Video: Guy Buys Wife from a Bar in the Philippines, He Gets More Than He Paid For

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: video: Buys Wife From a Bar in The Philippines, He Gets More Than He Paid For

Post by Yohan »

I agree to everything what this man says in this video,
the story he is telling about another man who even lost his life with a Filipina bargirl is a bit extreme, this man did really everything wrong.
A typical yellow fever case....

I know similar horror stories too, about Western men in Thailand, these men however were not attacked and did not lost their life, but lost more or less just everything else.

If you read back many of my own comments in this forum, you will notice, that I always said, please inform yourself about the legal situation (which is somehow similar in Philippines and Thailand).

If you consider a long-term relationship in these 2 countries and if you think you found the right one:

Just my opinion - a summary see below:

1 - no minor age girl, must be 20+
2 - no bargirl (my bargirl is different - what a nonsense talk!)
3 - in case of property - you can buy/own in your foreigners name ONLY condominium units - freehold land in percentage ownership of the entire building - Condominium is good for foreigners, better security - much safer than a house against burglary and the maintenance company takes care of everything related to repairings.
if you feel unsure, better rent something for a year or two years contract
4 - never buy any car or motorcycle etc. in her name as a gift - it might end up in a pawn shop. Register vehicles in your name and keep the ownership documents away from her (in a safety box etc.)
5 - make sure this girl is not into drugs, alcohol,
6 - keep a good part of your money out of Thailand/Philippines (maybe in a savings account in your own country) -
be always ready for an escape route and be aware in case of problems (political unrest, or fire, theft, etc.) everything you owned in that country might be lost.
7 - In legal questions never ask the girl or her relatives for any advice - go to a law office, alone, and let act the lawyer ONLY in your name.
8 - Make sure, your own legal documents (passport, visa) are valid and if you are already 50+ no need to marry, no need to depend on a spouse visa.
There are retirement visa options available.
9 - Girl is starting to ask persistently for money from you, this is a clear NO - make sure to have a budget - give her some money every week or month, not more, not less...even if she tells you she needs so urgently help for her parents, sisters, etc. etc. If she cannot accept this, so tearfully (I do not love you anymore) let her go and change the door-locks.

If you think anything is missing with my list, please add it with your follow-up comment!

-----

The worst cases I know in Thailand was a stupid man, who constructed a 'palast' for his so wonderful bargirl in her village in Eastern Thailand (Isaan), and when everything was done, she and her relatives just kicked him out - damage about 80 million baht = approx. USD 2.2 million !

Another case was in Phuket, he bought several houses, and she just sold everything and disappeared - damage was 60 million baht = approx. USD 1.7 million

How can Western men be so crazy and so careless about their own financial situation?
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Video: Guy Buys Wife from a Bar in the Philippines, He Gets More Than He Paid For

Post by Winston »

Are there any success stories of guys who marry bar girls at all? Why can't they work? Why are they impossible? Are you guys saying that bar girls are forever evil and unredeemable? What about girls who only worked in a bar for one week or are new?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
HappyDany
Freshman Poster

Re: video: Buys Wife From a Bar in The Philippines, He Gets More Than He Paid For

Post by HappyDany »

Yohan wrote:
December 11th, 2023, 8:23 pm
I agree to everything what this man says in this video,
the story he is telling about another man who even lost his life with a Filipina bargirl is a bit extreme, this man did really everything wrong.
A typical yellow fever case....

I know similar horror stories too, about Western men in Thailand, these men however were not attacked and did not lost their life, but lost more or less just everything else.

If you read back many of my own comments in this forum, you will notice, that I always said, please inform yourself about the legal situation (which is somehow similar in Philippines and Thailand).

If you consider a long-term relationship in these 2 countries and if you think you found the right one:

Just my opinion - a summary see below:

1 - no minor age girl, must be 20+
2 - no bargirl (my bargirl is different - what a nonsense talk!)
3 - in case of property - you can buy/own in your foreigners name ONLY condominium units - freehold land in percentage ownership of the entire building - Condominium is good for foreigners, better security - much safer than a house against burglary and the maintenance company takes care of everything related to repairings.
if you feel unsure, better rent something for a year or two years contract
4 - never buy any car or motorcycle etc. in her name as a gift - it might end up in a pawn shop. Register vehicles in your name and keep the ownership documents away from her (in a safety box etc.)
5 - make sure this girl is not into drugs, alcohol,
6 - keep a good part of your money out of Thailand/Philippines (maybe in a savings account in your own country) -
be always ready for an escape route and be aware in case of problems (political unrest, or fire, theft, etc.) everything you owned in that country might be lost.
7 - In legal questions never ask the girl or her relatives for any advice - go to a law office, alone, and let act the lawyer ONLY in your name.
8 - Make sure, your own legal documents (passport, visa) are valid and if you are already 50+ no need to marry, no need to depend on a spouse visa.
There are retirement visa options available.
9 - Girl is starting to ask persistently for money from you, this is a clear NO - make sure to have a budget - give her some money every week or month, not more, not less...even if she tells you she needs so urgently help for her parents, sisters, etc. etc. If she cannot accept this, so tearfully (I do not love you anymore) let her go and change the door-locks.

If you think anything is missing with my list, please add it with your follow-up comment!

-----

The worst cases I know in Thailand was a stupid man, who constructed a 'palast' for his so wonderful bargirl in her village in Eastern Thailand (Isaan), and when everything was done, she and her relatives just kicked him out - damage about 80 million baht = approx. USD 2.2 million !

Another case was in Phuket, he bought several houses, and she just sold everything and disappeared - damage was 60 million baht = approx. USD 1.7 million

How can Western men be so crazy and so careless about their own financial situation?
I would just like to add something to Item No. 5: make sure this girl is not into drugs, alcohol, AND GAMBLING
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Video: Guy Buys Wife from a Bar in the Philippines, He Gets More Than He Paid For

Post by publicduende »

That's the Steven Davies story, which I duly read about more than two decades ago. A bit of an extreme story, and, like @Yohan said, almost a manifesto about who shouldn't be bar hopping in the Philippines and what should not be done, in case of bar hopping in the Philippines.

The thing that saddens me is that Angeles City, or some of the other red light districts like Burgos in Makati, are seen by some men as the only ways to sooth their loneliness and hunger for quality female companionship, which are often hidden right behind all the lust and the fun.

Sure, many of the men are married, many have kids the same age as the girls they hook up with, so a seasonal escapade from the routine of family life is all they are looking for. A significant number of them, and I know they're quite a few, are incels or socially awkward young men who have zero to little experience with the ladies. In some cases, social awkwardness is a sign of mild autistic conditions - that is - a chronical inability to understand the (not so) hidden motives behind these bar girls.

What saddens me is that, for all these men, a "normal" Filipina, living a modest but dignified life of hard work, would be infinitely better! Instead of heading straight to Fields Avenue, these people could maybe explore the tier 1 or, better still, tier 2 and 3 cities. For as much as they represent a deteriorating cross-section of single Filipinas, dating sites could still be helpful to start understanding the "local market". Even Facebook might be a good solution: most Filipina leave friend requests from strangers open and, if they are single and see a nice foreign face as the avatar, they'll be the one starting a conversation! Some girls in smaller cities might be open to meeting strangers seen at the mall, at the hotel or even at the airport.

A bar girl in a red light district is the worst choice, the non-choice. I am still shocked at the number of young men who are looking for something beyond a few days of sex, and yet stop there. Getting to know the Philippine ladies via Angeles City is like asking to be chauffeured to a posh hotel but, instead of entering through the main door, choosing to open the sewage trap door and reaching the hotel lobby from there.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
December 12th, 2023, 4:02 pm
Are there any success stories of guys who marry bar girls at all? Why can't they work? Why are they impossible? Are you guys saying that bar girls are forever evil and unredeemable? What about girls who only worked in a bar for one week or are new?
Such girls - often from rural areas, do not have much education, often unwilling to work anything, just disco and drinking in their mind and if they really want to work, all which is available for them is some part-time job in a 7/11, or cleaning hotel rooms, collecting and washing dishes in a restaurant and their pay is very little, not over baht 25,- per hour. (= 0.70 per hour) - however if they agree and have no feeling of shame in nightlife they can earn much more....

But again, even if they earn some good money in nightlife, they are unable to save up some money or to use it carefully. All wasted, even give money to some motorcycle-boyfriend who is also a good-for-nothing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Success story about a Western man marrying a bar girl?
A bargirl who wants to change her life-style and marry a foreign man and stays with him?

There are very few stories as far as I can say about Thailand, Pattaya, very rare.

In Thailand this is only the case if this bargirl/ or girl in the street has NO connection anymore with her parents and other family members - because she was badly treated by them / or just misused by a Thai gangster next door and forced into drugs, alcohol, prositution etc., or kicked out/abandoned/disowned by her parents or foster parents, or her parents are in jail etc.

Such a mistreated young girl, typically a run-away and barely 18+ is alone, doesn't own anything (except a baby sometimes, father unknown etc. and is ending up in Pattaya, but in Pattaya she does not know anybody - no friends etc. - and finally she is ending up in a bar or doing a similar nightlife job but is not happy there, wants to leave, but how?

She wants to continue living inThailand but occasionally because she can see many foreign single men everywhere in Pattaya she is developing the strong will to get away from such a bar-life-style and as she dislikes and mistrusts Thai males, she sees the only future for herself to find a not so young foreign man - 50+, retired, who gives her a nice home and he is acting somehow like a father-replacement to her.
----
However keep in mind the scenario above is by far the exception of the rule. Most Thai bargirls care only about money, no consideration for her male customer. They just continue in the bar.
Last edited by Yohan on December 13th, 2023, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Some of the above writing is clearly below me. I don't know who you guys are, but as for myself and my close friends we only associate with the most high class women in the world. I only date what is called "Hi-So" women whether that's here in Vietnam, or in Bangkok, and when I go to the Philippines I will only go after top-tier women.

It would be several steps down for me to slum it down where most of you lower class individuals seem to gather in for your disgusting, filthy pleasures.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

kangarunner wrote:
December 12th, 2023, 8:46 pm
Some of the above writing is clearly below me. I don't know who you guys are, but as for myself and my close friends we only associate with the most high class women in the world. I only date what is called "Hi-So" women whether that's here in Vietnam, or in Bangkok, and when I go to the Philippines I will only go after top-tier women.

It would be several steps down for me to slum it down where most of you lower class individuals seem to gather in for your disgusting, filthy pleasures.
Not so easy to associate yourself to "Hi-Soc" women in SEA unless you are yourself a member of that class and/or you have incredibly good connections. Can't speak for Vietnam or Thailand. In the Philippines, you need to be an top executive, a successful businessman or a diplomat to rub shoulder with the high society.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

There was this nightclub Hi-So in Angeles City. It was the most famous one. lol.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

publicduende wrote:
December 12th, 2023, 10:51 pm
Not so easy to associate yourself to "Hi-Soc" women in SEA unless you are yourself a member of that class and/or you have incredibly good connections. Can't speak for Vietnam or Thailand. In the Philippines, you need to be an top executive, a successful businessman or a diplomat to rub shoulder with the high society.
You'd be surprised how many single power women in their 30s are not getting the attention from men they want. By the way, those people you're referring to are no angels themselves. The rich and powerful have nasty and perverse sexual desires.
publicduende wrote:
December 12th, 2023, 10:51 pm
Not so easy to associate yourself to "Hi-Soc" women in SEA unless you are yourself a member of that class and/or you have incredibly good connections.
Only those who take part in the daily humiliation rituals of their banal, meaningless lives would be self-limited to such a belief.

I'm 37 and I'm gonna indulge in all the nasty things I wanna do in Vietnam. Then I'll go to Thailand next to do more nasty things. And one day, when I'm old and it's all over, I'm gonna look back and laugh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Winston wrote:
Any girl who is a whore is damaged goods. Very simple. If she waited tables in a bar for 1 week, she's not a whore. But if she's a lady of the night who goes out with customers and sells her body, she's not wife material. Very simple. There are still good girls in this world... but men look for them in all the wrong places, and get burned as a result. An old saying goes: "Don't make a ho into a housewife". It was true ages ago, and still is true today. Whores cannot be saved, cannot be redeemed. Once a girl has been dicked down by numerous men, guzzling their jizz for cash, she's not wife material anymore and never will be. A good girl would never even entertain the idea, let alone do such a thing.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

kangarunner wrote:
December 13th, 2023, 12:05 am
You'd be surprised how many single power women in their 30s are not getting the attention from men they want. By the way, those people you're referring to are no angels themselves. The rich and powerful have nasty and perverse sexual desires.
Sure, I can imagine that. Yet, how would you be able to hook up with a 30-something career woman who is looking for casual sex? Vietnam is even more traditional a society than the Philippines, let alone Thailand. You would have to be very lucky, picking one up on Tinder. Otherwise, I am sure there will be local men much more suitable to hit her up.
kangarunner wrote:
December 13th, 2023, 12:05 am
Only those who take part in the daily humiliation rituals of their banal, meaningless lives would be self-limited to such a belief.

I'm 37 and I'm gonna indulge in all the nasty things I wanna do in Vietnam. Then I'll go to Thailand next to do more nasty things. And one day, when I'm old and it's all over, I'm gonna look back and laugh.
Spoken like you're thinking with your balls :D Remember than Vietnam is still a Communist country. Be careful what you do: you don't want to end up in an iron cage just because your pee-pee couldn't get what he wanted :)
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Post by MatureDJ »

Winston wrote:
Well Winston, you have been a success with your bar-girl wife. :D
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

MatureDJ wrote:
December 13th, 2023, 4:47 pm
Winston wrote:
Well Winston, you have been a success with your bar-girl wife. :D
That's not nice.

How did you manage to get yourself kicked off vkontakte? We're you such an absolute pest to get yourself deleted in that manner?
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Obviously there are lots of idiots in the world who marry bar girls. Why - because they're stupid, they go to Thailand (usually) they have sex on tap as long as they're paying the very reasonable rates for long time sex there so they think they can have this on a permanent basis if they marry them - some men also love being in love and yes - even with a bar girl - they see themselves as a knight in shining armour saving his damsel in distress :lol:

Obviously, once a woman is a whore then everything else is for sale but most definitely her integrity - you don't come fifth like Brad Pitt once famously said, you don't come anywhere at all - you are just a vehicle for her to siphon as much money as she can off you until you have no more and then you will be discarded at the side of the road with your pants and not much else. I am sure these men have brothers, fathers, friends, sons etc who tell them but they're not listening because they're f***ing stupid. Some men have their lens of the world through their dick and it's sad when you should be old enough to know better.