

The same might be said about cultural character. You can generalize about AWs or Germans or Filipinos or whomever. Of course the generalization is very broad but there is value to it.

But in my opinion and experience, when it comes to personality, intelligence, even ethics, like attracts like. Smart people naturally gravitate toward smart people; dumb people to other dumb people. Ethical people are drawn toward people will ethics; crooks hang with crooks. Interesting and articulate people somehow manage to find other interesting people; bores find other bores.

I guarantee that genius are rarely best friends with morons. Life is often a mirror and who we encounter is a reflection of who we are. If you have eyes for them smart, funny, ethical, and interesting people are in all cultures. All we have to do is look for them.
Christianfilipinacom
Freshman Poster

Post by Christianfilipinacom »

Many men value Filipinas for their values such as hard-work and life-long family commitment. A Filipina can often be contented with a happy family life, without needing to have a string of accomplishments or accumulations. For Americans, this can be comforting. Of course, these are generalizations and it's always possible to find people within any group that don't fit the pattern.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

Quiet, Filipinos? You may have some that are shy since English is the language of the educated and any lack of skills would mean a failure. But if they are talking they will be loud and out front. It is the closeness to western culture and religion that makes the Philippines of of the destination stops
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

This entire thread reminds me of the old joke...A man walks into the doctors office and he says, "hey doc it hurts when I do this." The docs reaction? "Don't do that."

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, if you don't want a boring, quiet girl with nothing to say, don't date one!!! With millions of single women available to you in Phils, why pick the low hanging fruit? If you are going to pursue ANY woman from a foreign country do yourself a favor and find a way to have enough faith, courage, confidence and conviction to get a higher quality woman. Really it's THAT SIMPLE.

Funny, well-spoken, smart girls do exist from this country. Too many guys fall head over heels in love with the first pretty girl that talks to them either online or in person. Don't be that that guy! This forum has a lot of good resouces. Don't try to re-invent the wheel...learn what worked for the happily married/engaged guys on this forum and replicate what they did.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

pete98146 wrote:This entire thread reminds me of the old joke...A man walks into the doctors office and he says, "hey doc it hurts when I do this." The docs reaction? "Don't do that."

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, if you don't want a boring, quiet girl with nothing to say, don't date one!!! With millions of single women available to you in Phils, why pick the low hanging fruit? If you are going to pursue ANY woman from a foreign country do yourself a favor and find a way to have enough faith, courage, confidence and conviction to get a higher quality woman. Really it's THAT SIMPLE.

Funny, well-spoken, smart girls do exist from this country. Too many guys fall head over heels in love with the first pretty girl that talks to them either online or in person. Don't be that that guy! This forum has a lot of good resouces. Don't try to re-invent the wheel...learn what worked for the happily married/engaged guys on this forum and replicate what they did.
I'll agree with you one one thing, if you don't want a boring, quiet girl with nothing to say, don't date one. However, they may start out interesting and fizzle out. That's when you dump them. I wanted quiet as opposed to loud and brash, educated, fiery, smart, horny, and not boring. For the most part, I got what I wanted.

I've dated lower and higher quality women here in Thailand, in the PI, Singapore, Vietnam, and Cambodia (middle class). Just because they're higher quality doesn't mean they're any less boring.
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

Women by definition are boring! To become interesting you need to develop your personality and have interests...but before you can do that you must have the necessity to do it. If you are pretty, you don't need to, if you are ugly, who wants to date you!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

I wouldn't say Filipinas are boring at all. They love going out and doing anything your interested in. However, a lot of them do have boring lives but take them out to dinner and for a walk on the wharf and they liven up real fast. When you have a naked Filipina on top of you, you'll change your mind. However, Manilla women are a lot like American women, their always ready for a fight.