There is not much benefit to being white in Asia.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

chanta76 wrote:Silver Angel,

You white by chance ? It's one thing if a white guy goes to Asia to find something better but it's another thing if a white guy does it base upon imperialistic mentality. I'm not against a white guy or any type of guy trying to find love or improve his situation but I do have a problem if it's base upon racial superiority complex.

Sad to say I met many expats in Asia and many of them have this complex where they feel that being white they are better than the local Asians and by default Asian women should prefer white guys. But when they see Asian girls preferring Asian men it's like a shock to white guys. Like how dare they!! That's not right !!

I knew a Korean guy in Korea who dated an attractive white girl. The expats that had Korean girl friend thought it was messed up that a Korean guy should be dating a white girl. Speak about hypocrisy.
I'm black.

I was agreeing with you in my earlier post.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

Do white men have an advantage in Asia? That depends on what you are looking for as a white man

If you are looking to have sex of a bunch of girls, then being a white man definitely is an advantage. There will be groupies who want to give the white meat a try, and there are enough of them to keep you occupied for a long long time.

But if you are seeking to have a relationship with a high quality Asian woman, then the field is even. You will not be disadvantaged, but you will have to compete against local Asian guys on equal grounds for these girls.

So advantage in quantity of sex partner: Yes
Advantage in getting a high quality gf: No
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

mrbluelight,

Which asian countries did you go to?
I think it depends on the asian country and the quality of the white guy. The wealthy Asian country like South Korea and or Japan ...not so much. The poorer Asian country like the Philippines yes so much that any white gy has some advantage.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 24th, 2016, 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

chanta76 wrote:mrbluelight,

Which asian countries did you go to?
I think it depends on the asian country and the quality of the white guy. The wealthy Asian country like South Korea and or Japan ...not so much. The poorer Asian country like the Philippines yes so much that any white gy has some advantage.
I am actually Asian American but have white expat friends who I hang out with with. I have been to China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan with my white friends and we have all been using the same online dating strategy that we've found to be optimal. Note, I am a young and tall Asian guy with good style and have done modeling in the past, so I wouldn't consider myself to be lesser of a looker than my white friends.

What I've found is that my friends tend to attract sluttier girls, while those same girls won't respond to me. While I tend to attract more relationship oriented girls. How do I know this? In one of the dating site we use, there are hundreds of personality profile questions members can answer. The girls who respond to my friends all tend to answer the sex questions in more promiscuous ways, while the girls who responded to me tend to answer those questions in more...prudish ways. For my friends, they can often get girls to meet them straight to the hotel on a first date, whereas for me, my dates all insist on going on "real dates" for dinner or at the cafe. So at least for online dating, some of the "sluts" who responded to my friends positively were closed off to me. I think when Asian girls go online looking for fun and not relationships, they are generally looking for white guys.

The advantage for me is that I have access to a larger pool of women due to my understanding of the local culture and being able to speak Mandarin. Being connected to the culture, I get introduced to high quality relationship oriented girls who my friends can't find on online dating sites or bars and clubs.

Based on mine and my friends' experiences, white guys have easier time getting sex. The girls that I met were less eager to jump into bed with me than the girls my friends met. However, Asian guys do have deeper access of the mating pool for girls looking for relationships.

I will be visiting the Philippines soon, being an Asian American, I wonder if I would get sex as easily there as white guys do :twisted:
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I could pretty much take it for granted that I would be found much more attractive by females in Asia than in the West. Whether this is because of the novelty effect or the white guy advantage or the preferences of Asian females or the fact that Western sluts only like dirtbags now, I don't know
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

That is a different question. Any guys get more advantage in the East compared to the West. But the point is, compared to local Asian guys, white guys do have the advantage over them when it comes to finding girls who just want to have fun.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Mrbluelight,

Interesting. I'm curious do the relationship oriented girls prefer only Asian guys or are open to white guys? And if white guys have access to the sluttier girls are the sluttier girls the same pool of girls that go for only white guys? I don't know if you can answer that.

When I visited South Korea I notice that for the white guys they also attracted the sluttier girls but it's always the same group of girls that went after the white guys. We called it the english bubble or something like that. The white guys I met sometimes felt frustrated attracting the more decent traditional k-girls..but it was possible but it took more work compared to local guys sometimes.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

There is no Asian girl who is racist against white guys. I would say they generally find white guys attractive. The problem is that to date the more traditional Asian girls as a white guy, you have to understand their language and culture well enough. Basically be integrated into the Asian culture, have local Asian guy friends and be part of their circle. That is the big thing: most traditional girls still meet their boyfriends through mostly social circles or work, and are uncomfortable meeting guys any other way, so unless you work alongside them, you have to ingrain yourself into a local social circle. That means stop hanging out with other expats and start hanging out with local folks so they will accept you into their circle. It takes time to get to that point, because you first must learn their language and culture well.

To answer your other question, I think it's helpful to put girls into categories:
1. Traditional conservative Asian girls: open to dating white guys, but due to language and cultural barrier, and lack of opportunity, do not. They have no preference for dating white guys or Asian guys, but there are usually no white guys in their social circle for them to even consider anyways. Unfortunately, about 75% of girls belong to this group. They can be found sitting around a big table in a restaurant or in KTV every single weekend night, ALWAYS with the same group of friends.

2. Asian girls who speak good English: These girls prefer dating white guys. Also open to Asian guys, just the white guys a little bit more so because they do dream to one day leave their country. They may have experience study abroad or went on working holiday. They can be found in English schools or working for international firms. These are the "normal" local girls that white guys have access to.

3. White guy groupies (English bubble): These are the girls who literally seek out white guys. They are normal local girls with delusional view of white guys. These are the girls that most expats get with. But they tend to be low quality girls. They are not necessary sluts, they just want a white guy. They are all over online dating sites.

4. Sluts: They want dicks. When there are no white guys around, they take Asian dicks. When there are white guys around (like on online dating sites), they disproportionally prefer to sleep with white guys. These are the girls that I have troubles getting. I only get them when I go to places where they have no white guys options. They frequent bars and clubs. Note: girls in the other groups can also be sluts, and they will jump into bed with an attractive white guy the first chance they get.

For white guys who want to sleep with Asian girls: I do not know any Asian girl who refuses to date Asian guys who is not a slut. So to check how easy she is to get into bed, just ask her if she significantly prefer white guys over Asian guys. If she starts talking trash about Asian guys, then bingo, it's safe to escalate.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Mrblueflight,

How does other race of men fit in? Like black guys or middle eastern? or non-Chinese Asian guys? I don't think a Japanese or Korean guy will have the same access as a white guy or even a Chinese speaking Asian guy will have.
Do local guys have problem with white guys taking chinese girls since there is gender imbalance?

As an Asian guy it doesn't bother you ? I notice that sometimes the white guys in Asia act really obnoxious just because it easier for them to get some asian girls and start to look down on the local or objectify the locals,

Because I'm Asian American myself and I can tell you growing up in America there is racism against dating for Asian American guys. Not sure if you have the same experience as I did. It sucks big time for asian guys that there is no country where asian guys have the same privilege as let say white guys does.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Well, for all the harping leftist feminists and their guilt laden white male Euro lackeys keep saying about 'white' privilege in America and other Anglo-sphere countries, I can confirm it truly exists in the Philippines at least. Not sure how prevalent it is in other Asian countries though.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

chanta76 wrote:Mrblueflight,

How does other race of men fit in? Like black guys or middle eastern? or non-Chinese Asian guys? I don't think a Japanese or Korean guy will have the same access as a white guy or even a Chinese speaking Asian guy will have.
Do local guys have problem with white guys taking chinese girls since there is gender imbalance?

As an Asian guy it doesn't bother you ? I notice that sometimes the white guys in Asia act really obnoxious just because it easier for them to get some asian girls and start to look down on the local or objectify the locals,

Because I'm Asian American myself and I can tell you growing up in America there is racism against dating for Asian American guys. Not sure if you have the same experience as I did. It sucks big time for asian guys that there is no country where asian guys have the same privilege as let say white guys does.
You are right. Non-Chinese Asian guys will have a hard time fitting in in China. Rather, they will be mostly invisible while a white guy will be exotically "visible", if that makes any sense. Chinese people generally see South-Eastern Asians as barbarians, they don't like Korean, and they LOATH Japanese thanks to WWII. But I would say if the Asian guy speaks Chinese, then he would be on neutral ground with local Chinese. Same thing cannot be said about black guys. There is still a very strong prejudice against black guys in China and other parts of Asia. There are niche that are more understanding, so blacks in Asia tend to find those niche.
No idea of middle-easterners.

It is a bit annoying to see white guys acting like rowdy douche-bags in Asia. Most locals are too p***y to call them out on it. Some locals even think "white people are just more passionate! That's why they are acting that way." That is when I facepalm. In South Korea and in Japan, some guys have taken upon themselves to "put white guys in their places", but in less westernized countries, white guys can still get away with being overly obnoxious. I think for many Chinese guys, they are more concerned about trying to befriend the white guys then thinking about the guys taking their women. I think some of them might even be jealous of girls that white guys give more of their attentions to the girls than them, lol.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

MrBlueLight wrote:
chanta76 wrote:Mrblueflight,

You are right. Non-Chinese Asian guys will have a hard time fitting in in China. Rather, they will be mostly invisible while a white guy will be exotically "visible", if that makes any sense. Chinese people generally see South-Eastern Asians as barbarians, they don't like Korean, and they LOATH Japanese thanks to WWII. But I would say if the Asian guy speaks Chinese, then he would be on neutral ground with local Chinese. Same thing cannot be said about black guys. There is still a very strong prejudice against black guys in China and other parts of Asia. There are niche that are more understanding, so blacks in Asia tend to find those niche.
No idea of middle-easterners.

It is a bit annoying to see white guys acting like rowdy douche-bags in Asia. Most locals are too p***y to call them out on it. Some locals even think "white people are just more passionate! That's why they are acting that way." That is when I facepalm. In South Korea and in Japan, some guys have taken upon themselves to "put white guys in their places", but in less westernized countries, white guys can still get away with being overly obnoxious. I think for many Chinese guys, they are more concerned about trying to befriend the white guys then thinking about the guys taking their women. I think some of them might even be jealous of girls that white guys give more of their attentions to the girls than them, lol.
I'm Korean American and I have no problems in China! I don't know where you guys are getting your ridiculous information. And, actually, the Chinese are fascinated with Korean culture, language and food. And even though the Chinese hate the Japanese, there are Chinese/Japanese couples in the country.

Although some Chinese women are into White men--overseas Asian men are viewed very positively among Chinese females--even moreso, in some cases, then a Caucasian person. Think about it: there are some Chinese women are want to keep their 'Asian' culture and want to marry another Asian person. So, what you guys are saying is not true.

But I do agree that in some countries like South Korea and Japan in Asia, the men don't let foreigners get away with some of the crap that, let's say, people in Thailand let foreigners get away with.
sea_dragon
Freshman Poster

Post by sea_dragon »

I think Asian men who speak fluent English in general get a lot more attention from girls. Because it's seen as both exotic and familiar at the same time. Being multilingual also helps. But I'm not meeting girls from the typical routes that most foreigners take. it's usually through social networks of family and friends back home in China. Because I'm only interested in a serious relationship and marriage.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

chanta76 wrote:
I notice that sometimes the white guys in Asia act really obnoxious just because it easier for them to get some asian girls and start to look down on the local or objectify the locals,
I would say that large numbers of extroverted White Guys will often act act obnoxious whenever they get the chance.

:(