Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Why Foreigners Are Leaving China

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Why Foreigners Are Leaving China

Postby Taco » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:36 am

For many foreigners working in China can be a rough gig, it was for me.

Why Foreigners Are Leaving China ... ving-China
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby mguy » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:47 am

Foreigners will not leave China. The only thing foreigners are leaving are their own countries.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

Junior Poster

Postby Ghost » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:15 pm

I'm here for at least one year. If a another worthy, better English teaching gig shows up after my current contract, I may do it and stay one more year. But so far I've seen enough problems here that I know it can't be more than a stepping stone for me. I'm already ready to go elsewhere in Asia and even other parts of the world, and I've only been here just under 4 months. I don't regret coming here at all, though. It has been good. But I must see it for what it is. I built it up a little too much in my head before coming.
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby xiongmao » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:55 am

Yeah, China was awesome for me as well. But living in Guangzhou? Yeah, that's a stupid thing for anyone to try!

I might return at some point but I'd sure like to find a place that wasn't so freaking humid every single day. Sheesh, even my head seemed to be going mouldy. By comparison the climate in Bangkok is just awesome.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
Veteran Poster

Postby CerealKiller » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:32 am

mguy wrote:Taco,

Foreigners will not leave China. The only thing foreigners are leaving are their own countries.

Well said, mguy. It always amazes me that certain guys who have an obvious hardon for country X (more like country X's underaged GIRLS) go to country X, and upon realizing that said country's girls aren't complete sluts.... these guys start getting all butthurt, eating sour grapes and 'calling out' said country as if it somehow owes them free young pu ssy :lol:
Freshman Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand