Male Female Ratio Objective Data Post

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
EvilBaga
Freshman Poster

Male Female Ratio Objective Data Post

Post by EvilBaga »

Ive often heard it bandied about that the Ratio of men to women in the States is against men, and in foreign countries is for men. Sometimes its states as simply
1) the ratio of men to women, sometimes more specifically as the
2) ratio of men to women in the right age group and sometimes even more specifically as the
3) ratio of men to women in the right age group *AND* eligibility factored in.

By Eligibility, I mean (for example) if a large percentage of the younger male population engages in too much drinking or drugs they are not counted in the ratio because they are not considered mate or short term partner material.

What I have NOT seen, however, is any objective proof or articles or sources to back up these assertions. This posting is for that purpose.

If you have any data concerning the above, post here. Commentary and personal observations allowed - but Data is more important!
Last edited by EvilBaga on March 17th, 2009, 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

EvilBaga
Freshman Poster

Post by EvilBaga »

Heres one for the United States meeting Criteria 2)
http://www.halfsigma.com/2008/04/unmarried-malef.html (looking at non-Hispanic whites, age 25-40, who are unmarried.)
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

EvilBaga wrote:Heres one for the United States meeting Criteria 2)
http://www.halfsigma.com/2008/04/unmarried-malef.html (looking at non-Hispanic whites, age 25-40, who are unmarried.)

This chart was really informative! It's incredible, it shows that in the US, SINGLE MEN OUTNUMBER SINGLE WOMEN IN EVERY STATE FROM AGES 25 TO 40! Holy dog crap! No wonder why men have such a hard time meeting women in the US, the odds are stacked in the womans favor!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

jamesbond wrote:
EvilBaga wrote:Heres one for the United States meeting Criteria 2)
This chart was really informative! It's incredible, it shows that in the US, SINGLE MEN OUTNUMBER SINGLE WOMEN IN EVERY STATE FROM AGES 25 TO 40! Holy dog crap! No wonder why men have such a hard time meeting women in the US, the odds are stacked in the womans favor!
Sounds like Qatar or Iran. Seldom mentioned in the media, though. They say you need to polish social skills, buy new shoes, etc. I went to Russia in 1992 and had a date in one day. More girls than guys there. I was not even talking, I just appeared and the girls were there all over me. Sheeeeeeeeeeeet! Something is wrong and it is not ME!

Here is an interesting thread on m/f ratio in Ukraine-

http://forum.fiance.com/forum2.asp?Main ... picid=1717

Now we are getting to the bottom of the whole thing
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
EvilBaga
Freshman Poster

Post by EvilBaga »

Qatar, U.A.E etc would be hard to quantify because millions of labourers go there to work - so males outnumber females by a large margin. One would have to look only within the indigenous ethnic group (believe me, I use the term lightly) to make better comparisons.

And besides, they are very very uptight people. And the outright racism and different ethnic groups between which zero mixing occurs complicates things even more.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

EvilBaga wrote:Qatar, U.A.E etc would be hard to quantify because millions of labourers go there to work - so males outnumber females by a large margin. One would have to look only within the indigenous ethnic group (believe me, I use the term lightly) to make better comparisons.

And besides, they are very very uptight people. And the outright racism and different ethnic groups between which zero mixing occurs complicates things even more.
Well, of course, you know, I meant it tongue in cheek. I just find that being in Qatar is about as bad as being in the USA in some ways.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
EvilBaga
Freshman Poster

Post by EvilBaga »

Well, of course, you know, I meant it tongue in cheek. I just find that being in Qatar is about as bad as being in the USA in some ways.
:P
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

I'd like to see the original source of that data on the US. i am cautious of that information.

Yeah there seems to be ratio imbalance in the Ukraine, but the data is from the 16-65 age group.
The alcoholism there probably kills off a lot of guys--later in life but not at 20-35. So the imbalance is not
concentrated in the younger years--where it is probably 50/50 male/female. That's what I would bet.

But there is a wonderful imbalance for over 40 females--if you want one.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Whether or not there are more single men than women in the US, it does SEEM that there are more available men because there are more men who SAY they are single, whereas most single women in the US do not let anyone know that they are single because they don't like to be hit on or pursued, so they often just tell people that they are not single, or are single and not looking. In other words, a single woman who doesn't want to be pursued will not tell anyone she is single, whereas a single guy has nothing to lose in admitting that he is single.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Check out this website that goes into detail on the male-female ratios in America. Maybe the numbers aren't so bad for men after all! :D

http://nationalatlas.gov/articles/people/a_gender.html

Also, check this out! It's very informative and goes into a lot of detail on percentage of singles in any city in the US and can break it down by ethnic group and age group.

) Go to http://www.census.gov/
2) Type in the city and state that interest you (on the right, called "Population Finder"). Click on the correct city.
3) Go to the left side of the screen and click on the "People" section (under the heading "Population Finder")
4) Scroll down to "Relationships".
That will then take you to a US Census Community Survey report (for 2006) called "Marital Status".
5) Click on the Marital Status report.
I find that this report is the best for determining singlemale/female ratios. It has all of the major breakdowns (single, married, divorced, ethnicity, etc.)

One note - The survey is updated for 2006 for most large and medium sized cities. However, smaller cities are not covered. In that case, look up the county.

For example, here is a detailed look at the city where I live, Chicago. It shows the breakdown of the % of people who are married, single, never married, divorced, widowed and also breaks it down by age group and gender and race. It's very detail orientated and very informative. You can type in any city you want to.

http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/ST ... 07_3YR_G00_
EvilBaga
Freshman Poster

Post by EvilBaga »

http://www.aei.org/publications/filter. ... detail.asp

The pdf slide in particular has a lot of data for different countries...especially of Sex Ratio at Birth over the decades.
EvilBaga
Freshman Poster

Post by EvilBaga »

Heres the Russian Data, real and projected.

There's another slide for mortality by age group for that country - and the 20-24 male mortality is through the roof. But I dont see any imbalance anywhere.
EvilBaga
Freshman Poster

Post by EvilBaga »

So many juicy slides there...

My theory is, extramarital births is women being hypergamous. Ergo, only the most attractive men have a good life. Italy looks interesting. Sweden, the welfare state mecca of the world - looks like a classic case of female instinct gone wild.

P.S For the next few decades - worst place to be male - uncontested - is China.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here is information breaking it down by age group for single men and single women ratios. This is a list for non-married whites in the US. Again, single men outnumber single women IN ALL AGE GROUPS. No wonder why it's so hard for men to meet women in America, THERE IS A REAL SHORTAGE OF SINGLE WOMEN IN THE USA!

You can check out more info on these male to female ratios here: http://www.halfsigma.com/malefemale_ratio/ On this site, scroll down the page to see all the figures for ratios, by city, state and age group.

ages 18-20, 52.1% unmarried men 4,048,871, 47.9% unmarried women 3,719,306

ages 21-24, 54.1% unmarried men 4,412,950, 45.9% unmarried women 3,747,934

ages 25-28, 55.4% unmarried men 3,073,705, 44.6% unmarried women 2,472,222

ages 29-32, 56.1% unmarried men 2,014,546, 43.9% unmarried women 1,574,294

ages 33-36, 55.0% unmarried men 1,836,492, 45.0% unmarried women 1,504,618

ages 37-40, 53.7% unmarried men 1,789,844, 46.3% unmarried women 1,544,026
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

We must remember as well that while you might thing some Women don't want to admit they are single on some public survey, they mark many things from job apps to car loan apps that they are single. Single is a loaded term, it could mean you're with somebody but unmarried. It could mean you're alone and haven''t had a date in four years.

That's why some of the questions they are asking have been changing. Some list "unmarried" as an option because they know many people shack up together and even have children without tying the knot.

For years we have been told by the media that Women out number Men. Why is that so hard to believe for so many of you? Its true, as as Women now outnumber men going to college and into law school as well.

The other side of the debate is true in FSU, in the eligible age range for marriage and raising children, the women out number men like 10-4 or 10-6. Younger men often engage in dangerous activities or dangerous occupations (think Afghan War). Not to mention drinking and drug problems (think Afghan Poppy Seed Fields).

This does not men you can however throw caution to the four winds and forget to vet the woman. I think that's what we need to stress here more than anything. Yes there are more women available in FSU, but you don't want to be the one guy that in a field of perfectly good apple trees that you picked a rotten apple...