The PH is better than TH.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

The PH is better than TH.

Post by ladislav »

The PH is better if you are a white or a black guy. TH is better if you are an E Asian guy.

Thailand is a lot more racist and xenophobic than the Philippines. If you are a white or a black guy, Thailand is OK for vacation, but staying there long term starts affecting you. There are all kinds of microagressions against you and they wear you down.

Thais as a rule, do not feel comfortable around non Oriental people. Some do, and some are nice, but most do not. So, with exceptions , most of which are ethnic Khmers or Lao, it is not easy to make friends with them. They were never colonized and are just not used to whites, blacks etc. Some of them just try and avoid you outright. Same as the Japanese or Koreans do.

Some really hate out for racial reasons but they smile so you are not aware of it. But then you start to realize it. Filipinos otoh, are used to seeing all kinds of races, and almost every extended family has someone married to a non Filipino. Making friends with different races is normal to a Filipino. But many Thais find people of other races weird, and try to ignore them. It makes you feel alienated.
Also, Filipinos speak English and are Christians. That creates a lot of things in common. Thais are Buddhists and most do not speak English. And when you learn the language, you start hearing the mocking comments and understanding them. Many Thais constantly mock and make fun of whites, blacks and Indians.

Filipinos also occasionally do it, but it is not as frequent. They see you as a human being more. Many high or middle class Thais do not like white people. They see them as a threat to their hegemony over the country and the large underclass. Even their health minister said that white people spread the virus.

High class Filipinos are much less so. Yes, sometimes they also sit around talking s..t about Amerikanos, but way less than the Thais. It is a shame for a Thai woman to be seen with a white, black or other non Oriental. Especially if she has education. It can also happen in the PH, but it is way less frowned upon.

So, yes, Filipinos can also be racist sometimes, but degree wise and frequency wise, it is maybe like 10% of Thailand.
Then, the immigration and visas are much stricter in Thailand. If you leave your house for even one day and go to another province, you need to show up with your landlord at the immigration the following day and report. And you need to report to immigration every three months. Long terms visas are very hard and very expensive. And you need to carry your passport on you at all times.

The Thais are way more class conscious, they look at the clothes you wear, the place you live in, and if you are not upper middle class or rich, they often look down on you. In the PH, if you are not rich, it is OK. If you dress modestly, it is OK. In Thailand, if you want to marry a girl, you need to pay a bride price to the family. It can be tens of thousands of dollars even.

Three things are better in Thailand:

1. The infrastructure 2. The quality of services ( if they do not run away from you) 3. The food. The rest is better in the PH.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The PH is better than TH.

Post by publicduende »

Thanks a lot for the great insight, @ladislav. Can you confirm something I heard from several fellow expats who have been living in Thailand for a few years?

They unironically stated that Thailand is now "as expensive as London". While I am sure this doesn't extend to all corners of daily living, perhaps only high-end housing and quality imported stuff, the fact even relatively well-off expats (e.g. crypto traders) complain means they feel the pinch, especially compared to life in the Philippines or Vietnam.

If that's the case, is the better infrastructure and the better cuisine worth paying the price for?
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

ladislav wrote:
September 24th, 2023, 3:25 pm
The PH is better if you are a white or a black guy. TH is better if you are an E Asian guy.

Thailand is a lot more racist and xenophobic than the Philippines. If you are a white or a black guy, Thailand is OK for vacation, but staying there long term starts affecting you. There are all kinds of microagressions against you and they wear you down.

Thais as a rule, do not feel comfortable around non Oriental people. Some do, and some are nice, but most do not. So, with exceptions , most of which are ethnic Khmers or Lao, it is not easy to make friends with them. They were never colonized and are just not used to whites, blacks etc. Some of them just try and avoid you outright. Same as the Japanese or Koreans do.

Some really hate out for racial reasons but they smile so you are not aware of it. But then you start to realize it. Filipinos otoh, are used to seeing all kinds of races, and almost every extended family has someone married to a non Filipino. Making friends with different races is normal to a Filipino. But many Thais find people of other races weird, and try to ignore them. It makes you feel alienated.
Also, Filipinos speak English and are Christians. That creates a lot of things in common. Thais are Buddhists and most do not speak English. And when you learn the language, you start hearing the mocking comments and understanding them. Many Thais constantly mock and make fun of whites, blacks and Indians.

Filipinos also occasionally do it, but it is not as frequent. They see you as a human being more. Many high or middle class Thais do not like white people. They see them as a threat to their hegemony over the country and the large underclass. Even their health minister said that white people spread the virus.

High class Filipinos are much less so. Yes, sometimes they also sit around talking s..t about Amerikanos, but way less than the Thais. It is a shame for a Thai woman to be seen with a white, black or other non Oriental. Especially if she has education. It can also happen in the PH, but it is way less frowned upon.

So, yes, Filipinos can also be racist sometimes, but degree wise and frequency wise, it is maybe like 10% of Thailand.
Then, the immigration and visas are much stricter in Thailand. If you leave your house for even one day and go to another province, you need to show up with your landlord at the immigration the following day and report. And you need to report to immigration every three months. Long terms visas are very hard and very expensive. And you need to carry your passport on you at all times.

The Thais are way more class conscious, they look at the clothes you wear, the place you live in, and if you are not upper middle class or rich, they often look down on you. In the PH, if you are not rich, it is OK. If you dress modestly, it is OK. In Thailand, if you want to marry a girl, you need to pay a bride price to the family. It can be tens of thousands of dollars even.

Three things are better in Thailand:

1. The infrastructure 2. The quality of services ( if they do not run away from you) 3. The food. The rest is better in the PH.
You honestly can't fault them for this, seriously what do you people expect? Whites are self hating dumbasses that promote cuckoldry everywhere they f***ing go. They'll marry an Asian woman just to see if they can get her to be like their white women "Honey can you get a spade tattoo so I can watch you get "BLACKED?" all the white girls are doing it. You Asian girls need to do it to!"

And Blacks are just a bunch of whiny ass failures and bitches always complaining about how racist the world is toward them like they are so accepting of others themselves. I don't see Africans throwing out the welcoming mat for everybody to just move right in and for years Blacks were violent toward Asians in the U.S. But the Leftist want it to be whites doing it so they can benefit off of it.

People don't have to accept you if they don't want to. At least the Thai's aren't dumb enough to let their country get taken over by outsiders like every other Asian country is going to end up doing once Europe and the West are fully under Black, Islamic, and Latino rule. I can already see the Japanese and Koreans giving up their country to a black or Islamic invasion because Japan have a bunch of stupid f**k White liberals already over there preaching to them about "tolerance". If I were the Thai's I would be racist toward the self destructive fuckers too. Forced "Tolerance" is why all the White nations are currently being destroyed. Sometimes you have to be racist toward people, too much acceptance can lead to your own damn demise.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

ladislav wrote:

Thailand is a lot more racist and xenophobic than the Philippines.
@ladislav I want anyone who reads what this guy says to take it with a grain of salt. He's an older man in his 60s and his thinking and belief system is outdated and obsolete. Laddy literally has no idea that times change and cultural attitudes change. He has no idea how the younger generation of Thais are much more open-minded than the older generation of Thais.

Stand down old mate. It's time for you to retire Laddy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Epsilon99
Freshman Poster

Post by Epsilon99 »

kangarunner wrote:
September 24th, 2023, 5:45 pm
ladislav wrote:

Thailand is a lot more racist and xenophobic than the Philippines.
@ladislav I want anyone who reads what this guy says to take it with a grain of salt. He's an older man in his 60s and his thinking and belief system is outdated and obsolete. Laddy literally has no idea that times change and cultural attitudes change. He has no idea how the younger generation of Thais are much more open-minded than the older generation of Thais.

Stand down old mate. It's time for you to retire Laddy.
So he's basically your typical close-minded boomer who thinks that he knows everything. I'll make sure to avoid his posts from now on.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

@ladislav you forgot one of the worst issues of Thailand... the language. It's horrible sounding. Tagalog/Ilokano/Bisaya has a lovely little sing-songy quality to it, it sounds nice to listen to, friendly, welcoming. Whereas Thai sounds like the giant shrimp alien creatures from the Sci-Fi movie "District 9" conversing. :lol: It's a deeply unpleasant thing for me to listen to somehow. Easily the worst language of Asia, hands down. Kind of like Dutch in Europe lol.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
September 24th, 2023, 11:26 pm
@ladislav you forgot one of the worst issues of Thailand... the language. It's horrible sounding. Tagalog/Ilokano/Bisaya has a lovely little sing-songy quality to it, it sounds nice to listen to, friendly, welcoming. Whereas Thai sounds like the giant shrimp alien creatures from the Sci-Fi movie "District 9" conversing. :lol: It's a deeply unpleasant thing for me to listen to somehow. Easily the worst language of Asia, hands down. Kind of like Dutch in Europe lol.
Your illustration was really funny. I checked out Reddit to see what languages people consider ugly. Thai and Vietnamese were both on the list. I found this:
Vietnamese sounds like two hens going at it with the most nasally sounding cockles. It's all, "bock, bock, bock, bock, bawwwwwk! Bawwwwwwk!" to me.

Then the Filipinos with Tagalog sound all "tapioca, tapioca, tata, pipi, tapi, tapio, piopio, pioca, pioca, tapioca" to me.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comm ... e_in_your/
I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time. By the way, what do you think of Russian?
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

publicduende wrote:
September 24th, 2023, 4:25 pm
Thanks a lot for the great insight, @ladislav. Can you confirm something I heard from several fellow expats who have been living in Thailand for a few years?

They unironically stated that Thailand is now "as expensive as London". While I am sure this doesn't extend to all corners of daily living, perhaps only high-end housing and quality imported stuff, the fact even relatively well-off expats (e.g. crypto traders) complain means they feel the pinch, especially compared to life in the Philippines or Vietnam.

If that's the case, is the better infrastructure and the better cuisine worth paying the price for?
At least the condo prices and rents are very cheap. I watched on youtube some beachfront in Jomtien in Pattaya. They are really cheap compared to even cheap countries.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

galii wrote:
September 25th, 2023, 12:21 am
I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time. By the way, what do you think of Russian?
I kind of have this association of Russian with sounding badass for some reason, probably part of the whole Cold War movies I watched as a kid growing up in which Russian dudes were always the bad guys and portrayed as super tough and dangerous? I definitely don't hate Russian as a language, and find it more pleasant to listen to than a fair number of other languages, although it doesn't stand out as particularly lovely to listen to either.

Mostly I just really despise Thai for some reason lol. Those Reddit people are on-point. Thai sounds irritating, whereas Filipino languages sound mostly funny and whimsical to me. :lol:
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
September 25th, 2023, 12:32 am
galii wrote:
September 25th, 2023, 12:21 am
I kind of have this association of Russian with sounding badass for some reason, probably part of the whole Cold War movies I watched as a kid growing up in which Russian dudes were always the bad guys and portrayed as super tough and dangerous? I definitely don't hate Russian as a language, and find it more pleasant to listen to than a fair number of other languages, although it doesn't stand out as particularly lovely to listen to either.

Mostly I just really despise Thai for some reason lol. Those Reddit people are on-point. Thai sounds irritating, whereas Filipino languages sound mostly funny and whimsical to me. :lol:
Yes I agree Russian is macho language.

Здравствуйте (zdrastvuyte) - hello

I read that the Russians gave the Finns all the vowels and the Finns gave the Russians all the consonants.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
September 24th, 2023, 5:21 pm
You honestly can't fault them for this, seriously what do you people expect? Whites are self hating dumbasses that promote cuckoldry everywhere they f***ing go. They'll marry an Asian woman just to see if they can get her to be like their white women "Honey can you get a spade tattoo so I can watch you get "BLACKED?" all the white girls are doing it. You Asian girls need to do it to!"

And Blacks are just a bunch of whiny ass failures and bitches always complaining about how racist the world is toward them like they are so accepting of others themselves. I don't see Africans throwing out the welcoming mat for everybody to just move right in and for years Blacks were violent toward Asians in the U.S. But the Leftist want it to be whites doing it so they can benefit off of it.

People don't have to accept you if they don't want to. At least the Thai's aren't dumb enough to let their country get taken over by outsiders like every other Asian country is going to end up doing once Europe and the West are fully under Black, Islamic, and Latino rule. I can already see the Japanese and Koreans giving up their country to a black or Islamic invasion because Japan have a bunch of stupid f**k White liberals already over there preaching to them about "tolerance". If I were the Thai's I would be racist toward the self destructive fuckers too. Forced "Tolerance" is why all the White nations are currently being destroyed. Sometimes you have to be racist toward people, too much acceptance can lead to your own damn demise.
You know that Thais themselves are not much to talk about, when it comes to the virtues we Westerners allegedly lack?

Thais are, put simply, the Chinese's poor cousins. The fact that they have never been formally colonised, mainly because the French, the Dutch and the British implicitly agreed to have a buffer zone between their respective colonial settlements, doesn't mean they are heroic, brave and incorruptible.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

publicduende wrote:
September 25th, 2023, 2:01 am
You know that Thais themselves are not much to talk about, when it comes to the virtues we Westerners allegedly lack?

Thais are, put simply, the Chinese's poor cousins. The fact that they have never been formally colonised, mainly because the French, the Dutch and the British implicitly agreed to have a buffer zone between their respective colonial settlements, doesn't mean they are heroic, brave and incorruptible.
I do wonder about the whole 'ladyboy' phenomenon that the Thai basically invented. They're the original degenerates, ahead of the curve, and doing the whole tranny thing before it properly caught on in the West. There are so many running jokes urging Western sexpats to "double check" whenever going out with a Thai lady because the lady may, in fact, be a lad in disguise. It's kind of rich for such a culture of notorious perverts to attacks the West on matters of morality. They're birds of a feather, if anything.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
September 25th, 2023, 2:15 am
publicduende wrote:

I do wonder about the whole 'ladyboy' phenomenon that the Thai basically invented. They're the original degenerates, ahead of the curve, and doing the whole tranny thing before it properly caught on in the West. There are so many running jokes urging Western sexpats to "double check" whenever going out with a Thai lady because the lady may, in fact, be a lad in disguise. It's kind of rich for such a culture of notorious perverts to attacks the West on matters of morality. They're birds of a feather, if anything.
Plus the rural dogs are out of control.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
I think the Western imagination has been running wild for decades, at the idea of this exotic land when every teenager, boy or girl, is free from the chains of Christian morality and can have steamy sex with any white foreigner daring enough to venture. This might have been in the 60s and 70s, maybe part of the 80s, and only in the deep rural areas where not much else would happen, if people didn't f**k like rabbits.

Let's not forget that, before the much-hated President Shinawatra who had the guts to clean up the act and create no-taxation zones for foreign firms, Thailand was a self-referential drug-infested shithole, a playground for the rich and hell for everyone else (much, much worse than PH).

The whole ladyboy thing...I remember having a chat girl friend from Thailand back when I was living in London, who spoke good English. I asked her a lot of stuff about their culture. Apparently the idea of the female spirit in a male body is something even contemplated by their religion. I wouldn't go as far as saying that transgenderism is celebrated in Thailand, but it's seen as a fact of life. They have boys, girls, and ladyboys. Of course the same skinny, hairless Thai boy, on HRT and sexy clothing, may just look like a stunning girl.

And even "double checking" might not be enough. The quality of sex change surgeons in Thailand is so good that you just can't find any anatomical differences from a surgically recreated vagina and a normal one, also considering the public hair hiding any imperfection. The only thing that can save the horny foreigner is a DNA test, LOL
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
publicduende wrote:

You make it sound like Thailand was the first to have trans people, they aren't. The West is the one globally promoting LBGTQ, I don't see Thais doing that. The West is pushing it on EVERY damn country in the world. They even forced the Japanese to allow gay marriage. So in a way, they actually can judge the West regardless if they have a bunch of trans people over there. In fact Thailand and the Philippines both have a lot of trans people, but again its the West that's globally promoting it.

Return to “Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand”