Most dateless men won't consider going abroad? Why?

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

When I first told everyone I was going to Western Europe, they all had their comments about how stuck up and snobbish the people are. That wasnt entirely incorrect though. LOL. But the women are 1000 times nicer than the best AW you could meet.

When I went to Latin America, people did ask me if I was crazy when I got back. They said I could have been murdered and left for dead, or that some chica could lure me and her BF could come in and kill me for some money.

It supposedly does happen though. When I was staying at one hotel telling the hostess that I wanted to wait outside at 7am, she said it was a bad idea cause someone might bother me.

Go figure.

Sometimes it sucks when people can look at you and just tell you arent from the same racial stock. First thing half the cashiers asked me down there was, "Do you speak Spanish?" LOL!!!!!!!

The women in the hotel assumed I was from Italy. So I just told everyone I was from Italia after that. hehehe

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: sure

Post by momopi »

dano wrote: I was just wondering if anyone knows someone who daytrades online. Ninety percent of the people who do it lose money, but the ten percent of the people who are successful make a killing. It might be worth looking into. All you need is a good internet connection, and you can do it anywhere in the world.
Start with paper trades (practice, not real money).

FuzzX
Freshman Poster

Post by FuzzX »

A common question people always ask me when they meet me is "What do you do for a living?"... the only problem is they never want to hear the answer. They look at me funny when I tell them I've lived abroad.

They also try and belittle me by saying:

"Oh.. you aren't a REAL teacher!"

or

"If it was so good out there then why are you back here?"

or

"If it's so easy then why isn't everyone doing it?"

or

"You need to grow up eventually and be more responsible!"

or

they tell their children not to look at me

or

they think I'm some sort of pervert... like yesterday I was telling a kid in line for the ministry of transport NOT to goto school on a loan and instead to get a trade or a truck driver license or something short and easy, live at home for 2 years, save everything and then retire at 21 years old in the 3rd world and play xbox for the rest of his life... I told the kid he could meet girls like crazy all day long...

well you should have seen how angry the FATHER got.. The henpecked dad was a forklift driver who had been supporting 5 kids and no doubt a bitchy wife. I told the 18 y/o kid to get his TESOL and forklift training (because it only costs 100 bucks and takes a day) and he could start into the job market making $15/Hour then later go abroad. The kid seemed to be pretty interested but his father insisted that he was going to A LOCAL school to become a RESPECTABLE wage earner so he can save for a house and family. The father was sending him to school for journalism.. the kid's reply was "But I don't even like that dad!".

He looked at me like I was lying so I handed him my card... he threw it right back at me and turned away in disgust.

People are brainwashed and they get mean when you suggest ways they can have a better life. This is why I've become anti-social when I'm in Canada.
Montanaland
Freshman Poster

making hay before you depart!

Post by Montanaland »

I totally agree with your reasoning on making/saving quick and good wages before you take the leap to another country. A cdl or a construction job should easily net you good money.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

FuzzX wrote:Yesterday I was telling a kid in line for the ministry of transport NOT to go to school on a loan and instead to get a trade or a truck driver license or something short and easy, live at home for 2 years, save everything and then retire at 21 years old in the 3rd world and play xbox for the rest of his life... I told the kid he could meet girls like crazy all day long...

well you should have seen how angry the FATHER got.. The henpecked dad was a forklift driver who had been supporting 5 kids and no doubt a bitchy wife. I told the 18 y/o kid to get his TESOL and forklift training (because it only costs 100 bucks and takes a day) and he could start into the job market making $15/Hour then later go abroad. The kid seemed to be pretty interested but his father insisted that he was going to A LOCAL school to become a RESPECTABLE wage earner so he can save for a house and family. The father was sending him to school for journalism.. the kid's reply was "But I don't even like that dad!".

He looked at me like I was lying so I handed him my card... he threw it right back at me and turned away in disgust.

People are brainwashed and they get mean when you suggest ways they can have a better life. This is why I've become anti-social when I'm in Canada.
Ah, it is good to know that Canadians and Americans still share some common values...like men assume they should work 50 years and die providing for a family house wife and kids. "Respectable wager earner to save for a house and family"!!!

Hahahaha!

Unplugging never felt so fine...
Marcus Aurelius
Freshman Poster

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

My opinion is that it's simply ignorance.

Ignorance of other cultures in general

or

ignorance that this option even exists for men.

Then of course, to use the term from Happy Bachelors: other manginas.

Men that DO know about this option tend to frown upon it because they believe the lunacy their feminist masters tell them too. Feminists view men who expat or import as threats to their status, that they can be replaced. As such they demonize men who do this. We are all 'losers' who 'can't handle the empowered western female'. Oh, I can handle them...I just DON'T WANT TO. I will never date american again. If things for some reason don't pan out with my current foreign girl, then I will simply go abroad again. But they brainwash other men into thinking we are losers doing mail order brides.

Ha!

With regards to the first two, I think men are also programmed into believing this consumerist culture is 'the ideal' of the world. They ignorantly feel they are in the best place right where they are, despite the fact that any marriage they walk into here has a 50% chance of ending in divorce. You may as well play russian roulette, you actually would have better odds.

I also think a lot of men DON'T KNOW. I am a well travelled person, but until the recomendation of my best friend, then discovering this site and others, I never even thought about it as a viable option. People get so stuck in trying to run the broken down treadmill of the mating scene here they don't realize they could have it better abroad. Instead, they fall off the treadmill, then get right back on it, over and over again.....the average mangina thinks its NOT A PROBLEM WITH WOMEN IN GENERAL, BUT THE INDIVIDUAL. "She just wasn't the right one." How many times do you have to tell yourself that? I think the first step in turning a mangina into a man, one who would want to look abroad, is that he needs to realize THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE WOMEN OF THIS COUNTRY AND THE WEST COLLECTIVELY, NOT INDIVIDUALLY.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Marcus Aurelius wrote:I also think a lot of men DON'T KNOW. I am a well travelled person, but until the recomendation of my best friend, then discovering this site and others, I never even thought about it as a viable option. People get so stuck in trying to run the broken down treadmill of the mating scene here they don't realize they could have it better abroad. Instead, they fall off the treadmill, then get right back on it, over and over again.....the average mangina thinks its NOT A PROBLEM WITH WOMEN IN GENERAL, BUT THE INDIVIDUAL. "She just wasn't the right one." How many times do you have to tell yourself that? I think the first step in turning a mangina into a man, one who would want to look abroad, is that he needs to realize THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE WOMEN OF THIS COUNTRY AND THE WEST COLLECTIVELY, NOT INDIVIDUALLY.
I have had people tell me that logically I should try to date all the women in the USA before passing judgement.

That logical fallacy did not survive.

The fact is there are two things in common with men who think that the USA dating scene sucks:

1) The men themselves
2) The women. IE they are all women in the USA or whichever country

Obviously the choices are to 1) be a different person or 2) date women in another country, in order to find out which of the two is at cause.

Since it is metaphysically impossible to change who you are, although Wymyn will tell you to change your attitude, it is a simply matter to fly to another country and observe.

Unfortunately for AW it IS their fault as it is the culture and women who live here within it. Everyone here knows this and most of us live outside of the USA.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Great comments guys.

Hey check this out. The folks on Love-Shy forum are saying that they cannot get any girls in Asia, not even in the Philippines, because they are shy sensitive types and that all Asian women only want dominant types! LOL They have it backwards, especially in the Philippines. I told them in very loud words how wrong they are, as all Filipinas I know strongly prefer sweet caring types, not big dominant types. Sweet caring types do far far far better there than the dominant guys, by far.

These guys seem to have a totally defeatist attitude! Perhaps some of you can go there and give them a dose of reality? Here is the thread:

http://www.love-shy.com/lsbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6205
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Winston wrote:Great comments guys.

Hey check this out. The folks on Love-Shy forum are saying that they cannot get any girls in Asia, not even in the Philippines, because they are shy sensitive types and that all Asian women only want dominant types! LOL They have it backwards, especially in the Philippines. I told them in very loud words how wrong they are, as all Filipinas I know strongly prefer sweet caring types, not big dominant types. Sweet caring types do far far far better there than the dominant guys, by far.

These guys seem to have a totally defeatist attitude! Perhaps some of you can go there and give them a dose of reality? Here is the thread:

http://www.love-shy.com/lsbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6205
Here is what I just posted there:
Let me make a little clarification.

