Once You've Had A Thai Girl ...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Once You've Had A Thai Girl ...

Post by Taco »

This true in most SE Asian countries...

https://youtu.be/S5xarFNOK20?si=bTT5yqJS6gij5F1_
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Once You've Had A Thai Girl ...

Post by Yohan »

What this man tells you is a bit exaggerated. There are horror-stories about many Thai women too.

However most follow-up comments agree that Western women are terrible, no good material for a long-term relationship.

Just my opinion, 80 percent of Western women are totally unfit for a relationship, and the other 20 percent are either taken or not interested in you.

In many Asian countries it is just the opposite, 20 percent useless and 80 percent open-minded. This does not mean that all Asian women are running after you as a male Western visitor. And please, do not believe this BS talk that all Asian women are poor and desperate...

However most Asian women show up with a better behavior towards men in general, no feeling of hate, not much into feminist BS rights etc.

If you live in Asia for long-time, you will realize that Asian women are not always really so beautiful, often not beautiful at all, but they are at least rarely overweight, take care of their bodies and clothings.

Especially, if you come directly from USA you will notice that difference immediately everywhere, regardless which Asian country you visit.

Again, be careful if you are in contact with Asian women, there are also scammers or otherwise problematic women among them like everywhere.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Yohan wrote:
April 5th, 2024, 9:07 am

Just my opinion, 80 percent of Western women are totally unfit for a relationship
Your too optimistic. I would say it's 99 percent
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

I really don't understand what the fuss is all about Thai women. Some of them might be slender and hot, but they are all cynical, materialistic and calculating.

The only man I know who has managed to have a stable relationship with a Thai woman is one of my ex-collagues at a crypto startup. Like many Bitcoin millionaires, he chose Bangkok as his base and he married what sounds like a girl from a middle-class family. They had 3 kids together. And he is not happy. He keeps repeating how easily influenced by her parents his wife is. He might be the sweetest, most caring husband in the world. Then one misplaced comment by her dad or mom, and she becomes his worst enemy for few days.

And then there's the entitlement: her family see him as a rich foreigner and keep asking him for gifts. It's got to the point that he cannot even go to a home dinner at his wife's home without having to bring some expensive wine or box of cigars to his dad in law. He keeps a stash of wine and cigars in case they are called to meet them and he doesn't have the time to pop to the shop and buy the dues.

We had a few chats about our mutual situation: both living in SEA for good, both married with locals, both into online IT work. It didn't take more than a few minutes to mutually agree that my situation was way better than his.

This is the thing with Thailand, I think: it's got better infrastructure, better food and shopping experiences, more culture and heritage to embrace, it's cleaner. It's also, culturally, a more Chinese-influenced culture, where you are judged for how much you have and how much you can show off, saving face after a bad deed is more important than not doing the bad deed in the first place. Women are nowhere near as sweet and conservative as the ones in the Philippines. Lastly, language barrier is a real problem whenever the relationship is trying to step beyond the pure physical and passional.

From what I read, the wealthier men prefer Thailand over the Philippines. These men probably don't mind having hot girls around on a purely functional relationship: I support you and your family, you give me sex and company. The less wealthy one prefer the Philippines, as it's still possible to find a good woman who gives sex and companionship without asking for more than they can afford to give, in return.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Here's the same guy confessing to the extreme loneliness he feels, even when surrounded by his wife's family. His wife is an "Isaan girl", equivalent to the rock-bottom provincial girls you can find in the depths of Mindanao.

Felsen
Freshman Poster

Post by Felsen »

Thai women are more than just a beacon of beauty and warmth. Their ability to embrace diverse influences while preserving their cultural heritage showcases their adaptability and strength.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

publicduende wrote:
April 6th, 2024, 3:56 am
Here's the same guy confessing to the extreme loneliness he feels, even when surrounded by his wife's family. His wife is an "Isaan girl", equivalent to the rock-bottom provincial girls you can find in the depths of Mindanao.

I don't know why he would feel lonely he's drunk everyday...