Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Is this an overly rosy view of Filipinas?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Marcus Aurelius » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:24 am

I'm having my woman teach me some lol. But yeah, they teach english in all the schools there...and trust me...they do a good job of it. Aside from my girl, I talked to several of them on the phone too...all but one spoke english very well. In some cases, other than a pronounced sexy accent, you can't tell the difference. Some girls have trouble with some of the f***ed up slang we use, but that's about all I've run into.
Marcus Aurelius
Freshman Poster

Postby Raja » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:01 am

Don't worry about a course in Pilipino/Filipino. You can get by in English. Besides Tagalog courses are easier to find and Filipino is based mostly on Tagalog, the language of the dominant ethnic group
Freshman Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand