Old Foreigner in the Phillipines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Old Foreigner in the Phillipines

Post by MrPeabody »

I have watching this site called "Old Foreigner". This guy was married to a filipina. He has sworn to tell the truth about the philippines and says it is mostly a scam.

Here is some videos

What happens if you refuse to support your filipinas family?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inu_lan9l-g

Most filipinas have a primal, tribal, family group mentality that can't be removed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u1JM6KgjEc

Can you trust your filipina?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdxBgMVVKHo
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Old Foreigner in the Phillipines

Post by MarcosZeitola »

A fool and his money are easily parted.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
August 11th, 2023, 12:38 am
Well I thought the Philippines is a paradise, but I was wrong.. SO many people end up disappointed even Winston himself. :(
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
August 11th, 2023, 6:56 am
MarcosZeitola wrote:
Well I thought the Philippines is a paradise, but I was wrong.. SO many people end up disappointed even Winston himself. :(
It's a tough world. If you show your needs, you end up attracting vultures.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

MrPeabody wrote:
August 11th, 2023, 8:08 am
MarcosZeitola wrote:
It seems that many people in this website got "burned" or grew "disillusioned" by the Philippines, yet they still live there. :?
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

August 11th, 2023, 8:20 am
MrPeabody wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:
It seems that many people in this website got "burned" or grew "disillusioned" by the Philippines, yet they still live there. :?
I call the Philipppines the elephant graveyard. It is the last station for many old guys because everywhere else is even worse. I know 2 young guys who wanted to go away from AC in the PH to Colombia but they went back to the Ph very fast.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

galii wrote:
August 11th, 2023, 8:28 am
MrPeabody wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:
I call the Philipppines the elephant graveyard. It is the last station for many old guys because everywhere else is even worse. I know 2 young guys who wanted to go away from AC in the PH to Colombia but they went back to the Ph very fast.
That's interesting. So Colombia is even worse? What was their story?

It seems that it should be possible to find an honest woman in one of these countries. But the reality is that it is damn difficult. And if you are a foreigner you attract vultures who see you as a comodity and a source of income. The honest women tend to stay away from you and stick with their own. It's really a hard nut to crack and you have to have your head clear and free from delusions. Most of these men are full of delusions including me.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

MrPeabody wrote:
August 11th, 2023, 8:39 am
That's interesting. So Colombia is even worse? What was their story?

It seems that it should be possible to find an honest woman in one of these countries. But the reality is that it is damn difficult. And if you are a foreigner you attract vultures who see you as a comodity and a source of income. The honest women tend to stay away from you and stick with their own. It's really a hard nut to crack and you have to have your head clear and free from delusions. Most of these men are full of delusions including me.
I think that it's certainly feasible to find an honest woman and then enjoy a genuine relationship with her in Latin America. It's just that the probability of that depends on your own circumstances and how you go about it.

If you go to a city infested with (s)expats, hang around mostly with (s)expats, speak little or no Spanish, and make no effort to learn about or integrate into the local culture, then you're most likely going to attract vultures who see you as a commodity and seek to extract whatever benefits they can from you. Remember that there is a subset of women who specifically target tourists and foreign (s)expats in search of their next meal ticket.

However, if you relocate to a city where there are very few tourists or (s)expats, don't act like a (s)expat yourself, speak fluent Spanish and have a certain level of cultural savvy, you can certainly meet a simple and honest Latina who is serious about marriage and isn't looking for a foreign man to begin with but who might be willing to go out with you if you appear serious enough. You have to look the part and not come across as a hedonistic sex tourist in any way (otherwise you only appeal to the vultures).

My philosophy pertaining to HA and relocation is to take the narrow path. Don't go where all of the (s)expats and tourists go (e.g., Medellín). Instead go to a smaller and less well-known city far away from all of that.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Honestly, there's hardly a place in the world where one wouldn't get burned out or tired of at some point. Which is why it's better to travel around, live part of the year here, part of the year there, and sort of move between places, getting the best of multiple worlds and cultures. A more or less nomadic existence with several places one may call home may be where it's at.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Lucas88 wrote:
August 11th, 2023, 9:31 am

I think that it's certainly feasible to find an honest woman and then enjoy a genuine relationship with her in Latin America. It's just that the probability of that depends on your own circumstances and how you go about it.
I agree with avoiding the heavy expat locations. Unfortunetly, Medellin has been totally ruined. I speak Spanish. I was thinking of Argentina because it's too far away for most expats.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

MrPeabody wrote:
August 11th, 2023, 10:30 am
Lucas88 wrote:
August 11th, 2023, 9:31 am

I agree with avoiding the heavy expat locations. Unfortunetly, Medellin has been totally ruined. I speak Spanish. I was thinking of Argentina because it's too far away for most expats.
Argentina is a good choice because expats are scared off by the high inflation, and there are lot of pretty/decent white women there.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

MrPeabody wrote:
I think that most places in Latin America would be fine as long as there are very few expats and sex tourists stinking up the joint. @publicduende once mentioned that Argentina and Chile are the least Americanized Latin American countries and even serve as a bridge to the Old World and so they might be among the best options for somebody who wants to get as far away as possible from US "culture", but I honestly believe that somebody with your goals would do just fine in any one of the smaller and less beaten cities in Colombia, Ecuador, Peru or Brazil. The key is to avoid anywhere too crowded with expats. Medellín especially is now overly gentrified to the point where many locals are getting pissed off at the invading expats.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Lucas88 wrote:
August 11th, 2023, 11:05 am
MrPeabody wrote:
I think that most places in Latin America would be fine as long as there are very few expats and sex tourists stinking up the joint. @publicduende once mentioned that Argentina and Chile are the least Americanized Latin American countries and even serve as a bridge to the Old World and so they might be among the best options for somebody who wants to get as far away as possible from US "culture", but I honestly believe that somebody with your goals would do just fine in any one of the smaller and less beaten cities in Colombia, Ecuador, Peru or Brazil. The key is to avoid anywhere too crowded with expats. Medellín especially is now overly gentrified to the point where many locals are getting pissed off at the invading expats.
I heard Argentina has good beef, women, and people are friendly there. But they are suffering from crazy inflation and crime(Not as bad as Brazil's). I don't know if anyone here been to Argentina?

My Colombian friends/acquistances said Colombian women are hot tempered, greedy little c*nts due to a degree of "Americanization". Although the food, weather and architecture is colorful and good. Colombians in my opinion are hot tempered and some are money hungry although they are friendly people. :D
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

There's a saying...it goes like this: "The people that know, don't talk. And the people that talk, don't know."

Completely disagree with everyone saying don't go to Medellin. I was literally in Colombia for 6 months this year from February to July. First of all, it's a huge city and the surrounding areas including make 4 million people. I was there and I did not stick out like a dumb tourist. I blended in with other local Colombian people. And they were very friendly to me except for one older woman who was a bitch at a hotel. Medellin does get old, the women are overrated there although there are many hot ones. I agree that it's best to go to other cities in Colombia.

Yes, there's a steretype of the gringo. But if you behave respectfully, they will return respect.

If you really want to live in Colombia you just need 2 things. 1) Speak Spanish fluently 2) Remove your foreign-dude factor and want to be a part of the culture.

It's f***ing funny. I don't even fit into my own country. or even my own hometown. They look at me weird. No one talks to me. Everywhere else in the world I go to, people are friendly with me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

kangarunner wrote:
August 11th, 2023, 11:55 am
There's a saying...it goes like this: "The people that know, don't talk. And the people that talk, don't know."

Completely disagree with everyone saying don't go to Medellin. I was literally in Colombia for 6 months this year from February to July. First of all, it's a huge city and the surrounding areas including make 4 million people. I was there and I did not stick out like a dumb tourist. I blended in with other local Colombian people. And they were very friendly to me except for one older woman who was a bitch at a hotel. Medellin does get old, the women are overrated there although there are many hot ones. I agree that it's best to go to other cities in Colombia.

Yes, there's a steretype of the gringo. But if you behave respectfully, they will return respect.

If you really want to live in Colombia you just need 2 things. 1) Speak Spanish fluently 2) Remove your foreign-dude factor and want to be a part of the culture.

It's f***ing funny. I don't even fit into my own country. or even my own hometown. They look at me weird. No one talks to me. Everywhere else in the world I go to, people are friendly with me.
I have seen your videos on Medellin. People seems to be more alive and friendly there. But I agree that you have to be immersed in the culture and learn to live like a native. The Colombians I met were in the U.S and it seems that their life/soul has also been partially sucked out due to the American matrix. The reason they have not become another cold gringo bastards is that they live in their own community with other Spanish speaking people. I find, Colombians in America, most of them still retain their friendly demeanor but they became money grubbing and greedy thanks to years in America icy Hellhole.