See, they DO exist?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

See, they DO exist?

Post by publicduende »

I really have to hit Manila more...

Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: See, they DO exist?

Post by Zambales »

Of course they exist. The problem with the Philippines is that such women aren't as prevalent as the more developed countries, meaning the search to find one will be harder.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

I match with girls like that all day in the Philippines. Is it only because I'm still fairly young? I'd hate to think I'll be too old in a decade (when I finally have the funds to spend time there).
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

public,

so that's the type you want to get? I never been to the Philippines so I have no idea how bad it is but in other Asian countries(South Korea, Japan) it's not too hard to find an educated young girl like that who is not playing around. But the problem is usually in those countries they prefer guys closer to their age with some accomplishments. I think you accomplish stuff in life but your age maybe an issue but there are single 30's in other asian countries.

I just find that you maybe have high ego as Rock would mention. I was kind of like that when I was younger in my earlier 20's I traveled around Asian and yes did the p4p..I thought at that time because I was younger and fit I was little bit better than the average older expats. But I was Korean but Korean -American..I felt that being American citizen made me superior over local Asians and that girls should want me or I can get any girls. In reality that wasn't the case. Sure girls notice me more but it's not like it was given to me.

I'm not saying be more humble..go after what you want but your in the Philippines looking for a Asian girl that you might find more common in South korea.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

jeremy,

You know..I hear that the Philippines is country where older men can do OK. Unless they get the bottom of the barrier but still happy with that.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

I don't get it. She's nice enough but what's the big deal? And by the way, why is she mentioning hookups? In any context whatsoever? And why does she want to improve herself via interesting conversations? Is that really what she wants out of someone? If I didn't know she was a filipina, I'd assume she was a western girl. Notice how she says that she wants interesting conversations more than hookups. Read between the lines.

I would at this point use this opportunity to draw your attention to my book, which is linked to below, but I'm not going to do that as it is beneath me.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

chanta76 wrote:jeremy,

You know..I hear that the Philippines is country where older men can do OK. Unless they get the bottom of the barrier but still happy with that.
That's why they're happy. Because they do (usually) dig straight to the bottom of the barrel being happily oblivious about it. But hey, who I am why to judge how they should pursue their happiness? Good for them if that;s who rocks their boats!
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

chanta76 wrote:public,

so that's the type you want to get? I never been to the Philippines so I have no idea how bad it is but in other Asian countries(South Korea, Japan) it's not too hard to find an educated young girl like that who is not playing around. But the problem is usually in those countries they prefer guys closer to their age with some accomplishments. I think you accomplish stuff in life but your age maybe an issue but there are single 30's in other asian countries.

I just find that you maybe have high ego as Rock would mention. I was kind of like that when I was younger in my earlier 20's I traveled around Asian and yes did the p4p..I thought at that time because I was younger and fit I was little bit better than the average older expats. But I was Korean but Korean -American..I felt that being American citizen made me superior over local Asians and that girls should want me or I can get any girls. In reality that wasn't the case. Sure girls notice me more but it's not like it was given to me.

I'm not saying be more humble..go after what you want but your in the Philippines looking for a Asian girl that you might find more common in South korea.
I don't think I have any ego problem, nor feel superior. to anyone here. As I told Rock over private chat last night, I thought the mix of me being here on a serious business venture, wanting to settle in Davao for good, being not so hideous looking and not so old after all, and having an established social circle, would be a good "value proposition". Good enough, at least, to get me not a princess, not a celeb, not a model...just a modestly intelligent girl, unmarried and without kids, with some good looks to top the cake.

That pic there is a random Tinder pic someone posted on my FB wall. She is not my match and I will never meet her.

I think I got it by now, guys...it's my age. No matter how successful I want to be, or will be, I will always be trumped by any happy go lucky slim and muscular tourist in his 20s or early 30s. Even the so called "good girls" would rather have a fling with one of those young men than a serious relationship with a man like me.

Maybe I should really shut down my ego and go for any of the girls men my age go for: and I haven't been snubbing those because I am an arrogant f*ck, but because every time I tried to go serious with one of them I ended up bored, or burned.

Like you and some other said, I might be looking for a girl like that in another first-world Asian country, China maybe. At the moment moving or even looking in those countries is impossible. I will have to simply suck it up.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

public,

Do you see older Filipino men with much younger quality girls? older expat men with young girls? Or is it really an age thing?

From your own description you describe yourself in shape and not bad looking. Your 40 ? Right? it's not that old. I don't know the scene in Davo. I mean is the expat community there full of young better looking expat men ? Most expats are transient and many of the expats tend to have a fling with bar girls from my understanding. Sometimes maybe your looking at in subjective way that can be negative. I'm curious to hear an opposite view point here.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

chanta76 wrote:public,

Do you see older Filipino men with much younger quality girls? older expat men with young girls? Or is it really an age thing?

From your own description you describe yourself in shape and not bad looking. Your 40 ? Right? it's not that old. I don't know the scene in Davo. I mean is the expat community there full of young better looking expat men ? Most expats are transient and many of the expats tend to have a fling with bar girls from my understanding. Sometimes maybe your looking at in subjective way that can be negative. I'm curious to hear an opposite view point here.
No, I don't. The only exception I know of is one of my Rotary friends, a good looking and successful doctor from a rich family, who married a woman who is absolutely gorgeous and about 10 years younger than him. And my other friends always refer to him as an exception.

If they choose to a good university, campus life is very intense and opportunities to interact with fellow students outside class are very frequent. They have clubs, sports, spiritual retreats, the whole lot. From what I have seen, most young Filipinos end up getting engaged and then married with their college sweethearts. This means an age gap of 1 to 3 years, at most.

Then, as it happens, if the man is aging and wants to make his money and success count to get the thrill of a younger lover, he can do so. Again, these things are kept quite discreet but I do know some men in their 50s or even 60s who have mistresses in their 20s or 30s, at the oldest. Of course that is not love, it's a tis-for-tat relationship and one that both parts have an interest to keep hidden from public sight.

The only men in their 40s or 50s I see publicly with girls in their 20s are foreigners, us. And I am not surprised this is generally frowned upon by Filipinos. They know their country is one of poverty and inequality, they know those girls desire a better life than what their socio-economic status can afford them, and see their choice to date a much older foreigner as a consequence of their needs. I don't even know if any of them entertains the notion that some of those girls might be genuinely in love with their men.

As I said many times, this is usually not a problem if the foreigner has limited interaction with locals. If he lives withdrawn in the province with his lovely wife and her family and lots of village people who have all the interest to treat him like a local star. Or if the foreigner is meant to be back to his home country after a few days or weeks or months and intends to take his girl over at some point.

The scene in Davao isn't full of much better looking adult foreigners, to be honest. The issue is that we are inevitably bundled in the same box. There are the muscular young guys who won't be older than 30, with their slim fit shirts and their shorts, all hair still there, trimmed beards. Those are the ones young and hot girls have no qualms dating and been seen with. And, no surprise, those are the only ones I see with very pretty girls, be them smart or not.

An adult man like me can be a discreet boyfriend/benefactor at best. Things get much worse as soon as signs of aging and stress start showing.

Filipinos and Filipinas are known to be on constant adulation mode, especially to a Caucasian man with his usual height, fair skin and long nose. I know for a fact Filipinas can tell a young stud from a standard looing guy. However much they want to call gwapo (handsome) and how much ever in good shape I could be, I know I am a 6.5 at best and those blond hunky Danes or Australians who seem to be flooding Davao right now, veritable 8s and 9s, must be standing out in a league of their own. Of course it doesn't mean girls want to f**k them on the spot, but certainly they have eyes to compare and draw their conclusions on our relative value.

Of course we mature men have qualities other than youth and physical attractiveness, but those qualities fade away very quickly when the girl knows she can easily date Filipinos or younger foreigners. This is why the hot 19-yo morena rejected me despite coming from an outright destitute family, and only came back because her family told her to. Sometimes it take a single younger foreigner showing interest online or promising them to go see them, or a surge of pride, of their best friend's advice, and they'll immediately put us at the back of the queue.

That's why I have lost my hopes and feel very frustrated at the idea that I will have to play the pump & dump game with bottom of the barrel girls and. when I am ready to move on, settle with one such girl, or perhaps get resigned to be with a single mom in her 30s.
Last edited by publicduende on March 5th, 2017, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

If that chick is 29, what is she still doing in college? And why is she mentioning hookups? I'd suspect she is a whore.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

What is that on her hand? If that is a tattoo on her hand, then the whole thing would be counter productive to call her a member of the goodie elite.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Cornfed wrote:If that chick is 29, what is she still doing in college? And why is she mentioning hookups? I'd suspect she is a whore.

She said 'no hookups.' Maybe a lot of guys hit her up for 'hookups.' It could be the software asks about hookups and reports it back to the reader. How do you know she doesn't work at the university.

I am wondering who the 'they' that do exist are-- plain looking Filippinas?
Last edited by MrMan on March 6th, 2017, 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Adama wrote:What is that on her hand? If that is a tattoo on her hand, then the whole thing would be counter productive to call her a member of the goodie elite.
Exactly I was wondering the same. Any kind of mutilation i.e. hair dyed red, more than one earring on each ear and so on are big red flags on mental stability.
Last edited by droid on March 6th, 2017, 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Jeremy wrote:I match with girls like that all day in the Philippines. Is it only because I'm still fairly young? I'd hate to think I'll be too old in a decade (when I finally have the funds to spend time there).
And in ten years things will really have gone to sh*t everywhere for sure, unless there's some major EMP event or something, better hurry up. Those of us here are getting the trailing end of it.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?