Can East Indian looking men get women in Colombia?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Mobo
Freshman Poster

Re: Can East Indian looking men get women in Colombia?

Post by Mobo »

==
Last edited by Mobo on August 24th, 2023, 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

trident765 wrote: I know looking Indian is unattractive, but it shouldn't be THAT unattractive!
Honestly, @trident765, you are confusing everyone here, including myself. If you are expecting to date a white Caucasian girl in the US (or UK, etc.), of course looks are the first and foremost thing on the plate. Somehow, this girl will have to be OK or actively like your "Indian-like" look. Or whatever your facial and body features are.

Then as the relationship progresses, your culture mix with hers will take over the realm of first impressions. You have stated that your mother cultures are Iranian (Persian?) and American. So, much of what people like @yick and myself have been discussing are completely out of context. You will never smell like curry, you will never have a family who will "suggest" pre-arranged dates and all that stuff.

As @Mobo says, you seem to imply that your "looking Indian" is the source of your ugliness. Well, there are lots of handsome Indians of all skin tones. Maybe your frustration lies somewhere else.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

publicduende wrote:
August 22nd, 2023, 8:45 pm
It was not only that. He had overly rosy expectations, or hopes, which was quite clear would be brutally crushed when landing on reality.
And now you want to give it to someone else for no f***ing reason at all - stupidity and a lack of self-introspection at its finest.

Did I ever say he would be "swimming in p***y", you dimwit? I said, by experience, life in urban UK for an Indian (or Pakistani) looking guy who wants to take an effort to blend in is not such a bad thing.
You basically told him to 'come on over'

Move to the UK buddy. They have been living with Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan people more than 2 centuries. British girls have zero complaints about men who look like you, especially if you're tall and know how to chat up a lady.
My London/city experience told me something. Your small-town working class life experience tells you otherwise. My opinion is not lesser than yours and to resort to name calling just proves everybody here what a small-minded person you are.
No, my forty plus years living in the UK and being British tells me something and your ten years being a white foreigner tells you not as much as you think - your opinion is definitely lesser than mine in such a way that if this was the other way around you would be reminding me of it in EVERY post - f**k off.

And you saw Indians and dark-skinned men doing well in rural Colombia?
Did the OP say he wanted to go there? He probably eyed up Medellin like every other f***er

Look, the best evidence is in plain sight. Buy yourself a friggin' ticket to London, or Birmingham, or Southampton, roam a few high streets, walk into a few pubs and bars and see by yourself how many white girls date men of Indian, Pakistani, middle Eastern, and Afro-caribbean descent. You can't see what you won't see.
They don't and if you look up statistics - like very recent ones, the numbers back this up - now what you will see are black men with white women, you will see a fair amount of white men with black women, there seems to be a lot of marriages between white British men and Filipinas and sure - once in a blue moon you will see a Asian man and a white woman but so few that it actually turn heads - EVEN in London.

And wait - there is more! In the UK not only are there racial divides but class divides! People tend to date within their social class and there are so many studies to this it isn't even funny, did you know that most mixed race relationships happen between working class people in the UK? That's true.
Maybe I have a bias opposite to yours because I worked in the City, which is a subculture packed with well-groomed, well-educated men of East Asian descent. Once again, is my perspective lesser than yours?
Yeah it is.

I save my "active aggressive" behaviour for much better causes. No point debating with a small-minded Brit who hasn't even seen enough of his own country, yet belittles other people's opinions with name calling.
I don't know what 'active aggressive' means - that is just something you have made up, I have seen more of the planet than you, you rotary club whore - never mind my own country.
I never said I am the ultimate expert on British culture, but surely I have an opinion, I have a perspective. Again, while it might be true that white British women are aware of the family pressure on the typical British Indian family, to marry within the same culture, that doesn't mean British Indians cannot date those girls if they so wish. You seem to reason by stereotypes. Even if "the research" points out a trend, there are still plenty of exceptions, especially in the larger more urban enclaves.
Your opinion means shit and means shit next to an actual British persons. I am sure SOME Indian parents say to their sons 'hey, you can have fun but you aren't marrying them' but guess who doesn't want to be a fucktoy for men who will go onto an arranged marriage with someone from 'back home' that's right, white British women or the vast majority wouldn't.
Haha why do you keep mentioning the Rotary Club? I left them years ago, when I realised that they were not about helping, but more about grabbing funds from the richer clubs from US, Australia, Japan etc.
Because it exposes you for the petty bourgeois snob that you are.

And I absolutely stand by it. If you feel the UK is racist, you should pay a visit to France, or even Italy. Or Japan, where I heard girls saying they hate dark people because "their skin looks like cockroach skin".
Well, you can't have been around for the Windrush deportations where they deported British people and not only did they do that, the state destroyed all the evidence where they could have successfully appealed - your opinion as a white Italian man in the UK - can go and get f***ed - your opinion means shit - stick to issues surrounding Italy - I might listen to it then

So why did I meet so many successful people of Indian, Pakistani (not to mention Chinese, Turkish etc.) etc. descent? They are all glitches in the matrix of deep-seated institutionalised racism, aren't they.
I am sure you did - one is even a Prime Minister - they made sure he didn't go to the public vote because nobody would have voted for him but yeah, they're exceptions rather than the rule - talking about our wonderful competent PM and his wife - is it a white woman? Please tell me :lol:
No country is perfect, the debate is always about relative values here.
But your opinions on relative values mean shit - especially when you lie to people online about how they're going to fare about coming to the UK and dating these women - it is nigh on irrepsonible

You seem to speak by experience. If anything, the UK is a classist society and on this I wholeheartedly agree with you: it's the undereducated, lazy dimwits like you who usually take it up their backs from the system. It's not the Indians, it's not the Rotarian. It's you.
Yeah - I am a lazy, undereducated dimwit who has seen more of the world, lived in more countries in the world and of course seen and more know about the UK than you - and I don't have to suck up to some rotary club wanker to make myself feel important - I am in the middle of Welsh speaking Wales at the moment, I doubt you have been here - a place where my fathers family came from, where the indigenous Britons came from.

I basically said the British girl are much more open to dating a well-educated, well-groomed, good looking British-born Indian (Pakistani, etc.) man. Skin tone is not a discriminant, class is.
And it is utter bullshit.
These are his literal words.

Since we are talking about acceptance based on appearance, I mentioned that he would do OK in the UK.
His actual inroad with British women will be being American, his actual look will be a negative - especially in this day and age - things have got worse. Most white British women date and marry white British men, what mixed relationships there are, are between African-Caribbean black men and white British women and the vast majority of those relationships are between working class people. This fantasy you're building up is nonsense and it is wrong that it should go unchallenged on here because people read and the stupider ones might act on it, it has to be challenged - now, go and find the stats, the British government are kind enough to provide them for us and let us know where this fantasy world of yours exists, not in the land I am standing in now, that's for sure.
Mobo
Freshman Poster

Post by Mobo »

==
Last edited by Mobo on August 24th, 2023, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

yick wrote:
August 22nd, 2023, 9:15 pm
No, my forty plus years living in the UK and being British tells me something and your ten years being a white foreigner tells you not as much as you think - your opinion is definitely lesser than mine in such a way that if this was the other way around you would be reminding me of it in EVERY post - f**k off.
If your "forty plus years living in the UK and being British" amount to this, I am sorry, I have nothing but pity for you. And no, even if I was convinced (which I am not) that your opinion were lesser than mine, I wouldn't be wasting my time belittling you and calling you names. The way you react to other people's opinion is just revealing of what kind of personality you have got.
yick wrote:
Did the OP say he wanted to go there? He probably eyed up Medellin like every other f***er
I think his problem is not in his Iranian-american heritage, not in his dark skinned. Somehow he convinced himself that he is ugly and complains that statistics are against him.

And I also think we didn't do ourselves a favour, by descending in a diatribe about "Indians" dating British girls, since he is not even culturally Indian.
yick wrote:
They don't and if you look up statistics - like very recent ones, the numbers back this up - now what you will see are black men with white women, you will see a fair amount of white men with black women, there seems to be a lot of marriages between white British men and Filipinas and sure - once in a blue moon you will see a Asian man and a white woman but so few that it actually turn heads - EVEN in London.

And wait - there is more! In the UK not only are there racial divides but class divides! People tend to date within their social class and there are so many studies to this it isn't even funny, did you know that most mixed race relationships happen between working class people in the UK? That's true.
I agree with you on class divides. That's something I saw everyday. Racial/ethnical divides...we need to be more specific. UK is a society that welcomes and rewards conformity. A British-born Indian or British-born middle eastern who conforms to the high standards of the average City worker - high education, high pay, intense work/play routine etc. - will do well with the girls. I have seen it with my eyes.

Perhaps I shouldn't generalise over the entire United Kingdom, but that's why I keep repeating that this trend is probably there in the large cities, where girls (and boys) are more used to the melting pot.
yick wrote:
I don't know what 'active aggressive' means - that is just something you have made up, I have seen more of the planet than you, you rotary club whore - never mind my own country.
I doubt you have. And if you have "seen", maybe you haven't "observed". A little mind for a little world.
yick wrote:
Your opinion means shit and means shit next to an actual British persons. I am sure SOME Indian parents say to their sons 'hey, you can have fun but you aren't marrying them' but guess who doesn't want to be a fucktoy for men who will go onto an arranged marriage with someone from 'back home' that's right, white British women or the vast majority wouldn't.
OK, so now you're admitting that "some parents" would allow their son to play around with white girl until the pre-arranged marriage with gorgeous Lakshmi come along. Wasn't the initial argument that the Indian won't be able to get the white girl because she's racist?
yick wrote:
Because it exposes you for the petty bourgeois snob that you are.
While you're the working class hero who knows it all, right? :) Words of advice mate: don't type on a forum late at night, your mind is clouded and you clearly don't know what you're talking about.
yick wrote:
Well, you can't have been around for the Windrush deportations where they deported British people and not only did they do that, the state destroyed all the evidence where they could have successfully appealed - your opinion as a white man in the UK - can go and get f***ed - your opinion means shit - stick to issues surrounding Italy - I might listen to it then
What has the Windrush scandal got to do with this? I am not talking about illegal immigration, or changing migration policies. I am talking about people's perception of legit British citizens, or at least legal migrants, who have a non white British ancestry and are culturally well integrated. You're meandering here. Don't you have better ammunition?
yick wrote:
I am sure you did - one is even a Prime Minister - they made sure he didn't go to the public vote because nobody would have voted for him but yeah, they're exceptions rather than the rule - talking about our wonderful competent PM - is it a white woman? Please tell me :lol:
Well, the fact itself that Mr Sunak could go as far high in the cabinet should tell you that there is no institutional racism. Like you said, everything is played out more on socio-economic status lines. Whether you like it or not, Rishi Sunak is a member of the Oxford and Stanford educated elite. Marrying the daughter of a billionaire didn't hurt either.

So don't play the race card, you had incompetent white Caucasian PMs as well...including a white woman :)
yick wrote:
But your opinions on relative values mean shit - especially when you lie to people online about how they're going to fare about coming to the UK and dating these women - it is nigh on irrepsonible
Dude, you're taking this way too seriously. It's just an O-PI-NION, my opinion. We're not OP's family or guardian. In the end he can do whatever the hell he wants. I am just relating my experience of seeing people who look like him who may well not be the best pieces of meat on the market stall, yet do date white girls and are definitely not discriminated for their skin tone alone.
yick wrote:
Yeah - I am a lazy, undereducated dimwit who has seen more of the world, lived in more countries in the world and of course seen and more know about the UK than you - and I don't have to suck up to some rotary club wanker to make myself feel important - I am in the middle of Welsh speaking Wales at the moment, I doubt you have been here - a place where my fathers family came from, where the indigenous Britons came from.
I have actually been to Wales a few times, including a camping holiday near Swansea with some college friends a million years ago. You don't have to suck me up, but you do sound like a pathetic dimwit when you have to resort to name calling to prove your opinion is more valid than mine. That's what I am criticising, not your opinion per se.
yick wrote:
His actual inroad with British women will be being American, his actual look will be a negative - especially in this day and age - things have got worse. Most white British women date and marry white British men, what mixed relationships there are, are between African-Caribbean black men and white British women and the vast majority of those relationships are between working class people. This fantasy you're building up is nonsense and it is wrong that it should go unchallenged on here because people read and the stupider ones might act on it, it has to be challenged - now, go and find the stats, the British government are kind enough to provide them for us and let us know where this fantasy world of yours exists, not in the land I am standing in now, that's for sure.
LOL, you think the British government will publish stats on who the British white girls will like, date, or have sex with? :D
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

publicduende wrote:
August 22nd, 2023, 9:55 pm

If your "forty plus years living in the UK and being British" amount to this, I am sorry, I have nothing but pity for you. And no, even if I was convinced (which I am not) that your opinion were lesser than mine, I wouldn't be wasting my time belittling you and calling you names. The way you react to other people's opinion is just revealing of what kind of personality you have got.
Please, don't be sorry - I am not doing it for your benefit, I am doing it for people who might be daft enough to read what you have written and take it on board in a practical manner and no need to pity me either, I actually truly and seriously pity you as you picked a marriage partner based on what your snob Rotary Club friends think you rotary club whore - hey, I am not much but not even I would stoop so low as a human being as to do that.

I think his problem is not in his Iranian-american heritage, not in his dark skinned. Somehow he convinced himself that he is ugly and complains that statistics are against him.

And I also think we didn't do ourselves a favour, by descending in a diatribe about "Indians" dating British girls, since he is not even culturally Indian.
Yes, we can agree with that, he isn't Indian, he wasn't asking about the UK.

I agree with you on class divides. That's something I saw everyday. Racial/ethnical divides...we need to be more specific. UK is a society that welcomes and rewards conformity. A British-born Indian or British-born middle eastern who conforms to the high standards of the average City worker - high education, high pay, intense work/play routine etc. - will do well with the girls. I have seen it with my eyes.
It doesn't - that's the problem - your British-Indian city worker who probably went to a Russell Group university or Oxbridge and the culture their parents have still pertains to who they marry and date. Most mixed race relationships happen amongst working class people - fact.
Perhaps I shouldn't generalise over the entire United Kingdom, but that's why I keep repeating that this trend is probably there in the large cities, where girls (and boys) are more used to the melting pot.
A small minority of British Asians - most mixed race relationships are between working class people.
I doubt you have. And if you have "seen", maybe you haven't "observed". A little mind for a little world.
I might have a small mind but it wouldn't be one where I picked a wife based on the prejudices of some rotary club member snob in Davao and what they thought of my wife because of her skin pigmentation - so, for all your intellect and worldly wisdom, you are still a weak minded fool and I would put where I have lived and where I have been against you any day of the week.

OK, so now you're admitting that "some parents" would allow their son to play around with white girl until the pre-arranged marriage with gorgeous Lakshmi come along. Wasn't the initial argument that the Indian won't be able to get the white girl because she's racist?
Some probably would, I have already said some white women date Asian men but such a small amount it wouldn't be worth getting on a plane for - that SOME would allow their sons to f**k their way around before they find a 'nice girl' to marry means shit - the white girl doesn't want to date a guy for many reasons - one is colour and race but an other is because the white woman knows she won't be marrying him - there are many reasons, like I said in my first post, sometimes it is the white girls family, sometimes it is the place where they live, sometimes it's religious incompatibilities, sometimes the local community - especially Pakistani Muslim - would be quite hostile - lots and lots and lots of reasons. Like I said at the beginning.

While you're the working class hero who knows it all, right? :) Words of advice mate: don't type on a forum late at night, your mind is clouded and you clearly don't know what you're talking about.
I know more about this subject than you - which is why you cannot provide ONE link to prove me wrong whereas I can provide MANY links to prove you wrong, that's the difference - your so-called 'real life experiences' can be rubbished by people who study what we're talking about.

What has the Windrush scandal got to do with this? I am not talking about illegal immigration, or changing migration policies. I am talking about people's perception of legit British citizens, or at least legal migrants, who have a non white British ancestry and are culturally well integrated. You're meandering here. Don't you have better ammunition?
What are you talking about? You are saying the UK is the least racist society in the world but they deport and destroy evidence of British people based on origins and colour - you're talking shit and it is just one more bit of proof to underline - you are talking shit.

Well, the fact itself that Mr Sunak could go as far high in the cabinet should tell you that there is no institutional racism. Like you said, everything is played out more on socio-economic status lines. Whether you like it or not, Rishi Sunak is a member of the Oxford and Stanford educated elite. Marrying the daughter of a billionaire didn't hurt either.
You didn't read the links I gave you, you clown - the BRITISH GOVERNMENT states there's institutional racism - they, them - you noticed Sunak didn't marry a white woman and I have no idea of his dating life before his arranged marriage but I doubt he dated one either.
So don't play the race card, you had incompetent white Caucasian PMs as well...including a white woman :)
British Indian man marries Indian woman - like most do - QED. Now f**k off.

Dude, you're taking this way too seriously. It's just an O-PI-NION, my opinion. We're not OP's family or guardian. In the end he can do whatever the hell he wants. I am just relating my experience of seeing people who look like him who may well not be the best pieces of meat on the market stall, yet do date white girls and are definitely not discriminated for their skin tone alone.
Your opinion is bullshit, you spent months arguing with a yank over the cultural mores of your country and yes you were proven right in the end but now you are talking shit and you're getting called out on it because it is my duty because not only are you giving wrong advice but this is also a 'historical' document, it is preserved on this site and someone in the future who might not be too bright might go 'golly, I look Indian' I think I will try my luck in the UK because all these women will be ripping their underwear off at me' so at least there will be a counter argument to the bullshit - just as it would be if I was coming out with crap about Italy.

I have actually been to Wales a few times, including a camping holiday near Swansea with some college friends a million years ago. You don't have to suck me up, but you do sound like a pathetic dimwit when you have to resort to name calling to prove your opinion is more valid than mine. That's what I am criticising, not your opinion per se.
Thats how you deal with passive aggressive wankers like you, you argue from a very dishonest, sneaky groundpoint and I am the dimwit who married someone who the rotary club would approve of... nope, not me... I wonder who that was.

LOL, you think the British government will publish stats on who the British white girls will like, date, or have sex with? :D
Yes they're called marriage statistics.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

yick wrote:
August 22nd, 2023, 10:36 pm
publicduende wrote:

Please, don't be sorry - I am not doing it for your benefit, I am doing it for people who might be daft enough to read what you have written and take it on board in a practical manner and no need to pity me either, I actually truly and seriously pity you as you picked a marriage partner based on what your snob Rotary Club friends think you rotary club whore - hey, I am not much but not even I would stoop so low as a human being as to do that.

It doesn't - that's the problem - your British-Indian city worker who probably went to a Russell Group university or Oxbridge and the culture their parents have still pertains to who they marry and date. Most mixed race relationships happen amongst working class people - fact.
A small minority of British Asians - most mixed race relationships are between working class people.
I might have a small mind but it wouldn't be one where I picked a wife based on the prejudices of some rotary club member snob in Davao and what they thought of my wife because of her skin pigmentation - so, for all your intellect and worldly wisdom, you are still a weak minded fool and I would put where I have lived and where I have been against you any day of the week.

Some probably would, I have already said some white women date Asian men but such a small amount it wouldn't be worth getting on a plane for - that SOME would allow their sons to f**k their way around before they find a 'nice girl' to marry means shit - the white girl doesn't want to date a guy for many reasons - one is colour and race but an other is because the white woman knows she won't be marrying him - there are many reasons, like I said in my first post, sometimes it is the white girls family, sometimes it is the place where they live, sometimes it's religious incompatibilities, sometimes the local community - especially Pakistani Muslim - would be quite hostile - lots and lots and lots of reasons. Like I said at the beginning.

I know more about this subject than you - which is why you cannot provide ONE link to prove me wrong whereas I can provide MANY links to prove you wrong, that's the difference - your so-called 'real life experiences' can be rubbished by people who study what we're talking about.

What are you talking about? You are saying the UK is the least racist society in the world but they deport and destroy evidence of British people based on origins and colour - you're talking shit and it is just one more bit of proof to underline - you are talking shit.

You didn't read the links I gave you, you clown - the BRITISH GOVERNMENT states there's institutional racism - they, them - you noticed Sunak didn't marry a white woman and I have no idea of his dating life before his arranged marriage but I doubt he dated one either.

Your opinion is bullshit, you spent months arguing with a yank over the cultural mores of your country and yes you were proven right in the end but now you are talking shit and you're getting called out on it because it is my duty because not only are you giving wrong advice but this is also a 'historical' document, it is preserved on this site and someone in the future who might not be too bright might go 'golly, I look Indian' I think I will try my luck in the UK because all these women will be ripping their underwear off at me' so at least there will be a counter argument to the bullshit - just as it would be if I was coming out with crap about Italy.

Thats how you deal with passive aggressive wankers like you, you argue from a very dishonest, sneaky groundpoint and I am the dimwit who married someone who the rotary club would approve of... nope, not me... I wonder who that was.

Sorry mate, I'd love to rebate but I can't stop laughing at all the Rotary Club related stuff you keep writing :D

Maybe it's better to leave it like this. Another little man off ranting away while off meds. You'll be better in the morning, I am sure.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

publicduende wrote:
August 22nd, 2023, 11:27 pm
yick wrote:
August 22nd, 2023, 10:36 pm
publicduende wrote:

Sorry mate, I'd love to rebate but I can't stop laughing at all the Rotary Club related stuff you keep writing :D

Maybe it's better to leave it like this. Another little man off ranting away while off meds. You'll be better in the morning, I am sure.
I am not on meds. I would have to be on meds to agree to your bullshit view of the UK without commenting.

Be sure not to say hello to everyone at the rotary club whilst you are licking their collective arseholes. :lol:
Mobo
Freshman Poster

Post by Mobo »

==
Last edited by Mobo on August 24th, 2023, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

fschmidt wrote:
August 22nd, 2023, 5:07 pm
I support arranged marriage. Arranged marriage doesn't mean forced, it means others help arrange it. Why not have help? And only moronic parents would trust a daughter's judgement on who to marry. I certainly don't trust my daughter, and she knows that I expect her to marry an Arkian. Here is a good movie about arranged marriage:

https://tubitv.com/movies/30829/arranged
Why would you not trust your daughter to choose who she wants to marry? What if she doesn't want to marry an Arkian? Wouldn't you rather she found someone who genuinely cared for her, loved her and made her happy? I don't see how arranged marriages can ever be based on authentic love.
Mobo wrote:
August 22nd, 2023, 8:54 pm
Love does not just happen, idealized love is based on raw attraction.
Your assessment of marriage is very different from the societal view of marriage, which is that a man has to provide continuously without the expections of something in return.
Society wants marriage to be a formality so that the state treats it as an institution, this is downright repression. What happens if it does not work, you basically destroy the other person ? This is dumb..
Love does just happen and it is totally different to raw attraction. For example I love my partner, she is a treasured friend and I am also insanely attracted to her. But at the same time I still see other women who I think are attractive, but I have no feelings for them whatsoever. Love and attraction are two separate things. Love is a strong feeling from the heart. Whereas attraction is a strong feeling from the groin :lol:

I think the church and the state have found a way to make a commodity out of love, as the state does with everything. We live in a parasitic society where everything is a commodity and if it isn't then it is seen to have no value. This doesn't detract from how meaningful marriage can be to two people who want to show their commitment to each other and have a ceremony to celebrate their union. I'm not saying it has to be the Christian version of marriage.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

MrMan wrote:
August 22nd, 2023, 7:33 pm
A sham? No. If their parents set them up and they marry, that's still a marriage. I remember there was this girl with a really big nose at church my mom thought was cute. The girl liked me, and it was obvious, and my mom teased me about going out with her or marrying her or something like that. We went to a different church and her family went there when she was about 16 or 17. My mom said she used to be cute when she was little. I said she looked the same to me. (Nice girl as I recall, just not my type for looks.)

I didn't want my mom choosing a girl for me for looks. :) My parents are too American for that anyway.

But some of these more traditional countries where the parents are involved, spot problems with future matches, veto potential matches, suggest possible good matches, and those getting married have a say, that can work, too. The family networks actually trying to marry people off... instead of everyone just dating forever with no marriage objective... that makes sense, too. And dad is trying to get his daughter married off, instead of cleaning his gun to scare off potential suitors... there is something to be said for that. I saw 'Pride and Prejudice' recently, the one with the pretty actress from Pirates of the Caribbean. At least in the film version, the father, and especially the mother, and all of society, are trying to marry their teenage and 20-something girls to mostly 20-something men. It's the objective of balls where they would dance, men 'calling on' women, social activities, visits to people's homes.

I've got a friend from another culture, whose looking for an evangelical Christian woman who speaks his family's native language. His brother married an American and she cheated on him and left him for an old boyfriend. He meets women through friends. His mom might call the girl's mom. He'll show me a picture of a woman on his phone that someone in the ethnic-people-group community forwarded to him. He's 40+ now with no wife. I don't know about his looks, but he's got a great career, good solid salary, a solid side gig and investments. He leads Bible studies and things like that from time to time (a plus among Christian girls who are serious about their faith.)

I can see how their method of dating is a bit different. It hasn't worked for him yet, but he's dealing with a small pool of women. His mom has been insisting on someone from their larger people-group region. My wife might have had him matched up with an Indonesian if he wasn't so constrained in his choices. I've suggested getting a really young girl from the village in the home country, also.
But what you are saying still doesn't make sense. Even if the marriage isn't arranged for financial gain or for obtaining higher social status etc a marriage arranged by the parents with their offspring getting a say is still unnecessary and a fraudulent sham. Who can say they have fallen in love with someone at first sight? When you see someone for the first time and all you have to go on is physical attraction there is no way you could say with certainty that you love that person.

Let me tell you, I do love my girlfriend. But that love developed from years of friendship which preceded a romantic relationship. Love is something that must be cherished and nurtured, like a plant. It doesn't grow overnight and if neglected it can wither and die.

With arranged marriage the couple are not even getting a chance to know each other properly. They are being thrust into a marriage they later won't be able to leave because of pressure from their family. Arranged marriage made sense back in medieval times for the sake of acquiring land and power etc but I don't think it really has much of a place in the modern world.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

yick wrote:
August 22nd, 2023, 11:51 pm
I am not on meds. I would have to be on meds to agree to your bullshit view of the UK without commenting.
Maybe you should. It would trim off that "edge".
Mobo
Freshman Poster

Post by Mobo »

==
Mobo
Freshman Poster

Post by Mobo »

==
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

publicduende wrote:
August 23rd, 2023, 1:54 am
yick wrote:
August 22nd, 2023, 11:51 pm
Maybe you should. It would trim off that "edge".
OK, flower, have fun with the wife down the rotary club.