Are there any safe countries in South America?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Winston
Site Admin

Are there any safe countries in South America?

Post by Winston »

A lot of people have the impression that South America is dangerous and that the drug cartels are ruthless murderers who kill without feeling.

So are there any safe countries in South Americas that defy that impression?

Just wondering, cause Latina beauties seem out of this world and it'd be a shame if danger scared off other guys. After all, why live in fear?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

In terms of Mexico, I've heard that one is better off in the rural regions.

Also, Brazil is supposadly a bad idea nowadays, as the women are beginning to develop that creeping sense of entitlement which dooms romance.[/i]
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

That's not good. Brazil was on my list!
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Jack
Freshman Poster

Post by Jack »

I haven't been to South America yet, but I am somewhat interested in going there since flights from the US are pretty cheap. I have a friend from Bogotá, Colombia and a long time ago I asked him if there were a lot of guerrillas or militants to worry about. He told me Colombia's not at all like the movies and it's just a normal place. I think statistically it's slightly more dangerous than the US, but it's not like a chaotic war zone or anything.

Generally I've found that when I hear something about a country or region over and over (that it's dangerous for example), there is some merit to it, but it's usually completely blown out of proportion.

So I think most of South America is completely safe, however, if you're trying to be very careful you may want to avoid Bolivia, Colombia, and Venezuela as they can be a little bit dodgy.
TheFinalSolution
Freshman Poster

Post by TheFinalSolution »

I've spent some time in Lima Peru and I plan to return for a few days then head over to Cusco Peru to visit Machu Picchu. I felt it was very safe, I walked around at night many times and for several kilometers from the ocean to the hotel. Had no problem sitting on park benches late at night. People would walk by and no one gave me any trouble ever. But this was in the touristy Miraflores district. I rode around on several buses and taxis at night within the city, that too felt safe enough other than the wild traffic. I don't suggest riding the buses unless you are with a girl who you trust. I could not understand the bus routes or the Spanish the conductors shout. Also if you have a seat do not get up for anything, I needed to ask my girl a question and someone stole my seat so I had to stand up holding onto bar so that I don't fall. I was afraid someone would pick my pocket but that didn't happen.

There are all types of women here like anyplace else, some are spoiled and demand to be treated like a princess. Some others will try to manipulate you into spending on them or think you might be their ticket to your country. You could take advantage of these women if you wanted to.

I didn't spend any time at bars or clubs so I am unable to comment on those. I had dates prearranged when I went down there so there was no need to look for women. I noticed a lot of women locking eyes with me, not as much in the tourist section because they are used to foreigners there but if you venture off to the water fountain park or other places that mostly only the locals go to you will get a lot of women checking you out.

Prostitutes are very inexpensive as would be expected if that's your thing but not sure how safe that is. I heard some hotels keep them on staff but that was a rumor from sales man I know that travels to Lima sometimes.

There are lots of Police around walking the beat. The ones in the tourist nice areas like Miraflores look clean and sharp with a simple side arm. The ones more off the beaten path look more like riot police/military, I would stay away from them but maybe keep them insight just in case.

My girl friend there is from a rural area with a large family but she moved to the city to work. She never demanded anything of me but my time, she refused to let me buy her any gifts other than most of our meals, tickets to parks/zoos, and transportation. She preferred small simple restaurants with family food over the fancy restaurants. I didn't always pay, she treated me a few times even though for her it might be a hardship but for me it's nothing. She is the best girl I have ever met.

If anyone has questions about Peru or anything I will be happy to share what I know. I have a lot of pictures and some videos of the area too if interested.
dsc
Freshman Poster

Post by dsc »

Uruguay is generally regarded as safe.

It's also generally regarded as a bit dull..
SNS
Freshman Poster

Post by SNS »

Enishi wrote:In terms of Mexico, I've heard that one is better off in the rural regions.

Also, Brazil is supposadly a bad idea nowadays, as the women are beginning to develop that creeping sense of entitlement which dooms romance.[/i]
There is player boy Rooshv (http://www.rooshv.com) who did a whole thing about SA when he was done there. According to him the same game needed to get with an Ameriskank is also needed to get with a Brazilian chick. So this is not good news. I think i will purchase his recent book where he talks about his 6 month visit to SA and how difficult it was for him. he had numerous bad experiences, not just with women, but also the different in cultures as well. I am very curious as to what things went wrong for him.
SNS
Freshman Poster

Post by SNS »

dsc wrote:Uruguay is generally regarded as safe.

It's also generally regarded as a bit dull..
This is true -- i was in Montevideo and it was dull dull dull. There is an event every year in Puerto Este where millionaires come to show off their expensive boats and cars and gold digger skanks come to show off their breast implants. it would be cheaper and quicker to go to a brothel.

In Argentina the women are stuck up, but the country is beautiful -- relatively safe, but visit Argentina for the wine, culture and beef and beautiful array of different landscapes. But not for the skanks.

Likewise, Chile the women are fuckin ugly bitches who are short and dumpy and dress like truck drivers. Much like Argentina, don't go to Chile unless you want to visit some great geography and deserts.