Maybe we shouldn't really be stealing Chinese women ;)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Falcon wrote:
xiongmao wrote:So few foreigners in China it's not going to make a difference. But of course the Chinese love to blame foreigners (especially the Japanese) for every ill in their society.
Very true! The Chinese have always had very imperialistic attitudes throughout history, even today.

Also, quite unfortunately, the average male in China is a middle-aged guy from the countryside who does the 3 S's: smoking, spitting, squatting (very crass habits, especially in urban coastal China). Not bashing all Chinese men in general of course, as I happen to be of Chinese descent myself, but months and months of travel in China confirm that this is the norm. Xiongmao, Everdred, and I really impressed a lady from Hangzhou by simply NOT being one of those guys. :P
Mainland Chinese men also dress very poorly. I can understand not having money to wear fancy clothes but it's not expensive to wear clothes that look good and are appropriately sized. I saw a lot of Chinese men wearing loose fitting cheap suits, very ugly pants, mismatched colors, and many had dopey haircuts.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

Hate to say this, but the population is 1.6 billion in China. When i was in China-- they said that the government doesn't tell the truth of population stats. So having a slighter smaller population, i.e. 1.3 billion is not really going to hurt China much. Although a large part of the population is aging and maybe not reproducing so much, this is also an issue everywhere else in most developed and somewhat developed countries.