So are most people on this forum kind of two faced

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

So are most people on this forum kind of two faced

Post by Mr.Darcy »

Since you cant be yourself to the general public, do yall just put up a facade. How do I cope with doing this since most of my friends live in denial?
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

My beliefs are not acceptable by American and Western standards. Many people in America and the Western World would label me many terms. I believe that in order to survive while in the Western World a person must be "two faced" and hide their beliefs.

This article would make a good read relating to your question.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/07/ ... velli.html
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

Well how do I get used to putting up a front. Im literally depressed right now because I contemplate in doing this. I dont want to live in a society like this.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

Yet, I do not feel like Im the only one. I strongly think suicide rates are going to be high for my generation due to how toxix our society is. I can just smell it out of people sometimes.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Well, just look at my Avatar ... the mad scientist, over-the-top eccentric. In no way, do I show that to the general public since it could cost me jobs, business contacts, ostracism, etc.

In other words, I put on a basically *normal act* in public and channel a lot of excess energies into Martial Arts, Qigong, Sports, writing short stories, etc.

Thus, the inner Doc Brown in business attire is my outward projection ...

So while I'm not always into dressing formally (I tend to drop the jacket/tie whenever I can), & I'm a lot less "stiff" than the model above, the idea that I can fit into that existence is pretty automatic to anyone who meets me for the first time.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Every man in society has a facade. It's almost something you have to do. Even the manginas lie and say they are successful with women.

The problem here is that if you claim to be happy with women to a mangina, he will do things to challenge you, in his disbelief, or he'll backstab you the same way a woman would. If you are open about being unsuccessful with women, you will have lots of manginas encouraging you to hit on lots of women ("Come on, man! It's a numbers' game!), or you will have them talking about how you are a loser cause you can't get a woman.

So most men wind up lying about their success.

I think the best lie is one that is plain, ordinary and not over-the-top. You arent searching for a woman. You arent a player. You have a girlfriend, and she lives in the next state over. When they ask you to elaborate, depending upon who they are, just tell them you prefer not to discuss your personal life.

For this to work though, you have to appear uninterested in other women's beauty. Do not comment on how a woman looks attractive (to her or anyone else) and dont flirt with women. If you are around other guys you are allowed to comment on women, but not in the presence of women can you do that (the judgmental claws will come out).
Last edited by Adama on June 26th, 2013, 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

I'm actually pretty open about my beliefs to my family (going overseas for a girl was actually my moms idea), my friends, and even people at work to some degree.

I haven't had any issues with this. Most people are supportive. More guys feel this way about AW than you would think.

In fact, being open about this led me to the discovery that a guy at my work is moving to Japan next year because he's tired of AW. You never know.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

Are there going to more serial killers like holmes in the future. They all fit the description of a sexually frustrated male that can't fit in to society.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Men are killing women all over the west. And they asked for it. Now their country will crumble.

I don't put on a facade when it comes to social contests. However, I do use discretion when it comes to certain subjects, because most westerners are much too stupid to understand... well, everything. :)

It's not about being two-faced, but about not putting much faith into others to listen or even comprehend what you're saying. So you shut up.

The more "awake" you become, the more pointless talking is anyway. :P
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Adama wrote:I think the best lie is one that is plain, ordinary and not over-the-top. You arent searching for a woman. You arent a player. You have a girlfriend, and she lives in the next state over. When they ask you to elaborate, depending upon who they are, just tell them you prefer not to discuss your personal life.

For this to work though, you have to appear uninterested in other women's beauty. Do not comment on how a woman looks attractive (to her or anyone else) and dont flirt with women. If you are around other guys you are allowed to comment on women, but not in the presence of women can you do that (the judgmental claws will come out).
Yes, the out-of-state technique is highly effective. I'm always *seeing* someone loosely in Hartford, New York, or Providence :wink: but in reality, couldn't give a rat's. Locally, meaning eastern Mass, I spend my time with my lesbian friend, covering for me at local events and protecting me from the gay guys in Provincetown :roll:

As for the b*ink, it's monthly Montreal GFE esc*rts. Thus, I have a zero amount of attraction to women around me, even if she's got a nice top and a round bottom.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

C.J. wrote:It's not about being two-faced, but about not putting much faith into others to listen or even comprehend what you're saying. So you shut up.

The more "awake" you become, the more pointless talking is anyway. :P
I concur. The thing here is that many topics, i.e. dating, spirituality, psychology, etc, seem to bring out the worst in ppl, esp when they're either ignorant a/o passive-aggressive deceivers. I've discovered many of the latter type and what's terrible about 'em is that they appear to be intelligent/open minded, at the onset, but once you get to know 'em, they're vicious bad stabbers and spend a lot of time, poisoning the well around you.

It's much easier to get through life with canned conversations about sports, movies, foodie hang outs, and drinking stories. This is the case for at least 90% of the persons you'll meet, on a day to day basis. When I was in school, I had nearly 100 acquaintances/friends. Today, I've parred down that list to a handful. Everyone else I run into, is a business contact or a lead for a new contract/project.

AB discussion thread

Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: So are most people on this forum kind of two faced

Post by Teal Lantern »

Mr.Darcy wrote:Since you cant be yourself to the general public, do yall just put up a facade. How do I cope with doing this since most of my friends live in denial?
How you cope depends on your temperament, goals, expectations, and experiences.
While young and liberal, you want to save the world (hope & change).
You get older and more conservative/libertarian, you just want people to stay the fvck off your lawn (don't tread on me). :lol:
I.e., what you see as the problem + your options, will determine what you see as a viable solution. 8)

Mr.Darcy wrote:Yet, I do not feel like Im the only one. I strongly think suicide rates are going to be high for my generation due to how toxix our society is. I can just smell it out of people sometimes.
There will be more drug-related deaths.
From alcohol to pills, more people are on mind-altering drugs.
A cynic might observe that each man who dirt naps himself (and others), frees up an additional woman.
The same applies to men getting blown to bits in some bankster & arms merchant hell-hole war.
Soldier suicides are running higher than soldier KIAs.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything