Walk around Odessa

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Walk around Odessa

Post by ladislav »

Before the war, I was with my Canadian friend in Odessa, Ukraine.
It was all very festive and prosperous, but we could not help but notice that
there were almost no Westerners in the city. Among foreigners, there were
Middle Easterners and Africans. But almost no Americans, no Brits, no Germans, etc.

The reason was probably because they were scared of the war in the East, but also,
there was not much English language in terms of signs, menus, etc. Most of it
was for the Slavic clientele.

Almost everything was written in Cyrillic.

My Canadian friend spoke and read Russian quite well, but I would imagine that someone who did not
would probably find the place challenging to navigate.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dek89ZTZCUY&t=920s[/youtube]

On the other hand, there is little competition as far as being an American and chasing local girls.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Re: Walk around Odessa

Post by kangarunner »

ladislav wrote:
October 16th, 2023, 11:52 pm
On the other hand, there is little competition as far as being an American and chasing local girls.
SMH....I'm glad I live in the red pill era where we know that "chasing" girls just turns them away from you. It's older boomers like yourself who still hold the belief that you can woo a girl with sweet words.

I bet you watch "romance" movies and think that's how real life is. LOL HAHAHA....

I'm glad you boomers are on the way out towards....extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

kangarunner wrote:
October 17th, 2023, 2:01 am
ladislav wrote:
October 16th, 2023, 11:52 pm
SMH....I'm glad I live in the red pill era where we know that "chasing" girls just turns them away from you. It's older boomers like yourself who still hold the belief that you can woo a girl with sweet words.

I bet you watch "romance" movies and think that's how real life is. LOL HAHAHA....

I'm glad you boomers are on the way out towards....extinction.

The red pill is for America.
The concept of baby boomers is also in America. Nobody in Ukraine even knows what it means.
Ukraine is different.
Day game is alive there. Chasing is normal.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

ladislav wrote:
October 17th, 2023, 2:14 am
The concept of baby boomers is also in America. Nobody in Ukraine even knows what it means.
Ukraine is different.
If you were any good with women, you'd know that you wouldn't need to do any "chasing". The girls would chase you.

With your delusional thinking, it's no wonder why you're in your 60s and alone.

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

kangarunner wrote:
October 17th, 2023, 2:22 am
ladislav wrote:
October 17th, 2023, 2:14 am
Ukraine is different.
If you were any good with women, you'd know that you wouldn't need to do any "chasing". The girls would chase you.

How about surreptitiously taking a photo or video of the next one chasing you, Romeo.

I've read any number of places that Slavic women regard themselves as prey, and expect to be pursued vigorously. But they also expect you to have half a brain, so best you stay in Latin America.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

kangarunner wrote:

I don't know why you are so hostile all the damn time. It's a little strange. Who pissed in your coffee, man?
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

gsjackson wrote:
October 17th, 2023, 3:45 am
How about surreptitiously taking a photo or video of the next one chasing you, Romeo.
That's a big word for you. Did you st...st...st....stutter when you said surreptitiously. I bet you think that big words make you feel so smart don't you?

You're also in your 60s? Time to get those diapers ready so when you shit yourself everything will be okay...What color diapers do you wear you miserable old boy? White ones? HAHAHAHA

You're an old miserable turd who wakes up every day lonely. You go to this forum because you're lonely and you don't have anything to do. You're gonna die miserable. That'll be a good day when a nasty old turd like you is flushed down the toilet.

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
October 17th, 2023, 5:00 am
Who pissed in your coffee, man?
:D :D
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

kangarunner wrote:
October 17th, 2023, 6:42 am
That's a big word for you. Did you st...st...st....stutter when you said surreptitiously. I bet you think that big words make you feel so smart don't you?

You're also in your 60s? Time to get those diapers ready so when you shit yourself everything will be okay...What color diapers do you wear you miserable old boy? White ones? HAHAHAHA

You're an old miserable turd who wakes up every day lonely. You go to this forum because you're lonely and you don't have anything to do. You're gonna die miserable. That'll be a good day when a nasty old turd like you is flushed down the toilet.
Man, you smell like ban every day more. Will you stop g-g-gratuitously insulting half of the HA members who are kind enough to 1) post new contents and 2) reply in a polite, insightful manner?

Keep your moods in check. Get another layer of antidepressants, do whatcha have to do. Just stop being an asshole.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Odessa is a nice city to live if you already have an existing girlfriend. You can get luxury apartments and hotels for cheap.

But do not try to meet a girl here. They are all scammers. You can even get beat up or killed under some scams.

There is a high Jewish population here. I am not against Jews in general but...
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

I spent 6 weeks in Odessa in 2015. I broke a tooth and had to get a root canal and crown, so spent quite a bit of time in the dentist office. Luckily, the crowm dentist spoke fluent English and he gave instructions to the root canal dentist and dental assistants. No problems with the root canal but the crown came unglued and i had to have it glued back on in the USA.

My general impression of Odesa was that it was much more violent, dangerous and scam filled than Kyiv or Dnipro. Just to give one example. I took a minute reading the instructions on the ATM inside than bank and the security guy came over and started yelling at me, like he suspected i was casing the bank for a planned robbery. Good place for kangarunner to go and mouth off to some mafia guy who understands English (all the young people understand some).and get hid teeth kicked in.

All signs are Ukrainian but no one speaks anything but Russian. I was still naive and trying to get normal unpaid girlfriends then but there was a culture clash. I never visited Odesa after switching to paid girlfriends but supposedly it is a mess because the women are all inveterate scam artists. It's like those Turkish rug merchants, where even if you really wanted to buy a rug and were willing to pay an inflated price, they can't resist jerking you around and finally you just walk off in disgust, leaving them shaking their fist and cursing you because you ate one of their "free" sugar candies. These Odesa women are like that.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
October 17th, 2023, 5:00 am
kangarunner wrote:
I don't know why you are so hostile all the damn time. It's a little strange. Who pissed in your coffee, man?
I do not understand why Kangarunner is sometimes so aggressive against other members -
it's not all the time, his mood is unpredictable.

He also writes good and friendly comments, for example in a reply to me in this thread
viewtopic.php?style=1&f=1&t=49561&p=407575#p407575
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

kangarunner wrote:
October 17th, 2023, 6:42 am
gsjackson wrote:
October 17th, 2023, 3:45 am

Here's a clue to aging successfully -- lay off the drugs and booze, including those prescribed for you. The cobwebs will start disappearing from your addled brain, and you might wake up one morning and find that you're no longer an asshole. Or, like pd suggested, up the ani-depressant dose enough to suppress all brain activity whatsoever and you'll be so catatonic that you can't concentrate long enough to finish a troll post.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

gsjackson wrote:
October 17th, 2023, 12:28 pm
Here's a clue to aging successfully -- lay off the drugs and booze, including those prescribed for you. The cobwebs will start disappearing from your addled brain, and you might wake up one morning and find that you're no longer an asshole. Or, like pd suggested, up the ani-depressant dose enough to suppress all brain activity whatsoever and you'll be so catatonic that you can't concentrate long enough to finish a troll post.
That doesn't answer my question to you. What color are your shitting diapers? White?

Also, if I'm so dumb to you, then why are you even wasting your time responding to me? I thought smart people have better things to do. LOL Got you!!! :lol:

How would I have been able to live abroad since January this year 2023 (Colombia, Peru, and now Ecuador) being on "drugs and booze" as you say? How does one do that? Go ahead and check out my Youtube channel if you even know what Youtube is: https://www.youtube.com/@getfree/videos

Go back to your miserable life in Texas where you live alone every day with zero friends. Old nasty turd waiting to die. Flush you down the toilet.

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

My bad. If you're bi-polar, as seems likely now that I think of it, don't go off your meds without doing some serious research. There may be a way to treat the condition naturally, but we're well outside my area of competence here and I can't offer any advice confidently.