UPDATE: The Forum has been RESTORED! See announcement here. Welcome back everyone!
Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.
View Active Topics View Your Posts Latest 100 Topics FAQ Topics Mobile Theme
Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
I am waiting on a flight to Phuket/Patong Bch transfer here waiting in Bangkok Airport coming from India just now.
1) Western/imported diet is catching up to the girls here; Thai women are getting thicker (not all fat - even for WASP standards - just slightly more BMI and hip/buttock increase action). For a dude like me, I love it. Pinays (Filipinas) are getting skinnier. Yuck.
2) Airport food is pricey and on-par in price with Hong Kong Int'l Airport food. I just paid B490 for a fcukin' Double Whopper combo at Burger King. I haven't had red meat in a month so I Had to go postal and get it!!!!!! I think because of not having red meat for a month, my body's been detoxing these last few days like I'm shitting every 4 hours for the last 5 days. Good thing there's a toilet hose so pressurized that it blows sh.it out of your arse literally. AW could learn a thing or two if they had that in American bathrooms...better hygiene for certain.
3) They are mimicking U.S. Passport Control Centers at the airport. It used to be so easy to get through (still is but they are getting your face and prints now). 12 years when I was last here in Thailand, immigration wasn't that sophisticated. It was TLM6 paper, "how long are you staying here?", stamp, go about your way.
4) Since the King passed away, Thailand just seems "different" now. The vibe is more laid-back/less formal it seems so far. Then again: i haven't stepped outside of the Airport yet.
5) Sh*tload of gringos here: wow! Foreigners from all over Europe, mother Russia, mother Africa, UK, USA, Canada especially, you name it! There were some gringos here 12 years ago, but it's crazy now. It's like 33 percent Thai and 67 foreigners here at the airport. Quite a few east Indians are here now surprisingly....especially a lot of them came with me on my flight from India into Bangkok.
6) Asia does not care; they have flights 24/7 literally. In the USA, the last flight departure would be 12:01am and then it resumes 5/6am for depatures.....not Asia, flights are packed DEPARTING IN THE WE-HOURS OF THE MORNING. Airport vending stands DO NOT shut down. It was mindblowing. I flew out of India 1:15am this morning Indian standard time as if it were as packed as a US airport at 1:15pm!!!!
Bangkok airport (BKK) has wierd pricing. It's super expensive. Like it costs $50 for a lucky cat that costs $3 in China.
Thailand has changed a lot since I first went there with Rock, Everdred and Falcon in 2013. It's got a lot more expensive and it's also less fun.
There are lots of fatties in Thailand, and I mean super fatties. You hardly ever see them in China. I don't think it's a Western diet thing, it might be more a love of fried food and 7-11 stuff. Jeez I saw school kids who weigh more than I do.
I had fun in Thailand over the Summer but the bars were horrible. In one in Soi Nana they threw me out for not drinking my beer quickly enough. In another the stupid woman weighed my beer to see how much I had left. I left both places without leaving a tip. Heck the second place was only half full - wtf?
Thais and Chinese generally are pretty stupid I find. Today the police were driving on the wrong side of the road. I don't know why I'm teaching English. I'd do more good teaching road safety. Also a shop assistant chased me out of a store for going in the exit rather than the entrance. Well f*ck them I'll buy it for a lot less online anyway.
Thank you for replying even though I give you hell for being into ladyboys. At least you are big enough to go ahead and ignore that and still have civilized dialogue. That shows a lot about how stern you are in your character.
Furthermore, I am afraid that Thailand may be going down the tubes but gradually. I really like this country as a tourist. The super fattiness is great, but I think moral corruption is en route to its demise if that is worded correctly enough for you.