Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Arranged Marriages in China?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Arranged Marriages in China?

Postby sea_dragon » Wed May 21, 2014 5:09 am

I'm an American-born Chinese and I have no incentive to date fellow American women. I find the dating scene today to be extremely nauseating and tiring. My parents, want me to marry a white girl or some other Asian girl for some awkward reason (very liberal by Chinese standards). But they have a Plan B, which is to find me a wife from Mainland China. I wouldn't seem to mind that at all, at least as long as we all speak the same language under the roof (especially the same Sinitic language, since I am not very fluent in Mandarin). I have no idea what to think of this. I actually find most marriages to be jokes these days so I guess I feel satisfied with it, provided if the girl is attractive and we have some good chemistry. Any suggestions or thoughts on this matter?
sea_dragon
Freshman Poster

Postby Jonny Law » Wed May 21, 2014 8:12 am

Go for it! Find yourself a decent one. Go to China they took down the travel restrictions there. You will regret not going. And never be afraid to dump the bit*h (translation assertive woman).

There are no excuses. No reason to not go. Find your testicles find your manhood and find a plane ticket.
Jonny Law
Junior Poster

Postby pandabear » Wed May 21, 2014 11:48 am

You might be able to get yourself a leftover woman.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21320560
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Postby xiongmao » Wed May 21, 2014 9:27 pm

It goes on in China, although there's less obligation to marry the proposed match than there is in other countries.

I'm so busy in my job it would be good if my family could find me a wife! Maybe I should send my mom to China, instead of going myself!!!!

I was just looking at a few photos I grabbed off the QZone of a girl I met in a Gz park. Her friends are almost exclusively 8's to 10's. How I wish I'd gone to China when I was 21!
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby sea_dragon » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:27 am

Currently, my family makes money through real estate, while I have a part-time job by the side while living in the suburban Southern US.

As for marriage prospects, I'm not too much into girls from regions not of my own heritage or girls who don't speak my mother language fluently. Because to be honest, marrying a Cantonese girl, a Taiwanese girl or a girl from northern China is like marrying a Korean, a Filipina, a Thai or even some girl from Europe. There may be some level of familiarity, but in general, China is a big country and it's home to a variety of different cultures. And I want my future children to grow up knowing their grandparents and parents all share the same culture and speak the same language together. And I can understand Mandarin quite well, just that I would be very uncomfortable speaking it, especially with family members (along with English). Even though it is my third language.

I grew up not speaking a word of English at home, and still do not speak English at home. I spoke Mandarin for a short while, but then I abandoned it as I grew older. I guess you can call my upbringing an anomaly or a mistake in America since I was born and raised here.
sea_dragon
Freshman Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand