My 3.5 year experience in Cebu, Philippines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
amigo
Freshman Poster

My 3.5 year experience in Cebu, Philippines

Post by amigo »

on free dating sites, women were brutal. lots of prostitutes, always calling me a scammer in the first message

pay dating sites are better. this is what I get:
1. women send me 1 message calling me 'scammer'

2. women accuse me of being filipino

3. all they want to know is if I am with another woman, and if I say no, they call me a liar

4. they are judgemental. anything you say, they call you incompetant

5. they do not say anything other than hi

6. the are batshit crazy. conversation is crazed, for example a woman said I could kill stray animals by breaking their necks to get food.

7. they all describe themselves as a victim

when I was in the US, they all say "come to philippines", but when you come here, they all hate you

walking through the malls, the women turn their backs to me when they see me coming. they refuse to help me in the stores like Ace Hardware

my good experience is walking around the neighborhood. if you go to different family run restaurants, to eat, you will meet women.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

amigo
Freshman Poster

Re: my 3.5 year experience in cebu, philippines

Post by amigo »

and they never say anything nice. ask them to, and they will argue.

you will get thousands of messages on dating sites where they just say 'hi'
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

amigo wrote:
May 3rd, 2022, 10:45 pm
on free dating sites, women were brutal. lots of prostitutes, always calling me a scammer in the first message

pay dating sites are better. this is what I get:
1. women send me 1 message calling me 'scammer'

2. women accuse me of being filipino

3. all they want to know is if I am with another woman, and if I say no, they call me a liar

4. they are judgemental. anything you say, they call you incompetant

5. they do not say anything other than hi

6. the are batshit crazy. conversation is crazed, for example a woman said I could kill stray animals by breaking their necks to get food.

7. they all describe themselves as a victim

when I was in the US, they all say "come to philippines", but when you come here, they all hate you

walking through the malls, the women turn their backs to me when they see me coming. they refuse to help me in the stores like Ace Hardware

my good experience is walking around the neighborhood. if you go to different family run restaurants, to eat, you will meet women.
With a few exceptions, Filipinos and Filipinas will only give you the time of their day if they need something from you: they want to offer their services for a fee, they need a favour from you or, more often, they need a cash "loan" which have no intention whatsoever to repay.

Remember that their mentality towards foreigners is: he is a foreigner, just by existing and being here, he owes us something.

Vice-versa, if a man or a girl has no need for a foreigner, they will pretend we don't exist or treat you a lot less politely than their fellow Filipino, perhaps with the excuse that they can't understand what we say and they can't express themselves in correct English.

So, if you're a young "gwapo" (handsome) man strolling through the mall, expect a few single women to signal their interest in you quite strongly, almost aggressively (they will ask you directly "do you have a girlfriend in the Philippines", or "how much do you make"). If they are not single or you're a bit older and/or not so gwapo, you can't expect them to be friendly at all.

By the way, I have been living here for 7 years, continuously.
Alfredo Effect
Freshman Poster

Post by Alfredo Effect »

What do you look like exactly? Your looks and race. That matters quite a bit in the Philippines.
Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Re: My 3.5 year experience in Cebu, Philippines

Post by Jackfruits »

Yes they were always the victim of abusive men while the men were not giving their parents and her enough money to eat. One girl left her boyfriend as his business went bust and was only able to giver her family $300/m after 2 years giving her $1300/m
ComingSoon
Freshman Poster

Re: My 3.5 year experience in Cebu, Philippines

Post by ComingSoon »

I never had the type of experience you describe in the Philippines.

I am not very handsome, or tall, but not very fat. Im a 59 year old causation. In the last 6 years Ive spent about a year or more total in the Philippines. Haven't been since covid.

I have been to many islands from Coron to Batanes to Siargao and many place in between. The majority of women were very sweet to me and many flirt with me. I know they want something from me and I accept that. I want something from them and I usually get it. Yes there have been some gold diggers and of course most of them lie a lot. The majority were sweet and were happy with our arrangement.

Living there might change things. I know it would effect my attitude. About three months is about all I can take of their crazy culture.