It's true in RUSSIA that women there like dominant men. And not just that, but tall men too, or macho looking. Russian girls are genetically attracted to those types for some reason. They will not be sexually attracted to you if you're short or sweet and sensitive. Those types they only like as friends.

But in the Philippines, I can say unequivocably that the girls there prefer the sweet caring types, and not the dominant types. You can check this out for yourself by watching or renting any Filipino Tagalog romance movie, and you will see that NONE of the romantic male leads are dominant types. NONE. They are all sweet caring types.

ALL Filipinas I know say they prefer sweet caring types, not dominant or macho types, which are a huge turn off in their culture.

I just wanted to make that clear.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Oh.. you aren't a REAL teacher!"
No, I am not a teacher, I am a professor and/or an instructor at worst.
or

"If it was so good out there then why are you back here?"
My visa expired, my contract finished and I am back to recharge. And to buy a few houses, too.
or

"If it's so easy then why isn't everyone doing it?"
It is not easy to live in a foreign land at all. And most people don't have the guts to do it anyway. But many people are doing it. Hey, some 6,000,000 Americans are overseas.
or

"You need to grow up eventually and be more responsible!"
Actually, here are some recommendation letters from some major universities I worked for. They call me responsible.
or

they tell their children not to look at me
No worries. Every time I go into a Philippine village, I am followed by crowds of kids all asking the Americano for chocolates. The parents ask their kids to go and ask me for money, as well.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Marcus Aurelius
Freshman Poster

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

All right: I'll register on this crazy forum so I can sound off about this.... :lol:
ultraviolet
Freshman Poster

Post by ultraviolet »

I think the main reason for this is simply because of lack of knowledge.

The idea that women could be sweet, warm and kind by nature is so completely outside the reality of the average man in the Anglosphere, you might as well be telling him that the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus really exists.

I read some stats about how in the US, most people don't even have their passports let alone traveled outside the US. To see is to believe, you can tell someone until you're blue in the face but if they could see it, then they would believe it.

And thus the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

All in all it's not so bad, because if everyone believed it, they'd all stamped abroad and drive up the prices of everything and the manginas would just ruin the women and turned them just like their spoiled Anglosphere counterparts.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

ultraviolet wrote: All in all it's not so bad, because if everyone believed it, they'd all stamped abroad and drive up the prices of everything and the manginas would just ruin the women and turned them just like their spoiled Anglosphere counterparts.
I have noticed that once you get a high concentration of western men in one area the women start turning into spoiled bitches. This is especially true in Thailand in particular social circles where there are a lot of white western expats and fewer available english speaking thai women. It really does ruin it because some guys have no social skills and end up being doormats for women. Then other foreign men compete for the same woman so she just keeps raising her requirements seeing as how there's a bunch of chumps chasing her now.

The solution is to be in an area where you have to speak the foreign language or have particular cultural knowledge. This means there's an automatic entry barrier there that blocks out the chumps and widens your own dating pool immeasurably.
ultraviolet
Freshman Poster

Post by ultraviolet »

Thanks for the great insight Repatriate. I was theorizing this to be the case but you've offered experience that proves this.

I always had a theory that Mangina and AW are on the same side of the coin, your experience suggests that this is true.

Which would mean that Manginas create AWs which create Manginas which create AWs, which came first? Chicken or egg?
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

ultraviolet wrote:Thanks for the great insight Repatriate. I was theorizing this to be the case but you've offered experience that proves this.

I always had a theory that Mangina and AW are on the same side of the coin, your experience suggests that this is true.

Which would mean that Manginas create AWs which create Manginas which create AWs, which came first? Chicken or egg?
Somewhere along the line normal gender relations were vilified and become a social commodity placed at some ridiculous lofty moral perch. Ever since then english speaking western culture has favored the dynamic of the bossy selfish woman and the "sensitive" man who has to accommodate for never ending standards. It's particularly bad in the U.S. and U.k. because the number of attractive young women are far less than many other countries as well. So competition creates all sorts of passive-aggressiveness and "magina" behavior.

I'd say it's cultural but probably the biggest turn can be tracked to how feminism was twisted into this sort of selfish narcissism for women.