Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

How They See ( Saw) You

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

How They See ( Saw) You

Postby ladislav » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:01 am

This is how average Soviet people would see the US:

America is skyscrapers from coast to coast.
Americans are people of British descent- John Smith's that is. No one had ever heard of a melting pot there.
The rich are very rich and the poor are very poor, and most things are done on the backs of Indians, Mexicans and Blacks.
Black people are still living in semi slave condition. A Black man owning a car is an impossibility.
If given a chance all Americans would elect Jesse Jackson as president.
There are no fresh fruit; only canned fruit.
Americans are very friendly and smart as people, with a bad government, though, and if they could, they would all go Red.
The crime rate is astronomical.
American men are all extremely handsome and heroic. Women are gorgeous, too.

Here is a poster of an American general who is fleecing other countries, NATO members, that is: ... er-03.html

Here are some imperialists milking the Middle East:

I think I have posted this one here before. An American politician is being told: Behave yourself! ... er-31.html

You want to see some more US politicians? Here they are. And the Soviet man says- We demand peace! ... er-29.html

Check out some more Americans: Freedom American style: ... er-22.html

American master and his slaves- S. Africa, Rhodesia, Israel and someone else- not clear ... er-12.html
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby polya » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:53 am

Its clear Russians get their ideas of Americas from hollywood movies shown on Russian TV with russian subtitles. They are wrong especially in 2011 with the Economic Desprssion in the USA.
However, when Americans go to Russia as tourists, Russians mostly find ways to part them from their money - e.g. the illegal taxi drivers who hang around the arrival gate at all airports in Moscow. The shop owners who don't have price tags & charge tourists high prices & short change them. Your girlfriend's family who think of unusual ways to rob you... Lets face it your just rich tourists they prey upon, like their Govt preys upon them.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
Junior Poster

Postby Think Different » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:10 am

I remember when I was living in Russia that the Russians were telling me a story of how the Communist party put out a propaganda poster showing an American cop pulling a black man from his car and beating him up. I guess the idea was to show how "evil" the American government was. Apparently, the message the Russians took from the poster was "Wow! In America, even the blacks can own cars!". Too funny! Gotta love Russian humor.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Return to Russia, Ukraine, Former Soviet Republics