Most suitable places for me in Latin America - Any recommendations?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Most suitable places for me in Latin America - Any recommendations?

Post by Lucas88 »

The UK is so lifeless and boring. It's eating up my soul and lately I have a strong urge to go back to Latin America. I might choose a location and stay there for about six months or so. I want to reconnect with the passion of life and make passionate love to some of the hot mamacitas. I admit that I've been inspired by @kangarunner's current trip to Medellín. I just wanna go crazy with the revelry, savoring of my beloved Latin culture with all of its vivaciousness and the big Brown booties!

I'm not sure at all about where exactly I would like to stay. I've been doing a lot of travel research lately and have come up with a few considerations that reflect my needs and preferences.

1. Climate

I would prefer to stay in a place with a temperate climate, neither too hot nor too cold. Because of this I favor cities situated in the Andean highlands at a moderate elevation. A range of temperature like that of Medellín, Ibagué or Armenia would be perfect. I don't care too much about sunlight. I don't mind a cloudy sky as long as the temperature is pleasant. Some cities might be situated at a too extreme elevation for me. I'm not a fan of high-altitude cities that are too cold and lack attractive vegetation and I'd rather not have to deal with soroche. I might consider a hotter coastal city if one catches my attention but in that case I'd probably opt to go in winter.

2. Dimensions of the City

I'm considering smaller cities and especially some lesser-known locations. I'm not a fan of large cities and capitals like Lima nor do I like overly touristic places. I'd rather go to a place with little international tourism and few or no gringos - a pristine and unsullied Latin American paradise. I want to go somewhere where I'll be perceived as unique and therefore have a major advantage with the hembritas. I'll probably choose to keep away from the likes of Medellín and Bogotá. Non-touristic places would be fine for me. I speak fluent Spanish and can literally go for months speaking nothing but Spanish. In fact, I overwhelmingly prefer Spanish.

3. Pulchritude of the Women

The kind of Latina that I love the most are those with curves and big butts. I love the triracial Latinas of Colombia and Venezuela with their African booty genetics in combination with their indigenous and European DNA. I prefer them over the pure indias. I'm not exactly sure whereabouts in Latin America that particular curvaceous big butt phenotype starts to gain significant concentration. Is it common throughout all of the western (i.e., civilized) regions of Colombia? Does it extend to Ecuador too? I notice that it doesn't seem to be as widespread in Peru where the pure indiecita look predominates. Maybe @PublicDuende could fill us in on the different regional aesthetics of Colombian women. Also, I'm fine with darker-skinned women and mulatas. I'm not obsessed with the light-skinned European phenotype like some guys are.

4. Architecture and Scenery

I prefer cities and towns with beautiful, soulful and colorful colonial architecture. I'm bipolar. I need to be surrounded by architecture that makes me feel joyful and uplifted, not depressed.

I also want to stay in a place with nice lush vegetation. I hate barren desert scenery like that of the south and center of Peru. If I go back to Peru, I'd prefer to stay somewhere in the lush and fertile north. From what I've seen on Google Maps, Colombia and Ecuador both have really awesome vegetation as long as the altitude isn't too extreme.

5. Safety

I'd prefer to avoid cities with high levels of gangbanger crime and cartel-related violence. That should be obvious. I like GTA but only on my TV screen. I don't wanna "play" GTA in real life.

Some locations I've been considering

Chiclayo, Peru

An attractive coastal city in northern Peru. Doesn't seem too hot most of the year with an average high of about 23-24º (74-75F) in winter and an average low of about 15º (60F). Beautiful architecture and good vegetation. I'm not sure what the women are like in Chiclayo. The city is also close to some nice beach resorts like Puerto Eten and Pimental.

San Ignacio de la Frontera, Peru

An isolated town with a population of about 15,000 in the far north about 15km from the border with Ecuador. It sits at an elevation of 1,260m and has a stable temperature with an average high of 27º and an average low of 15º all year round (similar to Medellín, Colombia, but a little cooler). I've looked on Google Maps and the vegetation looks awesome! If I want to try a town instead of a city, then San Ignacio might be a good place to stay.

Santo Domingo, Ecuador

A city with a population of 460,000 located at an altitude of 625m. Average high of 26-27º (80-81F) and average low of 18-19º (64-66F) all year round. Monsoon season and significant rainfall in summer. Awesome Ecuadorian vegetation.

Popayán, Colombia

Located in the southern highlands at an altitude of 1760m, it has an average high of 24º (75F) and an average low of 13º (56F) all year round, a little cooler than the previous locations but nothing too bad for somebody like me who is used to the merciless climate of Northern Europe. This city has some absolutely beautiful colonial and baroque architecture.

Cali, Colombia

Cali is a major city situated at a lower elevation of 1,018m and is therefore considerably warmer. It's a major city with a population of over 2 million (not ideal in that regard) but I know that the city has an abundance of gorgeous women with curves and big butts. Caleñas are fire!

These are just some ideas and I'm open to other recommendations too. Please give me advice and recommend Latin American locations that could be right for me.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Most suitable places for me in Latin America - Any recommendations?

Post by publicduende »

Lucas88 wrote:
February 2nd, 2023, 4:16 pm
3. Pulchritude of the Women

The kind of Latina that I love the most are those with curves and big butts. I love the triracial Latinas of Colombia and Venezuela with their African booty genetics in combination with their indigenous and European DNA. I prefer them over the pure indias. I'm not exactly sure whereabouts in Latin America that particular curvaceous big butt phenotype starts to gain significant concentration. Is it common throughout all of the western (i.e., civilized) regions of Colombia? Does it extend to Ecuador too? I notice that it doesn't seem to be as widespread in Peru where the pure indiecita look predominates. Maybe @PublicDuende could fill us in on the different regional aesthetics of Colombian women. Also, I'm fine with darker-skinned women and mulatas. I'm not obsessed with the light-skinned European phenotype like some guys are.
You might say that you don't like Western-looking women but, even in Latin America, the hottest looking chicks are inevitably those with some European ancestry. They look whiter, slimmer, with more chiseled facial features, sometimes with green or even blue eyes, while retaining the lovely large hips and bums typical of Latinas.

Women with some European admixture also tend to belong to the upper class and, as such, they have more money to spend on cosmetic treatments, including the much-coveted breast augmentation, which will balance their protruding butt-cheeks with their usually flat chests.

I have only been to Colombia so I couldn't tell first-hand how Ecuadorians, Chileans etc. look like. Unlike you I wouldn't like ladies who look too native-looking Amerindians: they're usually shorter, much darker, stockier, with enlarged oval faces and either flat or long and pointy noses. I can imagine that you will find more of those in countries with more indigenous population: Ecuador and Bolivia more than Colombia, Peru more than Chile, Chile more than Argentina and Uruguay.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

publicduende wrote:
February 2nd, 2023, 4:44 pm
You might say that you don't like Western-looking women but, even in Latin America, the hottest looking chicks are inevitably those with some European ancestry. They look whiter, slimmer, with more chiseled facial features, sometimes with green or even blue eyes, while retaining the lovely large hips and bums typical of Latinas.

Women with some European admixture also tend to belong to the upper class and, as such, they have more money to spend on cosmetic treatments, including the much-coveted breast augmentation, which will balance their protruding butt-cheeks with their usually flat chests.

I have only been to Colombia so I couldn't tell first-hand how Ecuadorians, Chileans etc. look like. Unlike you I wouldn't like ladies who look too native-looking Amerindians: they're usually shorter, much darker, stockier, with enlarged oval faces and either flat or long and pointy noses. I can imagine that you will find more of those in countries with more indigenous population: Ecuador and Bolivia more than Colombia, Peru more than Chile, Chile more than Argentina and Uruguay.
I think that you might have misunderstood me. I do like mestizas with both indigenous and European DNA more than pure indias. I do also like paisas too. It's just that I'm not strictly obsessed with that light-skinned Euro-admixed phenotype and am more than happy to date some of the darker more Afro-admixed colombianitas too. I'm more about curves and big butts. That's what I was asking you about.

I notice a difference in the common body types between the Latinas from southern countries like Peru, Chile and Bolivia and those from northern countries like Colombia and Venezuela. Peruvian, Chilean and Bolivian women usually have a more indigenous phenotype and are often slighter and less curvaceous (or are somewhat amorphously round if they are overweight). This is because they barely have any African admixture at all. The average Peruvian woman is only 1-2% African. Many more Colombian and Venezuelan women on the other hand are curvaceous and have that classical Latina big butt aesthetic, although the prevalence of this most likely depends on the exact region of those countries. Colombian and Venezuelan women have on average significantly more African admixture than Peruvians, Chileans and Bolivians, even if they are light-skinned paisas. This works wonders for their booty genetics and creates the curvaceous and bootylicious "Colombian phenotype" which so many men go crazy for. I'm not sure about Ecuador. Maybe that region features an intermediate phenotype between those of the southern and northern countries, although this is simply speculation on my part.

So I was asking about the geographical extent with regard to the prevalence of that curvaceous and bootylicious phenotype. Do you perceive that it is generalized throughout all of Colombia (with the exception of the purely indigenous regions of the rainforests in the east of the country) or is it concentrated more in certain parts of the Colombian coastal and highland regions? Also, if it's not too much trouble, could you perhaps go into detail about the various regional phenotypes?
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Further to this topic, I've been reading and watching a lot of videos about Colombia recently and have come to the realization that Colombia is my favorite country in Latin America.

To be honest, I always felt an inexplicable connection to Colombia and also tended to find Colombians the friendliest Latinos and with the best vibes among the Latin American diaspora while I was living in Spain, but circumstances beyond my control would take me to other Latin American countries before I ever had a chance to become acquainted with Colombia. Those other Latin American countries were Peru and Mexico.

Previously I had been a "generalist Hispanophile" with a love and appreciation for various Latin American countries and this always caused me to be indecisive about what country I would choose for relocation. However, now I undisputedly regard Colombia as the best Latin American country (at least for me, that is) and am able to focus my attention and energy on that country alone.

For me, Colombia is head and shoulders above any other Latin American country. Colombia has many magnificent and fascinating cities situated in its Andean highlands at moderate altitude and therefore with perfect eternally spring-like climates (e.g., Medellín, Pereira, Armenia, etc.), beautiful lush vegetation throughout the country which is better than that of most other Latin American countries, the hottest women on the continent with that triracial constitution and those kicking curves and booty as well as authentic femininity, and the most pleasant and well-spoken Spanish in the entire Hispanosphere. Colombia in my opinion has greater beauty than other Spanish-speaking countries. It would be a veritable earthly paradise if it weren't for its high levels of crime, cartel presence and guerilla conflicts along the borders.

With regard to some of the Colombian cities that I've researched:

Medellín looks awesome and I've found @kangarunner's videos inspiring. I'd certainly like to spend some time in Medellín, probably in one of its more peripheral municipalities such as Itagüí (where kangarunner himself is currently staying) or maybe even a more separated municipality such as Girardota or Rionegro. Medellín is indeed beautiful and has its unique charm but at the same time I fear that the sheer magnitude of it could overwhelm me. I often feel anxious and overwhelmed in big cities.

Pereira has also caught my attention and strikes me as a beautiful city and with good energy. I've heard it described as a smaller version of Medellín. The municipality of Santa Rosa de Cabal just outside of the main city to the northeast looks stunning with its charming town and its acclaimed heated springs. Pereira is definitely one of the regions of Colombia that interest me the most.

A bit further south, Armenia and its nearby municipality Calarcá also look like fine places to stay (quite modern and well-developed and aesthetically pleasing).

Pasto in the far south of the country also caught my attention in a positive way. It has a cooler temperature than the previously mentioned cities due to its higher elevation but the city itself looks really nice and enchanting and is widely regarded as one of Colombia's most beautiful cities, earning its nickname as "the city of surprise". It is also said to be quite safe. I would certainly like to visit Pasto.

Certain other cities, on the other hand, don't really resonate with me too much. Bogotá and the surrounding region of Cundinamarca have a bit of a dark and bleak aesthetic due to their much higher altitude and even give off "bad vibes". For some reason "Rolo" culture doesn't agree with my own energetic constitution (of course, here I'm simply talking about first impressions). I'd also rather not live in Colombia's "freezer" (yes, the capital's climate seems horrible :( ). Popayán doesn't look as beautiful as I had initially imagined it to be. All of the white buildings of Colombia's "white city" for me just appear monotonous and create a melancholic effect. Manizales appears quite ugly to me too. I didn't like its overall vibe at all. Then there's Tunja. People say that it's a nice city but to me it looks a bit too cold and bleak due to its elevation of almost 3,000m. The eastern side of the Colombian Andes doesn't resonate with me (except for the northern part around Bucaramanga and Ocaña which is situated at a more moderate elevation and has a better climate). I find myself more drawn to the western side (Medellín, Pereira, Armenia, etc.).

By the way, here is a thread I made with brief descriptions, photos and videos of various Colombian highland cities: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=47198

Anybody who is familiar with Colombia, tell us what you think about the different cities and regions.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

My Colombian ex told me to go to Bucaramanga. She said it a safe city and beautiful. She said Medellin is too dangerous.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

MrPeabody wrote:
February 15th, 2023, 8:56 am
My Colombian ex told me to go to Bucaramanga. She said it a safe city and beautiful. She said Medellin is too dangerous.
I've looked into how safe or dangerous every major Colombian city is and even made a thread on the topic:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=47633

I found a website which attempts to rate the level of crime and safety of the cities of the world based on user-submitted testimonies in the last year and half. I know that this method isn't perfect and involves a significant degree of subjectivity but at least it can give us a rough idea of how things are.

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/

According to this website, Bucaramanga receives a safety index of 46.51 (out of 100) vs. Medellín's safety index of 44.44.

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/in/Bucaramanga

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/in/Medellin

If the data is accurate, then Bucaramanga is only marginally safer than Medellín.

According to the same website, there are various other Colombian cities that are safer than both Bucaramanga and Medellín. Pereira receives a safety index of 61.26, Tunja 63.48, and Manizales 59.27.

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/in/Pereira

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/in/Tunja-Colombia

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/in/Manizales

I like the look of Medellín but I'm also interested in Pereira and other Coffee Axis cities. Bucaramanga also looks good. I'll look into it a bit more.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

MrPeabody wrote:
Stop listening to your Colombian ex.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

kangarunner wrote:
February 19th, 2023, 1:11 pm
MrPeabody wrote:
Stop listening to your Colombian ex.
I take it that you mean that Medellín is relatively safe then.

Tell us about the level of safety in Medellín during your stay. How does it compare to other places you've visited? What kind of threats have you encountered if any? Are there neighborhoods that should be avoided?
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Lucas88 wrote:
February 19th, 2023, 4:58 pm

Tell us about the level of safety in Medellín during your stay. How does it compare to other places you've visited? What kind of threats have you encountered if any? Are there neighborhoods that should be avoided?
It's very safe. This is one of the coolest cities I've been to. I've been walking many places with my camera and no one has done anything (El Centro, La 70 street at night). Don't be an idiot or go into bad areas at night and you'll be alright. Don't let anyone prepare your drink (it could be drugged) and stay away from prostitutes, shady looking people, and the scopolamine.

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

kangarunner wrote:
February 20th, 2023, 12:06 pm
Lucas88 wrote:
February 19th, 2023, 4:58 pm

It's very safe. This is one of the coolest cities I've been to. I've been walking many places with my camera and no one has done anything (El Centro, La 70 street at night). Don't be an idiot or go into bad areas at night and you'll be alright. Don't let anyone prepare your drink (it could be drugged) and stay away from prostitutes, shady looking people, and the scopolamine.
Saying it’s “very safe” sounds like a naive gringo. The colombians wouldn’t say that because they all personally know people who have been victimized. The feeling of “safety” lasts until you least expect it. That doesn’t mean you can’t life there. But with eyes wide open.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

MrPeabody wrote:
February 20th, 2023, 10:29 pm
Saying it’s “very safe” sounds like a naive gringo. The colombians wouldn’t say that because they all personally know people who have been victimized. The feeling of “safety” lasts until you least expect it. That doesn’t mean you can’t life there. But with eyes wide open.
I'll take Colombia for $300 Trebek.

Seriously, I'll take this lazy and calm life down here in South America all day long.....over the neverending cycle of mind fuckery in America where each day is misery and mental torture.

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

kangarunner wrote:
February 21st, 2023, 3:50 am
MrPeabody wrote:
February 20th, 2023, 10:29 pm
I'll take Colombia for $300 Trebek.

Seriously, I'll take this lazy and calm life down here in South America all day long.....over the neverending cycle of mind fuckery in America where each day is misery and mental torture.
Me too. I lived in Mexico for 10 years and came back to the states. Now I can't wait to leave for the sake of my own sanity.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

MrPeabody wrote:
February 21st, 2023, 10:06 am
Me too. I lived in Mexico for 10 years and came back to the states. Now I can't wait to leave for the sake of my own sanity.
Care to tell all of us more about the life in Mexico? What places did you stay in? What were the places you liked the most?