Russian Eduard is here :) Thanks for the invite, Winston

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Eduard
Freshman Poster

Russian Eduard is here :) Thanks for the invite, Winston

Post by Eduard »

Hello everyone,
I registered here upon an invitation from Winston. He asked me to share some of my experiences in regard to Russian/Ukrainian women.
I was born and raised in Russia, but have been a USA citizen for over 25 years. About 6 years ago I was divorced from my American wife and I decided to look for a family oriented woman from the old country. I found her, brought her to the USA and we have been happily married for 4 years now with one child and the second one on the way.
Since then I've helped many men find their happiness with Russian women. It is much easier for me, since I am a native Russian speaker and know the culture to spot scam, insincere women and gold diggers. I look for women who are outside the agency ciruit and are not part of the "Russian Bride" business. There are millions of them on Russian internet and I know how to approach them and make a connection. Most of you have been approached by Russian scam artists. If you are considering meeting and developing a relationship with the real Russian women - talk to me. I might be able to help.
I'll try to answer questions that you might have here on the forum.
Eduard
http://www.getrussianwife.com
Offering a very unique, personal matchmaking service. Tap into the pool of millions direct contact single Russian women outside of the usual agency circuit. Don't deal with scam any longer. Great results. Services offered: I help men create a pool of real, single, marriage minded Russian women with no agencies or middle man envolved. I help men to get to know these women, I travel to Russia and Ukraine with my clients. I also help with Interpreting, 3-way calls, K-1 help, consulting. My site: http://www.getrussianwife.com
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi Ed,

Welcome and thanks for joining my forum.

Feel free to post the link to your youtube videos here or in the Russia board. (Youtube is where I found him folks) They offer a first hand experience of meeting Russian women and going out with them. Like my videos, they make you feel like you're there on the date with your client.

Anyhow, there are some guys here interested in Russian women. Perhaps they have questions for you. I can send an email to my list and announce that you'll be willing to answer questions about Russian women on this forum, then if any questions arise here, I'll email you about it.

It's good to have an individual introduce Russian women to you, esp a Russian American, rather than an agency.

BTW, can you tell us how you weed out the scammers? I mean, every scammer is going to pretend to be innocent and claim that they are honest, so you can't listen to their words obviously, only their actions.

And also, how can you tell if a Russian woman is really interested in you? What are the signs?

Thanks,
Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Eduard
Freshman Poster

Post by Eduard »

WWu777 wrote:Hi Ed,

Welcome and thanks for joining my forum.

Feel free to post the link to your youtube videos here or in the Russia board. (Youtube is where I found him folks) They offer a first hand experience of meeting Russian women and going out with them. Like my videos, they make you feel like you're there on the date with your client.

Anyhow, there are some guys here interested in Russian women. Perhaps they have questions for you. I can send an email to my list and announce that you'll be willing to answer questions about Russian women on this forum, then if any questions arise here, I'll email you about it.

It's good to have an individual introduce Russian women to you, esp a Russian American, rather than an agency.

BTW, can you tell us how you weed out the scammers? I mean, every scammer is going to pretend to be innocent and claim that they are honest, so you can't listen to their words obviously, only their actions.

And also, how can you tell if a Russian woman is really interested in you? What are the signs?

Thanks,
Winston
Excellent questions, Winston. First of all obviously it is a lot easier for me to identify scammers because I am a native Russian speaker who grew up among Russian women.
I also have been hit on by scammers when I first started looking for my Russian wife. They didn't talk like normal girls talk to a man who is completely unfamiliar to them, they write these long, warm letters to you before they even get to know you, they tend not to answer your questions and just send you standart emails #1, 2, 3 and so on there are so many little red flags that I can spot almost in every centense. It was funny when I wrote back to a couple of girls in Russian saying that I am a Russian living in the US and that she doesn't need to use the online translator and just write back in Russian, they still wrote back in broken English which proved to me that they don't even read letters.
Basically you can be 99.9% sure that it's a scam if you suddenly get a letter from a "Russian girl" who tells you that she found your info somewhere on line or if you get contacted by a "Russian girl" on any English-speaking site like Craigslist, match.com or Yahoo personals. Real Russian girls typically just don't hang out on these sites.
You should also know that most scammers don't use their own photos. They steal other girl's pics from Russian sites and use them to scam men. If they send you a photo of their passport with the photo it is likely to also be fake (particularly the photo) It is very easy to replace a photo in photoshop. Normal girls would not even offer to send you a photo of their passport.
Some good facts to know:
A Russian woman can not come here "to meet you" A typical scam is when
a girl (or a boyin some cases) after writing a few very long warm letters tells you that
she is falling in love with you and now she is ready to come to the USA to
meet you in person, "to be with you". Her sick grandma gave her blessing to
come to you,
and you are very excited with anticipation of having this gorgeous young
thing arriving to your door step
and throwing herself into your arms...Everything is set. She sent you a copy
of her passport But...but....
but she needs several hundred dollars (usually around $800-900) wired to her
because she is just a little short. It's a scam!!!
You will never see the girl or your money again.
You should know that before you can bring a girl here on a fiance visa
(K-1),
you will have to meet her in person outside of the USA and have proof of
that.
So if you are not willing or prepaired to do that, this might not be for
you.
A single Russian woman of marriagable age generally can't get into the USA
any other way than on a Fiance visa that you will have to initiate. You must be a US citizen to
bring a girl here from Russia.
You should also be aware that in order for you to qualify for a Fiance visa
Department of Homeland Security will ask you to produce your income tax
returns for the past 3 years that show you make income that is at least 25%
above the US poverty level which is around 15K a year.
Basically you will not qualify if your adjusted gross income is much under
$20K a year, unless you have substantial cash or real estate assets or have
a co-signer.
Hope this helps
Eduard
Last edited by Eduard on December 21st, 2008, 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Offering a very unique, personal matchmaking service. Tap into the pool of millions direct contact single Russian women outside of the usual agency circuit. Don't deal with scam any longer. Great results. Services offered: I help men create a pool of real, single, marriage minded Russian women with no agencies or middle man envolved. I help men to get to know these women, I travel to Russia and Ukraine with my clients. I also help with Interpreting, 3-way calls, K-1 help, consulting. My site: http://www.getrussianwife.com
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I found your site a long time ago and bookmarked it for possible future reference as I'm interested in checking out woman from that region of the world when I get the chance. I'm not convinced that having a long-term Asian GF or wife is really for me. Personally I'm not sure if having a wife is really for me at all as I find most woman seem to be mental cases with serious emotional problems once you really get to know them. I've seen female relatives all break down into various levels of depression or medical ailments that have turned them into shells of their former selves. Maybe it's just modern American woman who are weak and can't handle true difficulties in life, i don't know. But I feel like a sane person wandering around an insane world.

I'm kinda stuck in Philippines for another couple of years but I will be attempting to go to Eastern Europe of Russia after 2011 if my plans can fall into place by then. I technically can teach in any schools there, including the international schools if I wanted to, but I'm not sure if that's what I would want to do there. If I work in let's say the Moscow international school, they pay for housing in the diplomatic section of the city and pay western wages but most of my free time would be stuck in the school and having to run after school clubs, sports or chaperoning various events, also dealing with the admin and parents too. I don't know if i would want to deal with all those headaches as I would have no life really, only on Sundays and holidays perhaps.

The only reason I am considering a wife and having a proper family is that I already have a young child and I'm going to have to take care of her on my own when she turns 7 or thereabouts, which is the legal age the father can take custody of a child in the Philippines. So I'll need some female assistance in this I believe and I don't think a Filipina is an option as I find most of them stupid and ignorant and that includes the educated ones. My personality is rational (INTJ) and I need to find someone with a similar temperament as I tend to be serious and most of the girls here have carefree attitudes which I find annoying.

I will probably find a way to live in the country for a while, one way or another as I just can't pick a girl and get engaged in a short period of time. So I'll be trying to get to know various woman for sure and seeing how they truly are personality wise. I have learned my lesson the hard way living in the Philippines as the girls are ok and seem normal at first but the longer you date them, the more messed up their personalities and outlook on life appears to be. I want a partner in who I can trust and rely on so we can become more successful together. Not have to be the sole bread winner and thinker and a walking ATM, dispensing my hard earned money to relatives.

One question though: Who make better wives Russian or Ukrainian (surrounding countries) women? I find that its hard to get a straight answer as many guys are one sided on either end. I also prefer bustier woman and Eastern women seem to have those attributes over the general Russian population from what i have seen in pictures of various woman from both regions.

Anyways its still a few years off, so i have time to plan and see where life leads me.

Welcome to the board here!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Eduard
Freshman Poster

Post by Eduard »

Hi, and thank you for welcoming me :)
As far as the difference between Russian and Ukrainian women:
Genetically, there is no difference. You can pretty much find an identical twin in Russia to any woman in Ukraine.
The only differences are cultural, i.e. how they do their hair, pluck their eyebrows, how they dress, talk, think and act.
I realise that most Western men don't really see this difference between RW and UW but if you ask any Russian or Ukrainian
they will agree with my assessment.
You may compare this to differences between say, Scotts and English in the UK, or between France and Belgium.
Ukraina (Ukraine) in Russian means "the outskirts" in this case the outskirts of Russia. Historically the territory of Ukraine has been disputed for centuries and would belong to either Poland or Russia at different points in history. Hence Ukrainian language is the mixture of Polish and Russian languages.

As far as "where to look?" Russia VS Ukraine:
First I should mention that my mother is from Russia and my father is from Ukraine. I have relatives in both countries (former republicks of the same country - the USSR).
So there is no prejudice on my part one way or the other, just life experience.
If I were to look for a wife now I would mostly focus on Russia rather than Ukraine for several reasons.
Eduard
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi Eduard,

I think most of us recognize a scammer online. They always ask for money. But how do you spot a scammer in person? I mean how do you know if a Russian woman you meet really likes you or just wants your money or just wants to use you? ALL women SAY they are not gold diggers and scammers and will pretend to be innocent or deny it. So how can you know when you've found a real woman you can trust and really likes you?

Also, can you explain a little about your services and what you offer, vs. what a marriage agency offers, and the advantages of what you offer?

And have you created a testimonials page yet?

Do you help men find wives in Ukraine too? What about Eastern Russia? Russia is huge and contains many ethnicities. Are the women in Eastern Russia any different?

I was also told that most women in Russian cities are too spoiled now and that the nice girls are in the villages. Would you agree with that?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Eduard
Freshman Poster

Post by Eduard »

WWu777 wrote:Hi Eduard,

I think most of us recognize a scammer online. They always ask for money. But how do you spot a scammer in person? I mean how do you know if a Russian woman you meet really likes you or just wants your money or just wants to use you? ALL women SAY they are not gold diggers and scammers and will pretend to be innocent or deny it. So how can you know when you've found a real woman you can trust and really likes you?

Also, can you explain a little about your services and what you offer, vs. what a marriage agency offers, and the advantages of what you offer?

And have you created a testimonials page yet?

Do you help men find wives in Ukraine too? What about Eastern Russia? Russia is huge and contains many ethnicities. Are the women in Eastern Russia any different?

I was also told that most women in Russian cities are too spoiled now and that the nice girls are in the villages. Would you agree with that?
I wouldn't say that most men recognise scammers on line. many do fall in love with beautiful pictures and do send money. Also thousands of men sign up with agencies who are running scams. Obviously they never get married to a beautiful Russian woman but they loose a lot of money and wind up frustrated and discouraged.
Furthermore you will never get to meet a scammer, since they will dissapear once they got your money. And if you are smart enough not to send any, they will also dissapear and move onto their next potential victim.
I think that what you are asking me is not how to recognise a scammer but rather how to understand weather a woman is sincerally interested in you or is just looking to use you.
Well, how do you recognise that if you speak the same language? You communicate, talk, get to know each other and try to think with your bigger head, right? Sometimes it is difficult to figure out. Women are great at acting and conning men. This comes naturally to some of them. But if you had some life experience and pay attention to red flags, you can usually tell.
Now when you try to do the same (communicate) with a Russian woman things become a lot more difficult because of the language barrier and cultural differences.
IMO doing this without a translator who is fluent in both Russian and English (like your's truly) is like playing a proverbial "Russian roulette". You might get lucky and get a dream girl or you can wind up with a nightmare of your life. So eliminating that language and cultural barrier should be your first priority IMO. Once that is out of the way you just need to communicate and use your mental powers to figure a woman out. I'm usually there with my clients in a translator capacity and can also offer them my own perspective and thoughts on a woman.

As far as your question about the differences between a marriage agency and what I offer:
There is a huge difference!
First of all in my honest opinion the majority of these agencies are running scams - pay per email, flowers and gift delivery, etc. They actually recruit girls to put up their profile on an agency site and communicate with Western men, try to get them to send gifts and flowers. They offer the girls a 50/50 split of whatever a man spends on these "gifts"
A 50 y.o. guy can sign up with one of these agencies and get 20 messages from gorgeous girls in their early 20s telling him how they are interested in him the first day. They will continue to "be interested" for as long as he pays his fee per email. But in the real world it doesn't work that way. Pro-daters should be mentioned here as well. It's an industry designed to fleece Western men out of money. There are a few real sincere women on agency sites but they are far in between and if a woman is really nice looking she is being hit upon by thousands of Western men who don't know any other way to look for a Russian woman than through an agency. Furthermore only an extremely tiny minority of Russian women would even consider signing up with a "Russian Bride" type agency who will market them to foreigners. Most normal women will not look for a foreign husband and to leave their motherland. They are very attached to their family and friends, they love their language and culture and usually have a career. A normal woman from a good family will not decide one day that she's going to leave all that behind, find a foreign husband and move away. Does this make sense? So in my estimation there are only a few thousand real women who are specifically looking for a foreign husband on agency sites. Compared to MILLIONS of beautiful, single Russian women who are looking for a good man, a husband but not on any agency site.
Question: Would you rather be one of a thousand Western men hitting on one of a few "real" women on an agency site OR would you prefer to be the ONLY Western man contacting many beautiful women who are not spcifically looking for a foreigner (therefore you automatically elliminate scam and green Card seekers, women with ulterior motives) and who are also part of a few million of available women?
This is exactly what I do - I help men to tap into a huge pool of single Russian women who are outside of the usual "Agency" and "Romance tour" circuit and who are looking for a good man, a husband. They are not specifically looking for a foreign husband. In fact many of them would much rather meet a local man. But the ratio of available, single, marriage minded men is stacked against women in Russia/Ukraine therefore often, if a woman likes a man's letter, photos and profile information she will give him a chance and they will have an opportunity to get to know each other.
So I act as a headhunter in a way. I help my clients bypass scam, pro-daters, agencies and tap into the pool of women that are outside of the agency circuit and this whole "Russian Bride" industry scheme. I create a pool of real Russian women using a client's criteria, who are interested in talking and getting to know him . I also provide the highest quality translation so they can get to know each other's personality, values, sense of humor, goals, etc. I also help translate 3-way phone calls to girls in Russia and Ukraine. After several weeks of communicating with many girls usually we narrow it down to 3-4 women with whom my client feels the best connection with (sometimes even some romantic feelings can develop) That's the time we plan a trip to Russia or Ukraine. It is optional to have me travel alone, but I highly recommend choosing this option.
I help with booking air tickets, visa (if going to Russia), finding inexpensive accomodations and transportation. I also serve as translator, guide and advisor.
This is a very unique and PERSONAL service. I don't go with groups of men, it's always one on one and it works!
What makes me different also is the fact that I was born and raised in Russia, speak the language fluently and know the culture. I also am an American citizen who was married to an American girl for 15 years, got divorced, tryed dating locally got frustrated and disspointed with available American women, searched for, found, brought to the USA and married a Russian girl, whom I have a happy family with. All I'm saying is that I went through the entire process of finding and marrying a Russian woman which gives me a certain edge and expertise to help other men accomplish the same.
I hope you are not tired of reading all this, cause I sure as hell am tired of typing!!! :roll:
Let me know if you have other questions!
Ed
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Welcome aboard, Eduard!

I was just watching the new Russian "Dr. Zhivago" film dubbed in Hungarian on TV last night.

Anyway, I'd be interested to hear how you think Russian women compare to women from other Slavic countries like the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Poland.
Eduard
Freshman Poster

Post by Eduard »

Jackal wrote:Welcome aboard, Eduard!

I was just watching the new Russian "Dr. Zhivago" film dubbed in Hungarian on TV last night.

Anyway, I'd be interested to hear how you think Russian women compare to women from other Slavic countries like the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Poland.
Hey Jackal,
nice to be here!
I haven't met many Czech/Slovak, Slovenian and Polish women so can't honestly give you a good comparesent. The Czech and Slovak women that I met really impressed me with their beauty but they seemed a little colder then a typical Russian woman.
Eduard
Freshman Poster

addressing the rest of your questions, Winston

Post by Eduard »

"Do you help men find wives in Ukraine too? What about Eastern Russia? Russia is huge and contains many ethnicities. Are the women in Eastern Russia any different?

I was also told that most women in Russian cities are too spoiled now and that the nice girls are in the villages. Would you agree with that?"

Yes I go to Ukraine and all Russia - East, West, North and South :)

Yes people are different in different parts of Russia and Ukraine. These are huge territories with many different ethnic groups and diverse cultures.
In regard to a "village girl" VS "City girl" generally yes, I think girls from small towns or villages might make better wives. But I don't exclude big cities from my searches simply because the population of big cities like Moscow for example consists of a very large percentage of people who moved there from regions, villages and small towns for career opportunities. My wife for instance lived in Moscow for 4 years when I found her. But originally she is from a small town in Siberia. I probably wouldn't consider a girl who was born and raised in Moscow, and frankly she probably wouldn't consider me either ;-)
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Eduard, I took a look at your website. It's good to see a site of this kind which actually acknowledges the importance of language and culture in the match-making process.

However, I am left with one big question: What happens to these couples you help create once they are on their own and have no one to translate for them anymore? My guess would be that these relationships would likely fall apart if both people can't communicate with each other. Is it assumed that the woman will make a Herculean effort to learn English when she gets to the US? Or does the man ever learn Russian to try to meet her halfway?
Eduard
Freshman Poster

Post by Eduard »

Jackal wrote:Eduard, I took a look at your website. It's good to see a site of this kind which actually acknowledges the importance of language and culture in the match-making process.

However, I am left with one big question: What happens to these couples you help create once they are on their own and have no one to translate for them anymore? My guess would be that these relationships would likely fall apart if both people can't communicate with each other. Is it assumed that the woman will make a Herculean effort to learn English when she gets to the US? Or does the man ever learn Russian to try to meet her halfway?
Usually what happens is that when after meeting a few women that a man had gotten to know on line with my help he figures out which one is the one. When the happy couple makes a commitement to each other and both feel like they want to take this to the next level, there are plenty of English classes offered in Russia. It normally takes around 6 months for the K-1 (fiance visa) to go through, so that gives her plenty of time to get the basics. Once she is in the US and immerced in American culture, hears English all around her, has to try to communicate, she learns pretty fast. Local community colleges usually offer free English cources (ESL). Russian women are generally very smart and well educated and they learn very fast. My wife for instance could communicate in English after 6 months here and in a year she was pretty fluent. I haven't seen this being an issue.
Furthermore a man can attempt to learn some Russian. It's a much more difficult language than English and don't expect to be chatting in Russian any time soon. But a woman will appreciate you making an effort at least and you using a few Russian words here and there will make her feel a lot more comfortble with you.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi Eduard,
Excellent answers. The reasons you gave for choosing your highly personalized service makes a lot of sense. I wish I had you when I was traveling around Russia long ago!

Now I have one other question though. You mentioned on your site that you put the man's ads in Russian newspapers to find more genuine and sincere Russian women. But aren't those Russian women in Russian newspapers usually looking for other Russians though? And wouldn't that be an obstacle?

Also, do you only place men's ads in Moscow newspapers? In all the major cities? Or just wherever he requests?

I will announce your site and services to my email list within the next few days.

Thanks for your time in answering questions here.

Winston

Eduard
Freshman Poster

Post by Eduard »

WWu777 wrote:Hi Eduard,
Excellent answers. The reasons you gave for choosing your highly personalized service makes a lot of sense. I wish I had you when I was traveling around Russia long ago!

Now I have one other question though. You mentioned on your site that you put the man's ads in Russian newspapers to find more genuine and sincere Russian women. But aren't those Russian women in Russian newspapers usually looking for other Russians though? And wouldn't that be an obstacle?

Also, do you only place men's ads in Moscow newspapers? In all the major cities? Or just wherever he requests?

I will announce your site and services to my email list within the next few days.

Thanks for your time in answering questions here.

Winston
Hi Winston,
actually I didn't say that I advertise in the newspapers. What I do is place my client's ads that they provide me with on local Russian dating sites that are a 100% in Russian language. I translate an ad to Russian and put it up on a few local sites so that when I contact women on behalf of my clients they can click and check out his profile and photos.
They don't even know that it is really I who contacts them and since I contact them in Russian the first question they ask is "How do you know Russian so well?"
Once a girl responds I forward her info and pics to my client and at that point he takes over and communicates with her with me translating for them so the language barrier is non-existent. In his first letter he would respond to a girl's question about his knowledge of Russian with:" I actually don't speak Russian but I have a good buddy, Ed, who is originally from Russia and he agreed to help me with translation". That always takes care of that.
Yes these women are not specifically looking for foreigners which IMO makes them a lot more attractive, I think that normally only a very specific type of woman would make a concious decision to look for a foreign husband which means leaving her family, friends, career, language and culture behind. If a woman like that is for real and not a pro-dater or a scammer then you have to really be careful and watch out for an ulterior motive. There are very few sincere women on agency sites but the competition for their attention if fierce because typically this is the only way that Western men look for Russian women and if a woman is real and pretty she will be gettinga 100 messages from men a day.
99.9999% of single, available Russian women are not advertising on these agency sites, they have their ads on local Russian sites and I know exactly how to approach them.
Yes Winston, not all of them will even consider talking to a foreigner, but it's just the numbers game in the beginning. I will contact a bunch of them who fit my client's criteria and some do respond. There are vastly more women on the sites that I use compared to all agencies put together, so I create a very nice pool of women for my client to talk to in a matter of just a few days. Usually in 2 to 4 months depending on a few variables my clients feel a very strong connection with 3 or 4 women and at that point we go to Russia or Ukraine to meet with them in person. I would say that the vast majority of Russians are on line nowdays so the "newspaper way" is absolete. And the Russian dating sites are just like match.com (only free) where we can chat with women directly with no agencies or middle men.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

You sound like a decent guy, Eduard. Have you kept any statistics about the men who have used your service? What percentage of them actually end up getting married to a Russian woman? How many of them are still married after 3 years?

I think your website could use more pictures of Russian women and perhaps some pictures of typically Russian buildings and items to give people more of a warm feeling about Russian culture.