Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Are Russian (and Ukrainian/FSU) Women Really an Option?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Russian (and Ukrainian etc.) Women Really an Option?

Postby jeoffry » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:07 am

Ukrainian and Russian girls are very nice indeed. They are so lovely and smart. If you want to date some of them. I guess, you should definitely go for a dating website like mymagicbrides with Russian and Ukrainian girls to date or marry. My friend has met a love of his life there and he is very happy. Good luck you too ;)
Last edited by jeoffry on Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
jeoffry
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:46 pm







Re:

Postby Hero » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:57 am

gmm567 wrote:Russia probably isn't the place to go. There are far too many visa whores.

My sense is the philipines is a different story. Divorce wasn't even recognized in the law except recently. The woman are raised in a culture where they don't divorce!


This. Also, they're not that great-looking. Those photos you see on the dating websites are of the top 1% of women in the country. Plus they've been taken by professional photographers who can even make ugly women look hot.
Hero
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1680
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Re: Russian (and Ukrainian etc.) Women Really an Option?

Postby Hero » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:10 pm

jeoffry wrote:Ukrainian and Russian girls are very nice indeed. They are so lovely and smart. If you want to date some of them. I guess, you should definitely go for a dating website with Russian and Ukrainian girls to date or marry. My friend has met a love of his life there and he is very happy. Good luck you too ;)


So you're basing your conclusion about Ukrainian and Russian girls on just one example?? For every love story like your friend's, there are a hundred others that ended in total disaster and heartbreak. Sorry, but those dating websites are no more than online brothels.
Hero
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1680
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Re: Russian (and Ukrainian etc.) Women Really an Option?

Postby xiongmao » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:51 pm

Now that I'm back in the UK I've met lots of Eastern Europeans.

A friend of a friend is dating a Ukrainian lady. She is really lovely and clearly a little out of the guy's league, but the relationship has lasted a long time now.

I'm not keen on Russians, I met a lot in China and I just didn't connect with them (both men and women). In particular I just didn't know when they were being straight with me or just joking around.

I've met some great Hungarian and Bulgarians this year and last. Also Romanians. I definitely prefer them to Russians.

On the downside Hungarian/Bulgarian cooking is horrendous.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 pm
Location: London

Re: Russian (and Ukrainian etc.) Women Really an Option?

Postby jeoffry » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:07 am

Hero wrote:
jeoffry wrote:Ukrainian and Russian girls are very nice indeed. They are so lovely and smart. If you want to date some of them. I guess, you should definitely go for a dating website with Russian and Ukrainian girls to date or marry. My friend has met a love of his life there and he is very happy. Good luck you too ;)


So you're basing your conclusion about Ukrainian and Russian girls on just one example?? For every love story like your friend's, there are a hundred others that ended in total disaster and heartbreak. Sorry, but those dating websites are no more than online brothels.


Not just one. There are lots of my friends who had some nice experience with them. I just gave you one situation as an example. Of course it is not about all girls, but there is a lot of nice ones ;)
User avatar
jeoffry
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: Russian (and Ukrainian etc.) Women Really an Option?

Postby Hero » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:38 pm

jeoffry wrote:
Hero wrote:
jeoffry wrote:Ukrainian and Russian girls are very nice indeed. They are so lovely and smart. If you want to date some of them. I guess, you should definitely go for a dating website with Russian and Ukrainian girls to date or marry. My friend has met a love of his life there and he is very happy. Good luck you too ;)


So you're basing your conclusion about Ukrainian and Russian girls on just one example?? For every love story like your friend's, there are a hundred others that ended in total disaster and heartbreak. Sorry, but those dating websites are no more than online brothels.


Not just one. There are lots of my friends who had some nice experience with them. I just gave you one situation as an example. Of course it is not about all girls, but there is a lot of nice ones ;)


Did your friends meet those girls on the internet? Did they spend a significant amount of time visiting their gfs in the Ukraine?
Hero
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1680
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Re: Russian (and Ukrainian etc.) Women Really an Option?

