Why we should stop really giving a f**k about women

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Billy wrote:i am with yakuza on this. man, that shit sounds nice. this is my man. so i think there is no more reason to make the big war on the white man. just keep to yourself and your happiness.

contrarian is right, love is not necessary. this reminds me of alcoholics who can´t understand how others can´t survive without alcohol. - i am about 40 and i don´t need love and still alife and more happy than the standard married guys. though i have nothing against suicide my life doesn´t suck without woman and love.

anyway we are only puppets of our genes so there is no reason to call girls whores and stuff. they only follow their program like men follow theirs. things will get adjusted automatically. like xsplan once wrote: the job of a woman is to get you at your balls. so winning the game is almost impossible.

acb, i don´t think we need heirs and i don´t think intelligence is a big thing. they are just illusions like everything else. but when it´s your calling so it´s ok.

anyway yakuza, keep up the good work. everything which depends on others is bad. everything which depends on us is good. -

good thread, this is good stuff for cooler mgtow guys.
You think it's manly and tough to push love away from your life? Well, it might be for a while, and indeed a loveless soul will appear stronger due to the wall of cynicism he built around himself. Mind you, though..soon enough that same wall will start looking like a prison.

It's a dangerous game, arkadasim, believe me.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Re: @Lone Yakuza, ABCDavid01

Post by abcdavid01 »

publicduende wrote:OK. You could say that broadband p**n and the occasional high-class hooker are a perfect surrogate to release sexual urges. At least for men, marriage has long lost its status as a marker of social conformity. True, we don't need women to be happy males. After all, a man can live all his life without ever drinking a drop of milk.

Yet, try and live more than a few days without drinking any water and (if you survive) come tell me how it was. Love is the water, the essential nutrient of our soul.

If not the love of a woman, what love will it be Lone Yakuza? Where are you getting your love from, ABCDavid01? Didn't you learn to yearn love from your mom and dad, or close family? Weren't your moms, however busy and career-minded, loving women who did not spare a few caresses and cuddles when you were young? Are you so desensitized to human relations that you forgot your natural, biological need to rediscover that maternal embrace, that physical contact in another human being, be it your girlfriend or the homeless old woman in that street corner?

We feed on love, acts of genuine human contact and proximity. We need to trust and be trusted, even if that circle of trust collapses to a single person. Feel free to look for that love and trust elsewhere than an American woman, or any woman for that matter. But, for the love of, don't even think of starving yourself of human contact. Grab every smile you can find in a homeless shelter, they're usually from people who value who they are with much more than what they possess. Do some voluntary work with deprived children, suck the tenderness and the wisdom off those derelict elderly - their families might have forsaken them, but they won't have forgotten how to give love. Get yourself a dog: they've been programmed to love and trust their owners and sometimes I can only wish we could learn from their innate behaviour.

Whatever your IQ or political or cultural beliefs, and however articulate you can be in justifying your state of self-inflicted withdrawal, I believe there is no rational argument you can possibly shield yourselves behind to prove that you can live without love. It's against human nature as much as it is for us to breathe nitrogen instead of oxygen.

You know I appreciate your intelligence, your pride and your discipline. I hold you both in great esteem. Yet, without one or more human subjects that you will elect as the source and target of your loving feelings, even the greatest of your achievements will appear shallow and useless.

As somebody once said, you can live without knowing why, but you can't live without knowing for whom.
Well...actually no. The first memory I have of my mother was her hugging me, but that was because I flinched in anticipation of her spanking me. The other first memory I have of her is crying at her parents house because I want a grandfather and grandmother instead of some Chinese folks I can barely relate to. I have more respect for my grandfather now that he's dead. These are clips I can remember for a few seconds. My absolute first memories are still images: being dwarfed by a giant bookshelf, a funeral for a pet bird, and moving from an old house. Pretty ominous. I have very poor memories of my childhood, which is really saying something considering how young I am. I'd rather not remember anyway because it's like I was sleepwalking the whole time. I was just empty inside.

The only real family I have is my father. I consider myself his heir. He has the same relationship with his mother that I do with his wife. My grandmother lives in Israel, so I almost never see her, though she's been nice to me when I have. My other grandfather died before I was born. I don't fit in very well with my aunt, uncles, cousins on either side. My dad even says he doesn't fit in with his brothers.

I do have a cat I love. I just wish she would shut up and stop whining as I type this because by God is it annoying.

I've been in love before. I know what it means, biologically. I've also been in relationships. At least medium length ones. I've also become very anti-materialist. I know the value of human relationships.

Really you can just read what I said as an answer to Yakuza. I am very much a romantic, to the point of mild embarrassment. I don't think I suffer from self-imposed withdrawal. I think external circumstances pressure me into withdrawal.

Here's a song "The Only Place" by Best Coast. It describes California in terms I think are quite accurate having been there for a week earlier this month.

We were born with sun in our teeth and in our hair
When we get bored we like to sit around, sit around and stare
At the mountains, at the birds, at the ocean, at the trees
We have fun, we have fun, we have fun when we please

We wake up with the sun in our eyes
It's no surprise that we get so much done
But we always, yes we always, we always have fun
Yes we always, yes we always, we always have fun

Why would you live anywhere else?
We've got the ocean, got the babes
Got the sun, we've got the waves
This is the only place for me

So leave your cold behind
We're gonna make it to the beach on time
Yeah leave the cold behind
We're gonna make it to the beach on time

We've got the ocean, got the babes
Got the sun, we've got the waves
This is the only place
This is the only place
This is the only place
This is the only place for me
That's how I feel about California, in the same country, so I really believe this Happier Abroad stuff. Unfortunately I live on the opposite coast (Worst Coast) and think everything is awful.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

publicduende wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Nonsense, people live all the time without love. Priests, disabled people, poor and alone people. First of all, Lone Yakuza is not against love per se, he is against the basing of one's life on pursuing that which is elusive and damaging yourself in the process. Those who do sufficiently connect with a woman turn out to be the biggest losers in the end!
How immature, to equate "love" to "sex". I thought that was obvious from my post above, but perhaps the cultural rift between you (a North American, I presume) and me (an Italian) is deeper than I was prepared to accept.

Besides silly jokes, priests do not entertain sex but can have a life full of joy and love: the love of their own family, their community, and not least will feel the love of God inside themselves and everything around them. If anything, to give love, more tham receive, is why they embraced their vocation in the first place.

By the same token, disabled people may also give and receive love beyond their physical ability to give and receive sexual pleasure.
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:But your opinion is one that has obviously drunk the proverbial kool-aid from top to bottom. Yours is the opinion that tells men that they NEED women, leading them to eventual ruin in the process.

No. We don't NEED women, and we don't NEED love. Under the right circumstances, it can be nice when it occurs, but life is not about pursuing love like Hollywood and western women want you to believe. Life is about personal fulfillment, attainment of knowledge, and personal achievement however you can get it.
Loving somebody, even an animal, is the best way to attain the utmost knowledge, that of human nature and, by reflection, the knowledge of the Self. That's the big teaching from Goethe's Faust: what sense has a man who attains knowledge and loses his soul in the process?

When are you guys stopping with your America-centric mindset? There are people all over Europe and the rest of the world who grew up in loving families and want to give that love back, indeed they consider that two-way process essential to their lives!
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Stop telling men that that which is not necessary, is necessary. I know you are coming from a good place, but it is destructive. Stop it.
I may be coming from a good place, but the place won't shape the person forever. Even if you have come out of a loveless family or community, there's always plenty of chance to realise that having love in one's life is not just necessary, it's natural.
If I were discussing sex, I would have mentioned the word "SEX." You are attempting to redefine my points to try to rebut them. I would suggest rereading my response to you so you can have an understanding that the other men have of what I am saying.

Also, you are coming off as a "hopeless romantic" with your ridiculous notions of "love heals all," and "all you need is love," etc. That is magical thinking that women (and not the intelligent ones) tend to believe.

Question: If your love-centric lifestyle is working so well for you, why are you even on this forum? You claim to be spiritual. If you are, why don't you research how Buddhism teaches people NOT to pursue love (or anything else) as that causes suffering. The point of this thread is essentially the same thesis.

Let me guess; some woman in your life planted this "love at all costs" seed in you, correct? I cannot envision a man being the source of such discredited malarkey.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Men invented marriage in order to stop hypergamy. It is the bedrock of civilization. The first kings were fathers. Marriage might not be as feasible in America, but as a civilized man it is well worth pursuing.

Hell is other people - Sartre, No Exit
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Dave, I'm getting a bit concerned about your interest in this *heir apparent*.

It's almost like you're mapping your existence into a type of vehicle so that the soul of an Alexander Hamilton or Buckminster Fuller reincarnates into the body of your offspring. Granted, this supposedly happens with high Tibetan Rinpoches :wink: but I'm not sure it's as well crafted, as you might imagine it to be.

Perhaps you need a goal more suited to yourself? Your kids may ultimately rebel and form their own ideas about what they want out of their lives. They may not be the earth shaker or corporate Mugal, you desire out of your own life.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

I dunno. I follow my father pretty well. I like to think I advance his belief systems. If they rebel it's because I failed to earn their respect.

Although I do have in mind to write memoirs or maybe some kind of extended political manifesto in the vein of Hayek's The Fatal Conceit once I'm wise and educated enough.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

abcdavid01 wrote:I dunno. I follow my father pretty well. I like to think I advance his belief systems. If they rebel it's because I failed to earn their respect.
For some persons, let's call 'em forward thinkers, tend to rub their kids in a way, where if the kid is not let's say a Ben Franklin persona, the kid may see the parent as either out-of-touch or a dreamer. Realize, most people want to belong to society, not to make great breakthroughs in the world. I'm currently dealing with this type of situation with some of my own friend's children.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Well yeah, if they think their parents are out of touch or dreaming then the parents haven't earned their respect. Actually I do think my father is out of touch, especially with Western women like we're complaining about, but I'm able to follow his thought trains down even further paths. Plus if I did fit in more I think I'd just be more efficient. I wouldn't have environmental burdens and depressors weighing me down.

"We wake up with the sun in our eyes/It's no surprise that we get so much done"

Yakuza, I will say it is worth falling in love at least once. I was lucky enough to have been in love for a month when I was fourteen. It's an unimaginably profound experience. People always say in movies "I think I'm in love" but they are always wrong. When you fall in love it is so strong there is no mistaking it. Literally nothing else matters besides the object of your affection. It is literally all you can think about and you are willing to die for it. I feel bad for all the men who grow up and are much older than I am and have not experienced falling in love. It is like they are missing a huge piece of life's puzzle. Although, you cannot force or even expect love. It just happens.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

public arkadas, i am in the same boat as yakuza my childness was also far from perfect which is not necessarily a bad thing as it makes it easier to take the read pill.

there are millions of people who get hurt and killed in behalf of love. i have nothing against love when you have the capacity to manage it which only very few have. so talking about love when poeple kill each other like beast is also cynisicm.

anyway contrarian and yakuza did write more than enough to clarify the topic.

normally i am in the minority with my thoughts but here are some where i can agree.

yakuza, how is it going with the dark side?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

abcdavid01 wrote: I will say it is worth falling in love at least once. I was lucky enough to have been in love for a month when I was fourteen. It's an unimaginably profound experience. People always say in movies "I think I'm in love" but they are always wrong. When you fall in love it is so strong there is no mistaking it. Literally nothing else matters besides the object of your affection. It is literally all you can think about and you are willing to die for it. I feel bad for all the men who grow up and are much older than I am and have not experienced falling in love. It is like they are missing a huge piece of life's puzzle. Although, you cannot force or even expect love. It just happens.
After reading that, I can now forthrightly say that your youth and lack of extensive worldly experience is quite evident. This is that account of "love" that I would expect to read from a woman.

If you were "in love" for a month, than it was not love at all. It was infatuation which young people confuse with love all the time.

Also, the fact that you mentioned you'd be willing to die for this makes it all the more troubling. No woman other than your mother, wife or daughter is willing to die for.

As much as it pains me to break it to you, what you term "love" is nothing but biochemical releases in the brain when we encounter someone who matches our notion of a suitable mate. This is nature's way to compel us to procreate.

There is nothing magical or spiritual or beautiful about it; it is biological design and hormones creating these feelings of wonder that you seemingly have yet to comprehend.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote: I will say it is worth falling in love at least once. I was lucky enough to have been in love for a month when I was fourteen. It's an unimaginably profound experience. People always say in movies "I think I'm in love" but they are always wrong. When you fall in love it is so strong there is no mistaking it. Literally nothing else matters besides the object of your affection. It is literally all you can think about and you are willing to die for it. I feel bad for all the men who grow up and are much older than I am and have not experienced falling in love. It is like they are missing a huge piece of life's puzzle. Although, you cannot force or even expect love. It just happens.
After reading that, I can now forthrightly say that your youth and lack of extensive worldly experience is quite evident. This is that account of "love" that I would expect to read from a woman.

If you were "in love" for a month, than it was not love at all. It was infatuation which young people confuse with love all the time.

Also, the fact that you mentioned you'd be willing to die for this makes it all the more troubling. No woman other than your mother, wife or daughter is willing to die for.

As much as it pains me to break it to you, what you term "love" is nothing but biochemical releases in the brain when we encounter someone who matches our notion of a suitable mate. This is nature's way to compel us to procreate.

There is nothing magical or spiritual or beautiful about it; it is biological design and hormones creating these feelings of wonder that you seemingly have yet to comprehend.
I know. It is biochemical. Love needs a precise definition. I define it by that biochemical process. There is nothing fanciful at all about my definition. However, that process is truly incredible and unrelatable to anything else I know. Maybe cocaine or something is similar, but I haven't tried it.

Nor do I think love is very good for stable families. Do you expect a junkie to make rational decisions? I believe in order and heirarchy. Maybe even Confucianism if you want to go so far.
Last edited by abcdavid01 on January 25th, 2013, 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

abcdavid01 wrote:Well yeah, if they think their parents are out of touch or dreaming then the parents haven't earned their respect. Actually I do think my father is out of touch, especially with Western women like we're complaining about, but I'm able to follow his thought trains down even further paths. Plus if I did fit in more I think I'd just be more efficient. I wouldn't have environmental burdens and depressors weighing me down.
I think it's also possible for kids to respect, since in some ways respect has a double-edged sword, admiration (agape) vs fear [ which also includes abandonment for some ], and see their parents as eccentric, or different from them. My hope is that you don't see your future children as a facsimile of yourself or shall we say, the prefecture of your highest goals/aspirations in life.

AB discussion thread

abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

S_Parc wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:Well yeah, if they think their parents are out of touch or dreaming then the parents haven't earned their respect. Actually I do think my father is out of touch, especially with Western women like we're complaining about, but I'm able to follow his thought trains down even further paths. Plus if I did fit in more I think I'd just be more efficient. I wouldn't have environmental burdens and depressors weighing me down.
I think it's also possible for kids to respect, since in some ways respect has a double-edged sword, admiration (agape) vs fear [ which also includes abandonment for some ], and see their parents as eccentric, or different from them. My hope is that you don't see your future children as a facsimile of yourself or shall we say, the prefecture of your highest goals/aspirations in life.
I don't know. I see myself as a prefecture of my father's highest ideals, though I suspect that to come in line with those ideals I will have to betray him, at least on the surface, because he hasn't followed his own trains of thought as far as I have.

For example, my father is a libertarian. He was in the navy during the eighties fighting the Soviets. He married a Chinese woman, but he still has animosity for Communist China. He may be a libertarian, but he is not as well read in theory as I am and not as consistent. I'm beginning to see China as a closer libertarian ideal than America. Obviously the Party can't change its name, but it is clearly not Communist anymore. But this is another discussion.