Anyone else feel like just saying f**k the world?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
clowny
Freshman Poster

Post by clowny »

sirius wrote:With all due respect, I think you are being the one who is short-sighted. You are only focusing on the negatives, without even imaging the positive possibilities that this technology will bring.

You did not raise any real problem points in your post, which was why I simply said "What is the problem?"

I thought the guys on this forum were open-minded and intelligent, but it seems that the majority of you fall into the "social conservative" category. You guys really don't want change, you want things to go back to how they were in the "old days", mistakening thinking that will fix everything.

Either way, you cannot oppose technological advancement. You guys can either get on board, or be left behind. Your choice.
I raised numerous problems in my post. Did you completely miss the part where I said virtual reality technology could be an even more effective means of mind control and social programming by the elites?

Let me ask you something. How did western society get to this low point? How were these problems created? The answer is social programming/brainwashing. And how is this achieved? THROUGH YOUR f***ing TELEVISION SET. And the music industry. It's even happening in video games now. In a virtual reality setting, your subconscious mind would be far more susceptible to social programming and mind control. There is no doubt that the elites would try to take advantage of this, and people like yourself would be most at risk.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Well, one thing's for certain, we're hurling into the future, like it or not.

If ppl think that 2010 will be like 2040, believe me, they're in for a big surprise. A lot of what we think of gainful employment, will be done by automatrons, either software or software/robotics.

With that stated, I don't see how the robotics or virtual reality future for b*inking won't happen, given everything which is going on around us today. If you go to a restaurant, how many tablets or smart phones do you see, relative to only 10 years ago? Next, what percent of ppl today, aren't hooked into the digital interface [ Facebook, Linked-In, Second Life, World of Warcraft, etc ] vs simply having ordinary interactions with others?

Personally, I believe Sirius is prepared for the times ahead. Sure, in the interim, call it the transition era, I've got my b*inking venues up in Montreal [or where have you], but someday, I'll grow weary of travel and want to attend to my gardens and such. When that occurs, isn't it easier to b*ink a 'bot at home than in making a trip to Amsterdam, Thailand, or Rio?
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Before making pessimistic conclusions about life you should try living because the majority only exist but do not live. Somewhere along the line their true nature has been beaten out of them. Many haven't felt joy or freedom since childhood and are afraid of it like a domesticated animal fears leaving the farm. Most people have the life they deserve because at the end of the day we make our own decisions. Blame external forces like the government all you want, that's just a sign of immaturity. viewtopic.php?t=16934 If you're ready to kill yourself, then why not realize you have nothing to lose, shed your inhibitions and be liberated of fear since you don't care about dying. Then hit the road, if you have the money for a ticket get on a plane to some third world country with no plan, or just start backpacking locally until you drop dead. You'll likely find the answers you're looking for instead.

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

odbo wrote: Then hit the road, if you have the money for a ticket get on a plane to some third world country with no plan, or just start backpacking locally until you drop dead. You'll likely find the answers you're looking for instead.
That's excellent advice. Travelling in Asia is the best therapy in the world. I'm never more relaxed than when I'm hanging out at the airport just before a flight, all my worries seem to melt away. If travelling doesn't help relax you I can hook you up with my 21 yr old Filipina neighbor with C cups.
sirius
Freshman Poster

Post by sirius »

clowny wrote:
sirius wrote:With all due respect, I think you are being the one who is short-sighted. You are only focusing on the negatives, without even imaging the positive possibilities that this technology will bring.

You did not raise any real problem points in your post, which was why I simply said "What is the problem?"

I thought the guys on this forum were open-minded and intelligent, but it seems that the majority of you fall into the "social conservative" category. You guys really don't want change, you want things to go back to how they were in the "old days", mistakening thinking that will fix everything.

Either way, you cannot oppose technological advancement. You guys can either get on board, or be left behind. Your choice.
I raised numerous problems in my post. Did you completely miss the part where I said virtual reality technology could be an even more effective means of mind control and social programming by the elites?

Let me ask you something. How did western society get to this low point? How were these problems created? The answer is social programming/brainwashing. And how is this achieved? THROUGH YOUR f***ing TELEVISION SET. And the music industry. It's even happening in video games now. In a virtual reality setting, your subconscious mind would be far more susceptible to social programming and mind control. There is no doubt that the elites would try to take advantage of this, and people like yourself would be most at risk.
Clowny, you are arguing with ghosts in the dark. The boogeyman.

Couldn't anything be used for mind control by your logic? Why don't we ban TV, why don't we ban the internet, why don't we ban all forms of modern technology, since it could technically be used for "mind control"?

Lastly, I doubt you have even heard of MK-ULTRA or later known as Monarch mind control. The government already has extremely sophisticated methods of creating a mind control slave. You've probably never heard of Fritz Springmeier either.

Anyway let's just give up modern technology and go back to living in caves, since guys like you are so paranoid about everything. Everything's the boogeyman to you.