Why I left Sweden for Turkey

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
swedpdlr
Freshman Poster

Post by swedpdlr »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:
swedpdlr wrote:
Billy wrote:so why turkey? i see the numbers of foreigners are increasing in turkey. shure it´s very cheap compared to european summer destinations.
Turkey for these reasons:
- climate, subtropical, in the south strip from Antalya and east direction, bordering the Mediterrain ocean.
- very affordable prices when bying a condo or house. I bought a flat, best location in Alanya you could ask for, paying 50000 Euro, that is like 65000 USD, 75 square meters, three minuts walking distance to beach. Compared to France and Spain a third of prices in those countries, compared to Hong Kong, where I might establish for personal reasons, almost ten times more expensive there
- friendly people, turks are known to be, also they are good at english language, if not you manage with german also, never need to learn turkish
- cheap to live, 60% lower compared northern Europe where I come from, with exception of imported items
- safety; police, gendarms, army... you walk safe in the streets, but be careful when in eastern parts of the country, bordering Syria, Iraq and Lebanon, ethnic conflicts with kurdish minority is an ongoing 'civil war', but nothing of this in the wealthy tourist/retirement area where I live
- Turkey with a development of BNP, plus 7%, along with China fastest growth atm
I know where that's at... That's a beach town and lots of Ukrainian women should be around there as well. Also, Turkey is a sex tourist vacation spot for women.
Sex tourist women, easily charmed by browneyed turk-kurdish casanovas, very common beach-side. These middle- to high-aged cows mainly from Norway or Sweden. Ukraine and russian women, even turkish, offer their service to any man willing to pay 150 TRY for 1 hr, or 400 TRY for a night. If you prefer, a taxi with four different body style and nationalities to chose among, pick one to bring to your home or whatever available place, this arrangement you can let a 'commission' turk handle, no problem to find. Trafficing is a big business in Turkey, one reason that the government has sharpened the immigration Visa, those lacking a fat bank account of their own are almost 100% sure not to be allowed in. Work visa as well as tourist visa are extremely in focus from turkish embassies abroad nowadays.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

nice inside swed. you´re very well informed about the turkish policy. you even know the prices:).
swedpdlr
Freshman Poster

Post by swedpdlr »

Billy wrote:nice inside swed. you´re very well informed about the turkish policy. you even know the prices:).
When you have turkish friends, you should know they are always very helpful in every respect, even not asked specifically in various matters. They just 'assume' you are in need of something - like singles want a woman - and tries to be helpful. Not only for your well-being, but they of course get their tip commission, maybe 5%, a way to get extra income, in a country with very low wages especially for those having simple and unqualified type of jobs.
swedpdlr
Freshman Poster

Post by swedpdlr »

Now, I should rephrase this thread, to be honest. It would be like..."Why I left Sweden for Turkey... and then left Turkey for Hong Kong". That's where I live now, but that's another story, maybe in another thread. :)
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

haha, yeah things change....

hope to see your hong kong thread...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

How are Turkish women? Are they easy to have sex with? I'm asking because I'm very attracted to Middle Eastern women in general. I like they're dark skin and exotic beauty, but they're sometimes hard to get.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

zboy1, yes not so easy....
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Billy wrote:zboy1, yes not so easy....
Too bad. I wouldn't mind a fling with a ME chick in bed some day...
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

east european girls look mostly similar. they might be a better option.
swedpdlr
Freshman Poster

Post by swedpdlr »

Billy wrote:haha, yeah things change....

hope to see your hong kong thread...
That would be some reading for you, Billy. Having attracting women here in HK is as easy as could be,
compared to Turkey, HK is a paradise in that respect. I still keep my Alanya condo, but will be in Turkey
only on occasion, due to some duties I have to attend to.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

thanks swed, i think it will be quite a comparison between the two countries....
swedpdlr
Freshman Poster

Post by swedpdlr »

Billy wrote:thanks swed, i think it will be quite a comparison between the two countries....
The most obvious difference, and that goes for filipina girls also, is that you don't have to look for them - if you know where to be and when - they goes for you! With some nice attitude, and generous with a lunch, a dinner, a drink etc, you are laid within the time it takes to go to your apt or hotel room. I am in Manila atm, with girlfriend fiance, we go to Angeles City this weekend, in main street you can't walk ten yards in sidewalk without beeing invited from attractive young women. An american friend of mine, visited AC some weeks ago, strolling around in city, these bar girls said it's no problem with your wife, she can join or watch, we don't care! Also not unusual that girlfriends allow their men to f**k others, "I know the needs of men, as long as I'm No #1, it's ok with me", is not uncommon attitude. "Make me your No #2", a filipina said to me, when we just started a conversation in a street corner in Hong Kong. "I'm working here since as a DH with a foreign family living here, since seven years, I have a lazy husband living in Phils, but I don't care about him at all. I want you, let's go to your place now, your girlfriend will understand, or you keep it with yourself. Call me also when you feel for it, Sundays are my off day from work."

In Turkey you must go out and find them at some bars, mainly russian and ukraine hookers, no chance to meet with a non-prostitute muslim woman, forget it. Alternatively you find some nice turk, could be whoever, with knowledge, he arranges for a gang of hookers coming to your address with cab, you pick one, the others leaves, and you agree with yours on the price for short stay, or a night.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

swed, angeles city? your quite in the epi centrum of the action. how do you deal with the weather in philis and hong kong? the humidity should be harder to handle than in turkey.

i heard that the condo prices in hong kong are expensive as space there is limited. you said that it was ok. is its really so?

seems like you know how to enjoy life...
smallcheese
Freshman Poster

Post by smallcheese »

Buying a condo in Hong Kong is still not cheap. A decent place will still cost more than $600K USD and better places can easily cost more than $1 million USD. Banks don't even give mortgages out anymore for properties valued more than $7 million HKD and even if they did give you a mortgage, new rules require you to put down at least 40%.

Other than real estate, HK is a great jumping point into the rest of Asia, especially the Philippines as airlines now have direct flights into Manila, Clark and Cebu from HK.
swedpdlr
Freshman Poster

Post by swedpdlr »

Billy wrote:swed, angeles city? your quite in the epi centrum of the action. how do you deal with the weather in philis and hong kong? the humidity should be harder to handle than in turkey.

i heard that the condo prices in hong kong are expensive as space there is limited. you said that it was ok. is its really so?

seems like you know how to enjoy life...
I'm in Sweden during hot summer months, so no problem with heat on subtropic level. Angeles I'll visit this weekend, no experience earlier, just a lot of talk from friends My Ph girlfriend has lived there earlier, so I know what to expect coming there.... ;=)

My HK flat is a small serviced apartment, in HK Islands NW, old building but renovated apts. I pay 1100 USD amonth, laundry area/entrance hall shared with one neighbour. Cleaning, bed linen change, cable TV, Wi-Fi, water and electricity, all included. Two MTR-stations from Wan Chai, my waterhole and amusement area in island.