Has Winston become a Herbivore man?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Is Winston a Herbivore Man?

Low Testosterone. Low posting. Vegan. Yes.
67%
Maybe. He still occasionally posts and holds council with very active members on this forum.
33%
No. He's a virile man who exemplifies happier abroad.
No votes

Total votes: 12
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Has Winston become a Herbivore man?

Post by Repatriate »

The wikipedia definition
erbivore men (草食(系)男子 Sōshoku(-kei) danshi?) is a social phenomenon in Japan of men who shun marriage or gaining a girlfriend.[1] They are characteristically described as frugal, and interested in personal grooming.[2] Under this categorization scheme, men and women are either herbivore type (草食系 sōshoku-kei?) or carnivore type (肉食系 nikushoku-kei?). As of September 2010, 36% of Japanese men between the ages of 16 and 19 perceived themselves in this way.[3] Additionally, two surveys of single men in their 20s and 30s found that 61% and 70%, respectively, considered themselves grass-eating men.[4] This phenomenon is viewed by the Japanese government as a leading cause in the nation's declining birth rate, prompting the government to provide incentives for couples that have children, including payouts and free health care.[5]
Lowered testosterone. A predisposition for taste carbs. A lack of social interaction...

It points to this...
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Why his parents named him Winnie-the-Wu: :P

Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Winston is trapped in the wrong body
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What does low posting have to do with being a vegetarian? I'm not a vegan, I eat eggs, dairy and cheese. I never said I was a vegan.

If you look at my post count, I have the highest number of posts on here anyway. So how can you say that I post too little?

I spend most of my time here writing articles and editing them hundreds of times before publishing them. I still have articles from a few years ago that I haven't released yet, because I'm a perfectionists and never finish adding stuff to them. And also updating/improving tons of little things and features.

I doubt that 36 percent of young men in Japan are vegetarian, or herbivores.

I've never been big on meat though, that's why it was effortless for me to become a vegetarian back in 1990. But I do miss hamburgers, hot dogs and steaks sometimes.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Winston,

The simplest way for you to get much less criticism would be for you to get in great shape! And you would also be much healthier.

Start lifting weights and doing cardio. And try to go for a week eating mostly egg whites and vegetables. Don't eat more than one serving of dairy products per day. Also eat some beans, rice, and oatmeal, but don't overdo it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6aYbs85ylU

Fewer people would call you an "herbivore" if you were ripped!
insanity
Freshman Poster

Post by insanity »

Jackal wrote:Winston,

The simplest way for you to get much less criticism would be for you to get in great shape! And you would also be much healthier.

Start lifting weights and doing cardio. And try to go for a week eating mostly egg whites and vegetables. Don't eat more than one serving of dairy products per day. Also eat some beans, rice, and oatmeal, but don't overdo it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6aYbs85ylU

Fewer people would call you an "herbivore" if you were ripped!
I don´t know why Winston has to explain himself or getting critisized for not being ripped?

And to be honest in my opinion it makes no sense for Winston to get ripped...All that effort for what??
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

All you motherfuckers need to get your testosterone levels checked. You need to know what your numbers are. Guessing won't help you figure out why you cannot lose weight, have low energy and sex drive, etc.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

And exactly why should I care?

I have more important things to do than to think about Winston.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Winston wrote: I spend most of my time here writing articles and editing them hundreds of times before publishing them. I still have articles from a few years ago that I haven't released yet, because I'm a perfectionists and never finish adding stuff to them. And also updating/improving tons of little things and features.
Can't you do this while travelling?

You should get out of the house and do another happier-abroad stint, especially now that you have cash coming in from this site.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

I hope your articles are not the paranormal types bc i spend 0% of my time reading that genre.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Has Winston become a Herbivore man?

Post by Teal Lantern »

W doesn't shun female company, so, no.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote: If you look at my post count, I have the highest number of posts on here anyway. So how can you say that I post too little?
While that may be true you seem to express less enthusiasm and joy of traveling and adventuring than in the past. I can't help but feel the past few years has been some kind of depressive slump for you. I'm not bagging on you just providing a general observation. You seem to have the means to sustain yourself with some passive income so you should travel and blog again. I mean start with China or something since the ease of travel is there. You always comment on how beautiful Chinese women on the site are so you should put yourself out there.
I spend most of my time here writing articles and editing them hundreds of times before publishing them. I still have articles from a few years ago that I haven't released yet, because I'm a perfectionists and never finish adding stuff to them. And also updating/improving tons of little things and features.
The real meat and potatoes of your site were your articles. They attracted a wide audience and got you on the front cover of a magazine. There are several forums I visit where your name gets mentioned every once in awhile out of the blue and they are totally unrelated to living abroad. It's quite interesting how you seem to have become imbedded in the internet subconscious for quite a wide range of people. You should keep doing what works and generates notoriety and maybe even converts to the cause. Have you seen the series Thumbs up by vice? Maybe you could hire Falcon or someone to follow you around and create a video blog of your overseas adventures. You could easily create a documentary doing what you do..I can almost guarantee that it would be of interest to many.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Enough of Asia,
How about Sth America for change?

Winston lost desire to travel and that is the big problem for HA community

Wanna see Winnie banging some Brazilian ass
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Japan is actually not very vegetarian friendly:
http://thisjapaneselife.org/2011/09/07/ ... rian-food/

If you wrote an article and had to go back and edit it "hundreds of times", you've probably spent too much time on it. This is one reason why writers hire an editor to look over their stuff for them.
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

The owner of Happier Abroad isn't even Happier Abroad. Hell, he isn't even abroad!

When will Winston stop living on past 'glories' and start walking the talk? An unemployed man with passive income, writes passionately about how life is better abroad, is passionately interested in Chinese women, would rather stay in America with his parents in a place he condemns as being soulless!? It defies logic!

I'd understand if this was 2-3 weeks, but Winston hasn't lived by his principles for a few years now, be it in Taiwan or America. Perhaps because his zodiac sign is Pisces, and Pisces tend to lack direction or conviction about where they're going in life. He needs a kick up the ar*se from people around here.

Start doing something concrete Winston or admit that you've retired from the cause, given up and perhaps pass the baton on to someone who's really walking the talk like Falcon, Ghost or even Zboy who's about to move to China!