Singaporean man marries Indonesian maid

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Singaporean man marries Indonesian maid

Post by Falcon »

This guy is my hero! The replies in the thread are quite funny.

Sinkie women can't cook so Mr Chen marries his buddy's Indon maid
http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?1034 ... ndon-maid/

Singaporean man marries friend's maid

A Singaporean has just gotten married to his friend's maid.

Construction driver Chen Xiang Long, 36, was introduced to his wife Royati (transliteration), 26, by a long time friend, who is also the maid's employer.

The match came about when Chen's friend decided to match-make Chen and his maid.

Chen often sees Royati as he frequently visits his friend at his home.

"I began to take notice of Royati after my friend tried to match-make us. I found that she is caring, kind and very patient when taking care of my friend's three children. She is also a great cook!" exclaimed Chen.

Chen has been dating Royati for more than a year now but has rarely gone on dates with her.

"She has to work so we will bring her employer's three children along when we go out," Chen explained.

Before long, Chen decided to marry Royati and her employer proved to be very supportive. Her employer even wrote to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) to apply to allow Royati to marry Chen.

Because of the employer's support, MOM approved the application within a week.

The two held their wedding at the Cheng Hong Siang Tng Temple at Arumugam Road two days ago.

More than 200 friends and relatives graced their wedding and offered them their blessings. Chen even chartered a bus to send his Bangladeshi colleagues to attend his wedding, which served a buffet dinner and provided karaoke facilities.

The couple will be flying to Indonesian tomorrow for another traditional marriage at Royati's village hometown.

Source: Shin Min Daily News, 24 October 2011.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Singaporean man marries Indonesian maid

Post by Jester »

Falcon wrote:
This guy is my hero! The replies in the thread are quite funny.
No kidding. Hilarious.

Really a great headline!

The things we talk about on HA are sprayed right out there, in (presumably) mixed company, on a newspaper site?! And doesn't get any hater backtalk! Our POV becoming mainstream! Women who cant cook, low birthrates due to career, etc. (I knew Singapore authorities were concerned, but I didnt realize everyone talked about it.)

The insults are funny. Singapore people are very direct!

BTW, I noticed this

"This Mediacorpse also speaks little of Parsi, Lawn and Armenians here....
Didn't know there were still Armos in Singapore. Are these the old Armenian families from Moghul or British Raj days -- Armenians with Persian last names like Pahlavan, now mixed with local? (I know a brilliant mixed Armenian/Chinese girl in KL.) Or are these more recent arrivals being referred to?

To me, finding uplifting Armo sense of humor in Asia would balance out the cynical, biting humor of the expat Brits who seem to be all over the place in SEA.

Plus the prospect of some hunks of grilled meat versus extra-spicy Asian bits and pieces.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Singaporean man marries Indonesian maid

Post by Teal Lantern »

Falcon wrote:This guy is my hero! The replies in the thread are quite funny.

Sinkie women can't cook so Mr Chen marries his buddy's Indon maid
Interesting how the shaming language is universal.
A man who marries "out" is an ugly loser <-- which, if true, shouldn't they be glad he's off the prowl? :?
The woman he marries "only wants his money" . <-- which is different from the native women, how?
Oh, that's right, the import will do a chore or two. How *gasp* demeaning. :roll:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

Big deal! This happens in the Philippines too. I've seen many American military guys marry their Filipina maids.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Halwick wrote:
Big deal! This happens in the Philippines too. I've seen many American military guys marry their Filipina maids.
My takeaway: hire carefully!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

How about:
American women can't cook so Mr Jester marries his buddy's Mexican maid

Mr. Chen in the photo pretty much looks like the Singaporean twin of real-life Jester too. Jolly, friendly, and funny. :D
Rayn
Freshman Poster

Post by Rayn »

It is absolutely hilarious why girls nowadays love calling out on how the guys are such overgrown babies when they can't even cook! Which to add further into the irony, it is cooking skills that are often looked on among the top priority that determines whether a person could take care of him or herself.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Falcon wrote:
How about:
American women can't cook so Mr Jester marries his buddy's Mexican maid

Hmmmm....
:idea:
Falcon wrote: Mr. Chen in the photo pretty much looks like the Singaporean twin of real-life Jester too. Jolly, friendly, and funny. :D
Now I have to scroll back up and check out the photo!

:wink:

EDIT:

He DOES look like my SG twin!

:shock: