Russia Revisited

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Russia Revisited

Post by yick »

In the late 90's and early 2000's - I went to Russia to see it because I always wanted to see it and I went and I loved it, great place, Moscow is amazing - I was never part of a marriage tour, I was always an independent traveller but did see marriage tours at the hotels I was staying in - it was never my cup of tea to be on a bonding tour with a load of badly dressed, badly coiffured Americans wanting god knows what. Anyway, I met some wonderful women - not the grabbing, desperate, green card seeking myth - normal, nice, intelligent young women who liked me - one of them was a 23 year old scientist, a proper beauty who would write me letters and emails, a young lady from Samara - 5ft 7ins and slim, green eyes with blonde brown hair - too f***ing good for me that's for sure but one day I lost access to my email and I though 'oh f**k it, another one will come along' and of course she didn't and here I am and I went to China and blah blah blah.

We're going off tangent here, now, I have a passport of a Latin American country, I am allowed 90 days visa free to travel whenever I want there, also, I live in China - there are loads of flights from Beijing and Shanghai to Moscow and all the major cities in the Russian far east and Siberia for a few hundred dollars.

I still look alright, still got my hair, I am in training every day, I have just made a profile on vkontakte and have now made some friends (both male and female) and Russia is back on the f***ing roster, boys! This time, when another 'Olga' comes along, I am not going to be so blase, let's get on (in the famous words of Mills Lane). :lol:

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Re: Russia Revisited

Post by Voyager1 »

yick, interesting story. Was this young lady from Samara attending socials and you just met her in the hotel? Why didn't you write down her email and phone #?

What you can do is find out where AFA is holding their socials, then print up some business cards and pass them out to ladies that you like when you see them enter the hotel where the socials are being held at. This will help you avoid the exorbitant tour fees these companies are charging.

A buddy and I tried this in Kyiv where AFA was holding socials. We were not too successful because most of those girls were pro-daters and gold-diggers.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Voyager1 wrote:
December 10th, 2023, 4:58 pm
yick, interesting story. Was this young lady from Samara attending socials and you just met her in the hotel? Why didn't you write down her email and phone #?

What you can do is find out where AFA is holding their socials, then print up some business cards and pass them out to ladies that you like when you see them enter the hotel where the socials are being held at. This will help you avoid the exorbitant tour fees these companies are charging.

A buddy and I tried this in Kyiv where AFA was holding socials. We were not too successful because most of those girls were pro-daters and gold-diggers.
Hi Voyager, I got the lady's details online - back in the day as you probably remember, there were quite a few sites where you could meet Russian women for free who wanted to date and get married and one of them was Olga, the lady from Samara - of course there were lots of scammers but plenty of genuine girls who wanted to meet someone who were in their twenties, nice looking, could speak and write English and had everything you would want, I don't know why I let it go as easily as I did - it's something of a regret of mine.

I have never found meeting women in Russia all that difficult when in Russia - even on the Aeroflot flight from Heathrow I got talking and got sat next to Natalia and she was gorgeous - the first Russian woman I had ever met in real life - tall, thin, blond and blue eyed and we exchanged addresses and wrote a couple of letters - but when I got there and saw the women attending the socials - they were nowhere near as nice as the women you could meet being out and about - I met loads of women and got talking to them - parks, cafes, on the metro - nicer looking than at the socials - I remember going to the Rio nightclub which is right under the Hotel Ukraine in Moscow and I was with someone but they had a show in the middle of the DJ set - these fit models were doing their catwalk thing and then when it was over - the models started boogying with the punters on the dancefloor :lol: - that would never happen anywhere else but of course I was with someone and had no chance to boogy on down with the models - who were amazing looking.

I think those socials are a rip off and bad value for money, especially if you're there! If you're in-country and you get yourself around and about - you're going to meet women, there is no doubt about it.
Huddo
Freshman Poster

Post by Huddo »

Yick, if you want me to send you the links to IMO the best 2 legitimate Russian dating sites let me know. One’s free and the other is a cheap monthly subscription. Every marriage I know of in the past 8 years I’ve been dating Russian women has began on one of these sites, including a handful of real life and online friends. I’ve got some of my guys on the ground as we speak meeting women and having an awesome time. Regional Russia has been untaped for years and even more so with the SMO, I avoid Moscow and St Pete and date Southern women. Definitely going on your own beats any tour and in a dating culture where you’re expected to be a man’s man, going solo gives a far better impression than travelling in a group for support. I have a foreign friend who lives in Ukraine that I’ve lost touch with now, he once told me he was sitting in a cafe with his GF when a AFA tour bus drove past and the men were ridiculed with statements like “look at the gullible lambs being lead to slaughter”
Last edited by Huddo on December 11th, 2023, 4:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Huddo wrote:
December 11th, 2023, 3:09 am
Yick, if you want me to send you the links to the best 2 legitimate Russian dating sites let me know. One’s free and the other is a cheap monthly subscription. Every marriage I know of in the past 8 years I’ve been dating Russian women has began on one of these sites, including a handful of real life and online friends. I’ve got some of my guys on the ground as we speak meeting women.
Huddo! That would be amazing! Thank you, you're a legend! :D that has what has put me off from the whole online dating thing with Russia these days are the amount of fake profile and scammers, it was bad back then but now I wouldn't even know where to start - cheers mate that would be massively appreciated.
Huddo
Freshman Poster

Post by Huddo »

yick wrote:
December 11th, 2023, 3:26 am
Huddo wrote:
December 11th, 2023, 3:09 am
Yick, if you want me to send you the links to the best 2 legitimate Russian dating sites let me know. One’s free and the other is a cheap monthly subscription. Every marriage I know of in the past 8 years I’ve been dating Russian women has began on one of these sites, including a handful of real life and online friends. I’ve got some of my guys on the ground as we speak meeting women.
Huddo! That would be amazing! Thank you, you're a legend! :D that has what has put me off from the whole online dating thing with Russia these days are the amount of fake profile and scammers, it was bad back then but now I wouldn't even know where to start - cheers mate that would be massively appreciated.
I’ll pm you shortly. The free site isn’t really moderated so you will find your typical Visa, airfare, sick grandmother type scammer, but the are easy to identify by either massaging you first or wanting to chat via email and have every excuse under the sun why they can’t call or video chat. This is the site I’ve used the most. Typically I spend a couple of hours to a couple days chatting on the site, then if there’s chemistry we move to WhatsApp or Telegram and immediately video chat as a scam check. What I’ve found is many women ask to video chat first so they can do their own scam checks for fake profiles, married men etc… The monthly subscription site is very proactive removing scammers. Usually it’s the same style of scammer:- visa / airfare etc.. several times I’ve had a scammer message me and others, by the time I’ve clicked on the message the profile has already been reported and removed. My guy on the ground atm has met 7-8 woman this year from that site. All have been honest women and haven’t taken advantage of him financially. There’s been a few personally red flags, but the last woman he now met 3 times could be the one. This site also has a great forum where men and women chat daily and you can ask the women anything and get honest answers, even dating tips and relationship advice.

My tips on your profile is to indicate that you’ve travelled to Russia before, use 3 pictures :- one in casual clothes, one something a bit more formal and a picture of you outdoors being active. You probably already know this but for others, real FSU women rarely message first, you’re the man and have to make the first move. Because 95% of men never travel, most of women’s time is wasted by keyboard Romeos, married men and fake profiles all seeking an online fantasy, so they are usually very cautious and it takes time to build trust and for them to open up. Pretty much they behave the opposite of “women” on PPL sites like AFA, Anastasia date etc.. you’ve actually got to have some conversation skills to attract a real FSU woman and a sense of humour is a big bonus.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

@yick: as South American passport holder, you should be able to salsa dance (though tango better, IMO). If so, you'll be inundated by prospects at salsa dances. Unfortunately, they may not speak fluent English or Spanish, but they should speak basic English. Not every girl in Russia salsa dances, but it's a much better way to meet than online. If you don't dance, lessons an even better way to meet girls, since almost everyone learning salsa is learning to meet the opposite sex (a few existing couples learn so they have something to do together). Unfortunately, language issue will be even bigger with lessons, though it's mostly just follow the examples, and no need to understand words. Explain your dual citizenship and say you decided it was finally time to learn to dance given the south American citizenship.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Shemp wrote:
December 11th, 2023, 7:24 pm
@yick: as South American passport holder, you should be able to salsa dance (though tango better, IMO). If so, you'll be inundated by prospects at salsa dances. Unfortunately, they may not speak fluent English or Spanish, but they should speak basic English. Not every girl in Russia salsa dances, but it's a much better way to meet than online. If you don't dance, lessons an even better way to meet girls, since almost everyone learning salsa is learning to meet the opposite sex (a few existing couples learn so they have something to do together). Unfortunately, language issue will be even bigger with lessons, though it's mostly just follow the examples, and no need to understand words. Explain your dual citizenship and say you decided it was finally time to learn to dance given the south American citizenship.
Cheers for the heads up, Frank! I found that when I was there last time albeit awhile ago that all things culturally Latin resonated with them, when I was there there was a telenovela craze going on and I looked like some Colombian heartthrob on TV at the time and they didn't think I was actually him but a fair few women remarked I had a striking resemblance to him - I think that is great advice about the dancing but I do have two left feet so my Hispanic DNA doesn't transfer to the dance floor but if that is where the hotties are then that's where I am going to be. :lol:
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Massive hat tip to @Huddo for his assistance regards this, there are some gems on both sites and I am very grateful for his advice on all this. Massively much appreciated! I plan on a trip over there in the summer - Russia is the target but happy to write and eventually go to Kazakhstan or Uzbekistan - which would be amazing as I have never been there but always wanted to go.
Huddo
Freshman Poster

Post by Huddo »

yick wrote:
December 11th, 2023, 11:49 pm
Massive hat tip to @Huddo for his assistance regards this, there are some gems on both sites and I am very grateful for his advice on all this. Massively much appreciated! I plan on a trip over there in the summer - Russia is the target but happy to write and eventually go to Kazakhstan or Uzbekistan - which would be amazing as I have never been there but always wanted to go.
Happy to help 👍

You’re not a novice at this so you’ll have definitely have an enjoyable adventure, even with the conflict continuing. Just be smart. As much as some members BS about the freedom in Russia, now a member is actually travelling there it’s time to be realistic about what’s actually happening on the ground. 99% of the time you’ll have no problems at all, but stay clear of any political discussions and don’t talk about the SMO. Soon at a tourist you’ll have to sign documents that will put you at risk of jail if you talk negatively about anything going on in Russia. Combine that with the fact that denouncing friends, family, neighbours and strangers, the same as the Stalin era is rising dramatically, it’s best to act naive and not comment about anything even behind closed doors with friends. Chances are you worst you’ll experience is slipping the police $50 if you’re driving, but behind the scenes their society is getting further repressed everyday.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

@yick A follow up question. Did you meet Olga from Samara in real? Did you fly her out to Moscow or did you go to her?

She could have been your wife.

Also why did you choose China over Russia. There were plenty of English teaching jobs in Moscow in the 90s and 2000s and the Q of women in Russia is much better.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Voyager1 wrote:
December 16th, 2023, 11:07 pm
@yick A follow up question. Did you meet Olga from Samara in real? Did you fly her out to Moscow or did you go to her?

She could have been your wife.

Also why did you choose China over Russia. There were plenty of English teaching jobs in Moscow in the 90s and 2000s and the Q of women in Russia is much better.
No, I didn't meet her, if I did I wouldn't have let go of the correspondence so easily, it was in its flourishing stages which is why I let it go, yes, she could have been my wife, she liked me and I liked her but not enough to go through with continuing to correspond with her when it hit a roadblock I guess, my loss.

Actually, I went to South Korea first, to fix up my teeth and get my short sight fixed so I could go to Russia to get a woman but then I fell into the lifestyle here and it has been that way since and that is arguable about the quality of women - it depends what you like, if you like white women then Russia is amazing - I like Russia for the women as well but China and Korea were also very good - China, there are millions of young women and also I wasn't looking forward to dealing with Russian winter, also, the employment factors were superior in Asia also - better money and better working conditions.