Fatness of Mexicans

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
trident765
Freshman Poster

Fatness of Mexicans

Post by trident765 »

I visited Colombia for a week and one thing that stood out to me is that there were no fat chicks there. None. All of them were slim, meaning that the American dilemma of "I matched with a girl, but she is so obese that I would be embarrassed to be seen in public with her" does not exist in Colombia.

That's Colombia, but what confuses me is that my impression of Mexicans is that they are fat (at least the Mexican women I see in the USA are fat), but I thought Latin America is more or less homogeneous and that Colombians would be similar to Mexicans, just like Americans are similar to Canadians. So what is the reality of Mexican women? Are they fat like American women, or are they slim like all Colombian women are?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Fatness of Mexicans

Post by fschmidt »

I guess you could look at a dating app to find out. Mexicans were thin before NAFTA and got fat after. But they aren't as bad as American women. As my wife's great-grandfather, Porfirio Díaz, said "Pobre México, tan lejos de Dios y tan cerca de Estados Unidos".
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Mexican food tends to have high calories with the tacos, burritos, refried beans, etc ... unless you stick to fish.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

MrPeabody wrote:
September 9th, 2023, 10:48 pm
Mexican food tends to have high calories with the tacos, burritos, refried beans, etc ... unless you stick to fish.
That really doesn't matter. Mexicans used to eat a lot of lard and were thin. Now they eat American trans-fats and get fat. The issue isn't calories, the issue is crappy American food.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

fschmidt wrote:
September 9th, 2023, 11:21 pm
MrPeabody wrote:
September 9th, 2023, 10:48 pm
That really doesn't matter. Mexicans used to eat a lot of lard and were thin. Now they eat American trans-fats and get fat. The issue isn't calories, the issue is crappy American food.
The only thing that matters is calories. I have lost weight even eating crappy American food. I just eat less of it.
trident765
Freshman Poster

Post by trident765 »

fschmidt wrote:
September 9th, 2023, 7:49 pm
I guess you could look at a dating app to find out.
I just did this and I got matched with an extremely fat Mexican woman. None of my 19 Colombian matches were fat.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Latino countries' cuisines are not all the same. Mexico has lots of unique foods and different regional cuisines. There is a lot of influence from the original inhabitants because numerically, if less so percentagewise, a lot of them survived the plagues of European germ that came with conquest. Mexico was a population center.

I know, seeing Mexicans at a indoor fleamarkets, a lot of the girls would show skin, including midsections hanging over the edge of their jeans--lots of chunky girls showing too much chunk. Not many of them were extremely fat.

That could be mostly the ones in the US. You could look up some stats to find out if Mexicans in Mexico tend to be a little overweight.