Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Got some basic Philippines survival questions

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Postby Raja » September 2nd, 2014, 10:55 pm

The USPS will forward internationally but you have to fill out the paper change of address card. The default settings on their website will keep asking for a US zip code. It is only supposed to be first class and priority mail so no magazines. people do report that catalogs get through to them, but I am betting that is the small percentage advertisers send first class when a customer stops responding so they can capture the new mailing address.

There are also the commercial agencies, the UPS Store and competitors who will accept your mail and forward it for a premium fee. However the USPS will not accept a change of address from a UPS Store address to a new mailing address as they consider it one business address and individual's changes are not accepted from a business.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!

Postby MrBlueLight » September 8th, 2014, 11:57 am

Is there unlimited data plan for smartphone in Manila? I would like to be able to use the internet everywhere I go.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Postby MrBlueLight » September 23rd, 2014, 1:04 pm

anyone know?
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Postby davewe » September 23rd, 2014, 4:51 pm

MrBlueLight wrote:anyone know?

Not in the way you are thinking of in the US. Here's a link to the 3 major carriers in PI:
http://www.moneymax.ph/blog/which-unlim ... -the-best/

The bigger issue is which service is best in the areas you are wanting to go. They all have limitations. Typically when you arrive you buy a SIM card with load and add load as you need it.
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster

Previous

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand