Can East Indian looking men get women in Colombia?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
trident765
Freshman Poster

Can East Indian looking men get women in Colombia?

Post by trident765 »

I am going to Colombia a couple of weeks from today, and I am worried if my East Indian appearance is going to be a problem. My real ethnic background is I am 75% Iranian and 25% white American (I understand this is an unusual racial admixture), but in terms of appearance I look 100% east Indian (people always ask me if I am Indian, or assume that I am Indian). Since American women absolutely despise East Indian looking men, I have experienced nothing but hatred from American women in my 30 years of growing up and living here. When I tried Tinder in the USA, it simply did not work - I did not get any matches after 2 months, except some accidental ones who promptly unmatched me, and a couple of repulsive beasts who were simply too inhumanly unattractive and obese to consider. I know looking Indian is unattractive, but it shouldn't be THAT unattractive! I have a 6 figure job, am 6'1, am not obese or facially hideous as far as I can tell - are the few beasts I was matched with really my league?!

And my negative personal experiences in real life and on Tinder seem to be confirmed by the statistics. Here are the statistics of what percentage of women have the option enabled on their dating accounts to exclude men of various races (note the "Excludes East Indian" row under the "Women" column):

Only 5% of women (doesn't matter the race) do not have the option enabled. Which means that there are only 5% of women for whom looking Indian is not an immediate dealbreaker. This means that if you look Indian in the USA, you are going to have to go through at least 20 times as many rejections as a white guy.

Not too surprising when you think about it. From an online dating profile, you can't really tell anything about the person, except what they look like and what their race is. What kind of American girl would date a guy based on nothing other than the fact that he looks Indian? None.

I'm in an awkward position to comment on this since I am not really connected to Indian culture given the fact that I am not actually Indian, but from what I hear even Indian girls want white guys these days, which seems to be confirmed by the fact that I did not get any Indian matches on Tinder. Not that I would especially want an Indian girl any way. I am kind of sick of this Indian identity that American culture has been shoving down my throat for all my life, so I would feel like by marrying an Indian girl I would be submitting to this Indian Identity that the Americans are forcing on me, which is not something I am too eager to do. I would love an Iranian girl, but they are hard to find, and the few I have met didn't seem very friendly to me.

Anyway, back to the topic. How big of a problem is looking Indian in Colombia? Is looking Indian a dealbreaker for Colombian women like it is for the vast majority of American women? One thing that worries me is that in the table I posted above, it shows 96% of Latina women as excluding East Indian men, which surprisingly is even higher than white women. Are the Latina women in Colombia as hateful towards East Indian looking men as the Latina women in America?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Mobo
Freshman Poster

Re: Can East Indian looking men get women in Colombia?

Post by Mobo »

@trident765

Statistics is misleading, but most of times statistics is pure disinformation,
seriously who is the nutcase that contrasts dating inter-relations with stats..

You are clearly confused, you worry about irrelevant issues and you have very bizarre thinking patterns.
What do you want, White, Indian, Persian or Latina, which is which ??

Since you mention your looks, you are clearly looking for "love" or validation,
which is a contradiction because men who go to Colombia are hardline mongers..

When it comes to your physical appearance or your financial status, even your age,
people will take your musings with a grain of salt, specially on an online forum,
People who are rich, do not have this need to brag about their financial status..
Men who have this belief, that they are important or special to others, or that the world revolves around them,
need a consultation free of charge in the crazies asylum..

Also why the self-hate ? who cares how you look like, if you are ugly or if others are ugly to you,
you think people have time for this, seriously who gives a damn about Indian culture..
Mobo
Freshman Poster

Post by Mobo »

@MarcosZeitola
@yick
@Pixel--Dude
trident765
Freshman Poster

Post by trident765 »

Mobo wrote:
August 20th, 2023, 3:27 am

Also why the self-hate ? who cares how you look like, if you are ugly or if others are ugly to you,
you think people have time for this, seriously who gives a damn about Indian culture..
I don't self-hate. It is the world that hates me. I recognize that I am superior to the vast majority of Americans. The fact that American culture rejects me is a kind of cultural insanity.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

trident765 wrote:
August 20th, 2023, 7:43 am
I don't self-hate. It is the world that hates me. I recognize that I am superior to the vast majority of Americans. The fact that American culture rejects me is a kind of cultural insanity.
Move to the UK buddy. They have been living with Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan people more than 2 centuries. British girls have zero complaints about men who look like you, especially if you're tall and know how to chat up a lady.
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

Post by ArchibaultNew »

I would say give it a try.

The US has a very specific view of the world and preferences. For instance, being a "nerd' or "intelligent" is throw upon. According to some Asians who went to Colombia they had a good experience.
Flat-Antelope7927
Freshman Poster

Post by Flat-Antelope7927 »

I know plenty of Indian men in America that get women. One Indian guy is a middle-aged janitor at one of the offices that I own. He gets paid minimum wage, is short, balding, has an accent, but instead of focusing on self-pity and whining (which will turn off women more than being ugly or poor) he works hard everyday and has a confident personality. He is dating a hot 21 year Latina right now. I'm sure most people here can see the difference between him and the other men who blame their culture, accent, or looks instead of their own shortcomings.
Mobo
Freshman Poster

Post by Mobo »

trident765 wrote: The fact that American culture rejects me is a kind of cultural insanity.
Who are you to be accepted or rejected, pharaoh ??
American culture is a cancel culture, a trash culture.
You come across as someone who has megalo-manic issues, a common trait that pathological liars shares.
People do not give a damn about you, people have their own issues.

trident765 wrote: I recognize that I am superior to the vast majority of Americans.
Delusions of grandeur, people who have accomplished anything significant in their lives or who are successful do not think the way you do,
you really need a reality check, people do not care about you feelings.

trident765 wrote: I don't self-hate. It is the world that hates me.
How do you know that the world hates you, do you even realize what you are saying ??

It's already exhaustive to deal with your day to day issues, why would you want to worry about other people or their opinions,
this is the type of thing that drains you.

trident765 wrote: From an online dating profile, you can't really tell anything about the person, except what they look like and what their race is.
I agree with your point, that dating profiles do not show the person's character,
and it is true that appearances are deceiving.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

If you're really a tall, facially handsome Iranian-white admixture, I don't see how you would do badly anywhere in the world, romantically speaking. Unless of course you aren't as handsome as you think you are, or you have a dorky fashion style, perhaps. I know a white-Persian mixed man and he was kind of a Lothario. And I know of many Indian men who have done fairly well romantically around the globe, too. As another member pointed out, England is FULL of Indian and Pakistani men who slay hot white girls.

It's probably all just a "you problem", and you may simply be delusional, OP. I doubt there's any 6'1" handsome faced dudes with good attire and nice photos on dating apps anywhere in the world who are getting exclusively "fat ugly beasts". That's just ridiculous, mate.

I mean you heard of that band a few years ago, One Direction? One of their members was a Pakistani-British fellow named Zayn Malik. He was a MAJOR global hearthrob, dude got girls madly in love with him the world over. And unlike you, he actually does have Indian blood. I mean Indian/Pakistani, potato, potato, same thing for all intents and purposes. You're being melodramatic, methinks.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Mobo
Freshman Poster

Post by Mobo »

@MarcosZeitola

Somewhere along the lines OP has a point, the dating scene really is upside down.

But his thinking pattern is off, what others think about you, who hates who,
who is superior or who is not ?

I mean you have no control over people's opinions and who cares ??

This is the sort of thing you learn very early on.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Mobo wrote:
August 20th, 2023, 12:32 pm
@MarcosZeitola

Somewhere along the lines OP has a point, the dating scene really is upside down.

But his thinking pattern is off, what others think about you, who hates who,
who is superior or who is not ?

I mean you have no control over people's opinions and who cares ??

This is the sort of thing you learn very early on.
The whole inferior/superior thing is ridiculous, anyway. I mean the same black thug looking dude who would be laughed at in Asia may slay in America. The same nerdy Indian or Chinese immigrant dude who wouldn't get laid in America may end up with a cute German girlfriend if he goes to Europe. It's all about finding a pool in which the fish will bite...

But honestly, I am just skeptical of anyone who claims to be handsome/tall/well-dressed and who claims he only matches with obese disgusting women because that just seems far-fetched to me.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Mobo
Freshman Poster

Post by Mobo »

@MarcosZeitola

6ft is pretty average today, it's really not a big deal.

But his claims of a 6 figure job is a bit far fetched, the average guy in the US don't make anything near 80k.
The average blue collar worker in the US is stuck with their 30k income and they can't find another job.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Mobo wrote:
August 20th, 2023, 12:57 pm
@MarcosZeitola

6ft is pretty average today, it's really not a big deal.

But his claims of a 6 figure job is a bit far fetched, the average guy in the US don't make anything near 80k.
The average blue collar worker in the US is stuck with their 30k income and they can't find another job.
True, but 6'1" is still above average in most of the world. Combined with above average looks and income, him being "undateable" sounds hard to believe. Something doesn't compute...
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
August 20th, 2023, 1:34 pm
True, but 6'1" is still above average in most of the world. Combined with above average looks and income, him being "undateable" sounds hard to believe. Something doesn't compute...
- Men didn't walk on the moon.
- The Earth is flat.
- Decent men can date in America.

Just a few of the absurd beliefs that are popular on this forum.
Mobo
Freshman Poster

Post by Mobo »

fschmidt wrote:
August 20th, 2023, 6:40 pm

- Men didn't walk on the moon.
- The Earth is flat.
- Decent men can date in America.

Just a few of the absurd beliefs that are popular on this forum.
Strong nonsense, but you are java person, what can I say.