Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Got some basic Philippines survival questions

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Raja » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:55 pm

The USPS will forward internationally but you have to fill out the paper change of address card. The default settings on their website will keep asking for a US zip code. It is only supposed to be first class and priority mail so no magazines. people do report that catalogs get through to them, but I am betting that is the small percentage advertisers send first class when a customer stops responding so they can capture the new mailing address.

There are also the commercial agencies, the UPS Store and competitors who will accept your mail and forward it for a premium fee. However the USPS will not accept a change of address from a UPS Store address to a new mailing address as they consider it one business address and individual's changes are not accepted from a business.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Postby MrBlueLight » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:57 am

Is there unlimited data plan for smartphone in Manila? I would like to be able to use the internet everywhere I go.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Postby MrBlueLight » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:04 pm

anyone know?
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Postby davewe » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:51 pm

MrBlueLight wrote:anyone know?

Not in the way you are thinking of in the US. Here's a link to the 3 major carriers in PI:
http://www.moneymax.ph/blog/which-unlim ... -the-best/

The bigger issue is which service is best in the areas you are wanting to go. They all have limitations. Typically when you arrive you buy a SIM card with load and add load as you need it.
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster

Previous

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand