Philippines open again from Feb 10!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Philippines open again from Feb 10!

Post by publicduende »

https://www.rappler.com/business/philip ... y-10-2022/

Philippines opens borders for fully vaxxed tourists starting February 10

The Philippine government simplifies border control rules in favor of fully vaccinated individuals

MANILA, Philippines – The Philippines is easing border controls and is finally allowing tourists to enter the country.

Starting Tuesday, February 1, the Philippine government is temporarily suspending its risk classification list for countries, in favor of allowing fully vaccinated individuals to enter the country:
  • February 1 – Returning fully vaccinated Filipinos, regardless of where they come from
  • February 10 – Fully vaccinated foreigners from visa-free countries
Acting Presidential Spokesman and Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles said Friday, January 28, that foreigners could enter the Philippines for either tourism or business purposes.

Both returning Filipinos and foreigners who are fully vaccinated are no longer required to go through mandatory quarantine. They only need a negative RT-PCR test done within 48 hours before their departure from abroad.

Nograles also said that those who will still be undergoing quarantine by February 1 can “avail themselves of the new guidelines” and come home from quarantine facilities.

Since the pandemic started, the Philippines has shut its borders to tourists, and only foreigners with valid Philippine visas were allowed to enter. The Philippines was supposed to reopen in December 2021 but this was deferred due to the Omicron variant.

In the past, the Philippine Department of Tourism also eyed travel bubbles with other countries, but this plan did not prosper.

On Friday, Tourism Secretary Bernadette Puyat said it will closely monitor the situation on the ground and ensure that protocols are implemented in tourism establishments.

“We are confident that we will be able to keep pace with our ASEAN neighbors who have already made similar strides to reopen to foreign tourists,” said Puyat.

Requirements for fully vaccinated

The IATF Resolution No. 159 also states that travelers need to monitor themselves for seven days and subsequently report to the local government if they have symptoms.

International arriving passengers need to have their proof of vaccination against COVID-19. They can present either of the following:
  • World Health Organization international certificates of vaccination
  • The Philippines’ digital vaccination passport VaxCertPH
  • A vaccine certificate of a foreign government that has accepted VaxCertPH under a reciprocal agreement
Aside from this, the Philippine government said that foreign travelers must have a return ticket and a passport that is valid for at least six months at the time of arrival.

Rules for unvaccinated

Filipinos and foreigners who are unvaccinated, partially vaccinated, and whose status could not be independently validated need to take an RT-PCR test within 48 hours before departure.

They also need to go through facility-based quarantine for five days. After that, they need to undergo home quarantine until the 14th day from arrival.

Children below 12 years old who cannot be vaccinated will follow quarantine protocols of the accompanying adult traveling with them.

DOH: We’re past border control

Asked why the Department of Health approved of this recommendation, DOH Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said that the Philippines is already past border control measures.

Vergeire explained that according to the analysis of the Philippine Genome Center, returning overseas Filipinos were detected with Omicron variant BA.1. while the predominant in most regions in the country is the sub-lineage BA.2.

She also said that returning Filipinos have a lower incidence of testing positive from COVID-19 compared to local communities.

Vergeire also cited other experts: “It doesn’t make sense, because the transmission here in the Philippines is already high.”

“Dahil kung titignan ang ating four-door policy, ang pinaka-una doon is border control. Tapos na tayo do’n kasi ginagawa ‘yon to prevent the entry of Omicron variant. But now that there is already community transmission, we should move towards Doors 2, 3, and 4 kung sana papalakasin ang ating efforts and intervention sa community na po,” said Vergeire.

(If we look at our four-door policy, the very first door is border control. We are already past that because that was done to prevent the entry of Omicron variant. But now that there is already community transmission, we should move towards Doors 2, 3, and 4 where we need to strengthen our efforts and interventions in the community.)
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Philippines open again from Feb 10!

Post by Yohan »

We will see if this is all true on 10th February and later on....

We need to be sure some link to official websites to Philippine authorities and not only a newspaper clip.
Available and affordable air traffic is also a question...

To travel to Philippines is one side - but how to re-enter Japan is another question, still very restrictive about international travel.
Last edited by Yohan on January 29th, 2022, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Yohan wrote:
January 29th, 2022, 6:44 am
We will see if this is all true on 10th February and later on....

We need to be sure some link to official websites to Philippine authorities and not only a newspaper clip.
Rappler is quite a reputable news source, on factual information like this. I tend to like their opinion articles a lot less (they're funded by Pierre Omidyar, same side as Bill and Melinda, after all).
Yohan wrote:
January 29th, 2022, 6:44 am
Available ad affordable air traffic is also a question...

To travel to Philippines is one side - but how to re-enter Japan is another question, still very restrictive about international travel.
Well, one part of my prayer has been answered. My second part is about Japan...let's wait and see :-)
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

publicduende wrote:
January 29th, 2022, 10:43 am
My second part is about Japan...let's wait and see
Japan is now terrible because of these US-military bases, which were allowing people in from the States without any control.
It was starting in Okinawa/Camp Hansen and near Hiroshima/Iwakuni Airbase with thousands of infected US-military servicemen.

in Japan infection rate (of the delta variant) was down to less than 1000 people already and now, last count yesterday, there are 521,103 known to be positive again with the omicron.

However not many people are reported in serious condition and only a very few people died so far. Not the same as it was before with the delta-variant.

Some places report already since 2 days ago falling numbers, but still every day approx 80.000 new infections in all Japan are registered.
However we do not have any restrictions, can go out everywhere and any time, all open except some restaurants are closing early around 0800 PM.

Do not expect any opening for foreigners into Japan, and still despite there are only few airplanes every day around 100 to 300 arriving passengers are found positive and sent to quarantine, obviously no check before departure...
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

That ain't good enough. Don't go.
As international travelers with tourist bucks to spend we ought to demand more for ourselves.
Filipinos and foreigners who are unvaccinated, partially vaccinated, and whose status could not be independently validated need to take an RT-PCR test within 48 hours before departure.

They also need to go through facility-based quarantine for five days. After that, they need to undergo home quarantine until the 14th day from arrival.
And I wonder how much this "facility-based quarantine" is going to cost? Sounds like Thailand and Cambodia all over again.

Forget this shit. Don't go any place stating vax passports, "facility-based quarantine", or sticks inserted up your nose as a requirement. If they want your tourism they are going to have to do better than that. Hold off going, or go somewhere with saner policies in the meanwhile.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

flowerthief00 wrote:
January 30th, 2022, 9:03 am
Forget this shit. Don't go any place stating vax passports, "facility-based quarantine", or sticks inserted up your nose as a requirement. If they want your tourism they are going to have to do better than that. Hold off going, or go somewhere with saner policies in the meanwhile.
Yeah, have some self respect. If people want you dead they aren't your friends.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Yohan wrote:
January 29th, 2022, 8:33 pm
Japan is now terrible because of these US-military bases, which were allowing people in from the States without any control.
It was starting in Okinawa/Camp Hansen and near Hiroshima/Iwakuni Airbase with thousands of infected US-military servicemen.

in Japan infection rate (of the delta variant) was down to less than 1000 people already and now, last count yesterday, there are 521,103 known to be positive again with the omicron.

However not many people are reported in serious condition and only a very few people died so far. Not the same as it was before with the delta-variant.

Some places report already since 2 days ago falling numbers, but still every day approx 80.000 new infections in all Japan are registered.
However we do not have any restrictions, can go out everywhere and any time, all open except some restaurants are closing early around 0800 PM.

Do not expect any opening for foreigners into Japan, and still despite there are only few airplanes every day around 100 to 300 arriving passengers are found positive and sent to quarantine, obviously no check before departure...
I understand that the influx of American soldiers might bring in more cases but...at the end of the day, it's all Omicron now, which is a mild flu at worst. I really don't understand why governments are still counting "Covid cases", as if they ever had to count common cold cases and make up an emergency about it.

On the online version of Italy's most important newspaper, I read statements from our "scientists" saying that, for the unvaccinated, "Omicron is just as bad as Delta". Which I know is complete bullshit, and by personal experience.

As suspected, now that Covid is not even able to create serious health problems if it wanted to, the tide has lowered and it takes an extremely thick mind not to see that big government and "big science" have been swimming naked all the time. Just now that most European countries are doing away with vaccine and face mask mandates, Italy will introduce compulsory vaccination from 15 Feb.

In a couple of weeks, only vaccinated people will be able to turn up to work. Any work. The unvaccinated won't be allowed and considered absent, with relevant salary cut.

What I find extremely depressing is not the government's decision, it's that there's not a shroud of protest. As sheeple we lived, as sheeple we'll die.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

publicduende wrote:
January 30th, 2022, 3:45 pm
I understand that the influx of American soldiers might bring in more cases but...at the end of the day, it's all Omicron now, which is a mild flu at worst
Perhaps after you sages have sorted out the viral rankings you could settle vexed questions such as whether Catwoman could beat Spiderman in a fight.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Cornfed wrote:
January 30th, 2022, 3:56 pm
Perhaps after you sages have sorted out the viral rankings you could settle vexed questions such as whether Catwoman could beat Spiderman in a fight.
Well, that the Delta variant has been generally heavier than the Omicron is not a part of the Marvel universe. My point is more on: now that Covid has mutated away from anything remotely lethal or dangerous, what excuse will TPTB have to continue to enforce their mandates and "apartheid of the unvaccinated"?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

publicduende wrote:
January 30th, 2022, 4:45 pm

what excuse will TPTB have to continue to enforce their mandates and "apartheid of the unvaccinated"?
The same excuse that they have always had - none whatsoever. That hasn't been a problem for them so far. The fact that people are still going on about things that don't exist suggests it will continue to not being a problem.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Cornfed wrote:
January 30th, 2022, 4:51 pm
publicduende wrote:
January 30th, 2022, 4:45 pm

what excuse will TPTB have to continue to enforce their mandates and "apartheid of the unvaccinated"?
The same excuse that they have always had - none whatsoever. That hasn't been a problem for them so far. The fact that people are still going on about things that don't exist suggests it will continue to not being a problem.
Amen to that. I keep wondering when at least a significant amount of us will start realising we have been slowly boiling frogs for more than 2 years now.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

publicduende wrote:
January 30th, 2022, 3:45 pm
Yohan wrote:
January 29th, 2022, 8:33 pm

I understand that the influx of American soldiers might bring in more cases but...at the end of the day, it's all Omicron now, which is a mild flu at worst. I really don't understand why governments are still counting "Covid cases", as if they ever had to count common cold cases and make up an emergency about it.

On the online version of Italy's most important newspaper, I read statements from our "scientists" saying that, for the unvaccinated, "Omicron is just as bad as Delta". Which I know is complete bullshit, and by personal experience.

As suspected, now that Covid is not even able to create serious health problems if it wanted to, the tide has lowered and it takes an extremely thick mind not to see that big government and "big science" have been swimming naked all the time. Just now that most European countries are doing away with vaccine and face mask mandates, Italy will introduce compulsory vaccination from 15 Feb.

In a couple of weeks, only vaccinated people will be able to turn up to work. Any work. The unvaccinated won't be allowed and considered absent, with relevant salary cut.

What I find extremely depressing is not the government's decision, it's that there's not a shroud of protest. As sheeple we lived, as sheeple we'll die.
I've seen several videos of well-attended protests in Italy, for over a year now. I guess the govt thinks that if the dissent can be kept out of the corporate media -- and of course it will be -- then the tyranny can just slide right in.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

gsjackson wrote:
January 30th, 2022, 5:30 pm
I've seen several videos of well-attended protests in Italy, for over a year now. I guess the govt thinks that if the dissent can be kept out of the corporate media -- and of course it will be -- then the tyranny can just slide right in.
I have seen those videos too. The problem is that a few thousands, or tens or thousands, people spending a sunny Saturday crammed in a piazza, venting their frustration, is completely useless to end the tyranny. What the Canadian truck drivers are doing - paralysing the supply chain until the government gets the memo and does something about it - is what should always be done.

And here we have to sadly admit it: we Italians (and French, and Austrians) have lost the last ounce of testicular matter and will just continue to be jabbed and tracked. But hey, we have Netflix and we can still eat pizza! :|
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

publicduende wrote:
January 28th, 2022, 3:27 pm
Rules for unvaccinated

This video was published 2 days ago. Listen to at the 0:47 where the visa expert says that the only people who can enter unvaccinated are Filipinos, not foreigners.

-----

Favorite yick quote: "You are not my mate".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

kangarunner wrote:
February 1st, 2022, 12:54 am
This video was published 2 days ago. Listen to at the 0:47 where the visa expert says that the only people who can enter unvaccinated are Filipinos, not foreigners.
I have just checked this one: https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1166592 and you may be right (and Rappler wrong): as far as foreign tourists is concerned, there is no mention of the unvaccinated.

Thing is, most EU countries allow people who recovered from Covid to also have a Green Pass. Would this kind of status be accepted in the Philippines? No idea!