Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond


Postby Enishi » April 26th, 2010, 5:09 pm

I was wondering, if you book to stay at a hostel while in Russia on a tourist visa, but then go to spend several nights at a friends house instead, can you get in trouble for it?
Freshman Poster
Posts: 345
Joined: September 3rd, 2007, 7:24 pm

Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!

Postby Winston » April 26th, 2010, 5:30 pm

Not usually. As I remember, you got to get some organization, such as a hostel or hotel, to sign off on your visa. Even if you don't stay at the hostel/hotel, if you pay them they will be willing to stamp their name on your visa for the duration of it.

If you got your visa through for instance, they usually have an organization that will stamp the duration of your stay.

You should ask this question on forum to be sure. Or contact the customer service at
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 24766
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm

Return to Russia, Ukraine, Former Soviet Republics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests