Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Guadalajara, Mexico and their women

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Guadalajara, Mexico and their women

Postby Tapatio89 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:24 pm

Hello, mates

I just came back two weeks ago from my native Guadalajara in business trip for my company. The women in my region are for me the most beautiful of Mexican women. The girls from our branch there at my company flirted with me and also the hotel receptionist did the same (I did it too but did not went too far as I am married and not cool to go to risky territory). To make matter short, I have easy game in my region as I am from there, but I know Mexicans from other regions sometimes have a hard time getting game there. Foreigners the same.

Has anyone visited Guadalajara? What you think of us Tapatios (people from Guadalajara)? The girls? The city? Was it easy to do game in Guadalajara?

I am interested in your experiences.

Cheers
User avatar
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:11 pm
Location: Mexico City







Re: Guadalajara, Mexico and their women

Postby fightforlove » Mon May 09, 2016 4:32 am

Tapatio89 wrote:Hello, mates

I just came back two weeks ago from my native Guadalajara in business trip for my company. The women in my region are for me the most beautiful of Mexican women. The girls from our branch there at my company flirted with me and also the hotel receptionist did the same (I did it too but did not went too far as I am married and not cool to go to risky territory). To make matter short, I have easy game in my region as I am from there, but I know Mexicans from other regions sometimes have a hard time getting game there. Foreigners the same.

Has anyone visited Guadalajara? What you think of us Tapatios (people from Guadalajara)? The girls? The city? Was it easy to do game in Guadalajara?

I am interested in your experiences.

Cheers


My girlfriend is from Guadalajara, although she's a transplant originally from Oaxaca. Very cool, very "Mexican" city. I like the city center and Guadalajara Cathedral. Great shopping, food, architecture is a nice, rugged mix of (mostly) colonial and modern. Beautiful countryside areas like Ajijic and Tapalpa are also nearby. My gf's neighborhood is pleasant. Traffic is annoyingly bad, though. Infrastructure could use some upgrades. Bus service is very efficient though. I wish more US cities were as centrally-planned with good public transport as Guadalajara. Major US cities are endless sprawl, and still pretty bad traffic even into some of the outer suburbs.

People seem friendly for the most part. I've gotten a few weird stares, but most people don't notice me since I'm with my girlfriend, they assume I'm just a white Mexican. There are very few American or other foreign tourists around, save for Ajijic. I notice there's a somewhat old-school attitude to the people in Guadalajara, though. Have heard anecdotes that it's one of the more race-y cities in Mexico. Heard that some brown Mexican girls are looked down upon/treated poorly by the white Mexicanas. University of Guadalajara is hip, but maybe too hip. Lots of pot-smoking hipsters and homosexuals, it's sort of a Mexican version of Portlandia. There are some attractive looking white and mestizo women in the areas I've been to, but also lots of ordinary, dumpy-looking women not unlike the hood rats you see in Los Angeles, Chicago... Overall, a very cool experience. I don't have much of a reference point, since I've only been around Jalisco and to Baja/Tijuana/Ensenada. I've been to the Mexico DF International Airport and saw more slim, stylish young ladies in the terminal during my 1 hour layover than I've probably seen in the United States in the past 2 years.
fightforlove
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:41 pm
Location: on an adventure between Wisconsin and Jalisco

Re: Guadalajara, Mexico and their women

Postby Tapatio89 » Tue May 10, 2016 5:48 am

fightforlove wrote:
Tapatio89 wrote:Hello, mates

I just came back two weeks ago from my native Guadalajara in business trip for my company. The women in my region are for me the most beautiful of Mexican women. The girls from our branch there at my company flirted with me and also the hotel receptionist did the same (I did it too but did not went too far as I am married and not cool to go to risky territory). To make matter short, I have easy game in my region as I am from there, but I know Mexicans from other regions sometimes have a hard time getting game there. Foreigners the same.

Has anyone visited Guadalajara? What you think of us Tapatios (people from Guadalajara)? The girls? The city? Was it easy to do game in Guadalajara?

I am interested in your experiences.

Cheers


My girlfriend is from Guadalajara, although she's a transplant originally from Oaxaca. Very cool, very "Mexican" city. I like the city center and Guadalajara Cathedral. Great shopping, food, architecture is a nice, rugged mix of (mostly) colonial and modern. Beautiful countryside areas like Ajijic and Tapalpa are also nearby. My gf's neighborhood is pleasant. Traffic is annoyingly bad, though. Infrastructure could use some upgrades. Bus service is very efficient though. I wish more US cities were as centrally-planned with good public transport as Guadalajara. Major US cities are endless sprawl, and still pretty bad traffic even into some of the outer suburbs.

People seem friendly for the most part. I've gotten a few weird stares, but most people don't notice me since I'm with my girlfriend, they assume I'm just a white Mexican. There are very few American or other foreign tourists around, save for Ajijic. I notice there's a somewhat old-school attitude to the people in Guadalajara, though. Have heard anecdotes that it's one of the more race-y cities in Mexico. Heard that some brown Mexican girls are looked down upon/treated poorly by the white Mexicanas. University of Guadalajara is hip, but maybe too hip. Lots of pot-smoking hipsters and homosexuals, it's sort of a Mexican version of Portlandia. There are some attractive looking white and mestizo women in the areas I've been to, but also lots of ordinary, dumpy-looking women not unlike the hood rats you see in Los Angeles, Chicago... Overall, a very cool experience. I don't have much of a reference point, since I've only been around Jalisco and to Baja/Tijuana/Ensenada. I've been to the Mexico DF International Airport and saw more slim, stylish young ladies in the terminal during my 1 hour layover than I've probably seen in the United States in the past 2 years.


Your girlfriend lives in Guadalajara, but she is not from there. She is a Southern Mexican, not a tapatia (woman from Guadalajara). I say this because we get many people from Southern Mexico and Bajio region (Guanajuato, Michoacan, Aguascalientes) that move to Guadalajara. Southern Mexico they are very different from us tapatios culturally, racially, and in mentality. Bajio people culturally and racially we are practically the same as they also have the charro culture like us, reserved, introverted personalities and quite religious as well.

Yes, in Guadalajara, we are pretty old school in our attitudes and do not let very easy outsiders inside our circle. That is why you got those stares. And yes, we do look down on the Brown Mexicans with Indigenous blood as we are mostly Euro-mestizos and a good number are caucasian too as people of DF and Southern Mexico are short, stocky, with mostly Indigenous features. University of Guadalajara is cool for me. Did not studied there as I did my bachelor´s degree in the USA, but have a few friends who went there and went there once and I liked the experience. Yes, there are many hipsters and gay people in my city, as well as fresas (I have both fresa and hipster friends. I am a weird combo of fresa and nerd from what they have told me)

For me, women from Guadalajara are the most beautiful of all Mexico. Centro and Cathedral are indeed quite beautiful. Did you tried tortas ahogadas? How about birria? Did you liked it? Did you visited Avenida Chapultepec?

I have been to Chicago, and the only attractive women I saw there were the Arab women, at least for my tastes.
User avatar
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:11 pm
Location: Mexico City

Re: Guadalajara, Mexico and their women

Postby Guhji » Tue May 10, 2016 9:17 pm

I know this is a thread on Guadalajara, but I'll put up a brief post on my visit to Mexico City. I was there for about a week. I stayed at a hotel in the Zona Rosa, or the "pink zone", which is a very hip, commercial area of the city. I will recommend the Royal Reforma Hotel (hotelroyalreforma.com). Bars, clubs and restaurants were plentiful within a 3 block radius. Also, a fully nude gay strip joint for any homosexual readers. Beautiful architecture in the downtown area for the sightseers.

I did not see any stunners, but there were a lot of very cute, young girls who seemed very nice and feminine. I think a young guy would do well to find a girlfriend here. There's certainly no shortage of promising girlfriend material. For the older readers, apparently prostitution here is legal? Perhaps Tapatio can confirm this. My driver (you can take the subway around town, but I think a private driver is worth paying for) pointed a number of prostitutes who were busy advertising their wares in crowded commercial areas. It was kind of strange to see families and young kids walking past provocatively clad "ladies of the day". And they were by no means the "hideous creatures" that Ladislav ran into, in Managua. These Mexican hookers were easily 6's and 7's and could be had for 20 bucks a throw, or so I was told.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread Tapatio, so I'll stop here.

Thank you.
Guhji
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:42 am

Re: Guadalajara, Mexico and their women

Postby Tapatio89 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:30 am

Guhji wrote:I know this is a thread on Guadalajara, but I'll put up a brief post on my visit to Mexico City. I was there for about a week. I stayed at a hotel in the Zona Rosa, or the "pink zone", which is a very hip, commercial area of the city. I will recommend the Royal Reforma Hotel (hotelroyalreforma.com). Bars, clubs and restaurants were plentiful within a 3 block radius. Also, a fully nude gay strip joint for any homosexual readers. Beautiful architecture in the downtown area for the sightseers.

I did not see any stunners, but there were a lot of very cute, young girls who seemed very nice and feminine. I think a young guy would do well to find a girlfriend here. There's certainly no shortage of promising girlfriend material. For the older readers, apparently prostitution here is legal? Perhaps Tapatio can confirm this. My driver (you can take the subway around town, but I think a private driver is worth paying for) pointed a number of prostitutes who were busy advertising their wares in crowded commercial areas. It was kind of strange to see families and young kids walking past provocatively clad "ladies of the day". And they were by no means the "hideous creatures" that Ladislav ran into, in Managua. These Mexican hookers were easily 6's and 7's and could be had for 20 bucks a throw, or so I was told.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread Tapatio, so I'll stop here.

Thank you.


You went to Zona Rosa? I have also gone there as they have good places to eat and also the Reforma 22 Shopping Centre is there. Also true there is a lot of gay activity there and many Korean residents there. My wife and I go out to eat Korean BBQ in Zona Rosa.

Nah, Mexico City girls most of them are ugly. Guadalajara is much better as I am from there and frankly even the low class women in there are good looking. Only places I find good looking girls in DF are where I live (San Angel), Condesa, Roma, Polanco, Villa Coapa and Satelite. The average person in DF is mestizo with predominantly Indigenous blood, though it depends what part of the city. Where I live, almost all the residents are white or Euro-mestizo (the latter I belong there).

As for the prostitutes, the 200 dollar ones are ugly. If you want to look for hot prostitutes both genetic girls and transgender women, I have seen it in broad sunlight in Calzada de Tlalpan near Metro Villa de Cortez and Insurgentes Sur in Condesa (the latter being more frequent). Both areas are very well known red light districts. The ones in Pino Suarez they are ugly from what I have seen not to mention that area is very dangerous. If that is what you want and is looking for, go ahead. However, considering most prostitutes only speak Spanish, you have to speak it decently. Other than that, hire an online escort as I am pretty sure you will find a bilingual one.

Personally, I do not recommend seeking whores as I do not want to get AIDS and do not waste my money on that, but for the ones who like those things, those are the well known areas in the city and have seen the prostitutes physically in broad daylight and they are hot in those areas. But be aware most are transgender women (some you cannot even tell from what I have seen, especially if they are short and have fine bone structure, so always ask before getting unwanted surprises) and I will say 1/3 are genetic women.

Cheers
User avatar
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:11 pm
Location: Mexico City

Re: Guadalajara, Mexico and their women

Postby fightforlove » Wed May 11, 2016 2:59 am

Tapatio89 wrote:
fightforlove wrote:
Tapatio89 wrote:Hello, mates

I just came back two weeks ago from my native Guadalajara in business trip for my company. The women in my region are for me the most beautiful of Mexican women. The girls from our branch there at my company flirted with me and also the hotel receptionist did the same (I did it too but did not went too far as I am married and not cool to go to risky territory). To make matter short, I have easy game in my region as I am from there, but I know Mexicans from other regions sometimes have a hard time getting game there. Foreigners the same.

Has anyone visited Guadalajara? What you think of us Tapatios (people from Guadalajara)? The girls? The city? Was it easy to do game in Guadalajara?

I am interested in your experiences.

Cheers


My girlfriend is from Guadalajara, although she's a transplant originally from Oaxaca. Very cool, very "Mexican" city. I like the city center and Guadalajara Cathedral. Great shopping, food, architecture is a nice, rugged mix of (mostly) colonial and modern. Beautiful countryside areas like Ajijic and Tapalpa are also nearby. My gf's neighborhood is pleasant. Traffic is annoyingly bad, though. Infrastructure could use some upgrades. Bus service is very efficient though. I wish more US cities were as centrally-planned with good public transport as Guadalajara. Major US cities are endless sprawl, and still pretty bad traffic even into some of the outer suburbs.

People seem friendly for the most part. I've gotten a few weird stares, but most people don't notice me since I'm with my girlfriend, they assume I'm just a white Mexican. There are very few American or other foreign tourists around, save for Ajijic. I notice there's a somewhat old-school attitude to the people in Guadalajara, though. Have heard anecdotes that it's one of the more race-y cities in Mexico. Heard that some brown Mexican girls are looked down upon/treated poorly by the white Mexicanas. University of Guadalajara is hip, but maybe too hip. Lots of pot-smoking hipsters and homosexuals, it's sort of a Mexican version of Portlandia. There are some attractive looking white and mestizo women in the areas I've been to, but also lots of ordinary, dumpy-looking women not unlike the hood rats you see in Los Angeles, Chicago... Overall, a very cool experience. I don't have much of a reference point, since I've only been around Jalisco and to Baja/Tijuana/Ensenada. I've been to the Mexico DF International Airport and saw more slim, stylish young ladies in the terminal during my 1 hour layover than I've probably seen in the United States in the past 2 years.


Your girlfriend lives in Guadalajara, but she is not from there. She is a Southern Mexican, not a tapatia (woman from Guadalajara). I say this because we get many people from Southern Mexico and Bajio region (Guanajuato, Michoacan, Aguascalientes) that move to Guadalajara. Southern Mexico they are very different from us tapatios culturally, racially, and in mentality. Bajio people culturally and racially we are practically the same as they also have the charro culture like us, reserved, introverted personalities and quite religious as well.

Yes, in Guadalajara, we are pretty old school in our attitudes and do not let very easy outsiders inside our circle. That is why you got those stares. And yes, we do look down on the Brown Mexicans with Indigenous blood as we are mostly Euro-mestizos and a good number are caucasian too as people of DF and Southern Mexico are short, stocky, with mostly Indigenous features. University of Guadalajara is cool for me. Did not studied there as I did my bachelor´s degree in the USA, but have a few friends who went there and went there once and I liked the experience. Yes, there are many hipsters and gay people in my city, as well as fresas (I have both fresa and hipster friends. I am a weird combo of fresa and nerd from what they have told me)

For me, women from Guadalajara are the most beautiful of all Mexico. Centro and Cathedral are indeed quite beautiful. Did you tried tortas ahogadas? How about birria? Did you liked it? Did you visited Avenida Chapultepec?

I have been to Chicago, and the only attractive women I saw there were the Arab women, at least for my tastes.


Yes, Yes, and Yes. Tortas Ahogadas was the first thing we went and had when I first visited my girlfriend and her family. Can't remember the name of the restaurant we had them at. Her parents were also running a Fonda for a few months with Oaxaca style cuisine, which I've also become a fan of. I like how the city lights up at night, the crosses on the Cathedral, really a special sight. And the bums on the bus play the guitar for you! I like that. The bums in Chicago play the saxophone, but I prefer guitar. Still better than the bums in Los Angeles, who do absolutely nothing.
fightforlove
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:41 pm
Location: on an adventure between Wisconsin and Jalisco

Re: Guadalajara, Mexico and their women

Postby Tapatio89 » Wed May 11, 2016 3:19 am

fightforlove wrote:
Tapatio89 wrote:
fightforlove wrote:
Tapatio89 wrote:Hello, mates

I just came back two weeks ago from my native Guadalajara in business trip for my company. The women in my region are for me the most beautiful of Mexican women. The girls from our branch there at my company flirted with me and also the hotel receptionist did the same (I did it too but did not went too far as I am married and not cool to go to risky territory). To make matter short, I have easy game in my region as I am from there, but I know Mexicans from other regions sometimes have a hard time getting game there. Foreigners the same.

Has anyone visited Guadalajara? What you think of us Tapatios (people from Guadalajara)? The girls? The city? Was it easy to do game in Guadalajara?

I am interested in your experiences.

Cheers


My girlfriend is from Guadalajara, although she's a transplant originally from Oaxaca. Very cool, very "Mexican" city. I like the city center and Guadalajara Cathedral. Great shopping, food, architecture is a nice, rugged mix of (mostly) colonial and modern. Beautiful countryside areas like Ajijic and Tapalpa are also nearby. My gf's neighborhood is pleasant. Traffic is annoyingly bad, though. Infrastructure could use some upgrades. Bus service is very efficient though. I wish more US cities were as centrally-planned with good public transport as Guadalajara. Major US cities are endless sprawl, and still pretty bad traffic even into some of the outer suburbs.

People seem friendly for the most part. I've gotten a few weird stares, but most people don't notice me since I'm with my girlfriend, they assume I'm just a white Mexican. There are very few American or other foreign tourists around, save for Ajijic. I notice there's a somewhat old-school attitude to the people in Guadalajara, though. Have heard anecdotes that it's one of the more race-y cities in Mexico. Heard that some brown Mexican girls are looked down upon/treated poorly by the white Mexicanas. University of Guadalajara is hip, but maybe too hip. Lots of pot-smoking hipsters and homosexuals, it's sort of a Mexican version of Portlandia. There are some attractive looking white and mestizo women in the areas I've been to, but also lots of ordinary, dumpy-looking women not unlike the hood rats you see in Los Angeles, Chicago... Overall, a very cool experience. I don't have much of a reference point, since I've only been around Jalisco and to Baja/Tijuana/Ensenada. I've been to the Mexico DF International Airport and saw more slim, stylish young ladies in the terminal during my 1 hour layover than I've probably seen in the United States in the past 2 years.


Your girlfriend lives in Guadalajara, but she is not from there. She is a Southern Mexican, not a tapatia (woman from Guadalajara). I say this because we get many people from Southern Mexico and Bajio region (Guanajuato, Michoacan, Aguascalientes) that move to Guadalajara. Southern Mexico they are very different from us tapatios culturally, racially, and in mentality. Bajio people culturally and racially we are practically the same as they also have the charro culture like us, reserved, introverted personalities and quite religious as well.

Yes, in Guadalajara, we are pretty old school in our attitudes and do not let very easy outsiders inside our circle. That is why you got those stares. And yes, we do look down on the Brown Mexicans with Indigenous blood as we are mostly Euro-mestizos and a good number are caucasian too as people of DF and Southern Mexico are short, stocky, with mostly Indigenous features. University of Guadalajara is cool for me. Did not studied there as I did my bachelor´s degree in the USA, but have a few friends who went there and went there once and I liked the experience. Yes, there are many hipsters and gay people in my city, as well as fresas (I have both fresa and hipster friends. I am a weird combo of fresa and nerd from what they have told me)

For me, women from Guadalajara are the most beautiful of all Mexico. Centro and Cathedral are indeed quite beautiful. Did you tried tortas ahogadas? How about birria? Did you liked it? Did you visited Avenida Chapultepec?

I have been to Chicago, and the only attractive women I saw there were the Arab women, at least for my tastes.


Yes, Yes, and Yes. Tortas Ahogadas was the first thing we went and had when I first visited my girlfriend and her family. Can't remember the name of the restaurant we had them at. Her parents were also running a Fonda for a few months with Oaxaca style cuisine, which I've also become a fan of. I like how the city lights up at night, the crosses on the Cathedral, really a special sight. And the bums on the bus play the guitar for you! I like that. The bums in Chicago play the saxophone, but I prefer guitar. Still better than the bums in Los Angeles, who do absolutely nothing.


Tortas ahogadas is our local main dish. It is my favourite and can live with them every day. Oaxaca cuisine is yummy too. I especially like Oaxaca Style Cheese, which is similar in texture to Mozzarella cheese.

Yes, it is a beautiful sight. I also prefer playing the guitar.

Really LA bums do not do nothing at all? That is a shame. They should at least play the flute.

How you found us tapatios (people from Guadalajara) in behaviour? Mentality? Physical features? Fashion style?
User avatar
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:11 pm
Location: Mexico City

Re: Guadalajara, Mexico and their women

Postby fightforlove » Wed May 11, 2016 4:12 am

Tapatio89 wrote:
fightforlove wrote:
Tapatio89 wrote:
fightforlove wrote:
Tapatio89 wrote:Hello, mates

I just came back two weeks ago from my native Guadalajara in business trip for my company. The women in my region are for me the most beautiful of Mexican women. The girls from our branch there at my company flirted with me and also the hotel receptionist did the same (I did it too but did not went too far as I am married and not cool to go to risky territory). To make matter short, I have easy game in my region as I am from there, but I know Mexicans from other regions sometimes have a hard time getting game there. Foreigners the same.

Has anyone visited Guadalajara? What you think of us Tapatios (people from Guadalajara)? The girls? The city? Was it easy to do game in Guadalajara?

I am interested in your experiences.

Cheers


My girlfriend is from Guadalajara, although she's a transplant originally from Oaxaca. Very cool, very "Mexican" city. I like the city center and Guadalajara Cathedral. Great shopping, food, architecture is a nice, rugged mix of (mostly) colonial and modern. Beautiful countryside areas like Ajijic and Tapalpa are also nearby. My gf's neighborhood is pleasant. Traffic is annoyingly bad, though. Infrastructure could use some upgrades. Bus service is very efficient though. I wish more US cities were as centrally-planned with good public transport as Guadalajara. Major US cities are endless sprawl, and still pretty bad traffic even into some of the outer suburbs.

People seem friendly for the most part. I've gotten a few weird stares, but most people don't notice me since I'm with my girlfriend, they assume I'm just a white Mexican. There are very few American or other foreign tourists around, save for Ajijic. I notice there's a somewhat old-school attitude to the people in Guadalajara, though. Have heard anecdotes that it's one of the more race-y cities in Mexico. Heard that some brown Mexican girls are looked down upon/treated poorly by the white Mexicanas. University of Guadalajara is hip, but maybe too hip. Lots of pot-smoking hipsters and homosexuals, it's sort of a Mexican version of Portlandia. There are some attractive looking white and mestizo women in the areas I've been to, but also lots of ordinary, dumpy-looking women not unlike the hood rats you see in Los Angeles, Chicago... Overall, a very cool experience. I don't have much of a reference point, since I've only been around Jalisco and to Baja/Tijuana/Ensenada. I've been to the Mexico DF International Airport and saw more slim, stylish young ladies in the terminal during my 1 hour layover than I've probably seen in the United States in the past 2 years.


Your girlfriend lives in Guadalajara, but she is not from there. She is a Southern Mexican, not a tapatia (woman from Guadalajara). I say this because we get many people from Southern Mexico and Bajio region (Guanajuato, Michoacan, Aguascalientes) that move to Guadalajara. Southern Mexico they are very different from us tapatios culturally, racially, and in mentality. Bajio people culturally and racially we are practically the same as they also have the charro culture like us, reserved, introverted personalities and quite religious as well.

Yes, in Guadalajara, we are pretty old school in our attitudes and do not let very easy outsiders inside our circle. That is why you got those stares. And yes, we do look down on the Brown Mexicans with Indigenous blood as we are mostly Euro-mestizos and a good number are caucasian too as people of DF and Southern Mexico are short, stocky, with mostly Indigenous features. University of Guadalajara is cool for me. Did not studied there as I did my bachelor´s degree in the USA, but have a few friends who went there and went there once and I liked the experience. Yes, there are many hipsters and gay people in my city, as well as fresas (I have both fresa and hipster friends. I am a weird combo of fresa and nerd from what they have told me)

For me, women from Guadalajara are the most beautiful of all Mexico. Centro and Cathedral are indeed quite beautiful. Did you tried tortas ahogadas? How about birria? Did you liked it? Did you visited Avenida Chapultepec?

I have been to Chicago, and the only attractive women I saw there were the Arab women, at least for my tastes.


Yes, Yes, and Yes. Tortas Ahogadas was the first thing we went and had when I first visited my girlfriend and her family. Can't remember the name of the restaurant we had them at. Her parents were also running a Fonda for a few months with Oaxaca style cuisine, which I've also become a fan of. I like how the city lights up at night, the crosses on the Cathedral, really a special sight. And the bums on the bus play the guitar for you! I like that. The bums in Chicago play the saxophone, but I prefer guitar. Still better than the bums in Los Angeles, who do absolutely nothing.


Tortas ahogadas is our local main dish. It is my favourite and can live with them every day. Oaxaca cuisine is yummy too. I especially like Oaxaca Style Cheese, which is similar in texture to Mozzarella cheese.

Yes, it is a beautiful sight. I also prefer playing the guitar.

Really LA bums do not do nothing at all? That is a shame. They should at least play the flute.

How you found us tapatios (people from Guadalajara) in behaviour? Mentality? Physical features? Fashion style?


People are polite, I let my girlfriend do most of the talking when I'm out with her, though. I have slightly dark features relative to most white American guys (most people guess me to be Italian) and speak passable Spanish, so I don't stand out like an obvious American tourista. When people have figured out that I was American, some were friendly, but some also seemed a little cold, like kind of wondering why an American guy would visit Guadalajara, why I'm with a Mexican girl, etc. I actually haven't met a lot of people outside of my girlfriend's family, so can't really comment on the mentality/vibe of Guadalajara natives. My girlfriend's family are happy, down-to-earth people, but they're from the South. They're also Protestant/evangelical Christians, which makes them a little different from most Mexicans in general who are Catholic or agnostic, especially around GDL.

Seems like in GDL, you see some people who look very white/European, with a European fashion vibe, then a lot more people who are more brown looking Mexicans and dress like peasants. Overweight people are also common, Mexico and the USA are rivals in this category. My girlfriend is a brown Mexican girl, but middle class and college educated, her style is kind of a mix of hipster clothes (jeans, converse all-stars) and traditional Mexicana (dresses, make up, jewelry). Her university girlfriends also dress kind of hipster, most of them are Harnizo/Castizo looking. She has male gay friends, and they dress super metro, jajaja.

I forgot to mention, I also love Los Colomos. Beautiful park, very peaceful.

Yes, the bums in L.A. do nothing but beg for money without performing any kind of talent. Poor bastards. L.A. has the world's largest homeless population.
fightforlove
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:41 pm
Location: on an adventure between Wisconsin and Jalisco

Re: Guadalajara, Mexico and their women

Postby Tapatio89 » Thu May 12, 2016 6:29 pm

fightforlove wrote:People are polite, I let my girlfriend do most of the talking when I'm out with her, though. I have slightly dark features relative to most white American guys (most people guess me to be Italian) and speak passable Spanish, so I don't stand out like an obvious American tourista. When people have figured out that I was American, some were friendly, but some also seemed a little cold, like kind of wondering why an American guy would visit Guadalajara, why I'm with a Mexican girl, etc. I actually haven't met a lot of people outside of my girlfriend's family, so can't really comment on the mentality/vibe of Guadalajara natives. My girlfriend's family are happy, down-to-earth people, but they're from the South. They're also Protestant/evangelical Christians, which makes them a little different from most Mexicans in general who are Catholic or agnostic, especially around GDL.

Seems like in GDL, you see some people who look very white/European, with a European fashion vibe, then a lot more people who are more brown looking Mexicans and dress like peasants. Overweight people are also common, Mexico and the USA are rivals in this category. My girlfriend is a brown Mexican girl, but middle class and college educated, her style is kind of a mix of hipster clothes (jeans, converse all-stars) and traditional Mexicana (dresses, make up, jewelry). Her university girlfriends also dress kind of hipster, most of them are Harnizo/Castizo looking. She has male gay friends, and they dress super metro, jajaja.

I forgot to mention, I also love Los Colomos. Beautiful park, very peaceful.

Yes, the bums in L.A. do nothing but beg for money without performing any kind of talent. Poor bastards. L.A. has the world's largest homeless population.


I am not surprised about behaviour of people from my city. Due to the fact we are a cosmopolitan city but still have that provincial vibe, we tend to be indifferent towards foreigners and a gringo in Guadalajara or any foreigner for that matter is not going to surprise us or throw ourselves to one. Yes, most people in Guadalajara we are Catholic or Agnostic. Other religions are very rare and Protestanism is seen as a very foreign concept.

Southern Mexicans yes, they do tend to be happy and warm people. We tapatios tend to be more reserved and not open to anyone not from our social circle.

30% of Guadalajara people are of pure Euro appearance, but most of us, including me, are harnizos and castizos. Not too many Indigenous people in my city unlike in DF.

Due to the fact I dress with a European fashion vibe, I am from Guadalajara, and I am slender, often people assume I am gay or metrosexual, but in the case of the gay comment,I tell them I have a wife and tell them when I walk around streets or shopping malls, I go to see only the women and look at their sexy long, high heels and stockings, even if it is discreetly. Then, those guys remove the gay comment and realize I am straight or metrosexual, but do not care as I know I only like chicks, not dudes. :lol: :mrgreen:. In Mexico, we tapatio men are stereotyped by other Mexicans that we dress super metro and look "gay", we are arrogant, reserved, and class conscious. Apart from my good fashion sense and I am reserved, the rest of stereotype I do not fit as I am humble and just midly class conscious 8)

Colomos is a beautiful park. I always enjoyed going there for a walk when I was younger.

LA looks like an interesting city, but would be nice if they kick out all the cholos from there. Do not like delinquents.
User avatar
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:11 pm
Location: Mexico City

Re: Guadalajara, Mexico and their women

Postby MattHanson1990 » Fri May 13, 2016 2:03 am

I visited Guadalajara last October, and the metropolitan area was spread out. Plus, traffic there can be horrendous at times. However, it has much better public transportation than in most US cities. Now, regarding the difficulty meeting people and socializing, I found it to be the most difficult in Zona Centro, whereas people were more open at the U de G campus and on Avenida Chapultepec. I can understand Tapatios being closed off due to the strong Catholic vibe. But...I also saw with my own eyes that Guadalajara is becoming more Americanized. In a lot of places, there were young people constantly glued to their smartphones. One hot girl, as she left her workplace, immediately put her earbuds in. Then I met people who were workaholics and didn't have a good work-life balance. Mexico's major cities are apparently importing the workaholic lifestyle from the US of Gay and perhaps from first world Asia. The fast paced lifestyle and smartphone addiction were other reasons why meeting people in Guadalajara was tough.

By the way, a lot of the upper-middle and upper class girls in GDL have connections in the US of Gay, specifically Los Angeles, and they DO have money to travel to the US.

Now I'm going to contrast Guadalajara with Guanajuato City. Guanajuato is A LOT slower paced. Building social circle was way easier compared to GDL (and I keep in touch with many of my friends in Guanajuato to this day). And the place is the most peaceful I've been to in Mexico.

As far as people being open vs. being closed off, I wonder if the latter is the mentality in Jalisco in general, even outside of Los Altos and GDL. Whenever I can return to Mexico again, I'm going back to Guanajuato, but I am also considering Michoacan.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 685
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:47 am

Re: Guadalajara, Mexico and their women

Postby Tapatio89 » Fri May 13, 2016 5:15 am

MattHanson1990 wrote:I visited Guadalajara last October, and the metropolitan area was spread out. Plus, traffic there can be horrendous at times. However, it has much better public transportation than in most US cities. Now, regarding the difficulty meeting people and socializing, I found it to be the most difficult in Zona Centro, whereas people were more open at the U de G campus and on Avenida Chapultepec. I can understand Tapatios being closed off due to the strong Catholic vibe. But...I also saw with my own eyes that Guadalajara is becoming more Americanized. In a lot of places, there were young people constantly glued to their smartphones. One hot girl, as she left her workplace, immediately put her earbuds in. Then I met people who were workaholics and didn't have a good work-life balance. Mexico's major cities are apparently importing the workaholic lifestyle from the US of Gay and perhaps from first world Asia. The fast paced lifestyle and smartphone addiction were other reasons why meeting people in Guadalajara was tough.

By the way, a lot of the upper-middle and upper class girls in GDL have connections in the US of Gay, specifically Los Angeles, and they DO have money to travel to the US.

Now I'm going to contrast Guadalajara with Guanajuato City. Guanajuato is A LOT slower paced. Building social circle was way easier compared to GDL (and I keep in touch with many of my friends in Guanajuato to this day). And the place is the most peaceful I've been to in Mexico.

As far as people being open vs. being closed off, I wonder if the latter is the mentality in Jalisco in general, even outside of Los Altos and GDL. Whenever I can return to Mexico again, I'm going back to Guanajuato, but I am also considering Michoacan.


Tapatios despite we belong to the second largest city in Mexico, Guadalajara always had a provincial mentality and a class conscious mentality. Not only we are closed of towards an American or other foreigners, but even to other Mexicans from other regions (especially from Mexico City and Southern Mexico). We also are quite nationalistic and like you said, GDL and Bajio region are the most Catholic regions in Mexico. We are also more introverted than people from DF, Veracruz and Tabasco. That is the reason why you had a hard time making friends in Guadalajara or getting the chicks. In Guadalajara, you need social circle in order to have a social life. Otherwise, it will be very tough. For me, it has been piece of cake as I have relatives and a few friends over there.

Stereotypes of us tapatio men that in other regions have is that we are vainful and in some other regions in Mexico they call us ignorantly gay(I admit I am vainful, but that is how I grew up and that is how you get the hot chicks in Mexico and anywhere) and we are one of the best looking guys in Mexico (Northern Mexican men and Bajio men are also popular among Mexican women). Tapatio women are stereotyped as very beautiful physically (that is the type of Mexican woman I like, and if I was single again, I would have married a tapatia), vainful like the men, fun to be with, take relationships seriously, and flirt in a classy manner. General stereotypes of tapatio people are that we like to eat a lot (also applies to me), very big fans of football(soccer), very regionalistic, racists, classists, warm, more frank in our way of talking.

Physically, on average, we have big dark eyes, dark brown hair, olive skin, slender physique, and angular features. White skin, light hair and eyes are not uncommon (around 30% of tapatios have these features).

Los Altos is somewhat different from Guadalajara in that people are even more closed off and introverted than in Guadalajara, not to mention more religious and much more provincial. Heck, they do not even let their daughters marrry foreign men, even if they are full Caucasian as the women are reserved for the local men. I actually had a girlfriend from Los Altos (she is from a town called Encarnacion de Diaz) and she is very beautiful (tall, slender, nice breasts, leggy, curly hair, big dark eyes, white skin. Participated in a few local beauty contests now that I recall. In fact, she looked like a taller and light skin version of my mother as my ex and my mother surprisingly look physically similar in facial features and hair texture) and is a reserved, conservative type of girl. My cousin is from a town in Los Altos called Lagos de Moreno, and he is pretty reserved type of person. One of my best friends is a town called Arandas, and he is more reserved and quiet in comparison to me, but we are both more introverted than say people from DF (we both live currently in DF), Veracruz or Tabasco state.

As for being glued to an ipod, I do not see nothing wrong about it and definitely has nothing to do being Americanized. Urban people we are more into our own world. When I walk from home to my office, unless I am with my wife or my friends or co-workers, I am glued to my Ipod too, and in no way I am a pro-USA person. This is a behaviour of all urban people, regardless of country. Urban people also tend to be workaholics. Heck, the South of US is far more laid back than let´s say, Pennsylvania and NYC.

It is unreasonable to compare Guanajuato City which is a small city with Guadalajara, Mexico´s second largest city. as the latter will have a more cosmopolitan taste and a faster pace of life. It is like comparing apples to oranges.
User avatar
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:11 pm
Location: Mexico City

Re: Guadalajara, Mexico and their women

Postby droid » Fri May 13, 2016 5:28 am

:roll: :lol:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2443
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: Guadalajara, Mexico and their women

Postby Tapatio89 » Fri May 13, 2016 5:36 am

droid wrote::roll: :lol:


You sure like to act foolish, dont you, fatty?
User avatar
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:11 pm
Location: Mexico City

Re: Guadalajara, Mexico and their women

Postby MattHanson1990 » Fri May 13, 2016 7:58 am

Tapatio89 wrote:Tapatio women are stereotyped as very beautiful physically, fun to be with, take relationships seriously, and flirt in a classy manner.


When I lived in the Bajío from mid-January until the end of February, the girls I dated there flirted with me in a classy and very relaxed manner, unlike the maquiladora girl I dated last year in Ciudad Juarez. In fact they allowed me to make advances. Even the balanced mestiza I dated in León who was below average per Mexican standards (I thought she was reasonably attractive myself) didn't throw herself at me, which for me was a plus.

Tapatio89 wrote: Tapatios despite we belong to the second largest city in Mexico, Guadalajara always had a provincial mentality and a class conscious mentality.

Los Altos is somewhat different from Guadalajara in that people are even more closed off and introverted than in Guadalajara, not to mention more religious and much more provincial.


Is the Tapatio provincial mentality all over Jalisco, including Puerto Vallarta? What about the small town of Tequila just an hour west of Guadalajara? Are people in Michoacan, Zacatecas, and San Luis Potosí more open to outsiders (including foreigners) compared to GDL and Los Altos?

I did mention that many people in Guanajuato were a lot more open to outsiders than in Los Altos and Guadalajara.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 685
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:47 am

Re: Guadalajara, Mexico and their women

Postby Tapatio89 » Fri May 13, 2016 2:02 pm

MattHanson1990 wrote:
Tapatio89 wrote:Tapatio women are stereotyped as very beautiful physically, fun to be with, take relationships seriously, and flirt in a classy manner.


When I lived in the Bajío from mid-January until the end of February, the girls I dated there flirted with me in a classy and very relaxed manner, unlike the maquiladora girl I dated last year in Ciudad Juarez. In fact they allowed me to make advances. Even the balanced mestiza I dated in León who was below average per Mexican standards (I thought she was reasonably attractive myself) didn't throw herself at me, which for me was a plus.

Tapatio89 wrote: Tapatios despite we belong to the second largest city in Mexico, Guadalajara always had a provincial mentality and a class conscious mentality.

Los Altos is somewhat different from Guadalajara in that people are even more closed off and introverted than in Guadalajara, not to mention more religious and much more provincial.


Is the Tapatio provincial mentality all over Jalisco, including Puerto Vallarta? What about the small town of Tequila just an hour west of Guadalajara? Are people in Michoacan, Zacatecas, and San Luis Potosí more open to outsiders (including foreigners) compared to GDL and Los Altos?

I did mention that many people in Guanajuato were a lot more open to outsiders than in Los Altos and Guadalajara.


Naturally, it is all over the state. As for Michoacan, Zacatecas and San Luis Potosi, they are as closed off to outsiders as people in Los Altos (I had been to San Luis Potosi and though they are frriendly, they do tend to be close minded). Bajio region in general is more conservative and traditional than let´s say, DF, Veracruz, Tabasco, or the South of the country.

Those areas are more open minded and friendlier to gringos. But you have to understand that just because you are blond and gringo DOES NOT mean Mexican women will throw themselves at you. Frankly, only lower class Mexican women will be more interested in being with a gringo since they have this inferiority complex that lighter=better as they are brown and indigenous. Us middle class and upper class Mexicans we are not really interested in gringos or Anglo-Saxons as our mentality of both men and women on these social circles is we do not need a gringo or Anglo-Saxon woman or man as we have here beautiful women or for the girls trendy men who share our culture, language, religion, etc.

I think that is pretty much everywhere. With middle class and upper class gringos, they even prefer not to marry or even less marry with foreigners from what I saw in my time in Pennsylvania, which is a pretty WASP region not to mention boring and grim as the local people. I have far more fun at a funeral than in f***ing West Chester, Pennsylvania :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:11 pm
Location: Mexico City

Next

Return to Latin America, Mexico, Central America

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest