Gran Torino

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Gran Torino

Post by Master »

I saw this movie a couple of weeks back and was blown away by it. What did you guys think of this film? especially the cultural clash and differences. it was highly educational and fun to watch. how the f**k it hasnt been nominated for best film or actor i dont know. but its really up there. A true classic one.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I have not seen it yet but I want to. Clint Eastwood is one of my favorite actors.
Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Wat R U WAITing for.....

Post by Master »

you gotta see it. It is truly awesome. it is one of eastwoods best if not the best. The cultural difference is a big debate in a forum like this. JB let me know when you check it out.

What eastwood films do you recommend? im not sure i like him as an actor because of hes personal life but as an actor in film he is really good.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Most of Eastwoods spaghetti westerns are pretty good and his Dirty Harry movies are not bad. I would say he hit his peak in the seventies. Just look him up on Wikipedia and google his movies from the 60's on up. The Good, Bad and Ugly is one of his better movies. The Outlaw Josey Wales is another. A fistful of Dollars is good too. I can't remember other names.

I have seen that Slumdog Millionaire movie all the liberals keep raving about. Its ok but over hyped. Typical lovey dovey feel good ending that is a bunch of bull shit that could never happen, only in the movies!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I just finished watching it after downloading the bittorrent off of demonoid. Considering I am really picky about modern movies nowadays I would have to agree this is a really awesome movie. I didn't know Clint still had it in him! I've seen most of his movies and this one probably rates in the top 5, and that's saying a lot; I am impressed and it takes a lot to impress me when it comes to movies as most of them tend to be shit nowadays.

The movie won't get it props because its not a movie about fags or ghetto spook gang bangers as that is what the liberals crave. They don't like white or Asians cause they beat the typical stereotype of becoming successful on their own without whining about how oppressed they are or asking for government hand outs.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here are some awesome viewer comments about Gran Torino. It makes me want to see it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1205489/usercomments

I hope they show it in the Philippines.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Just download it off of one of the bittorrent sites. Where you're at in Taiwan the internet speed should be really fast. It should download rather quickly. It took me only a few hours from Philippines.