Southwest Airlines now flying into Mexico and Costa Rica

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Southwest Airlines now flying into Mexico and Costa Rica

Post by MattHanson1990 »

I wanted to give some of you guys a heads up that Southwest Airlines now has international flights to the Caribbean and Mexico, and in the near future they're going to fly into Costa Rica. If you purchase the wanna get away fare, that can be as low as UNDER $200 USD round trip if you book your flight a month or two in advance. The only thing that is annoying me about Southwest flying into Mexico is that they only fly into Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico City, and Cancun, in which three of them are big tourist destinations and may not be ideal places if you want to be HA since I have a feeling those places are Americanized. I hope Southwest will eventually fly into other Mexican cities like Guadalajara, Veracruz, and Chihuahua City. And I also hope they will fly nonstop from Albuquerque to Mexico since the airport in Albuquerque is called "Albuquerque International Sunport"; it would make perfect sense to have international flights out of Albuquerque, especially considering New Mexico borders Mexico.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Southwest Airlines now flying into Mexico and Costa Rica

Post by fschmidt »

From Mexico City, you can get a bus to many worthwhile destinations in central Mexico. Seems like a good opportunity to me.