Postby lasttry » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:48 pm

I've been away for a while on a bicycle tour, during which I spent a lot of time studying Russian in preparation for a trip to Ukraine. Hard language if you want to speak it with proper grammar. Not so bad if you just skip all the declensions and mostly use the nominative when speaking, though you'll still have to understand when the native speakers use declensions.

Anyway, after looking into Ukraine dating sites and reading various sources of information, here is my opinion. If you are high-status man (good-looking, well-educated, good job) and in your 30's or early 40's and want to settle down and start a family and prefer white women, but can't find quality women in the United States, then Ukraine is a gold-mine. There are a ton of well-educated and good-looking women in their late 20's and early 30's there who are desperate to start a family but can't find men of equal or higher social status to marry them. There is no shortage of men in the Ukraine, the shortage is of marriageable men for the class of women I just described. If you are willing to adopt a child, you have access to even more women. Do not expect these women to behave any differently than conservative American women in the long-run. In particular, if you can't make them happy, they will divorce you or will remain married but make your home life so miserable you'd wish they did divorce you. Don't go outside your league if you want the marriage to last. Don't reach for too large an age difference.

If you live in a big city in the United States and can't find women suitable for marriage and children, then you are probably not the type of man I have in mind. I am mainly thinking of men working in remote areas, such as mining engineers and plant managers working in shithole towns in the deep south.

You will need lots of money to find the woman, then bring her to the United States, then support her while she raises a family. Marriage and children is not cheap. These women are not gold-diggers and would work if they could, but my assumption of you being in a remote area means that will be difficult. The best approach is probably to hire a Ukrainian guide to do much of the work, since I assume you are busy working and can't afford to take off for several months to find a wife. This is a guide I found advertising on another forum: http://www.odessaguide.net. Notice how good-looking that guy is. He is also obviously very intelligent and well-educated. If you would be completely out-classed by him, then you are probably not the type of man I have in mind for the class of woman I am describing.

Ukraine is probably also a gold-mine for older and wealthy men of lower social class (well-paid mechanics, retired military enlisted men) who simply want a pretty companion, and so are willing to marry Ukrainian women of lower social class in their 40's and 50's, bring them to the United States and support them. These women will typically already have raised a family. They will almost certainly speak nothing but Russian and will be slow to learn English and so won't be able to work much. But if you're living in some remote area of the US with no decent-looking women around, this is something to consider. You'd be completely outclassed by that guide I linked to above, but this won't matter because the sort of women I have in mind wouldn't have a chance with that guide, given their age. You would be well-advised to tell that guide to be merciless about stopping you from falling into temptation and going for young women or women out of your social class, since that is the path to being manipulated by a visa-hunter.

In general, anyone looking for a wife in Ukraine should only go for the sort of women he'd have a chance with in the United States. The only thing your money will do is move you to the head of the list of of the men the woman considers acceptable mates. If you weren't on that list without money, money will do you no good, and it may do you harm by attracting gold-diggers and visa-hunters.

All of this is a moot point for me, because I have never been interested in marriage or children, and definitely don't want them now, plus I have a vasectomy so I can't have children now. What I want is exciting 1 to 3 month long love affairs with well-preserved women in their 40's or 50's, who like the idea of being treated at nice restaurants or taken on expenses paid vacations, and can't find men interested in them. There are plenty of women like that in the United States, though not that easy to find in this place where I live, but I believe Ukraine is even better for this, plus my money goes farther there, though I won't know for sure until I get there. So far, the decent-looking women in their 40's and 50's on the dating sites I've looked all want LTRs and marriage, same as in the United States. In practice, they'll settle for shorter-term sex-oriented relationships, but this is impossible to negotiate online.
lasttry
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:22 am

Re: Russian (and Ukrainian etc.) Women Really an Option?

Postby Hero » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:04 pm

lasttry wrote:Do not expect these women to behave any differently than conservative American women in the long-run.

I totally disagree; Ukrainian women are the biggest sluts on the planet

lasttry wrote: Don't go outside your league if you want the marriage to last. Don't reach for too large an age difference.

If you can't go outside your league, why bother searching abroad? In any case, your "league" depends on where you are. In the USA, even fat, middle-aged single moms think they're out of my league. In the Ukraine, model-quality women wonder if they're good enough for me.

lasttry wrote:If you live in a big city in the United States and can't find women suitable for marriage and children, then you are probably not the type of man I have in mind. I am mainly thinking of men working in remote areas, such as mining engineers and plant managers working in shithole towns in the deep south.

Dude, that first sentence is total bullshit. If you live in a big city in the USA and can't find women suitable for marriage and children, that doesn't make you a loser; it just means that there's an extreme shortage of quality women. As for your second sentence, if you think it's so easy to find a good woman in a big American city, why can't those mining engineers and plant managers just go search for their dream girl in one of those cities rather than go abroad?


lasttry wrote:In general, anyone looking for a wife in Ukraine should only go for the sort of women he'd have a chance with in the United States.

This doesn't make sense. Why would you look for a wife in the Ukraine if you could get a comparable wife right here?
Hero
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1680
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Re: Russian (and Ukrainian etc.) Women Really an Option?

Postby lasttry » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:07 pm

Common wisdom is that American women are the biggest sluts in the world. By conservative, I mean that Ukrainian women who are looking for American husbands are doing so because they are well-educated and want marriage, children, and stay-at-home wife situation with a man of the same social class, not that they don't want sex. Ukrainian women who aren't interested in the marriage, children, stay-at-home-wife thing can easily get sex in Ukraine. Poorly educated Ukrainian women also don't have a problem, since there are plenty of men at their level in Ukraine.

Your league is women who SHOULD find you sexually attractive. A average-looking man of 35 SHOULD be attractive to an average-looking woman of 30, and average women age 30 are quite pretty, assuming they haven't let themselves go to hell. Of course, average-looking men of 35 are also attractive, assuming THEY haven't let themselves go to hell. If you marry a woman who simply outclasses you in every respect, you're looking at a divorce and/or cheating on you, whenever and wherever she thinks either is in her best interests. Consider yourself warned.

Women in the United States with a career generally don't want to live in the boondocks. There are plenty of Ukrainian women who would be happy to live in the boondocks of America PROVIDED the man is in their league and can support them as a stay-at-home wife.

BTW there is another active thread here "The Incredible Shrinking Man" about the shortage of marriageable American men for highly-educated and accomplished American women. If you are truly a quality man (good-looking, pleasant-personality, well-paid job), there should be little problems finding quality women nearing age 30 who want to settle down and start a family in big cities of the United States PROVIDED you really want marriage and children. Personally, I'd run like hell from women who want marriage and children, because I think marriage and children is the road to misery. But if that's what you want, it's not hard to get it.

As for your success in Ukraine, it's possible you were simply in a rut in the United States and so when you went to Ukraine, you broke out of that rut and ended up attracting the same sort of women you could have attracted in the United States if you had been looking in the right places. Quality men will be inundated with quality women in Ukraine, whereas they will only find a few quality women in the United States, but then a man who is truly interested in marriage and children only needs a single woman, right?

Have you married one of these Ukrainian woman yet? If not, then your story doesn't make sense because you say you want marriage and children, you have quality women throwing themselves at you, you don't have infinite time to dither around, and yet you haven't done anything.

Bottom line, going to Ukraine looking for a wife makes sense for those in a special situation, not for ordinary men. I'm just telling the truth as I see it. Lots of scammers in Ukraine make a living exploiting men who don't want to hear this truth.

As for me, I just want sex with good-looking women in their late 30's or 40's (I'm 54 and retired early). I can find that in the United States but it's work. It will be even more work to learn Russian, travel to Ukraine and then hunt for a suitable woman for the 3 months I'm there. The only reason I bother is to give me an excuse to travel, since I'm bored with retirement. I certainly don't expect to have women throwing themselves at me there. There is no shortage of men who want merely want sex in Ukraine.
lasttry
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:22 am

Re: Russian (and Ukrainian etc.) Women Really an Option?

Postby Boxman » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:32 pm

lasttry wrote:Personally, I'd run like hell from women who want marriage and children, because I think marriage and children is the road to misery.


Do you have kids? I'm in my 40's, divorced and childless, and I don't know if I'll ever have kids, which makes me sad when I really think about it. I can't help but feel that raising children is an important part of life, and something is fundamentally missing without them. But not having ever raised children, I wonder if I'm naive or misguided in feeling this way.
Boxman
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:47 am
Location: Bible Belt

Re: Russian (and Ukrainian etc.) Women Really an Option?

Postby droid » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:27 am

Hero wrote:
lasttry wrote:Do not expect these women to behave any differently than conservative American women in the long-run.

I totally disagree; Ukrainian women are the biggest sluts on the planet

lasttry wrote: Don't go outside your league if you want the marriage to last. Don't reach for too large an age difference.

If you can't go outside your league, why bother searching abroad? In any case, your "league" depends on where you are. In the USA, even fat, middle-aged single moms think they're out of my league. In the Ukraine, model-quality women wonder if they're good enough for me.

lasttry wrote:If you live in a big city in the United States and can't find women suitable for marriage and children, then you are probably not the type of man I have in mind. I am mainly thinking of men working in remote areas, such as mining engineers and plant managers working in shithole towns in the deep south.

Dude, that first sentence is total bullshit. If you live in a big city in the USA and can't find women suitable for marriage and children, that doesn't make you a loser; it just means that there's an extreme shortage of quality women. As for your second sentence, if you think it's so easy to find a good woman in a big American city, why can't those mining engineers and plant managers just go search for their dream girl in one of those cities rather than go abroad?


lasttry wrote:In general, anyone looking for a wife in Ukraine should only go for the sort of women he'd have a chance with in the United States.

This doesn't make sense. Why would you look for a wife in the Ukraine if you could get a comparable wife right here?


Thank you Hero. I think lasttry is making quite a few unqualified statements.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: Russian (and Ukrainian etc.) Women Really an Option?

Postby chanta76 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:32 pm

Hero,

If Ukraine women are the biggest sluts on the planet? are they like American women in that way also ? I mean can Ukraine women make good wives at all. From my experience any time a women is big slut it's no deal.
chanta76
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:56 pm

Re: Russian (and Ukrainian etc.) Women Really an Option?

Postby GoingAwol » Wed May 27, 2015 12:22 pm

I have only met a few Russian people in my life so I'm no expert on them by any means. Having said that, my experience has been that they are cold and unfriendly. All the ones I have met just seemed strange to me. Which is unfortunate because I personally find Russian women to be very attractive.
Just to give an example of what I'm talking about... I was walking into the mall about a year ago and got approached by a young and decently attractive Russian girl. She told me her car wouldn't start and asked if I would look at it, so I did. While I was looking at her car I tried to have a friendly conversation with her and she was giving me short responses and didn't seem friendly or interested in talking to me at all. However I did learn that she came from Russia to study at the university. I got her car fixed and I don't recall her even thanking me. I walked away from the interaction thinking she was a bitch.
It was strange to me because even American women will usually be friendly and polite or even flirty when you are helping them out. This woman wasn't nice or grateful at all. I would hope her behavior isn't typical of Russian women.
GoingAwol
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 10:07 am

Re: Are Russian (and Ukrainian/FSU) Women Really an Option?

Postby Alex Storm » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:27 pm

Guys, I've just skimmed the comments about all those dating sites and scammers that they contain. I want to share my opinion with you. First of all, yes, there are lots of cases when a particular dating site is a "shelter" for scammers whose aim is to fraud men for enriching themselves with money. I had a sad experience of it. Nevertheless, I set a goal for myself - to find a Slavic woman. And you know, I achieved it on the resourse Bridge-of-love.com. At first view, this site reminds the other dating site, however, it's specific feature is anti-scam system. Dozen of girls sent me messages but I had a conversation only with the one I liked most. After few monthes of communication I bought her personal contact info and the site arranged our meeting. Now we live together in States and both are happy.

Taking all aforesaid itno consideration, you never know what may turn up. However, I can ensure you that Bridge-of-love really works. 8)
User avatar
Alex Storm
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:56 pm

Previous

Return to Russia, Ukraine, Former Soviet Republics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests