Russophone Dating Sites- Excellent but with Ageism Problem.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I don't think the knowledge of multiple languages is a problem, it's more when/where and when/where not to use them. Sometimes it's best to keep silent that you know what others are saying. I've been to that hostel you mentioned. They must have been staying there to know that there is a place to sit outside. I would never know unless I had been there before as there is a gate there.

So did they get their just desserts? They must have really had some deep-seated hate for Ukraine to attack you like that! A perfect stranger. Perhaps they deserved losing their money and then going to jail, serves them right. So what happened to them? Did the police ask if you wanted to prosecute or is that the hostels choice?

No wonder Russian guys have a reputation of being ass-holes!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

They tagged after some guest who was staying in the hostel and he left them there and went into his room. They sat in the passageway drunk, doing nothing. I do not think they had hatred, just scorn. After the cops came and took them , that was the last thing I heard of them. The cops came back to ask us a few questions and we told them that these were trespassers and the cops said they were going to lock them up. I do not envy their fate.

It was surreal seeing those Russian thugs and the Filipina pension house staff- you saw those girls, right- all girls, like seven of them- and they all love and respect me dearly and we always chat and drink coffee and coke and joke and they were screaming on top of their lungs and squeaking with horror and they went to get the Barangay Tanod and how quickly the whole thing was over. How, after these animals were off the premises, how they were talking about how I was attacked and how courageous I was...I complain about the inefficiency of the country a lot but the warm protective way in which they reacted towards me made me forget the sloppy service and their naivite. Sometimes they can be real good people and they will stand up for you when you are in trouble.

The Russian guys were dumb, dumb, dumb. And they forgot where they were- that it was the Philippines where you speak soft, act soft, do not raise your voice and do not get violent with strangers. I had to remind them that they were on the Philippine territory and Filipinos would protect me.
I was on my turf!

Yeah, sometimes you need to be careful with languages.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ladislav wrote: Here is a wacky and bizarre example: I was at my pension house in Manila this summer and suddenly I walked out and saw two guys sitting in the passageway leading to the gate- the pension house is located in a courtyard of sorts- so, anyway, they were Russian tourists, in their twenties, drunk and in a bad mood. One it turned out later, had lost his wallet with a 1000 dollars in it. I spoke Russian to them which I thought they would appreciate. They did not. They heard my accent ( and my Russian is heavily accented and not by English) and started mocking me in a hostile manner- making fun of me and calling me names. One grabbed me by my T-shirt and then started shouting at me to give him one thousand dollars. I yelled at the front desk girl to call the police and so she did, but by the time the cops had arrived, the drunk thug was already wrestling me onto the ground. The cops came but I had already been significantly mauled by that hoodlum. Yeah, they took them away, but had I spoken English this may not have happened. I would have been treated as an American should be - with deference and a respectful distance. A citizen of a superpower. The Russians treated me with scorn because they heard accent from Ukraine ( and the South of it, at that). Crazy, insane crap that could have been avoided had I not known Russian.

I may need a lobotomy to erase all these languages.
Damn Ladislav. I told you you were reckless. Why would you want to talk to two Russian drunks? What good could come out of it? You should only talk to them if they look calm and pleasant mannered. It's like you take unnecessary risks for no gain, which is illogical. One ought to take risks when there is a gain, but in your case there was no gain, only risk.

Why am I one of the few people who are logical in this world? Sheesh.

Why didn't you pound those guys' asses? Don't you have any combat skills? You should let me teach you some.

Did you tell the police what happened? What was their punishment?

How could a Russian lose a thousand dollars? They are street smart and know how to avoid being robbed in Russia, so why would they be robbed in the Philippines. They aren't gullible tourists.

Come to think of it, I remember when you, me and Dianne were at that karaoke place in Manila, and while you were talking to two young guys near us, one of them looked angry as if he were about to pick a fight with you. You were lucky to diffuse it. I was trying to help but I had no idea what he was pissed about.

How did you get him riled up like that? Filipino guys never act that way toward me. They are always courteous and respectful, even when I am angry and complaining about something. Other white guys also tell me that they get nasty looks from Filipino guys sometimes or get called names as they are walking by with Filipinas. That never happens to me, but I hear it from other white guys here. I guess my innocent looks must act as a shield for me here.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

BTW, one time my dad and I were arguing outside after he walked off and refused to wait for me while I argued with some waitstaff over being overcharged, which I won. But while we were arguing, my dad had his usual angry face during his temper, and then all of a sudden, some drunk Filipino guy came out of nowhere and yelled to my dad "HEY, DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT!" We tried to clear up the obvious misunderstanding, but he continued to charge and try to pick a fight, using a bag of lettuce he was carrying (weird). Intimidated, my dad ran off. Enraged, I was about to tell him off, threaten him and kick his ass, but some inner voice told me to just leave the scene. The inner voice was overwhelming and overrode my temper, so I obeyed it. But part of me wished that I had taught that shithead a lesson.

Don't listen to the fearmongers who tell you that foreigners always lose when they fight with Filipinos. I have heard of many who won fights as well. You can't always live in fear.

But anyhow, that was odd, cause in the three years I have been here, no one has ever come out of nowhere like that to pick a fight with me. My dad does have a temper but I never thought it would come to that. No one in the 1st world snobby countries he's been to has ever come out to pick a fight with him like that too. He is one of the most universally liked guys in the world. His karma is pure and always kind. But he has a temper.

It's weird. Some people's aura triggers responses like that. Mine doesn't here. But it did in Russia. In Russia, old ladies and random people would yell at me and take out their anger at me for no reason, out of nowhere.

I guess I must vibe well better here.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
whosyourdaddy
Freshman Poster

Post by whosyourdaddy »

ladislav, why don't you just lie about your age? If you look 36, then write 36? as you stated 49 in the Ukraine/ Russia is 70 in the western world!!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I am not used to lying so it would be hard to change. I was in Ukraine with an 18 year old model quality gal this May. No one would even give us a second look. One woman said: what a beautiful young couple!
I was with a 19 year old girl in Russia and well, they thought that we were father and daughter. You are about 31- they said about me.
Maybe I should start lying.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
YoucancallmeAl
Freshman Poster

Post by YoucancallmeAl »

Yeah, I lie about my age on my foreign dating site. I shave 3 years off so they think that I'm still in my 30's instead of 40's. That can make a big difference!
I've always looked young for my age but recently started getting a lot of gray. So I had my hair colored to hide the gray before I put a profile photo up.

I don't feel guilty about lying about my age because it's just a tiny white lie that doesn't hurt anybody. And in a way it's closer to the truth than my real age is, as I feel I have a lot more in common with younger people (tastes in music, film, politics, humor, etc) than people in their 40's.

Does anyone think it's a bad idea to lie about your age online? I figure if I meet in person and we get really close, I can tell the girl the truth then.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Post by MatureDJ »

ladislav wrote:My height is another obstacle. I am 5'7" which for those countries is short. I have to compete with tall guys there. Big strapping boys. Filipinas, otoh, like the fact that I am not so tall- they feel comfortable with me. One girl in Russia just blew me off the site because I am too short.

Not so different from US dating sites, if you ask me except that the girls are one zillion times prettier and are not as nasty. But otherwise, it is another barren desert for me.

'Island boy, what you wanting with the white girls' world?'
Try internet dating at 5'5". :cry:

Dating sites in the USA are a complete joke. From the "winks" I get (I leave my profile there just for the shits), I am amazed at just how ugly women can be, and how ugly women with a couple of kids think that I would be interested in them.

I just don't like the little brown f***ing machines. I like Slavic women - that's why I am in Kiev (I may move to another city in the future.)
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

YoucancallmeAl wrote:Does anyone think it's a bad idea to lie about your age online? I figure if I meet in person and we get really close, I can tell the girl the truth then.
Women don't like being lied to. Telling her the truth after you get "close" could destroy your relationship. What if she tells you that your age wasn't the issue, but your dishonesty was? You'll never forgive yourself.