Argentinan soccer star hates England and the Anglo lifestyle

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
rome86
Freshman Poster

Argentinan soccer star hates England and the Anglo lifestyle

Post by rome86 »

carlos tevez is one of the best strikers in the world has never really settled down in england after spending more than 4 years..he says the lifestyle there is weird and boring...... well guys the anglo countries are good for making money ..nothing else everything else there sucks..including their women. he has spoken just like "when I live manchester i won't come back even for holiday"

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/engla ... nt-even-go
hello
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

Lol he's putting his team in a difficult position, in that he's good but he hates england itself. He'd rather go to a top club in Italy or Spain which i believe is miles better than Manchester
rome86
Freshman Poster

Post by rome86 »

man he hates the lifestyle there.. that is why he prefers a more latin environment which is more spicy and fun ... not boring,distant old england
hello
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

Spain is more rich in culture than that dreadful place called England
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: argentinan soccer star hates england - the anglo lifesty

Post by ladislav »

well guys the anglo countries are good for making money ..
and now, with the recession, they may not be good even for that..
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
DaRick
Freshman Poster

Post by DaRick »

well-informed wrote:Lol he's putting his team in a difficult position, in that he's good but he hates england itself. He'd rather go to a top club in Italy or Spain which i believe is miles better than Manchester
The lifestyle in Italy and Spain would probably suit Tevez more and I do think he would be welcome at a club like Inter Milan. Man City is an up-and-coming club and Tevez has been excellent whilst playing for them, but Manchester itself is a post-industrial slum, not amenable to Latin Americans. The Brazilian Robinho also hated the place.

Tevez is like a clueless American in some respects, though. His English is still not very good (after 4 years) and he alienates the Man City fans by removing Man City scarves and waving the Argentine flag around during presentation ceremonies. This is roughly like an American waving his flag around in some non-Anglophone place. Given his refusal to 'do as the Romans do', his difficulties in England become less surprising.
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

wouldnt doubt it, england is a rainy, cold, dark, f***ing depressing place to be..... one of the reasons why brits are such a bunch of alcoholics!!!

I would much rather live in sunny beach oriented place like barcelona, a city with massive nightlife, tons of arts and laid back people than in post industrial manchester full of fat drunk anglos whose idea of fun is getting wasted at the local pub.

Comparing Manchester and Barcelona is like comparing San Diego with Cleveland Ohio
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

Manchester of all places? It's common knowledge that that is the anus end, or should I say one of the many anuses of this country.
Comparing Manchester and Barcelona is like comparing San Diego with Cleveland Ohio
Comparing the north of england with Spain is like comparing the entire rust belt with California.

Unless you're a borderline alcoholic pisshead, particularly in the north of the country, you'll find it hard to fit-in. Everything revolves around heavy drinking.

There are a few Columbian and Spanish people over here for english who I've met have also complained about the lifestyle and coldness of people.
I would much rather live in sunny beach oriented place like barcelona, a city with massive nightlife, tons of arts and laid back people than in post industrial manchester full of fat drunk anglos whose idea of fun is getting wasted at the local pub.
This sounds uncannily similar to such complaints and I couldn't agree more to 'fat, drunk anglos getting wasted', Sounds like the working class culture. Trouble is this whole country is over-run by chavviness, unless you're in central London or near a good university, or in a city with foreign language schools.

I very much prefer the relaxed, laidback cafe culture in southern Spain. Lots of people out and about, families too, till after midnight. Totally different, much more pleasant, vibrant social vibe; doesn't feel intimidating, threatening and dingy, doesn't have that dark energy/ora (if you get my drift) you associate with the working-class pub-culture in the UK.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Argentinan soccer star hates England and the Anglo lifes

Post by Jester »

rome86 wrote:carlos tevez is one of the best strikers in the world has never really settled down in england after spending more than 4 years..he says the lifestyle there is weird and boring...... well guys the anglo countries are good for making money ..nothing else everything else there sucks..including their women. he has spoken just like "when I live manchester i won't come back even for holiday"

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/engla ... nt-even-go
Hilarious!