The Philippines is a paradise for men

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The Philippines is a paradise for men.

Post by jamesbond »

Winston has loved living in the Philippines. :D

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Post by Jackfruits »

He is always in Angeles city
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
July 13th, 2022, 11:54 am
How is it a paradise for men when they fall right in line to the vaccine reSQUIREments of the actual West??? One of fellow members, Jester, recently died over this type of crap.
Holy shit, Jester died? That's so messed up, I had no idea. When did that happen? Poor guy. I always liked him as a poster, one of my favorite people to interact with on the forums, before his departure. So sad to hear of his death. :(
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
August 20th, 2022, 9:02 pm
How is it a paradise for men when they fall right in line to the vaccine reSQUIREments of the actual West??? One of fellow members, Jester, recently died over this type of crap.
Holy shit, Jester died? That's so messed up, I had no idea. When did that happen? Poor guy. I always liked him as a poster, one of my favorite people to interact with on the forums, before his departure. So sad to hear of his death. :(
A little over a month ago. You can find an obit thread that public duende started.

More messed up than you know. Jester was adamantly opposed to getting jabbed, but mistakenly thought he needed one to return to the U.S. Died of a heart attack 12 hours after the jab. The info came from a family member via Eurobrat. A real tragedy in so many ways.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

gsjackson wrote:
August 20th, 2022, 9:30 pm
MarcosZeitola wrote:
August 20th, 2022, 9:02 pm
A little over a month ago. You can find an obit thread that public duende started.

More messed up than you know. Jester was adamantly opposed to getting jabbed, but mistakenly thought he needed one to return to the U.S. Died of a heart attack 12 hours after the jab. The info came from a family member via Eurobrat. A real tragedy in so many ways.
I'll try to find the obituary thread right away. He was a good man. I didn't hear from him for years but took comfort in the knowledge that he was out there living his best life, probably establishing some sort of little harem as he always said he would. Making his final years count. I truly hope he did make them count, and had a blast before he keeled over. Quite a guy. Real sorry to see him pass away.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
August 20th, 2022, 9:40 pm
I'll try to find the obituary thread right away.
viewtopic.php?style=21&f=5&t=45511

Note that Jester was apparently a booze hound and otherwise didn't take care of his health, which probably was the real cause of his early demise, contrary to what some frightened old woman masquerading as a man says.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Shemp wrote:
August 21st, 2022, 8:01 am
Note that Jester was apparently a booze hound and otherwise didn't take care of his health, which probably was the real cause of his early demise, contrary to what some frightened old woman masquerading as a man says.
The way I heard it, he was in good health. From some of the last photos of him I saw, he had lost a lot of weight and had a big smile on his face.

Got the jab, 12 hours later he was dead.

Regardless of your position towards (or against) Covid conspiracies, those jabs have killed quite a few people over in Europe (including Italy, too) and, unlike the virus, all of them were relatively young and perfectly healthy people.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

ladislav wrote:
June 14th, 2022, 8:20 am
The Philippines is a paradise for men.
I felt that way, once. Now I don't feel that way any longer. The Philippines is amazing as a holiday destination, as some place one has fond memories of, and misses deeply. Some place to long for when you're living life, slaving away in whatever country you hail from. A week, a month, or two, it's great. Best thing ever. But a year, two years? Couldn't do it, man. Yes, I have, and yes I had good times.

But @Winston made this observation once that struck with me: "The Philippines drains all a man's desire to build and create things and be productive." And it's true; it sort of, lulls you to sleep. Keeps you satisfied with sunshine, cheap thrills, trips to resorts and beaches. It's nice... but it's a retired man's lifestyle. I find that I simply cannot enjoy it as much as I'd like. And it's too costly, too, to truly enjoy it. The Philippines isn't as cheap as some people make it out to be, not if you like things a little more high class, a little more tasty, a little better quality.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
October 11th, 2022, 10:54 am
ladislav wrote:
June 14th, 2022, 8:20 am
The Philippines is a paradise for men.
I felt that way, once. Now I don't feel that way any longer. The Philippines is amazing as a holiday destination, as some place one has fond memories of, and misses deeply. Some place to long for when you're living life, slaving away in whatever country you hail from.

A week, a month, or two, it's great. Best thing ever. But a year, two years? Couldn't do it, man. Yes, I have, and yes I had good times.

But @Winston made this observation once that struck with me: "The Philippines drains all a man's desire to build and create things and be productive." And it's true; it sort of, lulls you to sleep. Keeps you satisfied with sunshine, cheap thrills, trips to resorts and beaches. It's nice... but it's a retired man's lifestyle. I find that I simply cannot enjoy it as much as I'd like. And it's too costly, too, to truly enjoy it.

The Philippines isn't as cheap as some people make it out to be, not if you like things a little more high class, a little more tasty, a little better quality.
I agree with all what Marcos writes here with his comment and I made similar comments in the past.

It's not only about Philippines, but about other countries like Thailand or Cambodia as well.

I can only advice men from Western countries NEVER to bring all their savings into such countries and to believe now they are in a paradise for life.

I know about too many Western men who went bankrupt, divorced, became sick and lost all their money for medical treatment, were badly cheated by women and their family members and in some cases either left penniless back to the country they came from, or were ending up alone and became alcoholics, some ending up even committing suicide.

About Thailand, Philippines, Cambodia, Malaysia etc. I can say about myself, it is nice to be there - especially if you do not like cold winter time - for a few months, but after you don't know what to do all day.

Like myself, many European people I met are either retired or do seasonal work, (especially those from Scandinavia), they often bought their own condo unit and bring their own money, stay a while for long holiday and after they are gone back.

Many of them work something for at least 7 months a year in their own countries to keep all social benefits (like health insurance, retirement insurance), save up some money and stay abroad not over half a year (less than 180 days is critical to qualify as a tourist, but also as a resident of your own Western country to keep a permanent address there)

About Philippines, as Marcos correctly noticed, this is NOT such a cheap country if you are looking for some comfortable life as a foreigner.

Do not ask me how much money I spend when I am visiting my Filipina forsterdaughter in Cebu - and how much money I spent in the past for her food, medical treatment, housing, school - and what I gave away for other poor people - and of course also what I spend for myself for good accommodation, some good restaurants, also transportation (airplanes and ferries, taxis) as this country has no other connection between its many islands, no bridges, no underwater tunnels. Also many places are not safe to go, you have to be careful to avoid criminality ....Entrance fees for resorts - they ask you to pay for all and everything - and so on and so on. - However I never stay for more than 3 to 4 weeks in Philippines and not more than 2 months in Thailand in my own rooms.

Be aware, the Philippines is NOT a paradise for men - unlike you are really rich, or at least have a regular working contract with a foreign company and need not to care about your financial situation. However really rich people can live everywhere, no need to choose Philippines, Thailand or such countries.
Last edited by Yohan on October 11th, 2022, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Post by Jackfruits »

i was spending $2500-3000/m in Cebu city, i think i can do on a budget $2000-2500/m in PH whereas in BKK, Asoke I stayed in a 4 star hotel and lived a luxury life and ate daily in a luxury hotel's restaurant such as Radisson, etc on 2500-3000/m whereas in PH it was a rather basic lifestyle. Im not poor but really cant understand people saying you can easily live in manila for 1000-1500/m as a semi king, maybe 10+ y ago but not now. For a normal life in cebu I was paying 2500-3000 and for manila I think you could do it for 3k/m though I spend 4500 over 3 weeks. If you are a pensioner and want to live on a 1000-1500/m you are staying in some stinking shack in the outskirts of the city. Actually in Asia I would only rate Japan and SG more expensive. So yes Taiwan, China and all other countries are even cheaper than PH
Last edited by Jackfruits on October 11th, 2022, 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Jackfruits wrote:
October 11th, 2022, 4:57 pm
i was spending $2500-3000/m in Cebu city, i think i can do on a budget $2000-2500/m in PH whereas in BKK, Asoke I stayed in a 4 star hotel and lived a luxury life and ate daily in a luxury hotel's restaurant such as Radisson, etc on 2500-3000/m whereas in PH it was a rather basic lifestyle.
Yes, true, everything related to accommodation is cheaper in Thailand than in Philippines. Regardless if you choose to stay in hotels, serviced apartments, rent a house for long-stay, or if you buy your own condominium.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

NEWSFLASH
Thailand is Cheap (Less Expensive)!

BYOM!
Bring Your Own Money and/or Remote work from your Western Country. The pay rate sucks in Thailand. I was living like a king with less than $1000 a month.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Jackfruits wrote:
October 11th, 2022, 4:57 pm
....Actually in Asia I would only rate Japan and SG more expensive. So yes Taiwan, China and all other countries are even cheaper than PH
South Korea is also anything else but a cheap place and HongKong too. More expensive than Philippines for sure.

But it's not only about pricing, it's also about how the country looks like. It cannot be denied, that large areas of Philippines are either unsafe for foreigners and often for Filipinos too (like parts in the South) and often not so small parts around the cities are nothing but a slum.

In Japan, where I am living since decades, it depends really where you are. Life in the large cities like Tokyo, Osaka, Fukuoka is terribly overpriced for rent and sale of any accommodation.
But as a foreigner, if you live and have to work, there are hardly any jobs for you outside of that area.

Now retired, we are living in Okayama/Kurashiki (not so small about 1.2 million people and also a rather wide area, but by far not so densely populated and a lot of greenery around) and real estate prices (everything from cheapest rent up to buy a large condo or house etc.) are around 3 to 4 times cheaper than in these large cities.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Jonny Law wrote:
October 11th, 2022, 5:12 pm
Bring Your Own Money and/or Remote work from your Western Country. The pay rate sucks in Thailand. I was living like a king with less than $1000 a month.
USD 1000,- is around baht 38.000,-

Of course many Thai people earn less than that amount. But as a foreigner, yes, you can live with that - if you rent one room for 1 person, living alone, don't waste money in expensive restaurants, don't waste money for night life, don't have your own car, don't have any medical issue...

It's OK, but I would not call it a life like a king.

Average financial requirement for foreigners, for long-stay, by immigration rules is considered to be baht 65.000,- (around USD 1.700,-) monthly - of course you need not to spend it all, but you should have it ready for immediate use in your banking account.

I spend about while in Thailand around baht 90.000,- a month, around USD 2.400,- (I have my own rooms, no rent, but there are maintenance fees for staff, repairings, electricity, elevators and the large private swimming pool in the condo building costs also a lot to keep it in good condition etc.)
Last edited by Yohan on October 11th, 2022, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Post by Jackfruits »

Jonny Law wrote:
October 11th, 2022, 5:12 pm
NEWSFLASH
Thailand is Cheap (Less Expensive)!

BYOM!
chiang mai? yes that's a cheap place