The so called "oppression" of Russian speakers.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

ladislav wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Im plannig a possible trip to Moscow maybe in 2016. I have to see how my work goes over the next year income wise but russia definitely sparks my interest. Next time i leave the country ill go there IF its still possible for americans without too big of political or safety issues. ...
If russia becomes too unstable for westerners maybe Ill try a multi asian tour. ic ould check out eastern europe but maybe not worth stopping there.
The reason people want a Filipina is because they are clones of Americans who love Americans and want to live in the US. They speak English and have had an education system copied from the US. The same subjects, the same nursery rhymes, songs etc. They look Asian, but are Americans inside. Especially the ones who are on the sites. They speak English and have grown up on US culture. They love it. They fit an Anglo American like a glove. They will be happy to exchange their passport for the US one. It's an honor.

The Russians otoh kind of " look like" white Americans, but they have nothing, as in nothing in common with the US. Their religion is Orthodox whose values Americans are not familiar with. They didn't grow up on English; they have different songs and a different alphabet. Anglos (Germanics) and Slavs in general do not mix, Eastern Slavs in particular. Thus, you either have to be well versed in their culture or they have to be American wannabes- the rare types that admire America. Plus Americans traditionally dislike the Russians. Why bring one over especially now is beyond me.

Also, visas into Russia are not easy to get, and living there is not easy, either. The bureaucracy in a language that is hard to learn with most people not speaking English and all other such things make it a big headache. The winters will make Alaska feel like HI.

The Philippines makes it easy to stay there and visas are cheap. They welcome the US passport. The Philippines and America are friends; Russia and America are basically enemies.

Those are the reasons why American people prefer Filipinas.

yeah visas are a big issue so i would just be there for a short visit. since it has to be preplanned probably very short since im not sure how it would pan out.

To me philippines is now just becoming a backup plan. I think philippines is a last resort. I want to explore other countries now but I know its harder finding a good mate in the other countries. but i think most would rather be scammed by a hot russian or chinese woman than a 3rd rate filipina.