Just, You Know, Mexico A Sort of Photo Essay--Fred Reed

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Just, You Know, Mexico A Sort of Photo Essay--Fred Reed

Post by zboy1 »

http://www.fredoneverything.net/OutandAbout.shtml
People seeming to have an interest in Mexico and the desperate,blood-soakded lives we live here, I asked Vi to find photos she liked in the archives and stick them together. Herewith. Photos by FOE Staff.
Average beach, Micnoacàn, at sundown. Fred, dissolute as a matter of prinicple, supervises waves with a cold Tecate. To get here, you drive north from Ajijic to Guadalajara, turn left until you hit the Pacific coast at Manzanillo, turn left again, and find hundreds, perhaps thousands or millions, of miles of deserted beaches. We stay in a little town with one hotel of four rooms, one of them a suite, of about two stars, with chickens cackling in the yard and no gringos, cackling or otherwise. And eat garlic shrimp in a restaurant whose floor is the beach, with a leaky thatch roof and usually no customers. Maybe there is a God.

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Good to be reminded, thanks.

I love Fred.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
MeGustanLatinas
Freshman Poster

Post by MeGustanLatinas »

Isn't that supposed to be Michoacán? I can't find any other reference to "Micnoacàn" anywhere that doesn't lead right back to this article.